Author Topic: my solution to "hard to play" 1080p mkv file/s  (Read 7208 times)

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: my solution to "hard to play" 1080p mkv file/s
« Reply #30 on: Aug 28, 2009 at 06:17 PM »
let me try to answer that sir keema..

I just followed the link sir clondalkin gave since I am getting 80%  CPU utilization before... now thanks to the link I'm getting 40% .

here's  the snippet from the link:
Tip: While playing an .mkv file in KMPlayer press the Ctrl+Tab keys to bring up the file info.  COREAVC should be displayed as the Video decoder and you should get the Haali Media Splitter Icon in your taskbar.

Thanks sir gunblade :)

btw another question again :D i have an ironman.mkv movie that is in my external HDD..i dont know what wrong with but i cant play it in my laptop but it plays well in my WD tv..???  ??? ???

when im playing it in my laptop KMP gives a message "file missing"
any idea why is this happening?

Salamat po...:)

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #31 on: Aug 28, 2009 at 06:21 PM »
Post ko na rin dito.   Follow this procedure properly and your dual-core powered PC should be able to play any kind of 1080p mkv smoothly with powerful DTS sound output;  including super heavyweight ones the could make NMTs stu-tu-tu-tu-tter.   ;)

http://www.projecthtpc.co.uk/htpc_software08.html

BTW, I havent tried the MediaPortal installation part (on top of KMP) because I'm very simplistic and I grew up with DOS.    ;D

I haven't encountered that problem yet, but have you tried following the link given by clondalkin?

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Aug 28, 2009 at 06:29 PM »
im reading it now sir gunblade..:) salamat po..:)

i have tried as well pressing ctrl + tab in kmp while playing an .mkv file, and i have seen both my video and audio is using the coreAVC decoders..:)

salamat po..:D

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #33 on: Sep 06, 2009 at 01:09 PM »
isang napakalaking THANK YOU yahohoooo!!! sa 'yo amigong Clondalkin.

tiniis ko kahit mahilu-hilo na ako sa antok mainstall ko lang. SULIT! as in FLAWLESS!!!  :o

kaya naman ako natagalan kasi binura ko pa ang mga existing players and filters, kaso nakaligtaan kong alisin ang K-Lite codec the reason why ayaw lumabas ng CoreAVC as codec for KMPlayer. kaya sa mga susubok nito, make sure talaga na maalis n'yo muna ang mga installed codecs para hetso-deretso ang install. sa case ko e di ko napansin  >:(

but now, ayos na ayos na si celine yun nga lang e hindi dts ang concert na yun but with the help of amigong Clon, aba'y saan ka pa. goodbye stu-tu-te-te-ring 1080p files.  ;)

mabuhay ang PDVD! at sa kagaya ni amigong Clon na naipamamahagi ang mga nalalaman.

magshift pa ba ako sa NMT?  ::)
same feeling after clondalkin introduced me to this kmp/core avc combo  ;D
thanks again bro clondalkin  :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Sep 07, 2009 at 09:22 AM »
Hi Ninj!  Anong favorite mong Video Renderer sa KM Player?   Nag-iiba-iba ang IQ depende sa renderer diba?

Cheers Bro!

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Sep 07, 2009 at 11:42 AM »
Hi Ninj!  Anong favorite mong Video Renderer sa KM Player?   Nag-iiba-iba ang IQ depende sa renderer diba?

Cheers Bro!

im using the default settings bro.   :D
ninjababez online ..

Offline tein

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sound and Vision Home Entertainment 0917-5160808
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Sep 07, 2009 at 12:20 PM »
guys anyone using imedian player here? kasi may napansin ako na pag yun movie naka decode by DTS nag jujump yun movie pa konte konte.. pag  dolby naman smooth lang sya, tried turning off DTS sa player tapos leaving dolby on smooth naman yun mga mkv files. codec lang ba need ko dito ? kasi nuon smooth lahat sila nun d pa ako nag ON nun dolby and dts. thanks!

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Sep 07, 2009 at 01:22 PM »
im using the default settings bro.   :D

The default settings are fine with any 720p or 1080p contents.  However, I noticed that if I play sd avi with spotlighted scenes (as in dancing or singing contests sa stage), blown out yung IQ - to the point na di mo na makita halos yung dancers sa liwanag ng spotlight - and no amount of manual fix on the TV and within the player itself could sufficiently correct it.

Played the same sd avi through WMP 11 and it looked great.  Very warm pa nga ang color rendition.

Then one day out of the blue, I just played around with the video renderers within KMP while watching the same dancing show and noticed marked improvement - di na blown out ang brightness.  So now, I'm rotating among the available renderers if I find something iffy sa IQ.

Yun lang naman.  Otherwise defaults settings are OK.   ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 07, 2009 at 01:24 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Sep 07, 2009 at 04:09 PM »
The default settings are fine with any 720p or 1080p contents.  However, I noticed that if I play sd avi with spotlighted scenes (as in dancing or singing contests sa stage), blown out yung IQ - to the point na di mo na makita halos yung dancers sa liwanag ng spotlight - and no amount of manual fix on the TV and within the player itself could sufficiently correct it.

Played the same sd avi through WMP 11 and it looked great.  Very warm pa nga ang color rendition.

Then one day out of the blue, I just played around with the video renderers within KMP while watching the same dancing show and noticed marked improvement - di na blown out ang brightness.  So now, I'm rotating among the available renderers if I find something iffy sa IQ.

Yun lang naman.  Otherwise defaults settings are OK.   ;)
i remembered my officemate asking me to install an add-on software for kmplayer, then advising me to use this renderer for my SD viewing.   was not interested at that time since the mininum i play is a dvd9, which is good enough for me  :D
ill ask him when i visit my gf's office  :)
ninjababez online ..