Author Topic: Mede8er MED500x  (Read 196387 times)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Mede8er MED500x
« Reply #540 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 02:25 PM »
Hi Von!
With the A200, I simply press the BD folder and kung meron menu, it just comes out as pictured (Leona Lewis' 2010 concert at the O2).  Pero there are some pure BD rips na maski sa A200 won't be able to display the menus and special features even though those are all accessible and fully functional through the PC.  In that case, derecho nalang sa main feature and if I want to scan through the contents, I simply use time-seek.  Pero yung meron menus through the A200, even during playback, I just press the Menu button of the A200 remote then babalik sa Main Menu so I can select the scenes or the tracks, whichever the case may be.  I think I should let you try some pure BD rips with menus on your 300X sa February before you decide on the Popcorn   ;)  but yeah, I really like the way Popcorn handles pure BD rips.   ;)

Depending on your HDD model, the HDD may "nap" if you leave it idle for a while (as in toilet break). Kaya when you resume watching, there might be some lagging initially because the HDD would still be trying to fully wake up.  ;D

thanks Alan! will wait for February then  :) please PM me na lang if you have a scheduled trip back dito sa Phil  ;) I find the PQ of Med500x better than Med300x but this is subjective kasi don't have na the 500x with me and can't use the same TV to evaluate. Yung 300x kasi even if 1080p encode medyo parang grainy or not so refined yung picture. Considering 37" lang ang TV na gamit ko now, moreso if sa malaking TV ko ito kabit then this should be more evident. Sa PJ naman medyo nawala yung sharpness and medyo naging dull yung PQ  :( Will bring my 300x sa province this weekend to test and compare the PQ of 300x vs 500x  ;) The audio side is another story  ;D

Offline RU9

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #541 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 02:54 PM »
( Will bring my 300x sa province this weekend to test and compare the PQ of 300x vs 500x  ;) The audio side is another story  ;D

Please tell us more about the audio side, very interesting. 

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #542 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 03:23 PM »
ganyan din sa akin, most of the files na play ko shows 6channel sound  ??? but not on the receiver. although have tried playing a BD rip 40GB file and my receiver showed the correct Audio Display.

Hi, what AVR are you using? what type of files would only output stereo for HD audio?

And all of your full BD rips will bitstream the HD audio in full 5.1 or 7.1 surround correct?

Thanks.

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 806
« Reply #543 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 05:00 PM »
So is the 500X now on par with the 300X with regard to HD audio passthrough? It says here "Dolby True HD Passthrough / DTS MA Passthrough to Core 5.1"

http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_products_med500x.html

Is this due to a firmware update?
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Eddie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #544 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 05:25 PM »
So is the 500X now on par with the 300X with regard to HD audio passthrough? It says here "Dolby True HD Passthrough / DTS MA Passthrough to Core 5.1"

http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_products_med500x.html

Is this due to a firmware update?

From reading the line "DTS MA Passthrough to Core 5.1", it sounds like DTS MA will be downmixed to 5.1.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #545 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 05:29 PM »
From reading the line "DTS MA Passthrough to Core 5.1", it sounds like DTS MA will be downmixed to 5.1.

The wording is the same for the 300X:

http://www.mede8er.com/mede8er_products_med300x.html
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Eddie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #546 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 05:32 PM »
To: stickfighter

I think someone should report this in the official Mede8er forums. Audio was detected correctly. Output is wrong. Since the model is new, probably need to fix some more things on the firmware. Will just need some time to fix probably. :)

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #547 on: Jan 03, 2011 at 08:47 PM »
To: stickfighter

I think someone should report this in the official Mede8er forums. Audio was detected correctly. Output is wrong. Since the model is new, probably need to fix some more things on the firmware. Will just need some time to fix probably. :)

Thanks sir. :) I took your advice and registered in the Mede8er forum and posted my issue there. Once I get a solution, I will share it with everyone here. ;)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #548 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 12:01 AM »
I already got a reply from the Administrator of the Mede8er Forum. Please see below:

Hi stickfighter

Re your amp firstly these are the supported audio formats.

Dolby Digital-Decoder
Dolby Digital EX
Dolby Pro Logic II
96-kHz Processing (analogue/PCM)
DTS-Decoder
DTS Neo:6 Cinema & DTS-Neo:6 Music
DTS 96/24

So the amp does support normal Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1. Your issue is that the MED300X is not downmixing the True HD 5.1 to Core Dolby 5.1 or DTSMA 5.1 to Core DTS 5.1. We need to investigate this and get more information from Realtek. I personally think that this may be due to the fact that the licence has not yet been approved by Dolby / DTS to passthrough  to Core5.1 -- I will confirm asap. 

Mede8er1

Will post further updates on this issue...stay tuned! ;)

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #549 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 08:02 AM »
Hi, what AVR are you using? what type of files would only output stereo for HD audio?

I am using Onkyo AVR which is capable of decoding latest audio codecs. I think it is not a question of what type of file but rather how it is encoded. I might be wrong  ;)

And all of your full BD rips will bitstream the HD audio in full 5.1 or 7.1 surround correct?

yup this is true  :)

Thanks.

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #550 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 08:11 AM »
I already got a reply from the Administrator of the Mede8er Forum. Please see below:

Hi stickfighter

Re your amp firstly these are the supported audio formats.

Dolby Digital-Decoder
Dolby Digital EX
Dolby Pro Logic II
DTS-Decoder
DTS Neo:6 Cinema & DTS-Neo:6 Music
DTS 96/24

So the amp does support normal Dolby 5.1 and DTS 5.1. Your issue is that the MED300X is not downmixing the True HD 5.1 to Core Dolby 5.1 or DTSMA 5.1 to Core DTS 5.1. We need to investigate this and get more information from Realtek. I personally think that this may be due to the fact that the licence has not yet been approved by Dolby / DTS to passthrough  to Core5.1 -- I will confirm asap. 

Mede8er1

Will post further updates on this issue...stay tuned! ;)

salamat brader Martin for this. paki sali mo na din sa query yung display sa info screen that will show most often DTS 6 channel audio. i feel mayron talaga dapat improve sa software ng 300x. You only have two option sa Audio setting (DTS downmix & Passthrough) yet kahit naka passthrough mayron pa din sound lumalabas sa flatpanel ko, well not unless kaya decode ng TV ko yung DTS  ;)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #551 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 08:45 AM »
salamat brader Martin for this. paki sali mo na din sa query yung display sa info screen that will show most often DTS 6 channel audio. i feel mayron talaga dapat improve sa software ng 300x. You only have two option sa Audio setting (DTS downmix & Passthrough) yet kahit naka passthrough mayron pa din sound lumalabas sa flatpanel ko, well not unless kaya decode ng TV ko yung DTS  ;)

No problem brader Von! Once I get a reply on this issue, I will share it here as well. ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #552 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 08:50 AM »
... You only have two option sa Audio setting (DTS downmix & Passthrough) yet kahit naka passthrough mayron pa din sound lumalabas sa flatpanel ko, well not unless kaya decode ng TV ko yung DTS  ;)

Hi Von. The A200 behaves the same way and I actually love the convenience.  I can switch between the stereo TV speakers and the HT speakers without changing any settings or pausing the playback as the sound output is simultaneously.  It's simply a matter of muting the TV sound. I like that because during late night, I don't have to turn-on the amp at all and my TV's built-in speaker system is decent, hence no concern about possible neighbor and sleeping relatives' outrage - hehehe.  Don't you find that audio feature nice?

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #553 on: Jan 04, 2011 at 12:53 PM »
Hi Von. The A200 behaves the same way and I actually love the convenience.  I can switch between the stereo TV speakers and the HT speakers without changing any settings or pausing the playback as the sound output is simultaneously.  It's simply a matter of muting the TV sound. I like that because during late night, I don't have to turn-on the amp at all and my TV's built-in speaker system is decent, hence no concern about possible neighbor and sleeping relatives' outrage - hehehe.  Don't you find that audio feature nice?

Hi Alan, yup it is actually very convenient to just switch from your AVR to your TV without doing any adjustments. I am just puzzled why they have to place 2 channel downmix in the audio setting option if puwede din naman mag play yung passthrough option. Baka nasanay lang ako sa Egreat that you always have to change the settings  ;D Sa Med500x mas madami option sa setting while sa 300x dalawa lang option sa Audio (2 channel downmix or Passthrough).

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #554 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 04:59 PM »
Anong setting ninyo if you want audio sound to come out from the TV?

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #555 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 08:07 PM »
Anong setting ninyo if you want audio sound to come out from the TV?

sa Med300x even if bitstream/passthrough mayron na lumalabas na sound sa TV. Congrats ikaw pala nanalo ng raffle na Iron Man 2 BD  ;)

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #556 on: Jan 05, 2011 at 08:22 PM »
Just got my MED500X this evening. Haven't watched much yet but with the limited time that I did it seems that my LG BD550 has a better picture quality when playing movies from my external hard drive (but it's very choosy and won't play a few files). The picture quality seems slightly softer with the Mede8er.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #557 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 12:06 AM »
It turns out that the files that refused to play in my LG BD550 also don't play in the Mede8er. So I guess it's not that choosy after all. Maybe these files have that "header compression" thing.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #558 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 06:38 AM »
Just got my MED500X this evening. Haven't watched much yet but with the limited time that I did it seems that my LG BD550 has a better picture quality when playing movies from my external hard drive (but it's very choosy and won't play a few files). The picture quality seems slightly softer with the Mede8er.

Check mo muna yun default settings. Baka it needs to be adjusted.

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #559 on: Jan 06, 2011 at 12:30 PM »
Another thing that I noticed, when watching movies through the Med500X (HDMI Passthrough) my Onkyo lights up "Audyssey Dyanamic EQ" and the bass is exaggerated. I have to revert my LFE level to the setting dictated by Audyssey (-10 db) which in the past I always had to add 4-5 db.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #560 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 06:52 AM »
was playing pure BD rips last night (Transformers 2, HP 6, GI Joe). ang masasabi ko kaunting panahon na lang makikita ninyo na sa Market Place na binebenta ko itong Med300x minus the HDD  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2011 at 06:53 AM by vtec3 »

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #561 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 07:19 AM »
was playing pure BD rips last night (Transformers 2, HP 6, GI Joe). ang masasabi ko kaunting panahon na lang makikita ninyo na sa Market Place na binebenta ko itong Med300x minus the HDD  ;D

Hi Bro Vtec3,

Currently on the market for a media player,
can you PM me your inputs and opinion regarding Mede8er...

Appreciate it very much,...

ABC

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
« Reply #562 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 07:58 AM »

How was the Med300x with those pure stuff Von?  Good morning!

Watched lots of pure BD concerts with the A200 last night.  Awesome tupperware!  Hehehe

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #563 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 08:37 AM »

Baket brader Von...please share your experience naman with us. :)

Offline Eddie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #564 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 05:06 PM »
No problem brader Von! Once I get a reply on this issue, I will share it here as well. ;D

Buti pa si stickfighter masipag magtanong hehehe

Offline Eddie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #565 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 05:19 PM »
It turns out that the files that refused to play in my LG BD550 also don't play in the Mede8er. So I guess it's not that choosy after all. Maybe these files have that "header compression" thing.

If you think it's a header compression problem:
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,3392.0.html

If it's a real problem with playback, you can submit a sample file:
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,3703.0.html

Offline Conan

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #566 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 05:54 PM »
If you think it's a header compression problem:
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,3392.0.html

If it's a real problem with playback, you can submit a sample file:
http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,3703.0.html

Thanks! I'll give it a try.  :)
Polk Audio Reserve R200
Cambridge CXA60

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #567 on: Jan 08, 2011 at 07:08 PM »
How was the Med300x with those pure stuff Von?  Good morning!

Watched lots of pure BD concerts with the A200 last night.  Awesome tupperware!  Hehehe

with 300x the difference between pure BD rips and original BD is night and day  :( hope it is just the settings but really even my wife who does not really care much about the PQ and AQ noticed it  :(

viewed HP6 and GI Joe BD rips which I got from you, yung opening ng HP6 nawala/nabawasan yung low freq and the surround effect. during the bridge scene ang tingin ko para lang ako ng watch ng HBO  :( The same is true with GI Joe during the first encounter scene para lang ulit ako nag watch sa HBO  :( well I might be exageratting but probably I just expect a lot more. With Egreat kasi I am satisfied na with watching just the BD rip and keep the BD counterpart sealed, but if I will keep this Med300x baka mabukas ko lahat ng BDs ko  :(

one thing sure is it is really capable audio passthrough because I can see Dolby TrueHd and DTS Master Audio sa receiver ko. I can see it but I can not hear it  :(

watched Shakira not BD rip but felt AQ is still lacking lalo na yung Jim Brickman parang mono lang ang sound. Ganda sana dapat ng piano and violin but really so frustrated because of the AQ.

Baket brader Von...please share your experience naman with us. :)

upgrade mo yung Med300x to Med500x or keep your Egreat  ;) tried tweaking the settings pero ganun pa din  :( i feel software problem ito and will be corrected by a firmware update in the future. Well the reason why I got this model is because of the audio passthrough and cant wait for the firmware update for Med500x. I surely might not have the patience to wait for this if ever I am right with my assessment na software problem lang ito.

Again, let me please clariffy to the other members who might be reading this post. Hindi po ako guru and personal opinion ko lang po ito  ;) i have spoken with one member dito sa forum and he did not notice any dip in PQ and AQ sa Med300x niya. This person I am sure is a lot more capable of doing a review with this particular model. So please audition ninyo muna. May maganda setting din pala dito sa Med300x you can view either Thumbnail, Preview or List sa Med500x wala nito  ;D

May kausap na ako sa 15th of this month hopefully at that time naka Med500x na ako. If this deal does not materialize malamang na A-200 ang kapalit. Otherwise di na lang ako muna manood using NMT  ;D

Offline Eddie

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #568 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 02:26 PM »
For those who would like to try / beta test 500X's new firmware. But you need to register to see the page.

http://www.mede8erforum.com/index.php/topic,3714.0.html

What's new?

- 3 Level folder support on Video Wall
- Compressed MKV headers now supported
- Discreet "power off" code for learning remotes
- Support Dolby True HD and DTS MA passthrough - DD+ hardware

Offline firestorm

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #569 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 02:49 PM »

with 300x the difference between pure BD rips and original BD is night and day  :( hope it is just the settings but really even my wife who does not really care much about the PQ and AQ noticed it  :(

viewed HP6 and GI Joe BD rips which I got from you, yung opening ng HP6 nawala/nabawasan yung low freq and the surround effect. during the bridge scene ang tingin ko para lang ako ng watch ng HBO  :( The same is true with GI Joe during the first encounter scene para lang ulit ako nag watch sa HBO  :( well I might be exageratting but probably I just expect a lot more. With Egreat kasi I am satisfied na with watching just the BD rip and keep the BD counterpart sealed, but if I will keep this Med300x baka mabukas ko lahat ng BDs ko  :(

one thing sure is it is really capable audio passthrough because I can see Dolby TrueHd and DTS Master Audio sa receiver ko. I can see it but I can not hear it  :(

watched Shakira not BD rip but felt AQ is still lacking lalo na yung Jim Brickman parang mono lang ang sound. Ganda sana dapat ng piano and violin but really so frustrated because of the AQ.

upgrade mo yung Med300x to Med500x or keep your Egreat  ;) tried tweaking the settings pero ganun pa din  :( i feel software problem ito and will be corrected by a firmware update in the future. Well the reason why I got this model is because of the audio passthrough and cant wait for the firmware update for Med500x. I surely might not have the patience to wait for this if ever I am right with my assessment na software problem lang ito.

Again, let me please clariffy to the other members who might be reading this post. Hindi po ako guru and personal opinion ko lang po ito  ;) i have spoken with one member dito sa forum and he did not notice any dip in PQ and AQ sa Med300x niya. This person I am sure is a lot more capable of doing a review with this particular model. So please audition ninyo muna. May maganda setting din pala dito sa Med300x you can view either Thumbnail, Preview or List sa Med500x wala nito  ;D

May kausap na ako sa 15th of this month hopefully at that time naka Med500x na ako. If this deal does not materialize malamang na A-200 ang kapalit. Otherwise di na lang ako muna manood using NMT  ;D

Hi, when you say pure BD rips ito yun mga 30-40+GB in size and in BDMV folders right? So when playing this pure BD rips using the Med300x malayo ang difference compared to original Bluray disc played on your Bluray player. Ano pala gamit mong bluray player?

You're planning to get a Med500x this month so no software problem for this model?

Thanks.