Author Topic: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!  (Read 204897 times)

Offline taski24

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 32LH70YR Fan Boys!
« Reply #210 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 11:22 PM »
well, i have read this minor discomfort but still decided to go ahead...

ngayon, di na ako lurking dito sa forum, kasi i am a proud owner na of LG 32LH70YR!
kaso, pang movie marathon lang.

my wife wouldn't let me subscribe to cable tv.
Guys, ano bang outdoor antenna ang maisasuggest nyo?

Mukhang un kasi muna ang pagtitiisan ko.
Anyway, sabi naman dito, LCDs are not that good for cable tv viewing...

Thank you nga pala kay Ms. May Ang ng Remal Sales.

Offline jcads

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 11:26 PM »
Hi jcads,

So even with Manufacture Date May 2009 and Firmware 3.15 ( I suppose you must have typo error last time that you indicated 3.015), does experience the same issue.

From what I tested previously, an April 2009 Manufacture Date unit didn't exhibit the issue#1. I don't know if you could find a new replacement unit with the old Manufacture Date. Since you already know how to test this issue, you can do the test on a replacement unit before making it final, if you are allowed to do so. Let me know what you can find.

Unless this is solvable by Firmware Upgrade. But be sure to call up LG Customer Hotline to lodge a case. Pls. refer to our previous posts and get in touch with Mr. Joel Canoy. We are collecting at least 5 cases as per LG Phils. But then, last I talk to Joel is that they are raising this to LG Korea. How true is I don't know yet. As I know that we have not reached 5 cases yet. So pls. do help us out in this regards. TIA.

Okay I will try to contact that Person regarding my concern...

Thank You...

BTW sorry about the TPYPO ERROR

Offline mjddl163

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 11:57 PM »
I'm seriously considering buying this particular unit this January but I'm having second thoughts because of the glitches that some are experiencing. It also made me wonder why the price was marked down almost 50% off the MSRP.

Offline jcads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 12:27 AM »
I'm seriously considering buying this particular unit this January but I'm having second thoughts because of the glitches that some are experiencing. It also made me wonder why the price was marked down almost 50% off the MSRP.

Bro seriously it doesn't affect the performance after all. I didn't even noticed it since before I read this...

Price wise, specs wise and feature wise this LCD is a best buy after all...

*Handa kong ipusta ang pustiso ng kapit-bahay namin, I'm sure na ma-a-amaze ka sa LCD na ito

Offline iammaki

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #214 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 12:30 AM »
Hi ianmaki (and xrampage also),

It is very important when trying to simulate the issues that the Picture Modes to be tested are these 2 (Natural & Sport). As the issue#1 does come out only on these 2 modes.

As for the other modes: Vivid, Standard, Cinema, Game, Expert1, & Expert2, the issue#1 does not happen. The TV would operate just like it normally would (w/ "No Signal" message).

By the way, there is no "Normal" Picture Mode setting. You might be referring to "Standard" or default "Vivid" mode.

Hope that you could do further testing as indicated if you want further confirmation on your set. TIA as always.

I meant natural not normal....

Tested it again, yup issue 1 occurs on my unit. So i've confirmed that we have the same problems.

Offline mjddl163

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 12:37 AM »
@jcads
Considering the specs, price, and features I was sold already and ready to buy it but since this would be my first LCD unit I'm a little skeptical in buying. I'm actually contemplating on this unit and any Samsung that has full HD but I couldn't find any unit under 30k

Offline iammaki

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 12:39 AM »
have'nt called joel of lg, I was swamped with worked

Offline jcads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 01:04 AM »
@jcads
Considering the specs, price, and features I was sold already and ready to buy it but since this would be my first LCD unit I'm a little skeptical in buying. I'm actually contemplating on this unit and any Samsung that has full HD but I couldn't find any unit under 30k

Yeah! So far this is the most highly recommended 32" in terms of it's price and specs/feature, you'll never go wrong with this one...

Oh BTW the finishing design is very elegant...  ;D

Offline fakuryu

• Collector
  • I'm with CoCo
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 02:20 AM »
well, i have read this minor discomfort but still decided to go ahead...

ngayon, di na ako lurking dito sa forum, kasi i am a proud owner na of LG 32LH70YR!
kaso, pang movie marathon lang.

my wife wouldn't let me subscribe to cable tv.
Guys, ano bang outdoor antenna ang maisasuggest nyo?

Mukhang un kasi muna ang pagtitiisan ko.
Anyway, sabi naman dito, LCDs are not that good for cable tv viewing...

Thank you nga pala kay Ms. May Ang ng Remal Sales.

Siguro yung Baron Super Antenatal? Pero dud, magpa Destiny Cable ka nalang 500 php lang a month kung avilable sa inyo

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 06:49 AM »

Just like jcads said, this is just an annoying issue. Hope you read my previous posts. I have indicated there how not to experience such nusance if you would follow my instruction. If you are not using "Natural" & "Sport" mode, you will not never encounter it. Should you need to use any of the 2 modes indicated above, make sure to turn on your input source always to prevent the issue#1 from happening. Issue#1 can easily be reset either by changing to other Picture Modes or by switching to other inputs (ie. HDMI1, HDMI2, HDMI3, etc.). My bet here is that this issue is easily solvable by a firmware update from LG.

With that said, this is still the best value for money 32" FullHD unit out there. Features-wise, no other brand could beat it yet at this time. If you decide to get this unit, then you will not get jealous of the other brands as they don't have all of the features that this unit possess. While if you bought another brand, then look into this unit, you will feel that the other brand still lacks some of the important features that this unit has. The color graphical GUI is also nice which I believe most of the other brands does not have. No other brand does carry a colored back casing (in this case, red). Eleant, nice to look at, smooth but doesn't gather fingerprints, and easily dusted. Unlike other brands with dull black-color back casing, which is a fingerprint magnet or easily gather dust and harder to clean. And this is one of the slimmest 32" LCD TV that I could find. I believe only this unit has a 2-way/4 speaker system, as almost all other brand/unit has 1-way/2 speaker system. Hope you know how it should sound then. Your pick then. Except for the PIP/PAP and Card Slot which this unit doesn't have, if you can live without them.

On movie viewing, the images are amazing with a lot of adjustments that you can make to suit your taste. You'll be surprised at how much these settings are. Too long to list them down here. If you are particular about how the images look, better audition this unit at the stores. Hope that they have high definition sources so that you could experience the beauty of this unit.

Hope that I made you think twice before deciding.
« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2009 at 06:52 AM by Ppoooh »

Offline icarusf3ll

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 07:54 AM »
ppoooh says it best:] the glitch is hardly a dealbreaker i assure you. and the good thing is that by knowing about it you can check this on your unit BEFORE you buy it, as not everyone seems to have encountered this. what we're really after is to get action from lg for those of us that do have this problem.

below is a list of everyone in this thread with the same issue so far (flickering off):
1. icarusf3ll (fw 3.15, august 2009)
2. ppoooh (fw 3.15, august 2009)
3. lawin (fw 3.5, ??)
4. iammaki (fw 3.15, august 2009)
5. jcads (fw 3.15, may 2009)
6. nelo1 (fw 3.15, sept 2009)

this list excludes others like lgfan (fw 3.0.9, april 2009) who only had the expert mode issue and vx2 who had both issues but on a different model (42lh70yr).

to lawin, can you post your mfg date? also, only you so far have fw 3.5, can you double check this just to make sure? thanks again:]

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 08:36 AM »
Thanks icarusf3ll for making a summary of those affected by the "flickering off" issue. I have a hard time putting down a name for this issue.

From the looks of it now, it seemed more like an issue needing Firmware update. Unlike what I had earlier assumed to be a production problem based on manufacturing date - August 2009. Looks like we already have at least 5 owners having this issue. For those affected, make sure to call up LG Customer Service Hotline (c/o Mr. Joel Canoy) to have yours on their record.

We have to confirm whether someone had a more recent version of the Firmware. Need to really confirm what Lawin really have.

P.S. For those who wanted to get the best PQ (for DVDs and AVIs) on this unit, you may want to check out the one I posted on the other thread "42LH70". Sorry but I haven't tested using cable yet, and will not be able to do so, due to my placement of the unit. Unless you guys wanted me to post it down here also. So far, I have only seen request here for cable viewing experience.

Offline Liquidvamp

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 09:47 AM »
question..
can you output the sound of the TV(I mean cable TV viewing) through an external speaker without a receiver? how?
I can only do this whenever I'm watching DVD's and playing PS3. Thank you.

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 10:47 AM »
question..
can you output the sound of the TV(I mean cable TV viewing) through an external speaker without a receiver? how?
I can only do this whenever I'm watching DVD's and playing PS3. Thank you.

The Audio Out of this unit whether fixed or variable output (selection via the Audio Menu) is a pre-amp signal. Meaning the sound coming out is in the range of millivolts. Not enough to drive a speaker directly. Meaning either a receiver/speaker set with an amplifier or a speaker system with a built-in amplifier is required to output TV sound. There are widely available speaker system w/ built-in amplifier for your selection and they do come in various output music power ratings (some a low as 5watts per channel, but I guess this is not what you need). As the built-in speaker system of this unit is 2-way/4 speaker system at 5watts per channel.

The other option unique to this TV is output via Bluetooth. But then haven't tested this out with a Bluetooth headphone. This option is also a bit expensive. Branded Bluetooth Stereo Headphones run in the range of php3 to 4k or more. I doubt if there are Bluetooth Stereo Speakers available.

No other LCD/Plasma TV can output to speakers directly. Only if your TV have Speaker Out terminals. I guess there are some Sony Bravias with detachable side speakers. As their speakers are not built-in to the said TVs.

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Trust in the Lord . . .
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 11:26 AM »
ppoooh says it best:] the glitch is hardly a dealbreaker i assure you. and the good thing is that by knowing about it you can check this on your unit BEFORE you buy it, as not everyone seems to have encountered this. what we're really after is to get action from lg for those of us that do have this problem.

below is a list of everyone in this thread with the same issue so far (flickering off):
3. lawin (fw 3.15, august 2009)

this list excludes others like lgfan (fw 3.0.9, april 2009) who only had the expert mode issue and vx2 who had both issues but on a different model (42lh70yr).

to lawin, can you post your mfg date? also, only you so far have fw 3.5, can you double check this just to make sure? thanks again:]

sorry, typo error - its 3.15, august 2009 Manufacturing

3. lawin (fw 3.15, august 2009)

Offline tambutsoo

• Collector
  • YO Wazzup :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 11:43 AM »
may recall na ba  ???

Offline boddah

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #226 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 01:01 PM »
Hi boddah,

I would really like to know whether manufacture date September 2009 is also affected with the said 2 issues. By the way, do you have the Firmware Version of your unit? The procedure had been posted on page #5 of this thread. Pls. advise.

On the "typhoon" setting, do you meant this as a joke? (hehehe) As there is no such Picture Mode setting on our units.

Hi Ppoooh,

I'll try to check the FW version as soon as i have the time. Now as for the Typhoon setting, nope I was referring to a user by the name of typhoon859, he posted some setting sfor the LED (lh90) but IMO it works for the LH70 as well, onting tweaks na lang according to your preference. heres the link
http://www.highdefjunkies.com/showthread.php?s=50a603999897844c11b5909fd037314e&t=1819&page=28

Merry X'mas y'all! ;D

Offline Arnel E.

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 05:39 PM »
Bro seriously it doesn't affect the performance after all. I didn't even noticed it since before I read this...

Price wise, specs wise and feature wise this LCD is a best buy after all...

*Handa kong ipusta ang pustiso ng kapit-bahay namin, I'm sure na ma-a-amaze ka sa LCD na ito

+1, although walang pustiso kapitbahay namin e.

Yung ibang LCD at this price, wala ngang glitch (or hindi lang na-discover pa) pero marami ding features na meron itong LH70 na wala sila.  And besides, it's too minor and doesn't even affect all units of owners here.
HT: Kodi on HTPC -> Marantz 6008 -> B&W MT | V: Sony W904A tv, Epson 8350 pj | controlled by Harmony

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 05:49 PM »
@jcads

Before I bought this TV, I also considered the Full HD Samsung, which starts at Series 5 I think.  This consideration is given the fact that my Samsung 37" R8 I bought 2 years ago never had any problem to this date.  However, even with the premium over the price of the Scarlet, the Series 5 lacks some of the features (I don't think it has direct USB DivX playback, does it?  Also Bluetooth headset support is a plus for the LG... not to mention the superior look (looks more expensive than the Samsung).

And now even with all this glitches being reported (I'm lucky my unit's not affected), even if I got an August 2009 F/W 3.15 unit I think I would still be happier with it compared to the Samsung Series 5 given the price difference.

HT: Kodi on HTPC -> Marantz 6008 -> B&W MT | V: Sony W904A tv, Epson 8350 pj | controlled by Harmony

Offline jcads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 07:22 PM »
Here's a concrete statement from ME....

The glitch, issue or what so ever you want to call doesn't affect the performance of the LCD in ALL ASPECT. So far the best solution to get rid of the sudden BLACK OUT is to just turn on the SOURCE (e.g. DVD Player, PS3, WDTV).

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 07:35 PM »
For those still planning to buy a 32" FullHD LCD TV. Think again.

I just came back from the Appliance Store. The 3 units LG 32LH70YR on display (running demo units), were also gobbled up by the customers before Xmas. Those are the April 2009 and June 2009 Manufacture Dates. And there are no more 32LH70YR available as of this time. Accdg to the LG Salesman, he had ordered another 30 units which most likely will be delivered to them by January. See how hot these units are selling.

For those interested on 32LF20 (FullHD), I did find some units being sold at Shopwise Libis for php26,995.00. I know that this model had run out on most appliance stores for quite some time. While the 32LH20 is being sold at Robinsons Appliance Stores for php19,995.00 [edited: mistake in price by the LG Salesman] starting today. I believe they do have a lot of unsold units of this model left in their stock, therefore the reason for the discount.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2009 at 12:33 PM by Ppoooh »

Offline Ppoooh

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 07:44 PM »
Before I bought this TV, I also considered the Full HD Samsung, which starts at Series 5 I think.

I am also looking at Samsung 32B530 and 32B550 before my purchase of this unit. What I noticed before is the Series 5 when displayed beside a Series 6 running the same video material, the Series 6 tends to be blacker while the Series 5 looks greyish.

I believe our 32LH70YR is more blacker at least, than the Series 5. Aside from the other additional features (TruMotion 120Hz, 2.4ms panel, USB playback, etc.), I believe the 32B530/32B550 is still more expensive than our unit.

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 10:31 PM »
I just came back from the Appliance Store. The 3 units LG 32LH70YR on display (running demo units), were also gobbled up by the customers before Xmas...  And there are no more 32LH70YR available as of this time. Accdg to the LG Salesman, he had ordered another 30 units which most likely will be delivered to them by January. See how hot these units are selling.

... While the 32LH20 is being sold at Robinsons Appliance Stores for php19,995.00 starting today. I believe they do have a lot of unsold units of this model left in their stock, therefore the reason for the discount.

Simple lang bakit madaling maubos ang 32LH70 sa mall... for less than 30K you get a top-of-the-line 32" model with all the features you can imagine for the price, and then some.  Malaman pa lang ng customer na "high-end" or "top range" series ang LH70, maganda agad ang feeling towards the product, especially when they find out it's priced similar to midrange models lang sa competing brands (even entry level lang sa ibang brand like Sony).  Not to mention how it stands out in the showroom with its attractive design.  They feel it's the biggest bargain right in front of them, so ayun bili agad kahit display unit na, kasi ubos na stocks, hehe.  Like them, I feel that way towards this LG, and so do you, I suppose.

Yung LH20, nung naging 26K ang LF20, the LH20 was like 24K?  For the small price diff, naka-Full HD ka na dun sa isa.  Ayun, sino nga naman bibili nung "entry-level" model kung ganun.  Most LH20 nowadays are being sold to unknowing customers who didn't know about the LF20 and possibly neither the LH70.

Having said that, what I wanted to say was actually...

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!  :)

« Last Edit: Dec 24, 2009 at 10:33 PM by Arnel Enero »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 264
« Reply #233 on: Dec 24, 2009 at 11:15 PM »
For those interested on 32LF20 (FullHD), I did find some units being sold at Shopwise Libis for php26,995.00. I know that this model had run out on most appliance stores for quite some time.

There are many 32LF20's available in SM North and Trinoma.  I know coz I was just there today.

While the 32LH20 is being sold at Robinsons Appliance Stores for php19,995.00 starting today. I believe they do have a lot of unsold units of this model left in their stock, therefore the reason for the discount.

I wonder if all the other stores will sell at this price.

Offline ferdinand

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • DVD Guru
  • Trust is my virtue-enjoy life !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #234 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 06:33 AM »
For those still planning to buy a 32" FullHD LCD TV. Think again.

I just came back from the Appliance Store. The 3 units LG 32LH70YR on display (running demo units), were also gobbled up by the customers before Xmas. Those are the April 2009 and June 2009 Manufacture Dates. And there are no more 32LH70YR available as of this time. Accdg to the LG Salesman, he had ordered another 30 units which most likely will be delivered to them by January. See how hot these units are selling.

For those interested on 32LF20 (FullHD), I did find some units being sold at Shopwise Libis for php26,995.00. I know that this model had run out on most appliance stores for quite some time. While the 32LH20 is being sold at Robinsons Appliance Stores for php19,995.00 starting today. I believe they do have a lot of unsold units of this model left in their stock, therefore the reason for the discount.
Bagsakan na ng presyo after holiday season.   Kahit maliit na yung mark-up nila, mabilis na man ang turnover kita pa rin sila at kesa ma istockan sila sa bodega, it is wiser to sell it in more cheap price.

Offline Arnel E.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 09:42 AM »
Bagsakan na ng presyo after holiday season.   Kahit maliit na yung mark-up nila, mabilis na man ang turnover kita pa rin sila at kesa ma istockan sila sa bodega, it is wiser to sell it in more cheap price.

Ang laki na ng ibinaba ng presyo ng 32LH70 this December... tingin nyo ba may ibababa pa ito next month?  Baka kailangan munang humabol sa bagsak-presyo ang Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba, Sony (I doubt that Sony ever will, though), etc... at lalo na yung mga less-known brands (TCL, Ganz Klar, Syntax, etc.) na mukhang na-beat na ng LG at Panasonic sa presyo this December.

Offline jcads

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 10:06 AM »
For 32LH70yr I think it's either they will stick on the 28K - 30K price range or maybe they will lower it to dispose all their available stock.

Most probably the manufacturing of this model will end up sooner or later or maybe already stopped, not unless there's really a mass demand to produce more. But looking forward to next year LCD trend I think that's their focus now, so disposing all the old LCD stock and models is their major goal now and to produce a new set of LCD/LED that will suit the latest trend of technology.

So what should we looking forward now is how Old LED models drop their prices, knowing the fact that a new breed of LED TV (Back lit) are on the roll next year.  ;D

For now let's just enjoy our precious 32LH70yr

Merry Christmas

Offline gspec

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 10:42 AM »
32LH20 is being sold at Robinsons Appliance Stores for php19,995.00 starting today. I believe they do have a lot of unsold units of this model left in their stock, therefore the reason for the discount.

Sir, what branch kaya to? thanks

Offline Jonaz

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Dec 25, 2009 at 01:03 PM »
Fan boys ba kamo?? :P

August 2009
FW 3.15

Merry X'mas to all!..