Author Topic: Why I Like my NMT  (Read 1699 times)

Offline andlisten

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Go ahead funk
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Why I Like my NMT
« on: Nov 11, 2009 at 12:59 PM »
There are lots of NMTs today there are reasons to keep one. Previously I owned WDTV1 now HDPro. I was tempted to get xtreamer and wdtv live when they released recently but I  realized that I only wanted the following that decided to stick with my HDPro :
1. Has internal 3.5 hard disk and can handle my 1.5 TB
2. Control buttons in the unit. You can still use it in case of remote malfunction or you lost  most NMTs has no control button.
3. Good Picture Quality And zooming functions that PQ will not suffer
4. DTS Down mix
5. Fast loading
6. Can play most of my mkv movies
7. Can read iso with menu options
8. Can connect to network & dowload torrents
9. Affordable price
10.Technical assistance (from spike) and firmware support

Im not particular to GUI and other  juke box features what is important for me is I  canwatched  and finished the movies without any problems. Maybe you can share yours  ;)  
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2009 at 01:11 PM by andlisten »

Offline Bluebeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Why I Like my NMT
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 01:13 PM »
There are lots of NMTs today there are reasons to keep one. Previously I owned WDTV1 now HDPro. I was tempted to get xtreamer and wdtv live when they released recently but I  realized that I only wanted the following that decided to stick with my HDPro :
1. Has internal 3.5 hard disk and can handle my 1.5 TB
2. Control buttons in the unit. You can still use it in case of remote malfunction or you lost  most NMTs has no control button.
3. Good Picture Quality And zooming functions that PQ will not suffer
4. DTS Down mix
5. Fast loading
6. Can play most of my mkv movies
7. Can read iso with menu options
8. Can connect to network & dowload torrents
9. Affordable price
10.Technical assistance (from spike) and firmware support

Im not particular to GUI and other  juke box features what is important for me is I  canwatched  and finished the movies without any problems. Maybe you can share yours  ;)  

Me too plus HDpro's file copy/move/function!  ;D

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 02:51 PM »
Maybe you can share yours  ;)  

Mine is a WDTV.

I like it because I prefer cheap and simple.  I use it only for avi. 

Offline andlisten

• Collector
  • Go ahead funk
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 03:21 PM »

Mine is a WDTV.

I like it because I prefer cheap and simple.  I use it only for avi. 

agree and remote is so simple even kids and wifey can use it easily :)

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2009 at 03:38 PM »
I have HDPro and like it because:

1. It can accomodate a 3.5 internal HD
2. Fast response when navigating thru menus
3. "Many" button remote control, instant function access/dedicated buttons
4. Can play most my media files.

The only thing I don't like about it now is Font size(too big) and the inability to share USB drives attached to it in the NETWORK. (I hope the next FW will be capable of this)

I also have Xtreamer and like it because:

1. Easy to lug around(small form factor)
2. Can accomodate 2.5 laptop drives
3. Nice and responsive UI (Longer Title display)
4. Dedicated button for enabling/disabling Preview
5. EASY TO SHARE IN NETWORK (even the usb drives attached to it/and its not dependent on any workgroup in the network, the shared drives are automatically seen the My Network Places like a simple folder share)
6. Zooming is not by preset sizes. You can resize it in any size that suits your display and move it around also.
7. Support is nice, and has independent people working on some Custom FW for additional features.
8. Internet Radio and Youtube etc. access

I intended this second media player to be in our bedroom, and the HDPro in the living room but I cannot share my external HD on HDPro so I'm forced to switch their places.

The only thing I dont like about XT so far is the lack of dedicated button for ASPECT ratio which the HDPro now have.

« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2009 at 03:39 PM by Tempter »
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2009 at 01:35 PM »
Why I like my NMT is best described in details on the review that I posted in the following link -

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=88423.0

To sum it up, the platform is very stable, 100% of the media files i've thrown into it works (meaning what works on my PC works on my NMT, including full Blu-ray ISOs with menus and trueHD audio), features are made available usually ahead of other NMTs (such as DTS downmixing which was available more than a year ago, gigabit Ethernet, background music during picture slideshow, music playlist and shuffle play, VFD display that allows for music selection without turning-on the tv, lossless audio support, NTFS native format for internal and external HDD, and others).

Others may find it too expensive, but price is very much justified, and I wouldn't exchange my year-old TVIX M6500 with 2 or 3 units of the newer NMTs - not unless the other NMT is TVIX M7000 or M6600  ;D
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline ivannn

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2009 at 02:28 PM »
you don't have to stand up to replace the dvd from the player everytime you finish a movie. you can sit in your comfy chair with beer and enjoy hours and hours of movie watching.

Offline leftover

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2009 at 05:03 PM »
ako naman, feeling ko techie guy ako lalo na pag nakikita ng mga friends ko na nakakapanood ako without dvd player and the likes, may nagtanong nga, " Nasaan yung player mo, bakit walang dvd disc?!" sagot ko, built-in na sa lcd tv kaya mahal yan,  ;D ;D ;D

kidding aside, what i like is the absence of large containers for discs if you really want to collect movies, and the portability of bringing it anywhere.