Author Topic: help needed...  (Read 971 times)

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
help needed...
« on: Nov 17, 2009 at 09:59 AM »
good day peeps!

my cd player does not seem to read/recognize my cds. i am sure there is no issue with regard to my cd because i was trying to play original discs.

could it have something to do with the lens?

Thanks in advance...:)
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: help needed...
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 01:08 AM »
First off, what CDP brand and model is it? THis way you can be directed to distributors/dealers or anyone with experience servicing the particular CDP (in case it's too old to spend for or even be serviced by the distributor's service center).

Second, in case it's not sealed for warranty anymore, did you open the case? Check first if the disc is spinning normally then stops. That means it's most likely the laser and not the mechanical parts.

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
Re: help needed...
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18, 2009 at 10:43 AM »
First off, what CDP brand and model is it? THis way you can be directed to distributors/dealers or anyone with experience servicing the particular CDP (in case it's too old to spend for or even be serviced by the distributor's service center).

Second, in case it's not sealed for warranty anymore, did you open the case? Check first if the disc is spinning normally then stops. That means it's most likely the laser and not the mechanical parts.

it's a harman kardon, sir (carousel type). second owner na ako, it's an old model na so it's definitely out of warranty. i did not open the case, i don't want to tinker with it, baka kasi di ko maibalik. :)
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......