Author Topic: Xtreamer eTRAYz - Full NAS, Web Server, Downloading, Sharing and much more  (Read 143033 times)

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 264
You may want to disable the DHCP settings of your modem then clone its MAC address on your router.  ravel is right in saying that your modem's NAT is actually turned on and is behaving like a router.

You might want to try calling PLDT tech support just to see if they actually can help you do this.  You can always claim that you host files on your local home network that you need for work and that the modem settings are preventing you from being able to get access.

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
sir, i'm reaching the PLDT DSL modem console when i only type the url without the port 8080 ":8080" ... i'm only getting an error page when i include the port

ah ok. so its just using port 80 (http port) for the dsl modem admin.  in any case, since it is indeed acting a router, all traffic destined to that public ip address will be terminated to the dsl modem unless you can do port forwarding din on the dsl modem/router.  If you can disable the routing function of the dsl modem, acting as a bridge, you should be good. pero if they have mac-address filtering nga, as Verbl Kint mentioned, clone the mac-address of the dsl modem and use that on your wifi router.

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
Sir Verbl Kint and ravel ... thanks for the advices, i'll check on this tonight
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
no luck ... cloning the mac address of the modem disables my Internet access ... same with disabling the routing function and enabling bridging on the modem ...looks like i need PLDT's help on this

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
Your modem doesn't allow ethernet bridge mode.

What you want is a modem that just sends "bridges" the real IP address PLDT provides to your wifi router.

It's your Wifi router that should handle authentication, DHCP, DynDNS and port forwarding.

I have 3 extra PLDT myDSL modems here sa office ko (that support bridge mode), I can give you one free of charge just to help you out. Basta here's what you need to know;

VPI/VCI: 0/100 for myDSL

You need to retrieve your circuit number because that's your myDSL username. It should be on your PLDT bill what your circuit number is for your DSL line. Your password then is {circuitnumber}@pldt.

There is a way to hack into the dareglobal... you have to telnet into it but if you don't know linux, medyo nosebleed and I can't instruct you how to do it easily.

Offline Beefy

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Which features on your NAS are you particularly interested in accessing remotely?

If you want access to your  files, try checking if you can connect to the ftp server if it has one. It uses a different port if you think your ISP/Modem is blocking port 80.

« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2010 at 01:29 AM by Beefy »

Offline ravel

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:

What you want is a modem that just sends "bridges" the real IP address PLDT provides to your wifi router.

It's your Wifi router that should handle authentication, DHCP, DynDNS and port forwarding.

I have 3 extra PLDT myDSL modems here sa office ko (that support bridge mode), I can give you one free of charge just to help you out. Basta here's what you need to know;

You need to retrieve your circuit number because that's your myDSL username. It should be on your PLDT bill what your circuit number is for your DSL line. Your password then is {circuitnumber}@pldt.

There is a way to hack into the dareglobal... you have to telnet into it but if you don't know linux, medyo nosebleed and I can't instruct you how to do it easily.

Sir scifi-fan's offer is a good option :) You may want to try it out.  Btw, sir scifi-fan, shouldn't the {circuitnumber}@pldt be the username, not the password?

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Yes... you're right about the username/password.

Basta the offer stands. I can have it available by Monday coz' I'll be on a company outing this weekend.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:

Sir, if you can give me the linux instructions it should be ok ... i've got a lot of experience administering different variants of unix and linux

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
You can try these instructions;

http://dataone.kimom.com/setting-up-port-forwarding-on-the-dareglobal-db108-adsl-router.html

This addresses how to get port forwarding done. Still cumbersome IMHO compared to just setting up the DSL model to act in bridge mode but at least you can be up and running.

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:

http://dataone.kimom.com/setting-up-port-forwarding-on-the-dareglobal-db108-adsl-router.html

This addresses how to get port forwarding done. Still cumbersome IMHO compared to just setting up the DSL model to act in bridge mode but at least you can be up and running.

sir, thanks for the modem offer ... i also would like to take that offer, but i'll also be out of town, returning on Sunday afternoon ... i'll try to hack-in to the system using instructions on the link baka mapa-work ko this Sunday ... if not, i'll take your offer on the modem ... i was actually planning to ask PLDT to have my modem replaced, since based on the other forums i researched, the other DSL modem that PLDT provides do not issues with port forwarding

Offline wijo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hello,

Newbie here. Just ordered xtreamer pro together with eTrayz yesterday.
After reading on this thread, i didn't realize it would take a bit of trouble setting it up.
Hope i wouldn't get any when i get my hands on mine.
It's good there are people here who could help.

Till my unit comes... ;-)

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:

Sir, thanks a lot for this link ... i finally got the Internet accessibility of my eTrayz working ... setup was quite straightforward and easy if you can telnet on the DSL modem/router - can setup port forwarding and/or dmz once i got access.

big big thanks guys :)

Offline raptor

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
Hello,

Newbie here. Just ordered xtreamer pro together with eTrayz yesterday.
After reading on this thread, i didn't realize it would take a bit of trouble setting it up.
Hope i wouldn't get any when i get my hands on mine.
It's good there are people here who could help.

Till my unit comes... ;-)

sir, where did you order Xtreamer Pro?

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Sir, thanks a lot for this link ... i finally got the Internet accessibility of my eTrayz working ... setup was quite straightforward and easy if you can telnet on the DSL modem/router - can setup port forwarding and/or dmz once i got access.

big big thanks guys :)

Good thing your got it working... I was also out of town and just got back :)

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9

Available na sa Amazon...
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline wijo

• Apprentice
  • Liked:

@raptor:
i ordered online from their website.

Offline Bitstream

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
Tip on uploading FW updates to e-TRAYz
« Reply #257 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 02:49 PM »
If you plan to upload then execute FW updates to your e-TRAYz, (e.g. Ver 1.0.3 or Ver 1.0.4  .bin files), you may find that yourself unable to upload the firmware in the first place. 

If your web browser is Firefox, try using Internet Explorer (this works for me) or Google Chrome.  You should be able to send the update through using one or the other.

I'm not sure whether this glitch is due to a Windows 7 or a browser issue.  Whatever the cause - being forewarned will save you a lot of time during setup/upgrade of your e-TRAYz.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
Anyone here accidentally erased their HDD when using the eTRAYz?  How did you revive the HDD to be recognized by NMTs?

Ive been working on an HDD that went through that (not mine) but I can only make it recognizable by PC even with a full format (2x already).   It wont initialize at all when connected to NMTs.  I have already consulted with the HDD maker but since the unit is fully recognizable through PC (their test rig) and actually works well for file management (copied to the brim 2x already) and playback via PC, the HDD maker wont comment on this issue (wont take responsibility for it).

Thanks!   

Offline raman

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi guys,

My Etrayz just stopped working.  Not sure what happened.  I just left it on to download torrents for four hours and now I can't access it. 

My problem I think is the system is not booting up.  The HDD A indicator(red) is not turning on.  Only the power (green) and network (blue) lights are turned on.

I tried restarting the system for several times, and even removed the HDD to diagnose.  But the indicator lights are still the same (usually without HDD the red indicator flashes on and off).  Any help guys?  Before I send it back to Bitstream for repair.

Thanks guys! :)

Offline batanglambak

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
anybody tried this setup? etrayz connected via lan to router ... then connect xtreamer wirelessly via wifi dongle ... kumusta playback ng mkv movies? 720p and 1080p ... thanks ... :)
Samsung UA55KU6000
Onkyo TX-SR343
Atlantic Technology System 250.1

Offline agmjr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
sir,
patulong po. just got an etrayz for my house and i want to access it to my office. been trying to follow the basic set-up but still unable to browse using my nominated ddns.  my router is wrt54g and i am using smart bro as internet connection.  any help will be appreciated. ty po

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
just finished installing the new 1.05 etrayz software. hopefully it resolves some of the problems encountered.

Offline pinggwams

• Apprentice
  • idol ko c cabugs!
  • Liked:
isn't smart bro on a general WAN ip like you are actually sharing an IP with all subscribers in your immediate area?

Offline batanglambak

• Collector
  • Liked:
hope you guys can help me ... i have already installed the software for etrayz ... was able to transfer my files to the server ... problem is .. when i turn off the etrayz and turn it back on, the usb light keeps on blinking (meaning the software is installing or not installed) ... i'm sure i installed the software completely as i was able to go to the wizard that setup the password, mail, ddns, etc ... what do you think is the problem?

i can't access the etrayz on my network, can't log-in ... the only way for me to access it again is by installing the software again ... :(

EDIT: found fix

i swapped my hard disk from slot a to slot b ... everything's fine ... although i'm not sure what will happen when i buy and install another hard disk ... :?
« Last Edit: Jun 07, 2010 at 05:43 PM by batanglambak »
Samsung UA55KU6000
Onkyo TX-SR343
Atlantic Technology System 250.1

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
just finished installing the new 1.05 etrayz software. hopefully it resolves some of the problems encountered.

how is it? is it stable sir?

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
how is it? is it stable sir?

It's stable but I don't really see the improvement when it comes to accessing from the xtreamer.  But the etrayz connector and the web interface is more stable.
« Last Edit: Jun 12, 2010 at 11:20 PM by daigoro »

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
I think the problem between the Etrayz and Xtreamer playback through wired lan is with the xtreamer. I played a movie using my pc connected to the etrayz through the same router where my xtreamer is also connected and i didn't experience the stuttering or stopped playback that makes my xtreamer from etrayz always encounter.

Offline comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Sir Daigoro are you using the Network shares folder in the menu of your Xtreamer?  Coz I experience stuttering when I use the network shares, but when I use the ETRAYZ folder from the menu, no stuttering occurs.

Offline trigo

• Collector
  • Liked:
i am having issues with wifi plugged at xtreamer v2.2, a WDS window appears and wants me to confirm even if i didnt enable WDS.  tried a diff wifi usb and no problem.  will upgrade to v2.3.1 and see if it disappears.