Author Topic: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer  (Read 406707 times)

Offline dvven

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Xtreamer Media Player and Streamer
« Reply #1470 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 12:36 PM »

ask ko lang po bakit po kaya nun nagtry me mag Move ng file (xtreamer + win7 via USB) biglang nagkaron ng error then i had to cancel it....tapos nwala na yong File ko.

sinubukan ko i paste ulet to any directory wala na talga...tried Undo as well wala rin.. in  short nadelete yong file ko dahil don.  i guess i'll never use "Move" command of windows again !

regards po sa lahat!

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #1471 on: Feb 28, 2011 at 02:07 PM »
ask ko lang po bakit po kaya nun nagtry me mag Move ng file (xtreamer + win7 via USB) biglang nagkaron ng error then i had to cancel it....tapos nwala na yong File ko.

sinubukan ko i paste ulet to any directory wala na talga...tried Undo as well wala rin.. in  short nadelete yong file ko dahil don.  i guess i'll never use "Move" command of windows again !

regards po sa lahat!

hmmm... weird, that never happened to me.pag unsuccessful or there was an error moving a file in windows, dapat di mawala/mabura yung file. i always move my files and not copy it because of the higher transfer rate of moving(cutting and pasting) a file to another drive.

Offline charles_craw

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1472 on: Mar 04, 2011 at 10:27 AM »
Hi! just both xtreamer with sidewinder. ask ko lng. kasi yung sakin wala ng fan. ganun ba talaga yun pag binile mo n kasama n yung sidewinder?

Offline babed95

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1473 on: Mar 06, 2011 at 11:13 AM »
yes sir pag xtreamer sidewinder na ang binili mo wla ng fan na kasama yun passive cooling na ang tawag sa kanya well hindi naman sya mag ooverheat im using also xtreamer sidewinder pro wla naman issue about overheat wag mo lang itatabi sa kalan ahahaha joke lang sir!

Offline supersenior

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1474 on: Mar 07, 2011 at 03:43 PM »
Newbie here. After lurking in the background for several months now and learning a lot from the different threads in this forum, I finally decided to jump into the discussions.

I got the xtreamer sidewinder and Panasonic 42x20 TV last December.Connection to the TV is through HDMI and since this a 720p native resolution TV ,xtreamer TV resolution was set to 720p 60 Hz.My family and I enjoyed watching movies, viewing photos, and playing music with this media player. I was pretty satisfied with the set up except that I couldn't watch mkv files with compressed headers.

I recently upgraded the firmware to Version 2.6 from the factory installed Version 2.3.1.This solved the issue  on  the mkv files with compressed headers. At 720p 60 Hz TV resolution,I noticed, however, that each time I boot the xtreamer, the menus are shifted to the right  of the TV screen .The left portion of the menu is displayed at the right half of the screen while the  right portion of the menu is shown at the  left half of the TV screen.If I play a video file then return to the menus, the menus are now displayed correctly.I reinstalled the firmware and followed the instructions correctly, including the restore default in the settings menu but still no go.

Changed the settings to 720p 50 Hz and the menus were displayed correctly after booting . The picture quality looks OK but I don't know if this won't harm the TV with this setting. Tried the other resolutions 1080p/50Hz/60 Hz,1080i/50Hz/60Hz, HDMI Auto, 480p,576p and the menus were OK.

Also, I can't make the slideshow function work with  this firmware. When viewing photos, the picture is stuck on the screen and doesn't move on to the next photo automatically. You have to press the PGUP or PGDN buttons on the remote to view succeeding photos.  I made several adjustments on the slide show timing and transition effects but  I still couldn't make it work.Didn't have this problem with Version 2.31.

Have  any of  you guys encountered the above problems with Version 2.60 and could you pls advise on how to fix them?

Offline erwin111

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1475 on: Mar 07, 2011 at 04:06 PM »
Newbie here. After lurking in the background for several months now and learning a lot from the different threads in this forum, I finally decided to jump into the discussions.

I got the xtreamer sidewinder and Panasonic 42x20 TV last December.Connection to the TV is through HDMI and since this a 720p native resolution TV ,xtreamer TV resolution was set to 720p 60 Hz.My family and I enjoyed watching movies, viewing photos, and playing music with this media player. I was pretty satisfied with the set up except that I couldn't watch mkv files with compressed headers.

I recently upgraded the firmware to Version 2.6 from the factory installed Version 2.3.1.This solved the issue  on  the mkv files with compressed headers. At 720p 60 Hz TV resolution,I noticed, however, that each time I boot the xtreamer, the menus are shifted to the right  of the TV screen .The left portion of the menu is displayed at the right half of the screen while the  right portion of the menu is shown at the  left half of the TV screen.If I play a video file then return to the menus, the menus are now displayed correctly.I reinstalled the firmware and followed the instructions correctly, including the restore default in the settings menu but still no go.

Changed the settings to 720p 50 Hz and the menus were displayed correctly after booting . The picture quality looks OK but I don't know if this won't harm the TV with this setting. Tried the other resolutions 1080p/50Hz/60 Hz,1080i/50Hz/60Hz, HDMI Auto, 480p,576p and the menus were OK.

Also, I can't make the slideshow function work with  this firmware. When viewing photos, the picture is stuck on the screen and doesn't move on to the next photo automatically. You have to press the PGUP or PGDN buttons on the remote to view succeeding photos.  I made several adjustments on the slide show timing and transition effects but  I still couldn't make it work.Didn't have this problem with Version 2.31.

Have  any of  you guys encountered the above problems with Version 2.60 and could you pls advise on how to fix them?

I owned the xtreamer for a year now and have encountered the same problem (distorted menus when set at 720p/60hz) when paired with 42x20. I just set the resolution to Auto.  It will set at 480p at start-up then 1080p/60Hz at the menu.  Should be no problem since the 42x20 can accept full hd signals.  I'm using 2.60 firmware and not tried the photo slide show in xtreamer.  Maybe you could try on the 42x20 via SD photo slide show (although I haven't also tried it).

Offline robertj

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1476 on: Mar 08, 2011 at 08:34 PM »
I upgraded from firmware ver. 2.52 to 2.60 today. Some files from my PC(streaming) hangs after a few seconds of playback. >:( Re-installed ver. 2.52 and the hang-ups disappeared. ???

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1477 on: Mar 08, 2011 at 08:45 PM »
everything's working fine with my fw 2.5.2 as well, so no need to update it for now. i'll just wait for their fw update for dts hdma support for sidewinders.

Offline supersenior

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1478 on: Mar 11, 2011 at 11:30 AM »
Found the fix to slideshow not working with version 2.6 firmware in the xtreamer.net forum. I should mention that I’m using a WD My Passport 500 GB external hard disk drive. I learned that this problem is common to WD My Book and My Passport HDDs with WD Smartware Virtual CD application. The Smartware is causing the xtreamer (with firmware versions 2.4 and on-ward )to read the HDD as an external DVD-ROM drive, not as a data disk , and this is messing up the slideshow function.

I disabled the Smartware Virtual CD and slideshow is now working fine. Here’s the link for how to remove the virtual CD- http://superuser.com/questions/44318/how-do-i-remove-a-mybooks-wd-smartware-virtual-cd-from-my-desktop

Offline ikatrese

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • turning geek is never too late
  • Liked:
« Reply #1479 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 03:55 PM »
no problem so far with my Xtreamer [1st gen] with 2.60 fw.
people are strange when you're a stranger...

Offline Archie

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1480 on: Mar 19, 2011 at 08:02 AM »
how can i access xtreamer using an ipod touch directly?

currently kailangan pa ng pc server, yun uPNP di ma play using media player.

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1481 on: Mar 28, 2011 at 08:01 AM »
Hi Guys.  Finally found a local active discussion of the XTreamer.  We have a two XT PROs integrated into our home network.  Both are running FW 2.6 with the XMOD extension.   I used to run the BT client Transmission on them however I found some features I regularly use missing or better done in uT.   Transmission is pretty good though and its remote UI is better that uT's for me.  I strongly suggest turning off Transmission while watching.  This is not because Transmission overloads the CPU but because if the XT hangs all the active files will have to be reverified and this can take a very long time.

Recently, I've been experiencing some hanging.  I'm not really sure what the source is but I suspect it has something to do with the spindown feature.  It could be the XT firmware or a problem with the hard disks.  I muck around with the software quite a bit (via SSH for those interested) and I may have accidentally done something wrong, so I think I'll flash the FW again.

One for the features of the XTs I like most is how well they play files across our network.   The only time I encountered problems was when I had uT running on both and I was watching a video on one what was stored on the other.  Without uT running, everything works just fine.

RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline tapyok

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1482 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 05:42 PM »
mga sir tulung naman... saan ba pwedeng ipaayos ang xtreamer mk1?? ayaw gumana ung hdmi... tsaka ung orange light sa ethernet port always on kahit wala namang nakalagay na ethernet cable...  naayos pa kaya un???  haaaayyyy almost every day kong gamit ung xtreamer ko then biglang nasira...   =(

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #1483 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 05:52 PM »
mga sir tulung naman... saan ba pwedeng ipaayos ang xtreamer mk1?? ayaw gumana ung hdmi... tsaka ung orange light sa ethernet port always on kahit wala namang nakalagay na ethernet cable...  naayos pa kaya un???  haaaayyyy almost every day kong gamit ung xtreamer ko then biglang nasira...   =(

May authorized service center ba ang mga unit na ganyan dito sa atin,..?  ???

Offline tapyok

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1484 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 09:35 PM »
un nga eh... meron nga kaya????

Offline ziGGy

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Customers take stand against Xtreamer
« Reply #1485 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 11:53 AM »
Ey guys! Just read an article from mpcclub.com

Customers take stand against Xtreamer
Following our own dissatisfaction of Xtreamer's attitude towards clients and lacking support (or their attitude towards our criticism), it seems now also customers and one of their renown moderators are slowly but surely slapping the "enough is enough" statement around Xtreamer... and get suspended for it... What else is new you may say...? Exactly, nothing, but once again the Xtreamer community and brand shows it doesn't care less about your opinion as long as you buy the products and believe everything they say. This is such a shame as Xtreamer get's away with it while it keeps building upon those users that go for the cheap alternatives versus the real supported products...

The comments posted by a long time user of Xtreamer:
Dear Xtreamer company (and community members).
This is the time that a true customer says to you - Enough is enough.

Honestly, as a costumer, I feel disappointed about you - as company i've trusted, bought your products and recommended to many of my friends.
It looks like your agenda is to keep releasing new products instead of supporting and improving your previous ones as you wrote you'll do to your present costumers, who already paid for your previous products (old-promised SDK3 + Official JukeBox).

Last months you've released the Xtreamer Prodigy, Ultra and more new products instead of keep your basic promise to your costumers - the forsaken SDK3 firmware. You've talked about it for more than a year and didn't give us any new information about it since then. you can't hold your costumers forever. instead of give us true answers about the SDK3, you are closing any potential treads about it and don't have any REAL answers about it (as a beta/true release date).

As well the Jukebox got stuck forever "because it is a community project", and not really an official option as you still showing in your product specs website page.

I'm not blaming personally anyone of the moderators group for this awkward situation, but only the Xtreamer company itself is shooting it's own leg - the company is maybe too greedy instead of truly support us and stand behind their words. otherwise, i can't explain how in April 2011 we still don't know anything about the forsaken SDK3 and official Jukebox integration as we should know, while new products are on their way to the stores.

And today it cost the company by loosing a true community member - me - who says - once again - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. Bad situation for both sides, but i can't accept it anymore.
Xtreamers reaction: "Banned!" and the whole team of moderators came around to tell everyone how wonderful they are and how wrong the customer is... We decided to break our own rules, and respond at Xtreamer...

You got my respect for standing up whilst everyone is defending a lie up here and saying it's ok to lie about half the product and plans as long as the product only costs €99 and 25 shipping + sidewinder... oh wait... that's €150 to get something properly and then we must load all kinds of open source tools to make things work properly which Xtreamer could not do and must accept it does what is stated on the box...

May I remind you, any official response on the site by those who represent Xtreamer is legally bonding!!?

You're more a moderator (in the true meaning of the word) and open source guy (in the true meaning) for standing up against this wrong attitude in favor of the customer... R.E.S.P.E.C.T!! Unfortunately it's a lost cause, people will protect their money income (paid open scene developers to promote Xtreamer and develop for them as so called open source) which Xtreamer probably funds with the money they save by not paying licenses or deliver support and then claim they are "cheaper"...

Wasn't it obvious from the start...?
Maybe people need to start looking at the responses of mods and officials and find the true Xtreamer spirit underneath the "why pay more"... Shut up or else... That's it!!
I wouldn't be surprised if "Xtreamer" becomes a synonym for "lying and manipulative" in the next vocabulary update. As long as those resellers out for a buck only and not at service towards customers keep selling Xtreamer products, Xtreamer remains flourishing and couldn't care less about the opinion or needs of you or me...

Offline tapyok

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1486 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:22 PM »
Mga bossing, i called the distributor kanina... PCtrends...  kala ko kasi baka may distro warranty pa ung xtreamer... sabi sakin... talagang 1 yr warranty lang ang xtreamer... my xtreamer was bought jan'10 kaya wala ng warranty... than i asked him kung pwedeng pa repair na lang sa kanila..  ang sabi sakin, sir di namin na rerepair yan kasi kung may warranty ibabalik namin sa supplier and replace ung unit...  kaya ngayon d ko alam kung saan ko papaayos ung hdmi nung xtreamer ko =(

Offline glacierfrost

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1487 on: Apr 16, 2011 at 09:37 AM »
Saan kaya nakakabili ng wifi dongle for xtreamer? Meron bang compatible sa xtreamer na generic wifi dongle (CDR king)?

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1488 on: Apr 16, 2011 at 10:07 AM »
Try mo sa Villman bro.  I got my dongle there.  

"1 year warranty" ... I remember the days when stuff were sold with a "5-year money back guarantee" or even a "lifetime guarantee".  The only place I regularly see warranties greater than a year are at Abenson and the other appliance stores but the additional years will cost one more.  The good news is that most stuff that makes it past the first few weeks will most likely be fine through its usual lifetime.  

I work in the electronics design industry and I can tell you that things are now designed with quality as a variable.  If a customer wants something that will last 10-years that can be done and it will cost say $100.  If another customer wants the same thing but with a 1-year lifetime that can be done too and it will cost say $20.  Not all markets are willing or able to pay for 10-year lifespan, and products anyway die from obsolescence sooner than wear and tear which is especially true of things electronic.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: Apr 16, 2011 at 07:11 PM by lncc63 »
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1489 on: Apr 16, 2011 at 04:58 PM »
firmware 2.7.0 out!

bug fixes + facebook app

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1490 on: Apr 16, 2011 at 06:20 PM »
di pa rin pala included yung DTSMA downmix issue nila.

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1491 on: Apr 18, 2011 at 03:58 PM »
firmware 2.7.0 out!

bug fixes + facebook app

Does the xFacebook work for you guys?  I tried it but could not get it working ... did not really try very hard. 
I think my wife who isn't really into gadgets would like this feature.
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1492 on: Apr 19, 2011 at 07:36 AM »
Does the xFacebook work for you guys?  I tried it but could not get it working ... did not really try very hard. 
I think my wife who isn't really into gadgets would like this feature.

taken from Xtreamer site:

Release notes

(Due to the changes made by Facebook people this feature is not working temporarily if you download from the server. please use this file and put it inside your /scripts folder. We will fix it on the server as well in the next couple of days)

http://forum.xtreamer.net/topic/21897-xtreamer-27-official-release/page__pid__179831#entry179831

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1493 on: Apr 19, 2011 at 02:16 PM »
yung 2.7 FW ba gumagana sa Xtreamer Pro? yung sa page kasi ng Xtreamer Pro hanggang 2.5.4 lang nakalagay an FW update pero na-update ko naman ng 2.6 yung Pro ko.

Try mo sa Villman bro.  I got my dongle there.

sir how much mo nabili yung dongle ng Xtreamer?

Offline stockHT

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1494 on: Apr 19, 2011 at 02:45 PM »
guys may nakabili na ba ng xtreamer dvd?

any reviews in terms of pq when playing dvd? nag uupscale ba sya?

yung xtreamer dvd kasi is basically a xtreamer w/sidewinder + dvd bay.

thanks!
Blog and Vlog

http://tinyurl.com/YNTV-Vlog

VinylGrimes

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1495 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 06:02 AM »
yung 2.7 FW ba gumagana sa Xtreamer Pro? yung sa page kasi ng Xtreamer Pro hanggang 2.5.4 lang nakalagay an FW update pero na-update ko naman ng 2.6 yung Pro ko.

sir how much mo nabili yung dongle ng Xtreamer?

Yes, sir.  I upgraded our two XTreamer PRO yesterday to 2.7.  So far so good, haven't found any defect.

I think I got the WiFi dongle for P900.   I suggest though you use an ethernet connection if you can.  We no longer use the dongle I bought on the XTreamers but instead have it on a PC.
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1496 on: Apr 20, 2011 at 10:22 AM »
Yes, sir.  I upgraded our two XTreamer PRO yesterday to 2.7.  So far so good, haven't found any defect.

I think I got the WiFi dongle for P900.   I suggest though you use an ethernet connection if you can.  We no longer use the dongle I bought on the XTreamers but instead have it on a PC.

thanks, sir.

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
« Reply #1497 on: Apr 22, 2011 at 09:55 PM »
I've an xtreamer paired with 1tb my book. Tried to upgrade with fw 2.7 using the said external HD but it took unusually long. turned off and on the unit and it resumed the firmware update then it stopped just when its about to be finished. Tried to download and install the emergency firmware still no joy. Need help!  ???

From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline lncc63

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1498 on: Apr 22, 2011 at 10:40 PM »
Did you try doing it again?  The documentation on the XTreamer website says doing it several times is sometimes necessary.   I would suggest you also use a USB thumb drive instead because they are simpler and thus less things can go wrong.   Make sure you use a USB drive 1G or smaller.  I would also do a full format of the USB drive before putting the firmware image on it.

Is this a PRO or a Sidewinder?
RX-V3800
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1499 on: Apr 23, 2011 at 05:33 AM »
try using a Flashdrive and make sure no other external HDD is connected. works for me all the time. updating only takes me 2-3minutes.