Author Topic: SAKURA AV-200T Tube Amp  (Read 356322 times)

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SAKURA AV-200T Tube Amp
« Reply #390 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 03:59 PM »
if get them NOS, you might end up spending more than the cost of the unit itself.....the 6H23 will not require replacement any time soon, so with the big tubes....unless you want ot tube roll...

Yes Sir Tony, for tube rolling lang sana, curious lang talaga ako kung may malaking difference ba in sound quality :)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline xdaatom206

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #391 on: Mar 15, 2010 at 11:36 PM »
Any news on the AV-300T? like the one posted na gumagamit ng El84's

Offline ultimax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 12:52 PM »
Hi! I am a newbie here and would like to get information on who or where I can upgrade my sakura av-200t tube amp. I was reading this forum and is very interested on the cost of upgrading one (3k?). I will very much appreciate any info (name, store, contact no.). Thanks again and more power 

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #393 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 01:09 PM »
contact diy_master Sir
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline egzbuen

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 05:57 PM »

Offline xdaatom206

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Mar 17, 2010 at 08:39 PM »
Tawagan mo si Anthony

Offline yygoob

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #396 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 12:21 PM »
musta po ang tunog na tubes na ito..on the warm side ba yung tipong hindi nakapagod sa tenga pag tumagal.... na pansin ko kasi sa amplifier ko na maranz 4500 at onkyo medyo bright ng unti ang tunog,,,mas warmer itong pio sx34b ko pero medyo may tupak na di ko alam kung pwede pa maayos!!

kaya pa kayang maayos o bili na lang ng sakura tube amp
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2010 at 12:26 PM by yygoob »

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 01:10 PM »
How could I get in touch with Anthony or the diy_master? Any Contact information will help a lot. my contact no. is 09175442688

BTW: I came across a chinese tube amp probably the same manufacturer of the Sakura AV-200T but this one is an AV-400 trademark is "newjomo". It is very much the same in appearance of the Sakura and the specs are:

Real 2.1 channel output
Main channel 80W x 2

I attempted to show an image but don't know how to do it. Buyers/suppliers are required to contact them for the price and probably the minimum no. of units.  Anyway check it out at:
 http://www.made-in-china.com/products-search/hot-china-products/Tube_Amplifier.html

Offline dencio105

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 206
« Reply #398 on: Mar 18, 2010 at 02:15 PM »
For those who want to get in touch with sir Anthony (AKA diy_master):

For fast transaction Call 3577990 or 0921 4697091  TIA! :)

Note: sa mga smart na line you can txt me sa 0908 888 4106. para matawagan ko po kayo sa CP. ty!
« Last Edit: Mar 18, 2010 at 02:16 PM by dencio105 »

Offline rocker30

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #399 on: Mar 22, 2010 at 01:31 PM »
Question po...which would be better for the Sakura Amp...Wharfedale 9.1 or 10.1? I'm planning to get one this weekend, konti lang price difference ng 9.1 and 10.1, just wondering if better to get the 10.1. Thanks  :D

Offline deuce

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #400 on: Mar 22, 2010 at 03:07 PM »
Hi! I am a newbie here and would like to get information on who or where I can upgrade my sakura av-200t tube amp. I was reading this forum and is very interested on the cost of upgrading one (3k?). I will very much appreciate any info (name, store, contact no.). Thanks again and more power 

Hi, there, Ultimax!

If you are the same Ultimax in Wiredstate, and if you take up Hypertriode on his enthusiastic invitation to "bring your unit over and let's see what we can do with your Sakura," can you please share the results with us in this thread? Not too many of us know the great Mr. Rivo that well, to successfully solicit such an invitation :)!

With this, plus Sir TonyT's hints at future tube-rolling and mods, great things might be in store for the Sakura AV-200T. It seems the saga of this lowly sub-P4k amp will never end :).

Offline ea_potenciano

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Mar 24, 2010 at 11:44 AM »
There's actually no direct (or even related) formula for RMS - PMPO (bullcrap PMPO).. As per definition from National Semiconductor's Audio Radio Handbook "PMPO is the maximum power an amplifier can deliver to a load with sagging the power supply".  And as per FCC rule, bawal mag advertise ang amplifier with PMPO ratings, it tends to fool the consumers. Imagine, seeing an amplifer with PMPO rating of 200W/Ch and a 25W RMS/Ch... GRRRRRR kakainis

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Mar 24, 2010 at 03:26 PM »
I have just bought the sakura a couple of days ago and been listening to it for a total of 18 hours now.I first tried to hook  a couple of polk speakers as satellites to a powered MK sub, nice at first but then something nasty happened. The mk gave and what was left was an irritating humming sound.  I transferred  the  polk  monitors to a passive subwoofer from my old bose acoustimass, spin some of my audiophile demo recordings and  after a few adjustments Hmmm.. quite impressive specially on the acoustic strings and the vocals are clear and decent.
In my opinion this amp will someway serve as  an "advent" to peolple like me who loves to listen to pure analog music. I guess I'll stick to it for a while, read more forums, audition other popular tubes, and finally  when ready...... be good to my wife..hehehe.  :D

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #403 on: Mar 26, 2010 at 12:37 PM »
I have just bought the sakura a couple of days ago and been listening to it for a total of 18 hours now.I first tried to hook  a couple of polk speakers as satellites to a powered MK sub, nice at first but then something nasty happened. The mk gave and what was left was an irritating humming sound.  I transferred  the  polk  monitors to a passive subwoofer from my old bose acoustimass, spin some of my audiophile demo recordings and  after a few adjustments Hmmm.. quite impressive specially on the acoustic strings and the vocals are clear and decent.
In my opinion this amp will someway serve as  an "advent" to peolple like me who loves to listen to pure analog music. I guess I'll stick to it for a while, read more forums, audition other popular tubes, and finally  when ready...... be good to my wife..hehehe.  :D

congrats! i'm glad you're satisfied/happy.

aside from you, sir tonyt na lang yata ang alam ko na gumagamit neto. medyo marami na yata ang nasa marketplace

btw i believe hybrid tube amp ito, tubes used sa preamp & rectifier?

enjoy!  
« Last Edit: Mar 26, 2010 at 12:37 PM by ojof00l »

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Mar 26, 2010 at 12:53 PM »
Ako din still using a modified version from Anthony. Its used to power my 1SC BS clones and 2.5 FS Clones alternately depende sa mood. ;D
Yung source ko either laptop CD player or PSP. ;D Nasira kasi dedicated CDP ko and still saving for a replacement.
Maganda ang SQ lalo na sa mids and highs.
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline egzbuen

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: Mar 26, 2010 at 07:29 PM »
Ako din still using a modified version from Anthony. Its used to power my 1SC BS clones and 2.5 FS Clones alternately depende sa mood. ;D
Yung source ko either laptop CD player or PSP. ;D Nasira kasi dedicated CDP ko and still saving for a replacement.
Maganda ang SQ lalo na sa mids and highs.

I am using the same amp and modification. Not bad for its price. I am still using a DVDP and quite contented already.

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #406 on: Mar 26, 2010 at 07:41 PM »

I am using the same amp and modification. Not bad for its price. I am still using a DVDP and quite contented already.

question lang mga sir... is it really there's a huge difference between stocks and modified? if yes ? what is it?

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Mar 26, 2010 at 08:02 PM »
my Kuring's serving me well. Though i never got the chance to compare the modified version that i have from the stock, nevertheless, happy with it, especially with my beatles remastered from Watts HiFi. ;D
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline egzbuen

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #408 on: Mar 26, 2010 at 11:21 PM »

question lang mga sir... is it really there's a huge difference between stocks and modified? if yes ? what is it?

Let us wait for the experts. I haven't tried the unmodified version. I bought it modified at once.

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #409 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 06:35 PM »
this is very subjective....that is why my advice is to give you and your amp time to live together for a while, then mod and see for yourself....no guarantees that you will like the results, except that when you go that route it is a done deal, no going back... ;D

the atraction of this amp is that is is very very cheap....and yet delivers, once you mod it and increases its monetary value, then i am afraid some of the novelty might wear off.... ;D

actually what i'm trying to point it out, kung ok na pala yung stocks then bakit kailangan pang imodify... anwyay as you've said subjective talaga... it really depends on the person's references.

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 07:20 PM »
Wood working is another passion of mine and I met this "charlie" that builds speakers and what impressed me was this gigantic/enormous horn speakers that he built for a rich client. Before he delivered it (weighs about a ton) he gave me a chance to listen and "WOW" it sounded amazing. Anyway I have finally found a design for a horn speaker box (about 40" tall x 12" wide). I need to find a 5 to 6 inch full range "compressor driver" QTS between .2 & .3 . Any information or suggestion is very much appreciated. I would like to know how the sakura will perform with it.  tnx

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #411 on: Mar 28, 2010 at 01:33 PM »
Yes that's true however my last sentence was a statement. ;)
Anyway I suspect that this sakura amp av-200t is actually "newjomo" av-400. They both look  alike but the spec's of the latter is 80w x 2. I have read this european forum discussing technical modifications. Maybe the masters could give us inputs. ???

(http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=it&u=http://www.topicattivo.com/31713796350-amplificatore-valvolare-av-400-cinese-ibrido-da-50-50w&ei=ZOeuS8fvGYvk7AOA-NHBDw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CCAQ7gEwBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnewjomo%2Bav-400%26hl%3Den%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft:en-US%26rlz%3D1I7ADRA_en)

Offline ultimax

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #412 on: Mar 28, 2010 at 07:21 PM »
No problemo. :D
Strange that this sakura only existed locally hence the av400 have manage to find its way in europe. Both looks exactly the same on the outside except to the brand and wood panels. Anyway thanks for checking it out and I hope to get your professional opinion on what they are up to.  ;)

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Apr 19, 2010 at 03:48 PM »
Just want to share video of Sakura AV200T Hybrid Tube Amp.  

Note:  I would suggest to use a pair of good headphones or good computer speakers

Enjoy

Please click the You Tube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j05VfMSxJKk'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j05VfMSxJKk'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j05VfMSxJKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrw6xprZVQ'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrw6xprZVQ'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrw6xprZVQ
Thanks for viewing. :)
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2010 at 03:55 PM by monreq »
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #414 on: Apr 20, 2010 at 03:47 AM »
Just want to share video of Sakura AV200T Hybrid Tube Amp.  

Note:  I would suggest to use a pair of good headphones or good computer speakers

Enjoy

Please click the You Tube link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j05VfMSxJKk'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j05VfMSxJKk'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j05VfMSxJKk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrw6xprZVQ'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrw6xprZVQ'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZrw6xprZVQ
Thanks for viewing. :)

nice! ;D
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline monreq

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • DVD Guru
  • Only a deaf can't distinguish good from bad audio.
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Apr 20, 2010 at 08:58 AM »
"LEARNING is a NEVER ENDING process.  Only a FOOL will say he already knows everything."

Offline Vhongbiker

• DVD Addict
  • musika atbp.
  • Liked:
« Reply #416 on: Apr 20, 2010 at 12:13 PM »
mon hindi ko ma open :(
Pray not for a lighter burden,
but for a stronger back....

Offline dencio105

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 206

Offline rspeed

• Trade Count: (+55)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Apr 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM »
i have a noob question sirs.. pwede ba ikabit ang turntable dito?  ???

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #419 on: Apr 23, 2010 at 10:58 AM »
TT ---> Phono Preamp -----> Sakura

i have a noob question sirs.. pwede ba ikabit ang turntable dito?  ???