Author Topic: Mede8er MED500x  (Read 197386 times)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Mede8er MED500x
« Reply #570 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 06:21 PM »
Hi, when you say pure BD rips ito yun mga 30-40+GB in size and in BDMV folders right? So when playing this pure BD rips using the Med300x malayo ang difference compared to original Bluray disc played on your Bluray player. Ano pala gamit mong bluray player?

You're planning to get a Med500x this month so no software problem for this model?

Thanks.

yup mga 40GB ang file size very similar to the BD disc  ;) Using Panasonic BD 60  :) Again I am not saying with definitiveness na software problem ang cause ng concern ko (personal assumption ko lang ito). I have tried the Med500x before and hindi naman ako na disappoint ng ganito. If you connect the unit direct to an LCD/Plasma TV 32 inch you might not experience my concern  :)

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #571 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 11:21 PM »
yup mga 40GB ang file size very similar to the BD disc  ;) Using Panasonic BD 60  :) Again I am not saying with definitiveness na software problem ang cause ng concern ko (personal assumption ko lang ito). I have tried the Med500x before and hindi naman ako na disappoint ng ganito. If you connect the unit direct to an LCD/Plasma TV 32 inch you might not experience my concern  :)

OK got it. So basically mostly sa audio yun medyo kulang. Thanks.

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #572 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 07:37 AM »
OK got it. So basically mostly sa audio yun medyo kulang. Thanks.

yup you can say that, but there is something in video too  :) audition mo let yourself be the judge. iba-iba kasi ang taste natin sa Audio & Video so what is not good for me might be good for you.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #573 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 07:57 AM »
Intriguing ne.

Sana meron pure BD shoot-out among NMTs kahit hindi ako maka-attend.   I will provide the contents through another member that you can compare directly to BD discs - concerts, movies, docs.   ;).

Or you just lend me your 300x for some months Von?  Hehehe.

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 at 07:58 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #574 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 08:41 AM »
Intriguing ne.

Sana meron pure BD shoot-out among NMTs kahit hindi ako maka-attend.   I will provide the contents through another member that you can compare directly to BD discs - concerts, movies, docs.   ;).

Or you just lend me your 300x for some months Von?  Hehehe.

if hindi matuloy ang transaction on the 15th then probably i have to keep the 300x and save for A-200. if that happens puwede ko pahiram sa iyo for several months  ;D hopefully tenga ko may problem  ;) (baka try ko din in using a different HDMI cable if this would matter) by the way ang clincher talaga is when i played Ben (25th anniversary MJ) well iba yung nadinig ko promise, good but not as good as when using Egreat. iba yung bata na yun na kumunta nung Ben excellent performance. yung volume nga have to increase na eh (full volume sa NMT and notch higher sa AVR) still iba pa din  ??? the PQ is not as vibrant when i was watching it using Egreat don't know if yung PJ ko problem but my PJ has less than 400hrs bulb usage.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #575 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 09:04 AM »
if hindi matuloy ang transaction on the 15th then probably i have to keep the 300x and save for A-200. if that happens puwede ko pahiram sa iyo for several months  ;D hopefully tenga ko may problem  ;) (baka try ko din in using a different HDMI cable if this would matter) by the way ang clincher talaga is when i played Ben (25th anniversary MJ) well iba yung nadinig ko promise, good but not as good as when using Egreat. iba yung bata na yun na kumunta nung Ben excellent performance. yung volume nga have to increase na eh (full volume sa NMT and notch higher sa AVR) still iba pa din  ??? the PQ is not as vibrant when i was watching it using Egreat don't know if yung PJ ko problem but my PJ has less than 400hrs bulb usage.

Uy, may pag-asa pala ako.  Hehehe.   Your observations are really intriguing.  Kasi if I find the PQ of the A200 and the 300X the same, then that implies that these new NMTs must be inferior than the Egreat in terms of pure BD performance.  That's a possibility considering the hardware decoders are different chips, and the newer NMTs are quite cheaper compared to the Egreat when it was new.  

In thought, such findings would suck, but since I don't have a real BD player and pretty impressed with the A200 PQ and AQ as is, then I guess I would just be fine in the end...and I'd just stay away from real BD players and BD discs so I wouldn't know the difference with NMTs...Hahaha.   Honestly, I can easily see differences in PQ between high bitrate 1080p MKVs and those pure BD rips especially in terms of richness of color, but my AVR is old hence I have no means of hearing HD audio.

In any case, Im still hopeful that the A200 would perform better than the 300X for now with it's more matured FW and the Sigma Chip, and hopefully too, the performance of the 300X can still be improved with better firmware (assuming it is not yet optimized).   Right now, it's kinda dreadful to think that all new media players would be the same considering your not so positive impressions.

« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 at 09:05 AM by Clondalkin »

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #576 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 11:47 AM »
On the Mede8er...(F/W Version: MED300X_V1.3 - Compiled Dec. 7, 2010)

Band of Brothers DTS-HD MA 5.1.m2ts
Title: 001/001
Chapter: 001/001
Size: 567MBytes
Video: H264 1920X1080 23.99fps
Audio: DTS HD 6ch 48K...

NOTE: Clear picture with stereo sound
On the receiver: STEREO is shown on the display

00007.m2ts (Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live at the Radio City Music Hall)
Title: 001/001
Chapter: 001/001
Size: 2914MBytes
Video: H264 1920X1080 29.98fps
Audio: Dolby TrueHD 6c...

NOTE: Clear picture with stereo sound
On the receiver: STEREO is shown on the display

picture above also is why i think there is something wrong with the software ng 300x. notice both displays audio of 6 channel. Your receiver will not display the same. Most if not all of the movies that i played will show 6 channel audio output when info is pressed ??? have had opinions of other members in the forum and they too do not find the PQ of Mede8er impressive :)

well i am hoping that the transaction regarding my 300x pushes through this mid month. On the other hand, i too will be very much interested in your review of the 300x  ;D

Offline powershot

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #577 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 01:01 AM »
brader Martin yup mayron internal 1.5TB on my unit and an HDD dock connected too. so far ok naman and no heat issues even if I watch 3 consecutive movies  ;) saan pala yung search botton parang wala yung remote ko  ;)

sakin din walang search sa remote ng 300x.  ???

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #578 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 01:36 AM »
sakin din walang search sa remote ng 300x.  ???

That is soooo odd...hmmm. Mine has. I will take a pic and show you. :)

Offline chris_santo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #579 on: Jan 11, 2011 at 11:37 AM »
Is the 300x able to customize the horizontal (x) and vertical (y) axis (custom zoom/stretch) of the video similar to 500x?

Offline gudspeed

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #580 on: Jan 12, 2011 at 03:21 PM »
hi! im just new in this kind of hoby. i got my med300x last sunday sa e-home when i got home i immedietly test together with my receiver (pio vsx920) i was amazed of the sound output mas malakas sya compare to sound output of the ps3 and it easily recognize by my receiver using a dts file movie. pero sympre mas maganda sq of the blu ray disk but with me minimal differece lang. just sharing! :D
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2011 at 03:22 PM by gudspeed »
Onkyo 805 & Rotel ra 06
Rti A1, A3, Csi A6, Fxi A4
Solo Baric S15L7 w/ Pilyo amp3v2 trany

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 383
« Reply #581 on: Jan 12, 2011 at 04:02 PM »
Would have to agree with some of the comments here....

VIDEO
The MED300X seems to show an inferior PQ compared even to a 2-year old POPCORN HOUR.

Right of the bat, images seems to be less sharp, a bit on the blurry side .... had the oppurtunity to use a MED500X a few months ago, however I did not see too big a difference between it's PQ and that of POPCORN HOUR.

AUDIO
Had also noticed that the receiver doesnt display the audio stream correctly ..... though had little time to tinker with the settings.  

Hope that SANJI releases FW improvements soon.
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2011 at 06:30 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #582 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 07:33 AM »

VIDEO
The MED300X seems to show an inferior PQ compared even to a 2-year old POPCORN HOUR.

Right of the bat, images seems to be less sharp, a bit on the blurry side .... had the oppurtunity to use a MED500X a few months ago, however I did not see too big a difference between it's PQ and that of POPCORN HOUR.

AUDIO
Had also noticed that the receiver doesnt display the audio stream correctly ..... though had little time to tinker with the settings.   

Hope that SANJI

will probably let go of my half a month old Med300x later this afternoon  ;D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #583 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 07:36 AM »
will probably let go of my half a month old Med300x later this afternoon  ;D

Same here bro. :) I will sell mine as well...brand new, excess gear as I am still happily using my Egreat! ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #584 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 07:42 AM »
Same here bro. :) I will sell mine as well...brand new, excess gear as I am still happily using my Egreat! ;D

brader might revert back to Egreat M32b. had a chance to use this model although not that long. hopefully it will be as reliable as my old M31b  ;D

Offline Lancito

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #585 on: Jan 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM »

VIDEO

AUDIO

Subjective siguro findings.  Coming from the HDX1000, wala naman masyado difference sa PQ and AQ ang MED300X.  Check ko ulit pero baka nagiging psychological lang.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #586 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 08:20 AM »
Eto na finally (DAW)

Hi All Mede8ers

The long awaited V4 is finally here.

This release has taken a lot longer than we had ever dreamed as we had huge SDK problems with V4 and had to change to a later SDK that also had its share of problems - We are pleased to announce that most problems are now resolved.  We think we now have a very fast and responsive release that is very stable under most conditions. We welcome you to try it and give us your feedback.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MED400X
Recommended for users who use HDMI audio http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED400X_MINI/MED400X_V4_INC_HD_AUDIO_25Jan2011.rar
http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED400X_MINI/MED400X_V4_INC_HD_AUDIO_25Jan2011.zip

Recommended for users who use SPDIF audio http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED400X_MINI/MED400X_V4_NO_HD_AUDIO_25Jan2011.rar
http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED400X_MINI/MED400X_V4_NO_HD_AUDIO_25Jan2011.zip

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MED500X
Recommended for users who use HDMI audio http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED500X/MED500X_V4_INC_HD_AUDIO_25Jan2011.rar
http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED500X/MED500X_V4_INC_HD_AUDIO_25Jan2011.zip

Recommended for users who use SPDIF audio http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED500X/MED500X_V4_NO_HD_AUDIO_25Jan2011.rar
http://www.mede8er.org/beta/Firmware_Final/MED500X/MED500X_V4_NO_HD_AUDIO_25Jan2011.zip

Update the Mede8er in the normal way via Emergency procedure

Emergency Installation Procedure

- Download the latest Firmware from the Mede8er website
 - Unrar / Unzip the file i.e. install.img
 - Copy this file to the root directory of a Flash Drive
 - Plug the flash drive into the Mede8er
 - Disconnect the power jack at the rear of the Mede8er then plug it back in
 - Now press the on/off button (on Mede8er unit - not remote) - keep it pressed in for 10 seconds and then release
 - The LED on the front fascia of the Mede8er with flash red-blue
 - You will get a progress bar on your TV display (some TV's will not display this)
 - Wait until the Mede8er re boots itself +/- 90 sec
 - Your Mede8er is now updated;
 - Re-boot once by pulling power and use as normal

xxxx WARNING - DO NOT REMOVE POWER DURING THE UPDATE PROCESS xxxxx

If you do not have you own Cover Art download the Demo http://www.mede8er.org/beta_2010/Mede8er_Video_Wall_demo_images.rar

xxxxxPLEASE READ -- THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT  USER GUIDE  uxxxxxxx http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/VIDEO_WALL_INSTRUCTIONS_V4_25jan2011.pdf

The Mede8er Web Remote full functionality is not 100% complete but many aspects can be used for demo purposes.
Switch on the Web Remote in the Setup menu Type the following in your browsers adress bar and change the your-mede8er-ip to the Mede8er actuall IP
     http://your-mede8er-ip:1024/

Changelog from V4beta5

1.   HD Audio problems fixed (DD+ hardware)
2.   AAC 6 ch HDMI Passthrough fixed
3.   PCM passthrough on SPDIF 
4.   Compressed MKV headers fixed
5.   Windows Live Essentials Network login fixed
6.   Samba network copy instability fixed
7.   Navigation crashing problem fixed
8.   Write and read support for USB hosted devices over Samba fixed
9.   .pls file Radio station support
10.  Video Wall Alpha Search added
11.  Video Wall Page Jump Added
12.  Video Wall Series view changed - Now supports long file names
13.  Video Wall GUI update
14.  Video Wall now reads USB HDD “name” – to eliminate paths being mixed up
15.  Video Wall support for BDISO files
16.  Music player loading time fixed
17.  Support ape audio files
18.  Support ape .cue files (beta support)
19.  Dummy folders on internal HDD fixed – removed
20.  Icelandic Language support
21.  LED inversion on MED400X
22.  Discreet “off” code added
23.  IP remote improved – still beta and waiting for extra functionality
24.  Improved WiFi Performance
25.  General Bug fixes

pls shoutcast radio staton shortcut samples  http://www.mede8er.org/artwork/temp/pls_samples.rar

Note: The Video Wall now uses the USB DrIve "name" so pls make sure that your USB drives is named and if you use more than one USB Drive make sure they have different names. This can be changed in Windows  --  My Computer  -- Drive   - Properties 

Mede8er1

Known Issues
* Flac .cue files support (SDK- Realtek)
* APE  .cue files support (SDK - Realtek)
* ID3 tags FLAC Audio (SDK - Realtek)
* BDMV over NFS ( SDK - Realtek)
* DD+ Hardware will not Passthrough to Core5.1 from HD Audio source on SPDIF (Awaiting Realtek)
   Workaround - Use the "No HD Audio Firmware Version"
* Screensaver flicker
* Long Playlist over 3000 songs
* Random Audio Play
* PPPoE bug (SDK- Realtek)

To unsubscribe from these announcements, login to the forum and uncheck "Receive forum announcements and important notifications by email." in your profile.

You can view the full announcement by following this link:

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php?topic=4275.0

Regards,
The Mede8er Forum Team.

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #587 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 08:28 AM »
Im using the V4 beta, received the email myself and downloading already the "stable" version daw ;D.  Fingers crossed ;)
ALA EH!!

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #588 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 07:30 PM »
the 4.0 beta looks good! seems to be stable enough

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 814
« Reply #589 on: Jan 26, 2011 at 10:14 PM »
I just updated to the 4.5 firmware. It went without a hitch! I was a bit worried reading the Mede8er forum about people not getting past the start-up screen after updating. The first improvement that I noticed compared to the original firmware of my unit (3.4) is there is no more popping/clicking noises when starting a movie. Picture quality seems to have improved by a little bit same thing with audio quality. I haven't read up on what to do with the Video Wall though so that new feature is still lost on me.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline CocoBoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Be Happy..............
  • Liked:
« Reply #590 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 05:38 AM »
Video wall is working already :D, set up last night. ran y2m without problems. great!
ALA EH!!

Offline RastaSega

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #591 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 10:11 AM »
guys magkano yung wifi dongle for mede8er?

meron bang alternative wifi dongle aside from yung mede8er mismo?

Offline reynold

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Now a Name... Soon a LEGEND!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #592 on: Jan 27, 2011 at 10:15 AM »
Wow, so far ok na ba, no major problems na lumalabas after upgrading your firmware mga brader?
 (takot pa ako mag-upgrade e... hehehe)
BenQ w1070+
51PSF5000
Onkyo 636
Musika
Minix U1
B&W 602 S3
Energy Spkrs
Onkyo Liverpool D200II

Offline spiro0426

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #593 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 05:49 AM »
Upgraded mine too, just beefing up my wallpaper..find it hard running YAMJ. So far its doing good for me, may kabagalan lang ng konti ang pag browse sa videowall.Photos and MP3 browsing is faster than before.

Offline XXXyzledge

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • NO more CEBU PACIFIC flights for me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #594 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 09:53 AM »
upgraded my fw too!!!

Cayin, RS1, Velo, QED, Bada         Sony4K, HK, B&W, SVS, Oppo, LaZboy....

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #595 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 10:01 AM »
Magkaka video wall ba mga 300X users?

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #596 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 10:09 AM »
upgraded my fw too!!!

Fixtures naman seatmate! ;D

Offline Eddie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #597 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 01:58 PM »
Magkaka video wall ba mga 300X users?

Hindi yata magkaka video wall ang 300X

Offline Lancito

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #598 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 02:39 PM »
Hindi yata magkaka video wall ang 300X

sayang naman....baduy.

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #599 on: Jan 28, 2011 at 05:20 PM »
Will upgrade and check out video wall, parang NMJ feature ni popcorn yan, good if you have static disk collection.

Sa NMJ kasi, its based on filename ang search nya, regardless of your folder container name nya so medjo takes a while to rename all files (but nothing a rename script cant do for you).

I hope sensitive si 500x to sense the folder name para mabilis yung fetch nya for the video wall... 

toy