Author Topic: Xtreamer eTRAYz - Full NAS, Web Server, Downloading, Sharing and much more  (Read 143034 times)

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
hi guys, i having trouble moving specific files into folders. moving whole folders into main folders on the root directory presents no problem. but once i start to move specific files or folders to sub folders, it wont allow it. from the e-connector it says i cant do it, on etrayz web, using the move function, i cant choose the sub folder i want the file or folder to be moved to.

any help / thoughts.  :D

Hi Iiinas,

Can you provide more info, pls:

0.  What software package is on your e-TRAYz?  Ver 1.0.4?
1.  Are you logged in to the e-TRAYz as "sysadmin" or as some other user?
2.  Which directory are you working in... e-TRAYz directory (which is restricted for sysadmin use)?  Or Public directory?
3.  What OS are you using on your desktop/laptop?
4.  Have you tried manually mapping the drive in your OS, so that you don't need to use e-TRAYz Web or e-Connector?

I just tried using e-TRAYz Web now:
1.  Was able to create a folder "Sharespace" in the "e-TRAYz Disk" directory (I logged in as "sysadmin").
2.  I created two sub-folders named "Test 1" and "Test 2" inside "Sharespace".
3.  I was able to move "Test 2" inside "Test 1"

I don't seem to have any problem so far.  Does the above more or less duplicate what you're trying to do?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
I just tried creating another folder "Notsharespace" in the e-TRAYz directory.
Was able to move the entire "Sharespace" folder into it using e-TRAYz Web.

The "Move" function appear to be working fine

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
hi guys, i having trouble moving specific files into folders. moving whole folders into main folders on the root directory presents no problem. but once i start to move specific files or folders to sub folders, it wont allow it. from the e-connector it says i cant do it, on etrayz web, using the move function, i cant choose the sub folder i want the file or folder to be moved to.

any help / thoughts.  :D

EDIT:

got a work around on this, but i have to move the said subfolders to the root directory before i can move the said files and folder into it.

which is a hassle. i hope i am doing something wrong or else, they should add this feature, or maybe drag and drop...

Again using e-TRAYz Web, I was able to move files and folders nested within folders (2 levels deep) without problem.  No need for me to move folders to the "root directory" (I assume you mean the highest-level of e-TRAYz Disk).

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Again using e-TRAYz Web, I was able to move files and folders nested within folders (2 levels deep) without problem.  No need for me to move folders to the "root directory" (I assume you mean the highest-level of e-TRAYz Disk).

sir bitstream, pasakay na rin ako sa copy/move topic na 'to. i plugged in an external usb sa 2.0 port ng Etrayz, and want to copy specific files. accessing it thru the webgui and move/copy files from external usb drive to Etrayz is not possible, i see "no right" in the action option. any other possible way to copy files to Etrayz? would the copy function button at the back of the Etrayz work for individual files?

thanks in advance

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:

hmmm.... now i am puzzled.  :-[

do i have to set something for this to happen? since i can move it only on the highest level of etrayz disk.

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
what username are you logged in to Etrayz brader? sysadmin or root or personal username?

edit:
I encountered the same problem awhile back. It seems I don't have write permissions to specific folders. Try the ff:
1) log in as sysadmin (via ssh or putty)
2) chmod -R 777 <folder name you want to have write permission>
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2010 at 10:06 AM by gunblade977 »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
what username are you logged in to Etrayz brader? sysadmin or root or personal username?

edit:
I encountered the same problem awhile back. It seems I don't have write permissions to specific folders. Try the ff:
1) log in as sysadmin (via ssh or putty)
2) chmod -R 777 <folder name you want to have write permission>

i am logged in as sysadmin. so i have to do linux via putty? hehe, am so afraid of this. if ever i install putty, i just type "chmod -R 777 + (folder name)"? and that's it?

and i can actually write but only for folders on the root directory, if its inside folders i cant move it. so the above will solve my problem?

tia brader!

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I have recently installed "TheHijackers PHP application installer V1.0". With this application in Etrayz, we can add some useful third party applications to etrayz via a webGUI (para sa mga katulad ko na alang alam sa linux ;D . Let me try to create a simple guide on how to install the  "TheHijackers PHP application installer V1.0".

1) Make sure you already have an IP address for your Etrayz.
2) Download an SSH client(in this guide, I'll be using putty.exe). donwload putty here -->http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/
3) Run Putty.exe. It should look something like this

4) Put your etrayz' IP address in the "host address" field (seen in the red box above)
5) When the Putty prompt appears. Log in as: "root" and password is your sysadmin password
6) Once logged in, copy the ff: text as is in the prompt and hit ENTER

wget -P /tmp http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4598877/installer/installer_v1.0_base.zip && sudo -u sysadmin unzip /tmp/installer_v1.0_base.zip -d /home/sysadmin/WWW/installer && rm /tmp/installer_v1.0_base.zip

7) Once installation is done, you can now access your PHP installer in your favorite web browser using the ff: address

http://<etrayz IP address>:8000/installer

8) From there you can now install other applications through clicks only ;).
Some noteworthy apps are Transmission, Folder gallery, file manager

This was based from thehijackers install guide seen here
http://forum.xtreamer.net/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=12098&start=0&hilit=php+installer

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
i am logged in as sysadmin. so i have to do linux via putty? hehe, am so afraid of this. if ever i install putty, i just type "chmod -R 777 + (folder name)"? and that's it?

and i can actually write but only for folders on the root directory, if its inside folders i cant move it. so the above will solve my problem?

tia brader!

see my previous post regarding putty use and installation :) I think your subfolders do not have write access.

YM mo ako ngayon brader online ako ;)

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
hmmm.... now i am puzzled.  :-[

do i have to set something for this to happen? since i can move it only on the highest level of etrayz disk.

I didn't have to run Putty, chmod or run other applications, etc.  Works perfectly for me just as it should.  What software package version is on your e-TRAYz?  I'm on 1.0.4.

You might try shutting down the e-TRAYz, then restarting it?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
sir bitstream, pasakay na rin ako sa copy/move topic na 'to. i plugged in an external usb sa 2.0 port ng Etrayz, and want to copy specific files. accessing it thru the webgui and move/copy files from external usb drive to Etrayz is not possible, i see "no right" in the action option. any other possible way to copy files to Etrayz? would the copy function button at the back of the Etrayz work for individual files?

thanks in advance

Hi seymorebutts,

Instructions for USB backup copy are on page 97 of the e-TRAYz User Manual (you can download it from the Xtreamer website).

You cannot select individual files or folders - it backs up the entire USB drive into the USB_Copy folder (in the Public folder) on the e-TRAYz.

Please try to check the forum first, to see if this is a stable operation.  Before, a couple of people posted about their issues with the USB Copy function.  I have no idea if the problem was with their USB device, or with the firmware.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
see my previous post regarding putty use and installation :) I think your subfolders do not have write access.

YM mo ako ngayon brader online ako ;)

pagaralan ko brader. thanks.  :D

I didn't have to run Putty, chmod or run other applications, etc.  Works perfectly for me just as it should.  What software package version is on your e-TRAYz?  I'm on 1.0.4.

You might try shutting down the e-TRAYz, then restarting it?

am on the latest 1.0.4, will try to shut it down and see. thanks. :)

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:

Gaano kalakas sa kuryente ang etrayz?

was able to finally get a wattmeter. My etrayz with 1TB WD Green has an average of 13 watts

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
3.  The third step that I did was to go to ramdisk mode (according to xtreamer forum), by simultaneously hitting the reset and on button. 

Finally, both the eTrayz and HDD was detected  and I was able to successfully finish my installation.

Hope this help others. :D

That helped me a lot. I was able to detect the etrayz even if i was using a router setup. Im using Vista btw.  >:(

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Important tip on Dynamic DNS and HDD Sleep
« Reply #134 on: Mar 08, 2010 at 07:24 PM »
If you plan to use the dynamic DNS facility provided by Xtreamer
(so you can access your e-TRAYz over the internet, by entering
something like http://yourname.myetrayz.net), do not enable
Sleep for the hard drive(s) when setting up your e-TRAYz.

When HDD sleep is enabled, scheduled activities such as refreshing
your IP address cannot take place.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer eTRAYz Topic is so quiet!
« Reply #135 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 05:28 PM »
In general, it seems that e-TRAYz owners have been pretty quiet.
I hope it means that you're all getting along ok!

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
Re: Xtreamer eTRAYz Topic is so quiet!
« Reply #136 on: Mar 09, 2010 at 11:23 PM »
In general, it seems that e-TRAYz owners have been pretty quiet.
I hope it means that you're all getting along ok!

ser eric, baka po napupuyat sa kaka butingting :)
ako po napupuyat sa kaka-abang ng info :D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Xtreamer eTRAYz Topic is so quiet!
« Reply #137 on: Mar 10, 2010 at 05:24 PM »
ser eric, baka po napupuyat sa kaka butingting :)
ako po napupuyat sa kaka-abang ng info :D

Haha!  :D

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
Hi,

Question.  Has JBOD been implemented already with the newest firmware or RAID-0 is still the simplest method of using the two bays?  Thanks.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Setting up 2 x HDD's as distinct and separate devices
« Reply #139 on: Mar 11, 2010 at 09:35 AM »
Hi,

Question.  Has JBOD been implemented already with the newest firmware or RAID-0 is still the simplest method of using the two bays?  Thanks.

JBOD is not yet available in the current firmware.  The simplest method is to set up the two hard drives as distinct and separate devices.

First, you install the first drive as "Linear".  Then you install the second drive as "External".  (Don't be confused - "External" doesn't mean 'outside of the e-TRAYz enclosure'; it means 'external to RAID').

You can read about this in the e-TRAYz section of the Xtreamer Official Forum.

Offline trigo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
was able to install rtorrent, it is a nice upgrade from the etorrent that came with the etrayz.  what other apps can we install?

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
Re: Setting up 2 x HDD's as distinct and separate devices
« Reply #141 on: Mar 11, 2010 at 04:56 PM »
JBOD is not yet available in the current firmware.  The simplest method is to set up the two hard drives as distinct and separate devices.

First, you install the first drive as "Linear".  Then you install the second drive as "External".  (Don't be confused - "External" doesn't mean 'outside of the e-TRAYz enclosure'; it means 'external to RAID').

You can read about this in the e-TRAYz section of the Xtreamer Official Forum.

I guess what I'm looking for is, if I can swap hard disks without losing any data. For example, I have 4 hard disks, and each has only 1TB.  Can I shutdown, remove a HD, and plug in the other HD, and simply power-up the device without any further setup, and of course, without losing any data during the transition?   :)
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2010 at 04:57 PM by IceTea »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
anybody done with their mail set-up, i cant get it. it always fails to send the test mail.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
anybody done with their mail set-up, i cant get it. it always fails to send the test mail.

ME too.  ???

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
ME too.  ???

I am able to send the test mail while using sysadmin account.
1) Logged in as sysadmin and went to Settings->SYstem->Mail(SMTP)
2) filled up the ff:
  Server for sending mail(SMTP):  smtp.gmail.com       GMAIL
  Mail ID (Account Name)        : [email protected] <Email address entered here will be the sender>
  Mail Password:              <Enter the password to your account in the Mail ID field>
  Confirm Password:          <retype password above>
3) Clicked Send Test Mail

What should happen is that a test email will be sent to your registered email in your sysadmin account.

HTH

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
I also get a failing result with sending email.  What would be the server if its yahoo mail?

Offline raman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
guys for gmail outgoing server should be smtp.gmail.com:587  since gmail uses port 587 and not the standard ports.

works like a charm to me.

HTH! =)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
guys for gmail outgoing server should be smtp.gmail.com:587  since gmail uses port 587 and not the standard ports.

works like a charm to me.

HTH! =)

this worked for me!!!

thanks man!  ;D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: Setting up 2 x HDD's as distinct and separate devices
« Reply #148 on: Mar 12, 2010 at 08:28 AM »
I guess what I'm looking for is, if I can swap hard disks without losing any data. For example, I have 4 hard disks, and each has only 1TB.  Can I shutdown, remove a HD, and plug in the other HD, and simply power-up the device without any further setup, and of course, without losing any data during the transition?   :)

I haven't tried this, so I can't say if it's workable.  As I see it, the first HDD shouldn't be swapped out.  It has the software utilities, user and share info, etc. residing in it.  The second HDD might be a different story.

Try to visit the Xtreamer Official Forum.  There should be some answers there.

I will too, when I get the chance.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Kinda discouraged with this NAS since I can't seem to download from other torrent sites other than Mininova and another one.  Anybody who knows how to mod this so files can be downloaded a la utorrent downloader?
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000