Author Topic: Xtreamer eTRAYz - Full NAS, Web Server, Downloading, Sharing and much more  (Read 142853 times)

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
Puwede ba selective scheduled backup of a folder from the eTrayz to an external HDD attached to it and vice versa?
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Regarding: Unrar-ing files on Etrayz...

Why is it I get error messages (access is denied) when unrar-ing files I downloaded on my etrayz.  When I transfer that file on my PC, and unrar, there is no problem..  >:( >:(
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2010 at 07:51 PM by oReOsHaKe »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline gunblade977

• Trade Count: (+64)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
Now, this is weird. Are you using any wireless connection from your PC to eTrayz?  Network copy should always be faster than via USB, unless your using wireless connection.
Nope, no other connections to the router except my HTPC and the etrayz. Do note that 100mbit pa rin ang router ko, I think USB goes around 480Mbps.

Regarding: Unrar-ing files on Etrayz...

Why is it I get error messages (access is denied) when unrar-ing files I downloaded on my etrayz.  When I transfer that file on my PC, and unrar, there is no problem..  >:( >:(
This might be folder permissions doc, you might not have write permissions on that folder. Also note that its really slow to un-rar those 4GB files. It usually takes 25-30 minutes for me to unrar everything. I am still in the process of finding a unrar utility thats built in to the etrayz/linux.

Offline natosan

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Has anybody tried to connect an IP camera to Etrayz? Is it easy to configure?

Long term wise (3-5 years), do you think 2 bays is enough?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1

i want to know this myself. what ever happened to the xtreamer guys launching their own ip camera?

with all media today being turned into digital files, i doubt 4tb will last 3-5 years. i have two 1.5 tb installed. barely 1 month use and i already consumed 1 tb. unless you are the erasing type of guy.

:)

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:

i want to know this myself. what ever happened to the xtreamer guys launching their own ip camera?

with all media today being turned into digital files, i doubt 4tb will last 3-5 years. i have two 1.5 tb installed. barely 1 month use and i already consumed 1 tb. unless you are the erasing type of guy.

that's why i'm having second thoughts on etrayz though the ip camera could be the clincher for now. i haven't found a nas with 4 bays na affordable so far.

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
mukhang nawala na nga yung IP camera ng xtreamer :( hinihintay hintay ko pa naman yun.
Meron ata nakapaglagay ng 3rd party IP camera sa etrayz based sa forum ng xtreamer pero parang nose bleed yung procedure kung papano ;D

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
sorry for my ignorance but pwede kaya third party app gamitin for the ip camera?

tempted nga sa synology 210j kaya lang medyo mahal dito at 17.8T, sa u.s. amazon around 11T lang. ganda nga mga software na kasama...

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:

Hi! At the rate you're going, even 4 bays won't be enough in 4 months!   :D

I don't know if there's going to be anything special about Xtreamer cameras. I know that AXIS-compatible cameras will work with whatever software they'll be releasing for use on the e-TRAYz.  No need to wait for Xtreamer.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
sorry for my ignorance but pwede kaya third party app gamitin for the ip camera?

tempted nga sa synology 210j kaya lang medyo mahal dito at 17.8T, sa u.s. amazon around 11T lang. ganda nga mga software na kasama...

I believe third-party apps should work. 

How many cameras are supported by the basic software license of the Synology 210J?

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
e-TRAYz Promotion coming soon
« Reply #190 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 10:43 AM »
It's about time that we do an e-TRAYz promotion.

Keep an eye out for it!

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: e-TRAYz Promotion coming soon
« Reply #191 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 10:46 AM »
It's about time that we do an e-TRAYz promotion.

Keep an eye out for it!

May promo ka pa ba sa HDD 1.5TB..  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Re: e-TRAYz Promotion coming soon
« Reply #192 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 10:55 AM »
May promo ka pa ba sa HDD 1.5TB..  ;D ;D ;D

Nope - I only package hard drives with the Xtreamer or HDX equipment.  When a promo
comes up, the HDD's are sometimes sold below cost.  If you happen to be looking for a
NAS or a player, grab the opportunity when available!

Hard drives are available at every corner at bargain prices. If you do your homework
and shop around, you can get excellent deals.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010 at 11:01 AM by Bitstream »

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
I believe third-party apps should work. 

How many cameras are supported by the basic software license of the Synology 210J?

One camera lang ata. One has to buy another license for up to 4 cameras.

Looking forward on your upcoming etrayz promo.

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
One camera lang ata. One has to buy another license for up to 4 cameras.

Looking forward on your upcoming etrayz promo.

I'm working on it!

Buyers will have to be quick though... on top of the promo, there will
be an "early-bird special" on top of it.

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2010 at 11:18 AM by Bitstream »

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
if it's not too much to ask sir eric, pa pm or text 09228780675 once you've launched the promo. thanks!

Offline Bitstream

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Xtreamer e-TRAYz "Free This 'n That Promo"
« Reply #196 on: Mar 27, 2010 at 01:25 PM »
Please check out the new promo in the PDVD Marketplace.

Here's the link:
http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=111809.0

Online comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
To Etrayz gurus,

What is the correct way to add a new hard disk(blank) into HDD B in linear mode that does not remove the contents of HDD A?  I've read in the manual on page 30 that changing the raid mode from linear to raid 1 to linear will delete all files overall.  Can I use ADD a new Hard Disk(using as external disk) for HDD B (page 31 of manual) to preserve the contents of HDD A? Hope to hear from any of you guys.

Has anyone tried other media players other than Xtreamer and TVIX 6500 that does not stutter when connected to the etrayz via LAN(using NETSHARES or NET)?  I tried na kasi mede8er pero it stuttered when I used NETSHARES.  Kasi I'm thinking of adding another player that is compatible with the Etrayz.  Kung wala, I'll just buy another xtreamer.

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

Has anyone tried other media players other than Xtreamer and TVIX 6500 that does not stutter when connected to the etrayz via LAN(using NETSHARES or NET)?  I tried na kasi mede8er pero it stuttered when I used NETSHARES.  Kasi I'm thinking of adding another player that is compatible with the Etrayz.  Kung wala, I'll just buy another xtreamer.

im using m34a, so far so good, never experienced any stutter......

Online comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
 Good to hear that sir.  Sir any comment on my adding a hard drive query?

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Hi! Sir,
I made a 2300 deposit to your Metrobank Davao Br. account.Scan deposit slip emailed. Thanks!

Online comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
To Etrayz gurus,

What is the correct way to add a new hard disk(blank) into HDD B in linear mode that does not remove the contents of HDD A?  I've read in the manual on page 30 that changing the raid mode from linear to raid 1 to linear will delete all files overall.  Can I use ADD a new Hard Disk(using as external disk) for HDD B (page 31 of manual) to preserve the contents of HDD A? Hope to hear from any of you guys.

Up ko lang ang query ko.

Offline looks

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
ask ko lang kung pwedeng mapalitan ang workgoup ng etrayz?

Offline natosan

• Collector
  • Liked:
got my etrayz yesterday. unfortunately, during installation had some issues with my router so i restarted the installation. when i did, it didn't accept my installation key anymore. asked bitstream about it and he advised me to check the support forum. apparently this issue happened to several buyers. now i'll be sending the sys admin for a new installation key. well i hope he replies quickly.

this is really frustrating. what's the point in printing the installation key at the bottom of the unit if you can only use it once! what if you buy a windows software and you can only use the license key once. if you somehow mess up your installation or want to re-install, then you have to search for someone who can give you a new key. >:( really unbelievable!

Online comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
In my case Sir Natosan I was able to use my installation key twice. Did you try doing the boot initialization sir?
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2010 at 11:50 AM by comet »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
In my case Sir Natosan I was able to use my installation key twice. Did you try doing the boot initialization sir?

hi john. na install mo na 2nd hdd mo?  I bought another WD 1.5tb at amazon for only 4k.. sale yesterday.. including shipping lalabas 4.5k lang..  ;D ;D ;D

Online comet

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
Hindi pa nga Jun eh,  Mura yan ah!

Offline gunblade977

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
ask ko lang kung pwedeng mapalitan ang workgoup ng etrayz?

puede sir under Settings->Service->CIFS

Offline seymorebutts

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
hi john. na install mo na 2nd hdd mo?  I bought another WD 1.5tb at amazon for only 4k.. sale yesterday.. including shipping lalabas 4.5k lang..  ;D ;D ;D

shipping to pinas or us lang din sir?

sorry ot

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
shipping to pinas or us lang din sir?

sorry ot

all in to PHIL..  ;D ;D