Author Topic: Xtreamer eTRAYz - Full NAS, Web Server, Downloading, Sharing and much more  (Read 143032 times)

Offline raman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
@oReOsHaKe I use transmission installed via the hijacker mode posted earlier on the thread.  UI it's much more friendly than the default client and has more info. 

But I believe you can use the built-in e-Torrent client of eTrayz.  Just upload the torrent file and it should work.  I tried it before installing Transmission and I was able to download even on private trackers.

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Kinda discouraged with this NAS since I can't seem to download from other torrent sites other than Mininova and another one.  Anybody who knows how to mod this so files can be downloaded a la utorrent downloader?

The included software does not limit you to pulling in content listed on MiniNova.  Just upload the torrent file to the e-TRAYz - it should work.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
How do I upload?  Just drag the url for a particular torrent server like piratebay?  Where do I upload it? 
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
First, download the torrent file to your pc. Then using the included e-torrent software in Etrayz, Go to the e-torrent -> Download tab. Then click on "register file" button to upload your torrent file previously stored in the pc.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
First, download the torrent file to your pc. Then using the included e-torrent software in Etrayz, Go to the e-torrent -> Download tab. Then click on "register file" button to upload your torrent file previously stored in the pc.

thanks.. will try it po..  ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
your welcome doc, do give feedback if you are getting stable downloads in the private trackers coz it was intermitent on my part. Thats why I tried the transmission torrent client. So far, this works for me :)

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
i have been using the etorrent for some weeks now and just recently i noticed that it stops downloading because i dont see the internet status led blinking so i check on the gui and go to etorrent->downloads and it begins hashing again ???

i leave this on almost 24/7 para matapos yung mga dl ko, pero bakit tumitigil? >:(

at ayaw automatic mag connect, sayang lang yung mga time na iniwan ko syang naka-on :(

-------------------------------------------------------------

eto po yung error nya pag iniwan kong naka monitor sa etorrent

« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2010 at 08:39 AM by seymorebutts »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
your welcome doc, do give feedback if you are getting stable downloads in the private trackers coz it was intermitent on my part. Thats why I tried the transmission torrent client. So far, this works for me :)

got it.. thanks a lot.. will give feedback.. im downloading an 8gb file right now..

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Another question sa mga masters dito:  ;D ;D

How do I transfer files from the eTrayz to a harddisc on my PC? 

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
i have been using the etorrent for some weeks now and just recently i noticed that it stops downloading because i dont see the internet status led blinking so i check on the gui and go to etorrent->downloads and it begins hashing again ???

i leave this on almost 24/7 para matapos yung mga dl ko, pero bakit tumitigil? >:(

at ayaw automatic mag connect, sayang lang yung mga time na iniwan ko syang naka-on :(

-------------------------------------------------------------

eto po yung error nya pag iniwan kong naka monitor sa etorrent

I had been experiencing that same error using both etorrent and rutorrent. Also, I experienced having missing torrents. I still do not know what the problem is.

Hence, I installed the transmission client torrent and I am now having stable downloads and max-ing out my ISP's bandwidth :)

got it.. thanks a lot.. will give feedback.. im downloading an 8gb file right now..
Oks, baka kasi kaya factor ung ISP ko kaya nagiging unstable yung downloads ko using e-torrent.

Another question sa mga masters dito:  ;D ;D

How do I transfer files from the eTrayz to a harddisc on my PC? 
You can use the application from etrayz doc. Use the etrayz connector application and it will map a drive in your "my computer". From there copy paste na lnag yung files to and from the etrayz

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
You can use the application from etrayz doc. Use the etrayz connector application and it will map a drive in your "my computer". From there copy paste na lnag yung files to and from the etrayz

Tried this but the Etrayz HDD still does not appear in "My Computer".  I get this error message: The network path was not found.
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2010 at 10:49 PM by oReOsHaKe »

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Tried this but the Etrayz HDD still does not appear in "My Computer".  I get this error message: The network path was not found.

if you know the IP address of your etrayz you can type this directly in the address bar of "My Computer" prefixed by "\\"(something like \\192.168.0.107) . From there you should be able to see some folders shared by etrayz.
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2010 at 12:11 AM by gunblade977 »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
if you know the IP address of your etrayz you can type this directly in the address bar of "My Computer" prefixed by "\\"(something like \\192.168.0.107) . From there you should be able to see some folders shared by etrayz.

Still unable to see my folders from the windows explorer.  error message this time: windows cannot find \\my ip address

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
^thats odd.. but you can connect to the web GUI of etrayz right? Kindly also check that you have enabled CIFS in Etrayz under Settings->Service->CIFS and that your PC and Etrayz are under the same workgroup.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
^thats odd.. but you can connect to the web GUI of etrayz right? Kindly also check that you have enabled CIFS in Etrayz under Settings->Service->CIFS and that your PC and Etrayz are under the same workgroup.

Got it boss!!!  Thanks a lot.  The problem was both PC and Etrayz have different workgroups..  ;D ;D

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13

1. PC file sharing works excellently - i have all my PC's on wireless-N, and the TVIX and eTrayz are wired (Cat6) on Gigabit Ethernet to my Linksys router
2. Video streaming to my TVIX works flawlessly like having an internal disk - Gigabit Ethernet works

Sir Raptor can you help with how to link my TVIX with the etrayz?  I saw this one in the forum but I don't know where and how I can do this:
1. Logon to the etrayz as root using putty.
2. cd to /etc/samba
3. cp public tvixhd1
4. vi tvixhd1 and change the first line from [PUBLIC] to [TVIXHD1] and leave everything else the same.
5. vi smb.conf and near the bottom where you see: include = /etc/samba/public add: include = /etc/samba/tvixhd1
6. /etc/init.d/smb restart

Part II NFS Share

1. Logon to the web interface of the etrayz as sysadmin then go to Settings->Services->NFS
2. If the NFS Activation checkbox is not already checked, check it and click save.
Then you should see the Export IP list.
3. Enter the IP address of your TViX and click save.
The IP address should now be shown on the list of Registered IPs.
4. Now logon to the etrayz using Putty as root.
5. ln -s /home/Public /tvixhd1
This will create a soft link so that /tvixhd1 points at /home/Public
Now we need to add this name to the exported file systems list.
6. vi /etc/exports
7. Go to the line starting with /home/Public followed by the IP address of your TViX and press yyp
This will make a copy of the line.
8. Insert a # at the beginning of the original /home/Public line
9. On the line you copied, replace /home/Public with /tvixhd1 and save the file.
What was done in these two steps was export /tvixhd1 instead of /home/Public (though they point at the same place) and kept a copy of the original export line just in case you need it again.
10. /etc/init.d/nfs restart
11. ps -ef |grep nfs
See if the four nfsd lines show the current time in the fifth column.
11a. If nfsd didn't restart go back to the web interface and uncheck the NFS Activation checkbox, click save, and then check the NFS Activation check box and click save.

Sir I don't know what a putty is..Is this similar to DOS? How do you logon to the root?

By the way, I tried wired videostreaming of M2TS 40gb file and 1080p mkv files from my den to bedroom.  I tried this with the Xtreamer and mede8er and both showed stuttering of the large M2TS files using NET  but with the xtreamer using ETRAYZ NO PROBLEM whatsoever. Just don't know why this happened with NET but all in all I'm  VERY HAPPY with the streaming using the XTREAMER ETRAYZ network.  Thanks to Sir Eric for the inputs.  IMO, this machine has already answered my problems with regards to videostreaming for my bedroom.

I also tried its downloading feature using etorrent, I can't find the download speed feature but I think it's fast. 

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
what username are you logged in to Etrayz brader? sysadmin or root or personal username?

edit:
I encountered the same problem awhile back. It seems I don't have write permissions to specific folders. Try the ff:
1) log in as sysadmin (via ssh or putty)
2) chmod -R 777 <folder name you want to have write permission>

this one worked for me. thanks brader andrew for the walk through.  ;D

Offline trigo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
how fast is the transfer of files from xtreamer to the pc HD?  is this limited by the switch speed?  can we use the usb (copy) to transfer faster?

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Got it boss!!!  Thanks a lot.  The problem was both PC and Etrayz have different workgroups..  ;D ;D
ayus! tuloy ang downloads ;D

this one worked for me. thanks brader andrew for the walk through.  ;D
no problem.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:

no problem.

brader andrew or sir eric,

i use my wife's macbook, and from its finder, under shared, the etrayz is immediately recognized, once i connect to it as sysadmin, everything works out ok. when she connects using the log in name and password i made for her as a user, she was also able to enter, problem is she cant access the folder made for her. although its being shown on screen, once she clicks it, it says directory does not exist.

any thoughts? thanks.

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
how fast is the transfer of files from xtreamer to the pc HD?  is this limited by the switch speed?  can we use the usb (copy) to transfer faster?

I'm using a 100Mbit router and it is very slow for me(need to upgrade to a Gigabit router ;D ). I also used the USB copy and for me its faster via network copy.

brader andrew or sir eric,

i use my wife's macbook, and from its finder, under shared, the etrayz is immediately recognized, once i connect to it as sysadmin, everything works out ok. when she connects using the log in name and password i made for her as a user, she was also able to enter, problem is she cant access the folder made for her. although its being shown on screen, once she clicks it, it says directory does not exist.

any thoughts? thanks.
Could you try logging to etrayz using your wife's account and using your S10. Baka sa sharing ang problem. You might try to check under Settings-> Service and check either NFS or Apple talk(Hindi ko sure alin dito ang ginagamit ng MAC eh) baka kelangan mo lang i-enable. (Hindi ako MAC user, kaya hula lang ;D )

Offline trigo

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
would a gigabit help make it faster?

the usb copy is faster?

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
I hope so ;D havent had the chance to test it yet, but it is way too slow if your transferring files by the Gb and using only 100mbit
the usb copy is faster?

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
hi, anybody tried using rapidshare premium account for e-downloader? i cant make it work, pagka paste ko nung links ida-download nya 34Kb lang, hindi nya ma-dl ng buo yung file.

patulong po

thanks

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593

the usb copy is faster?

i have a gigabit ethernet switch connecting my eTrayz and TVIX - result is flawless playback of 1080p movies ... i do not have info however on how fast the transfer rate since i'm doing file transfer usually from my PC which is on wireless-N to eTrayz and TVIX ... for wireless-N, max speed that i'm getting is 3.2MBps (25.6 Mbps)

Theoretically, the max speed of Gigabit Ethernet is 1,000 Mbps, while USB 2.0 is 480 Mbps
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
Sir Raptor can you help with how to link my TVIX with the etrayz?  I saw this one in the forum but I don't know where and how I can do this:

Sir I don't know what a putty is..Is this similar to DOS? How do you logon to the root?

By the way, I tried wired videostreaming of M2TS 40gb file and 1080p mkv files from my den to bedroom.  I tried this with the Xtreamer and mede8er and both showed stuttering of the large M2TS files using NET  but with the xtreamer using ETRAYZ NO PROBLEM whatsoever. Just don't know why this happened with NET but all in all I'm  VERY HAPPY with the streaming using the XTREAMER ETRAYZ network.  Thanks to Sir Eric for the inputs.  IMO, this machine has already answered my problems with regards to videostreaming for my bedroom.

I also tried its downloading feature using etorrent, I can't find the download speed feature but I think it's fast. 

Sir, i just saw this post today ...putty is a terminal emulator ... it's a free application that you can download over the Internet ... once installed, a terminal window will open prompting you to input the ip address (address of eTrayz) of the host you want to connect to via ssh (this is a secure connection), and the login name and password (login: root / password: the password that you defined in the sysadm account) .... hope this helps
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Anybody here using PCH A110 as NMT and getting data from eTrayz wirelessly?  What is the best wireless USB dongle ba for PCH A110?  Medyo malayo kasi ang NMT from the router for a wired setup kaya option ko is wireless na lang..  :( :(
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2010 at 01:39 PM by oReOsHaKe »

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Sir raptor thanks!  I'll try it later

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
Anybody here using PCH A110 as NMT and getting data from eTrayz wirelessly?  What is the best wireless USB dongle ba for PCH A110?  Medyo malayo kasi ang NMT from the router for a wired setup kaya option ko is wireless na lang..  :( :(

There's only 1 known Wifi dongle for the A-110 called the TPLink 821N.

Works well enough for 720p. 1080p malabo... the processor of the A-110 isn't fast enough kaya even the USB ports just don't get the data fast enough.

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
I'm using a 100Mbit router and it is very slow for me(need to upgrade to a Gigabit router ;D ). I also used the USB copy and for me its faster via network copy.

Now, this is weird. Are you using any wireless connection from your PC to eTrayz?  Network copy should always be faster than via USB, unless your using wireless connection.