Author Topic: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!  (Read 204893 times)

Offline jcads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!
« Reply #120 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 04:42 PM »
Mga Sirs, how do you check the F/W version?

Insert a Flash Disk on the USB port then hit the Menu Button on the remote. On the Menu selection screen highlight the OPTION menu then press the number "7" on the remote seven times.
« Last Edit: Dec 17, 2009 at 04:45 PM by jcads »

Offline E-reply

• Trade Count: (+248)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mobile: 0917-5413491
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 07:56 PM »
Great! I'm dead set with this unit now. I hope you can give me a good deal. LG 32LH70, Htib and probably an xtreamer.

By the way, last year I got my 32lx80 from sights and sounds and it was a good experience (and I got a really good deal also) and i'm sure my next purchase will be as well.

Just come to the shop. We'll see what I can do.  :)

Offline boddah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #122 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 08:00 PM »
fan boy here ;D

just got mine at remal sales. 28.5K, free wall bracket and free delivery.

can you guys share your settings, for TV viewing and media :D

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 09:26 PM »
Hi icarusf3ll, lawin & vx2,

May I know what are your "Picture Mode" settings when the said issue occurred. And which of the inputs did you encounter them in. Do note that a different "Picture Mode" can be assigned for each input.

I just need to get your confirmation on the bug/annoyance that we have discovered. This is our finding, after several hours of testing at home and at the appliance store (w/ LG salesman). I had brought my own TV unit back to the store. Only to bring it back home, since all units are likely to exhibit the same issue. This should save you the trouble/hassle of bringing your units back for replacement.

Please advise.

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 11:38 PM »
hi ppoooh, mine was in standard (user) and expert1 when it occurred. i turned it off with the input still in av2.

yes, it's really a hassle having to bring it back to the store as it's a minor gripe, all in all i'm pretty happy with it... were any of you guys able to verify the sharpness setting issue with expert1/2? again, just set the v and h sharpness to a very high value like 95, switch to a different picture mode and then back to expert1/2 and see if the picture becomes soft. if you encounter this then i will assume it's a firmware bug and just learn to live with it:]

Offline jcads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Dec 17, 2009 at 11:55 PM »
Seriously and sorry to say but I cannot fully understand what you guys are trying to explain regarding the bug/issue regarding our precious 32LH70yr. Can you please try to explain it in more detail and to the level that everyone (Newbie/Amateur/Expert) can easily understand.

Thank You Very Much ^__^

Offline lgfan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 06:25 AM »
2. h and v sharpness settings don't work in expert1/2. i only noticed this today and would appreciate if anyone can confirm: set h and v sharpness to 95 so that the picture is obviously sharpened, then change to a different mode and then back to expert. in my case, the settings are correctly saved as 95, but the picture look soft. the only way for the sharpness to take effect is to adjust it again (either up or down).

Last night, I tried to adjust H and V Sharpness, but I couldn't discern any difference.  Perhaps it's because I did it while on TV input (continuously changing screens).  Perhaps it's my eyesight, or both.

This morning, I did it while the news was showing updates with some text, and I managed to detect the sharpness indeed going up.  And you're right, once you go out of Expert mode and go back, the sharpness resets even though it retained the settings.  Once you touch the settings, though, it jumps right back to where it should be (95, 100, or whatever the setting was when you first adjusted it).

Re: Manufacturing Date--
There's a sticker at the back that says so.  In fact, all the LG LCD TV's I've seen displayed in SM Pamp. and Robinsons Starmills have such stickers.
And, by sticker at the back, I meant, the SERIAL NUMBER sticker itself, the largest one pala!  :D

8)
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010 at 04:16 PM by lgfan »

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 09:13 AM »
Seriously and sorry to say but I cannot fully understand what you guys are trying to explain regarding the bug/issue regarding our precious 32LH70yr. Can you please try to explain it in more detail and to the level that everyone (Newbie/Amateur/Expert) can easily understand.

Thank You Very Much ^__^

Will explain later. Am still gathering info from others who have experienced the same issue and to come up with a solid conclusion. That way, we could have our units replaced at the earliest time possible if needed.

Tnx for your understanding.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 09:17 AM »
hi ppoooh, mine was in standard (user) and expert1 when it occurred. i turned it off with the input still in av2.

yes, it's really a hassle having to bring it back to the store as it's a minor gripe, all in all i'm pretty happy with it... were any of you guys able to verify the sharpness setting issue with expert1/2? again, just set the v and h sharpness to a very high value like 95, switch to a different picture mode and then back to expert1/2 and see if the picture becomes soft. if you encounter this then i will assume it's a firmware bug and just learn to live with it:]

I wasn't able to replicate the issue on Standard and Expert1 picture mode settings on HDMI1. What I have encountered is on Natural and Sports picture mode settings on HDMI1. I have encountered this on a new unit brought out by the LG salesman.

Might be different picture modes on different inputs. Can you try changing to other pictures modes on AV2 whether no such issue would occur?

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 11:23 AM »
I wasn't able to replicate the issue on Standard and Expert1 picture mode settings on HDMI1. What I have encountered is on Natural and Sports picture mode settings on HDMI1. I have encountered this on a new unit brought out by the LG salesman.

Might be different picture modes on different inputs. Can you try changing to other pictures modes on AV2 whether no such issue would occur?
i'll try out other modes later when i get home. can you list the exact steps you did to replicate it? like, did you turn off the source or the tv first? i'd been more careful and now wait for the no input message before turning the tv off so i haven't encountered the problem since.

Last night, I tried to adjust H and V Sharpness, but I couldn't discern any difference.  Perhaps it's because I did it while on TV input (continuously changing screens).  Perhaps it's my eyesight, or both.
yes, it's hard to see it on the tv input and was more obvious with the ps2 source in my case.

This morning, I did it while the news was showing updates with some text, and I managed to detect the sharpness indeed going up.  And you're right, once you go out of Expert mode and go back, the sharpness resets even though it retained the settings.  Once you touch the settings, though, it jumps right back to where it should be (95, 100, or whatever the setting was when you first adjusted it).
great! thank you so much for taking the time to try it out. it's pretty lame that they boast of the expert control feature and yet it doesn't even work properly. last night, i found a variation of the bug.. i copied the settings from this thread by a certain typhoon859 from the avs forum:

http://www.highdefjunkies.com/showthread.php?s=50a603999897844c11b5909fd037314e&t=1819&page=28

the settings were a little too green for my taste so i adjusted the red, green and blue brightness settings to be about the same at around 15. at this point, the PQ was great and appeared more natural to me. but when i tried to adjust the brightness either up or down the picture turned dark as if it reverted to the default settings. the only way for the settings to take effect was to go back to the expert control and adjust any of the rgb contrast settings. it's not as annoying as the h/v sharpness bug as that gets lost by changing inputs or turning off the tv.

so it looks like lg didn't have time to qa this feature all too well. it'd be nice if they can give us a firmware update for this. would it help to have our unit registered at ph.lgservice.com/ site?

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 02:24 PM »
i'll try out other modes later when i get home. can you list the exact steps you did to replicate it? like, did you turn off the source or the tv first? i'd been more careful and now wait for the no input message before turning the tv off so i haven't encountered the problem since.

What I did to make sure that I started with a clean slate, was to do an "Intial Reset" as if it just came out of the box. I believe this is in the "Options" menu. Good thing is that I haven't connected to cable service yet, thus no channel programming was previously done. As this procedure will erase all of those programming.

Set to "Home Use" mode, and everything should be in default for a usual customer. In this case the picture mode setting will all be defaulted to "Vivid" for all inputs (I suppose). Then and only then, change the picture mode setting, and nothing else. Do not adjust the individual parameters like brightness, contrast, etc. I don't know if changing these on the default picture mode setting has any bearing on the issue. I did try on the various picture modes to see which ones would result in the said issue. This is what I did at the appliance store. Did encounter the said issue on "Natural" and "Sports" picture modes.

At home, I have only tested on "Natural" picture mode setting as this is the one I am currently using. As I am not aware that this might be causing the said issue at that time. Haven't tried on the other picture modes yet as my unit is still in the box which I brought to the store yesterday evening. I will be setting up my TV right after this posting.

So the next procedure is with both the source/player (I have tried both WDTV HD Media Player and an LG HT554TM HTIB) connected to the HDMI1 input and the LCD TV turned on. Power off the source/player first. The TV would then show HDMI1 input message at the upper right hand corner. Blinking a few times and then off for a brief moment. And then another set of blinking HDMI1 message the 2nd time around, then totally off. There will be no "No Signal" message appearing on the screen. And this is the symptom of the issue that I had. Any presses from the remote would not show up anything on the screen, except for the "Power Off/On" button.

At this stage, if you power off the TV and power it on again (w/o powering on your source/player), the HDMI1 message will do the blinking sequence twice as described above, again. And the remote would appear not to function as well. So the only way to recover from this is to power on your source/player either before powering on the TV or at this stage (after the TV had been powered on), the TV screen will then show up. And you can now see the responses from your remote presses.

Whenever you encounter this 2 sequences of blinking of the input source message, the "no Signal" message will not appear anymore. Thus this is the annoying issue that I (or we) have been encountering. I suppose this might be the same as yours.

Do note that I have version 3.15 firmware. Might be the same issue as yours if you do have the same version.

The only time I didn't encounter the above annoying issue is when I selected other picture modes, other than "Normal" and "Sports". In those other cases, the HDMI1 input message will only blink for 1 set of sequence. And then the "No Signal" message would appear. The normal case is just 1 set/sequence of blinking.

Do let me know what you will find out. I believe raising this issue to LG for firmware update would come in later, after we do our confirmations.

For others who would be able to do this procedure, please provide us with your findings as well.

While this issue have not been resolved yet, it is always better to power off your TV first before powering off any attached devices/players to the inputs. Hope that this helps for all owners.

And by the way, other than this annoyance, I do still love the experience of watching HD on this TV. And I still prefer watching on this 32" model than on the same 42" model. Have tried watching using the same source 1080p movie and the same HD player in both cases. I couldn't see the picture quality on the 42" model (at 8ft viewing distance) to be as sharp as that on this 32" unit (at 5ft viewing distance).

Offline vx2

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 03:10 PM »
My unit only exhibited the blinking problem for a month or so. After which, like a week or two ago, nada. Hell if I know why.  ;D

Offline lgfan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 03:42 PM »
To those with FW 3.15:

Have you tried the hack that lets your TV play MKV files?  :D

8)
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010 at 04:13 PM by lgfan »

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 04:27 PM »
To those with FW 3.15:

Have you tried the hack that lets your TV play MKV files?  :D

for me no, i'm afraid it would void the warranty. plus i don't have mkv files anyway:]

to ppoooh, thanks for the instructions. will update with results asap.

Offline lgfan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 05:16 PM »
for me no, i'm afraid it would void the warranty. plus i don't have mkv files anyway:]

to ppoooh, thanks for the instructions. will update with results asap.
But have you thought about testing if the Tool Option 3 would appear (without changing it and voiding the warranty, of course)?  :D

8)
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2010 at 04:11 PM by lgfan »

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 06:43 PM »

http://www.highdefjunkies.com/showthread.php?s=50a603999897844c11b5909fd037314e&t=1819&page=28

the settings were a little too green for my taste so i adjusted the red, green and blue brightness settings to be about the same at around 15. at this point, the PQ was great and appeared more natural to me. but when i tried to adjust the brightness either up or down the picture turned dark as if it reverted to the default settings. the only way for the settings to take effect was to go back to the expert control and adjust any of the rgb contrast settings. it's not as annoying as the h/v sharpness bug as that gets lost by changing inputs or turning off the tv.

so it looks like lg didn't have time to qa this feature all too well. it'd be nice if they can give us a firmware update for this. would it help to have our unit registered at ph.lgservice.com/ site?

I just tried this and I am impressed, the colors look nice. However, when I try to switch to another Picture setting and then go back to expert 1, it becomes all washed out. I have to adjust any "brightness" again for the black levels to come back. Is that what you're saying?
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2009 at 07:26 PM by vx2 »

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 08:08 PM »
But have you thought about testing if the Tool Option 3 would appear (without changing it and voiding the warranty, of course)?  :D

With FW version 3.15, I have already tried looking into the Service Menu. There is no Tool Option 3 thou. It might be applicable to European models only. Or a different FW version.

Although I already forgot how to get into the said menu again.

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Dec 18, 2009 at 10:17 PM »
hi ppoooh, i followed your instructions on the hdmi input and confirmed the same behavior (my source is an ht554). the problem occurred with the natural and sports mode, but not on expert1 (which is my default). note that i did not do an initial reset since i've already programmed the channels. i guess the reason i never encountered this before is because i usually power on both the player and the tv at the same time. it seems this is a general issue with all of the inputs as i first ran into this on the av input.

at this point, do you think we should collectively demand a new unit or some kind of firmware update?

I just tried this and I am impressed, the colors look nice. However, when I try to switch to another Picture setting and then go back to expert 1, it becomes all washed out. I have to adjust any "brightness" again for the black levels to come back. Is that what you're saying?
yes, but it's a bit different with me. in my case, changing to a different picture mode did not cause the black level adjustments to get lost at all, only the v/h sharpness settings were lost (lgfan encountered this as well and he has fw 3.0.9). the black level adjustments were lost when i adjusted the main "brightness" (not the ones under expert control) and came back only when i adjusted any of the rgb contrast/brightness settings. there seems to be some variation with the behavior but at least confirms that the expert mode is faulty.

like what ppoooh said, there is no tool option 3 in the service menu (accessed by pressing menu on both the remote and the unit for 5 sec).

Online thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2191
« Reply #138 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 12:17 AM »
fan boy here ;D

just got mine at remal sales. 28.5K, free wall bracket and free delivery.

can you guys share your settings, for TV viewing and media :D

Free din ba pag-mount ng LCD sa wall?
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 12:20 AM »
hi ppoooh, i followed your instructions on the hdmi input and confirmed the same behavior (my source is an ht554). the problem occurred with the natural and sports mode, but not on expert1 (which is my default). note that i did not do an initial reset since i've already programmed the channels. i guess the reason i never encountered this before is because i usually power on both the player and the tv at the same time. it seems this is a general issue with all of the inputs as i first ran into this on the av input.

at this point, do you think we should collectively demand a new unit or some kind of firmware update?

In this case, replacing our units with another same 32LH70YR model will not solve the said issue. Unless there is another model that is better than what we own now. For 32", I believe this is currently the top of the line model.

The next step should be to contact LG Service Desk and request for a bug fix. This is most likely solvable with a firmware update. I have already asked the LG Salesman from the store to raise this issue on their next meeting at LG Phils. In parallel, we should be pro-active as well by requesting for a bug fix thru the right channels. LG Phils -> LG Indonesia (I guess, since this unit was manufactured in Indonesia), or LG Singapore (maybe handling Asia-Pacific). Let me know if you could find the right communication channels in LG.

I have also seen some LG Owners forum attending to owners' concerns. But then it seems like this is for Europe. Below is the link:
http://www.avforums.com/forums/lg-owners-forum/

Offline vx2

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 09:48 AM »
yes, but it's a bit different with me. in my case, changing to a different picture mode did not cause the black level adjustments to get lost at all, only the v/h sharpness settings were lost (lgfan encountered this as well and he has fw 3.0.9). the black level adjustments were lost when i adjusted the main "brightness" (not the ones under expert control) and came back only when i adjusted any of the rgb contrast/brightness settings. there seems to be some variation with the behavior but at least confirms that the expert mode is faulty.

Strange indeed. I have the 42 inch version btw. With 1 year warranty behind our backs i'm not worried, in fact i have some intermittent heavy clouding after long periods of watching and haven't contacted service yet since it's a really busy season.

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Trust in the Lord . . .
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 11:03 AM »
I contacted the LG Tech who initially called me regarding my display problem (flickering off). He said he can arrange for a LG tech to check my unit which I declined at that time since my unit was recently replaced.

I mentioned to him that I read in the internet that there are other users with same problem.  At first he told me it could just be somebody from the "competition" and not to believe it. I referred to him the pinoydvd forums and the concerns came from other users who bought the scarlet - he came back by saying he have sold some 200 units but only "3" have this issue. I then asked if its a firmware or hardware problem, to which he said that he is a "salesman" and not in technical thus he referred me to the LG Help Desk.

I think the issue is common and not from only "3" units as he claimed. There might be other users who have not reported this to LG's help desk. I believed LG is aware of the "bug" and I hope it's firmware and not hardware. I think individually or collectively we should call LG regarding this concern. Otherwise, the 1 year warranty might lapse without LG fixing the issue. At least naireport na sa kanila and kung marami nagcomplain ma-pressure sila to come-up with a fix.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 02:45 PM »
I have called up LG Phils Customer Service Desk this morning and requested for a return call by their Tech Support on the issue/bug that I would like to raise.

A while ago, I got a return call from Mr. Joel Canoy, Tech Support. As per his request, I have to send him a picture of my TV setup. I have also informed him that there are other owners experiencing the same. I will be giving him the link to this forum thru his email address. As per his request, other owners with the same issue, pls. do call him up directly also.

Contact details as follows:
Mr. Joel Canoy
Tel#: 902-5544 (thru Operator) - and do request to connect to his local
Email Address: [email protected]
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2009 at 03:05 PM by Ppoooh »

Offline jcads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 03:05 PM »
Hi I would like to ask the favor again to please explain things in further detail and to the level that even a newbie can easily understand regarding this current issue/problem regarding our 32LH70.

Thank You ^___^

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Trust in the Lord . . .
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 03:09 PM »
I also called Joel Canoy and he logged my call. He is requesting that other owners experiencing said issue to call him DIRECTLY as he is compiling all related calls. He needs at least "5" to build up the case and hopefully facilitate LG's action. He will try to simulate the problem as well.

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 10:53 PM »
I also called Joel Canoy and he logged my call. He is requesting that other owners experiencing said issue to call him DIRECTLY as he is compiling all related calls. He needs at least "5" to build up the case and hopefully facilitate LG's action. He will try to simulate the problem as well.

thanks lawin and ppoooh, i'll call him on monday. it would be a good idea to post any updates here so our actions can be coordinated somewhat. i'm more inclined to think this is a common issue on all of their units so hopefully we can find others (like vx2 and lgfan) and get them to report to Mr. Canoy as well.

i'll take pics of my setup tomorrow so i can send them to him. maybe one of us can post a video on youtube or something so that other 32lh70yr users out there wondering what the problem is can understand immediately.

Hi I would like to ask the favor again to please explain things in further detail and to the level that even a newbie can easily understand regarding this current issue/problem regarding our 32LH70.

Thank You ^___^
hi jcads, you can try following ppoooh's instructions from his post yesterday (12/18). but basically, you connect the hdmi input to a source (i used an ht554 dvd player), turn both the tv and the source on. then change the picture mode to either natural or sports and then turn off the source. the tv will display a "no input" message at the upper right-hand corner of the screen which fades out after a few seconds. at this point, turn the tv off and then back on without turning on the source. what has happened to us is that the "no input" message will again appear, fade out and then the screen will blink/flicker for a second and turn blank. after this, you will not be able to change inputs or access the menu via the remote, only the power on/off will work. for some reason it works fine on other picture modes and this to me indicates a glitch with the programming.

I mentioned to him that I read in the internet that there are other users with same problem.  At first he told me it could just be somebody from the "competition" and not to believe it. I referred to him the pinoydvd forums and the concerns came from other users who bought the scarlet - he came back by saying he have sold some 200 units but only "3" have this issue. I then asked if its a firmware or hardware problem, to which he said that he is a "salesman" and not in technical thus he referred me to the LG Help Desk.
haha, funny his initial reaction was to brush it off as bad press from "competition":] i guess the reason why only 3 of the 200 units reported the issue is that you would normally turn both the source and the tv at around the same time. like i said, i encountered the problem with the av input as i had turned it off after playing on the ps2 the previous day and wanted to switch it to cable after i  turned it on. but i was able to replicate it on the first try with the hdmi input following ppoooh's instructions.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2009 at 10:57 PM by icarusf3ll »

Offline Jaybats

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 11:14 PM »
hi jcads, you can try following ppoooh's instructions from his post yesterday (12/18). but basically, you connect the hdmi input to a source (i used an ht554 dvd player), turn both the tv and the source on. then change the picture mode to either natural or sports and then turn off the source. the tv will display a "no input" message at the upper right-hand corner of the screen which fades out after a few seconds. at this point, turn the tv off and then back on without turning on the source. what has happened to us is that the "no input" message will again appear, fade out and then the screen will blink/flicker for a second and turn blank. after this, you will not be able to change inputs or access the menu via the remote, only the power on/off will work. for some reason it works fine on other picture modes and this to me indicates a glitch with the programming.

The way this is described, I don't see it as a glitch. The TV automatically goes into Standby Mode since it is not receiving a signal. It is not switched completely off. The Power On/Off button takes it out of Standby Mode. The solution seems to be to change inputs before the TV goes into Standby. If you allow more time before it does so, then you can change from AV1 to AV2 or whatever. Change the Sleep Timer settings to 10 min instead of the default "0", so that there is enough time to switch sources.
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2009 at 11:24 PM by Jaybats »

Offline Jaybats

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Dec 19, 2009 at 11:31 PM »

Is your Intelligent Sensor mode on? Note that according to the Manual, Intelligent Sensor changes contrast, brightness, sharpness, color, and tint automatically. This may be what is doing the resetting.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 01:29 AM »
The way this is described, I don't see it as a glitch. The TV automatically goes into Standby Mode since it is not receiving a signal. It is not switched completely off. The Power On/Off button takes it out of Standby Mode. The solution seems to be to change inputs before the TV goes into Standby. If you allow more time before it does so, then you can change from AV1 to AV2 or whatever. Change the Sleep Timer settings to 10 min instead of the default "0", so that there is enough time to switch sources.

Isn't it that Sleep Timer value of "0" would usually mean Sleep Timer had been turned off? Maybe the guys could try this suggestion if it has any bearing on the issue.

But then it doesn't really happen on other Picture Modes. So why is it such?

The usual message of "No Signal" should appear regardless. Do note that the blinking HDMI1 input message wouldn't even allow us to switch to other inputs.

By the way, my ECO mode is always turned off. As it does conflict with the IR remote of my WDTV HD Media Player.

Offline lgfan

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 08:17 AM »
Isn't it that Sleep Timer value of "0" would usually mean Sleep Timer had been turned off? Maybe the guys could try this suggestion if it has any bearing on the issue.
Yes, Sleep timer being set to "0" means it will not turn off by itself.

AFAIK, the screen will continuously display "No Signal" for 15 minutes and then the TV turns itself off.

The manual says:
 TV will be automatically turned off, in case of no signal for 15 minutes.