Author Topic: Klipsch Speaker Owners Speak-out  (Read 160138 times)

Offline Bimmer535d

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Buy from me and be happy!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Klipsch Speaker Owners Speak-out
« Reply #150 on: Jun 01, 2004 at 06:12 PM »
dapat sama na rin yung Videologic Sirroco Crossfire/Digitheater DTS and LiFE 4/10 para masaya.  :D

I thought u said, we should not compare your overpriced Klipsch to our Lower priced Logitechs? Wouldn't a shoot-out be kinda illogical?

I really found it insulting when u said that to me in Sir Baron's thread when i was merely asking if he had tried the Logitech z-680 THX which i also have. But that is fine. You are what u are.
Apple Mac | BFGTech | DELL | HP Dealer
0918-527-6048

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Jun 03, 2004 at 01:45 PM »
dapat sama na rin yung Videologic Sirroco Crossfire/Digitheater DTS and LiFE 4/10 para masaya.  :D

I thought u said, we should not compare your overpriced Klipsch to our Lower priced Logitechs? Wouldn't a shoot-out be kinda illogical?

I really found it insulting when u said that to me in Sir Baron's thread when i was merely asking if he had tried the Logitech z-680 THX which i also have. But that is fine. You are what u are.

The shoot out was to settle the comparison issue...as for the price of Klipsch Promedia...sorry large portion of it goes to the Gorvernment.

My comment was not meant to insult you dude...we have previously planing a shoot -out prior to your reply to Sir Baron...however, we believed it is time to correct some misconception regarding Promedia...if you want to included Video logic...then thats fine with us.

Offline Bimmer535d

• Apprentice
  • Buy from me and be happy!
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Jun 05, 2004 at 02:26 PM »
ok fine. I thought you're this headless klipsch fanatic. Im not getting personal. it's just that my cousin in the states bought one. and it died. He told me it sounds great though. Klipsch replaced his twice. Now, so far, that's great customer service.

I am not a logitech seller. it's not my max budget either. If i can afford to buy two branded business pcs priced 85K each at the same time, i dont see why i can't afford your klipsch. Im just afraid that it will die and lose my hard earned money. I dont work, just an entrepreneur. PCs are just my hobby.

so, are they selling better quality here? it's different? if so, that's good news for the asians.

What store are u from? who knows, i might drop by[or probably did already - when i auditioned klipsch]  and buy one time. from u ;)
Apple Mac | BFGTech | DELL | HP Dealer
0918-527-6048

Offline manilabynight

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm not so new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Jul 13, 2004 at 09:37 PM »
All I can say is I'm one really happy Klipsch owner and I am really impressed with the sound. My cousin has an Acoustimass system but gosh I really find the Klipsches more natural in sound.  :)

Just my share of the contribution here ....

Offline manilabynight

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm not so new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Jul 13, 2004 at 09:46 PM »
Hi Fellow members....

Who owns here Logitec, Creative and Altec THX Certified speakers....we would like to ask you for a shoot out competition....sama natin BOSE Accoustimas and yun SONY DAV-SC8 na tag 40K plus or even the Infinity Oreus which has a price tag of P58K...

Sino may gusto......we will provide the food and place....

If ever matuloy itong plano ninyo pwede ako manood? I'm really excited to just see how this all turns out. I just hope I'm available at the time.

Hehehehe .... nakiki-isyoso po lamang ako.   :)

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Jul 22, 2004 at 03:55 PM »
Now on demo the Klipsch RF-25 at Park Square Exhibit of Spectra. Exhibit will run until July 28 only....and avail special discount given for those who will purchase NAD and Klipsch product during the exhibit.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Jul 30, 2004 at 05:29 PM »
Now available...

Klipsch Reference bookshelf models RB-15, RB-25...Floorstanding RF-15, RF-25, RF-35 anf RF-7 and for center RC-25 and RC-35, RC-7, and surrounds RS-25, RS-35 and RS-7

Try listening into one of this and know the difference of a a speaker with TRUE AMERICAN HERITAGE.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Aug 02, 2004 at 05:36 PM »
Now ON SALE...

few remaing Brand New Reference RB-3 now at 35% discount....please call us at 893-8011

Offline vircor

• Collector
  • So many things to do, so little time...
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Aug 05, 2004 at 04:59 PM »
Just wanted to know owner's feedback on this speakers, where is it available and how much. :-\ TIA! :)

Klipsch Cinema 10 system

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Aug 12, 2004 at 04:02 PM »
Just wanted to know owner's feedback on this speakers, where is it available and how much. :-\ TIA! :)

Klipsch Cinema 10 system

The above system is at display in AVSurfer Rockwell....please let us know when your going to have it audition so that we could have it break-in.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Aug 24, 2004 at 02:56 PM »
Hi Guys...

Check out Studio System's August Storm Promo....great discounts awaits buyers...

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Sep 07, 2004 at 06:39 PM »
We would like to know the view of the new owners of Klipsch Refrence 3rd generation....could you please post please your views on it

Thanks

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Oct 06, 2004 at 04:32 PM »
Now being offered at Spectra Exhibit...

Buy Klipsch Reference series : 1 pair of RB-25 and a 1 pc. RC-25

and get FREE Klipsch Synergy series surround speakers SS.5.

May Dsiscount pa if your availing in CASH. Limited offer lang po to during SPECTRA Exhibit at Glorietta 1

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Oct 06, 2004 at 04:35 PM »

The above system is at display in AVSurfer Rockwell....please let us know when your going to have it audition so that we could have it break-in.

Check the Klipsch Cinema 8 system on display at the Spectra Exhibit...or ask Jim to have on the store for proper set-up...Standard retail Price of the system including the RW-10 is around P78,000 now get it at special price of P68,000.00

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Oct 06, 2004 at 04:37 PM »

Now on Display at Spectra Exhibit...Klipsch Cinema 8....ask Jim for Demo....

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Oct 19, 2004 at 07:09 PM »
Thanks for making us one of the TOP Asian Distributor......on the brands we are carrying...NAD, Definitive and Klipsch

Offline iceman90a

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Oct 19, 2004 at 08:17 PM »
hey congrats! ;D
money is best spent

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Oct 20, 2004 at 01:11 AM »
Redkoji,

Maybe you want to be a sponsor for the Grand eb of PinoyDVD so you can explain further your products. Pls send me a PM if you are interested.

Levi

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Oct 27, 2004 at 12:09 AM »
Hi, pwede magtanong kung saan meron demo unit ng Klipsch Promedia 2.1? ;D Naghahanap kasi yung friend ko. Thanks.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Nov 05, 2004 at 05:21 PM »
Good day fellow Members,

The Promedia 2.1 is already phase-out from the Philippine market and for the rest of ASIA. We will be soon introducing the GMX series and hopefully the ULTRA 2....Currently all of the Display units that are in A-1 condition is been sold-out. We are just checking around 6 set, for possible refurbishing to be sold direct, with a target selling price of less than P5,000.00

As for the Grand E.B for Pinoy DVD members....we shall be conducting a grand launching of Klipsch Reference RVX and RSX series within the 1st quarter 2005 and together with the relaunching of 3 series of NAD Receivers...(T-743; T-753, T-763, and the T-773, and our newest line of tube amp and receiver from one of the prestigious brand in the High-end Audio...isasabay na lang po namin dun yun sponsorship

Offline blued888

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Dec 08, 2004 at 01:52 PM »
May release date na ba for the Ultra 2.0? Retail in the US is $99.99. Any projected prices for the Pinas? Thanks.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 05:43 PM »
Klipsch has no plans of releasing the Ultra 2 in Asia....we are sad of this development

May release date na ba for the Ultra 2.0? Retail in the US is $99.99. Any projected prices for the Pinas? Thanks.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 05:44 PM »
Hey dude,

Check out the Klipsch flagship THE RF-7 SYSTEM...now on display at Spectra..........
« Last Edit: Jan 07, 2005 at 05:45 PM by redkoji »

Offline gren

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Jan 10, 2005 at 05:06 PM »
heya redkoji,

i'd like to know if the rsw-10 is available here. i saw it in the price list for avid, but i'm not sure if its around anywhere. only managed to hear rw-10

richie

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Jan 12, 2005 at 08:29 AM »
Redkoji may available pa ba na Klipsch RC-3? Thanks
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline rony

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • didyital rules!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 56
« Reply #175 on: Jan 12, 2005 at 08:55 AM »
Redkoji may available pa ba na Klipsch RC-3? Thanks
odyopayl mukha natipuhan mo na klipsch rb series ah? Nag sisi nga ako kung bakit ko pa nabenta rb3 sa iyo. 
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2005 at 08:57 AM by rony »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Mar 01, 2005 at 05:06 PM »
Last 4 pairs  of Klipsch RB-3  2nd Generation reference on SALE.....P16,000.00 per pair

Offline gren

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Rawr
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Mar 11, 2005 at 11:44 PM »
Finally got to buy myself a sub.  I got a Klipsch RW-10.  Really good for music, and decent for movies.  Bass is smooth and low, but lacking in slam.

Compared it against an RW-12 (12" woofer compared to the 10" on the RW-10), the RW-12 had more volume and slam, but when it came to music, it's a tad slow.  As Jim said, it is perfect for movies, and with a bit of adjustment, quite decent with music (vice versa with RW-10).

Jim also set up two RW-10s to run together, and I'd have to say that it beat the RW-12 in terms of output.  Slam was finally there and the experience was compatible to being in a movie theatre.  Perhaps if I'm crazy enough (or budget permitting), I'd get myself a second RW-10.

That or wait for the RSW-10 to come over and demo that instead (hint hint redkoji :>).

All in all, I can heartily recommend the RW-10 for people who prefer more accurate bass output than slam.  Its priced equivalently to a velodyne CHT-10 (which I can recommend for people who prefer movies).

This is a paid advertisement by Klipsch.

Just kidding :>  Really.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: May 21, 2005 at 06:56 PM »
Thanks for the review.....we shall soon releasing the RW-8 in the market.....

Moreover, somewhere in the middle of the year, we shall be exhibiting the RF-7 systems with RSW-12 package.....

Klipsch....the ultimate sound experience............

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: May 26, 2005 at 11:25 AM »
Review: Klipsch iFi
iPod-based home speaker system

By Dan Frakes
Summary

Rating: (out of 5) **4**

Pros: Best sound of any iPod-specific speaker system we?ve tested, including excellent bass and midrange; convenient iPod Control Dock; RF remote; exceptional satellite build quality.

Cons: Dock base doesn?t sync iPod; poor remote layout; treble slightly recessed.

Price as rated:

Company: Klipsch, www.Klipsch.com

Many of the portable and ?desktop? speaker systems we?ve reviewed at Playlist provide a special dock-connector base that lets you dock your iPod to sync with your computer, charge your iPod, and obtain higher-quality audio (via the dock connector?s line-level audio circuitry). However, as we?ve noted in these reviews, portable/desktop systems rarely sound as good as full-size speaker systems such as the various subwoofer/satellite packages we?ve tested. On the other hand, because these latter systems are generally ?computer? speaker systems?made to be compatible with any audio source?they don?t provide the same dock-connector port benefits. If you want to use your iPod with one of these systems and get these benefits, you need to use Apple?s $39 dock base, which provides a dock connector port and a line-level audio output.

At least, that was the case until now. Klipsch?s new iFi speaker system is the first full-size, sub/sat audio system specifically designed for the iPod, complete with a dock cradle. But it?s also the first in a few other areas, as well. It?s the first iPod-specific home speaker system from a traditional loudspeaker company?Klipsch has been in the business for nearly 60 years and has a reputation for producing quality home audio speakers. And at $400, it?s also the first iPod-specific speaker system to break the $300 barrier set by Bose?s $300 SoundDock.

As a result of all these ?firsts,? the iFi has received a good amount of attention, and been the object of much speculation, since its announcement in January of this year. Does it live up to the hype (and the price)? We got one of the first units off the production line; read on for our impressions.

Note: Playlist has a policy of reviewing only the version of a product that consumers will be able to buy. The iFi unit we received was part of a pilot production run of 25 units; Klipsch has assured us that the pilot production run is identical to the mass production run in every way?sonically, electronically, and cosmetically?except for one cosmetic marking on the included speaker cables. (Specifically, a black mark indicating which wire is for the left channel and which is for the right.) Nonetheless, we?ve requested a final shipping version, as well, and if it differs in any way from our current sample, we?ll update this review accordingly.
Big Package

The first thing that struck me when I received the iFi package was the size?apart from the Logitech Z-5500 Digital, a 5.1-channel, THX-certified home theater system, the iFi comes in the largest shipping box of any ?computer? speaker system I?ve seen. Granted, the iFi came triple-packed, but the actual iFi box is still a monster. The reason for this is, of course, that the iFi system itself is larger than most iPod/computer speakers.

The iFi is comprised of four main pieces, all silver/gray in color: a subwoofer, two satellite speakers, and a Control Dock. The largest piece, the 14.5" x 10.5" x 11.5" subwoofer, houses an 8" speaker driver (protected by a silver-colored metal grill) and a 200-Watt class-D amplifier that powers the sub and the two satellite speakers. The back of the subwoofer includes left/right speaker terminals, an AC cable jack, a 1/8" auxiliary audio line-in port, and the port to which you connect the cable for the iFi?s Control Dock. It also includes a vertical port for the vented sub enclosure.

The iFi?s two satellite speakers (left and right) are silver versions of the company?s new Reference Series RSX-3 satellites. At 8.5"H x 4.75"W x 5.5"D, they?re larger than the satellites found on most iPod/computer sub/sat systems, but even more significant is their weight?at over 4 pounds each (not including the speaker grills), they?re much heftier than you would expect. Just over 10 ounces of that is due to the weighted base, but the rest is the plastic and metal speaker itself, which includes a 3.5" midrange woofer (made of Klipsch?s ?Cerametallic? material) and a .75" titanium dome/horn tweeter. I was surprised by how solid the satellites are?certainly more so than other ?computer? speakers I?ve seen.

I also like the integrated stand found on each speaker. The 5.75" x 4" oval base is connected to the speaker via a metal ball-and-socket joint that allows the base to be rotated to virtually any orientation?the base even has slots for wall mounting. And unlike most removable speaker grills, which connect to the speaker via plastic posts, the RSX-3?s wraparound grills connect via seven small magnets. Finally, unlike the inexpensive spring-loaded clips most computer speakers provide for connecting speaker cables, the iFi?s satellites use quality five-way binding posts (although the subwoofer?s speaker terminals are spring-loaded clips).

Finally, we come to the feature of the iFi generating the most buzz in iPod circles: the Control Dock. Approximately 5.25" deep and just over 4" wide, with a solid rubber base to keep it from sliding around a desk or shelf, the plastic Control Dock provides a dock connector slot towards the rear that holds your iPod. Five inserts are provided to accommodate 10GB and 15GB; 20GB; 30GB; and 40GB models, as well as any iPod mini. (The Control Dock fits the 60GB iPod photo without an insert.) When your iPod is in the Control Dock, it provides a line-level audio signal to the iFi, and the iFi returns the favor by charging the iPod. Unfortunately, unlike some of the other ?dockable? systems we?ve reviewed, the iFi doesn?t connect to your computer via USB or FireWire, so your iPod isn?t synchronized with iTunes; you need to sync your iPod with your computer separately. (Since the iFi is designed to be a full-size home speaker system, rather than a computer accessory, this isn?t a major shortcoming, in my opinion?the iFi isn?t likely to be near your computer.)

The front of the Control Dock provides a Volume dial, Subwoofer button, Mute/Standby button, and what Klipsch calls the ?Light Bar??a Knight Rider-like row of indicator lights. (If you didn?t watch TV in the 80s, this means the lights are arranged in a horizontal line.) The Volume dial is silver, just like the Control Dock, and is recessed inside the Dock so that only a smile-shaped section of the edge is showing, which you turn with a finger or thumb. As you increase the volume, the Light Bar?s illumination shifts to the right to indicate the current volume level. The Volume dial is also used to adjust the subwoofer level: You press the Subwoofer button and then turn the dial; the Light Bar displays the current sub setting. The Light Bar is clearly visible from across the room when using the remote (described below), so it?s easy to keep track of the volume level?and avoid accidental volume blasts.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2005 at 11:34 AM by redkoji »