Author Topic: Popcorn Hour A-200! Jukebox, Apps Market, Torrent Downloader,3D,Facebook  (Read 156448 times)

Offline scifi-fan

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 42
Do not leave your video output on auto

Go to setup > audio video and set the video output to the highest resolution you tv supports

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Another case:

The A200 reports Region Locked BD yet the same pure BD rip plays fine on a PC (TMT3).  Any workaround on this?

I came across the shareware Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 from Slysoft.   Any feedback on this?

BTW, it appears to me that playback of pure BD rips became "light" (no stuttery scenes) ever since the latest FW update, but I have yet to test extensively...and for whatever reason, TrueHD sound quality seems to be better (in terms of details) than DTS-HDMA..hehe

Thanks

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Pleased to inform that Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 works like a charm.   So far it's 100% effective (although there is a disclaimer that it may not work all the time)

As it is, no more region coding issues for my A200.   ;D

Another interesting thing discovered.  Certain full BDs (rips) will only look best when the A200 is set to 1080p/24Hz.  I encountered a title that surprisingly sucked in terms of PQ (jaggedy edges) and the subs were unreadable.  My A200 was set to 1080p/60Hz.  Changed it to 24Hz and voila - perfectly high definition image including the subs.

Question is, what if the HDTV/monitor does not support 1080p/24Hz?  Player side is not a problem as most makers and brands can be set to 1080p/24Hz.
« Last Edit: Jun 08, 2011 at 09:49 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Pleased to inform that Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 works like a charm.   So far it's 100% effective (although there is a disclaimer that it may not work all the time)

As it is, no more region coding issues for my A200.   ;D

Yahoo! Quick question- Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 work on BDMV file structure and *.Iso pure rips?
toy

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Yahoo! Quick question- Blu-ray Region Code Remover 2.5 work on BDMV file structure and *.Iso pure rips?

Havent tried on *.iso as all the BD-ISO in my drives are region free already.  Tried and confirmed to be actually working on BDMV Structures...very easy and only a few seconds of PC operation.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Havent tried on *.iso as all the BD-ISO in my drives are region free already.  Tried and confirmed to be actually working on BDMV Structures...very easy and only a few seconds of PC operation.

Many thanks brader! great time savings as i've been looking for a way to move em. I'll try sa ISO din :)
toy

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
And you can store adobo on this baby as well.   :D  No more stutters at all on BDs (that used to before BD-J capability was enabled).  There's practically nothing you can't play on this device (I've read some feedback that this particular trilogy can crash some PC configurations).

« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2011 at 12:32 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline GTdiver

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Sir Ert,

I'm about to get my first NMT and main purpose will be for 3D viewing . My choice has been narrowed to the PCH a210 or 200 and 1(X) other brand na lang. Your brochure states that PCH is the only media player with Full 3D. Can you please enlighten me on this?

Why is this so? The other media players can also play 3D..

PCH is also using HDMi 1.3 therefore making it no different from the other media player.

Will PCH offer a deeper 3D experience than the others? How? Its the same cable?

Sorry for the questions, just want to be sure on my purchase.

Thanks

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I saw totally blank screen on the plasma when I tested full SBS 3D contents via the A200...but that was way before the recent FW update.  Masubok nga ulit dahil baka lumabas na ang picture..hehe - could be a possibility because all pure BD stutters were gone after BD-J was enabled - full bitrate/full resolution HD video and audio are apparently not a problem after all.    so baka sakaling kayanin ang full SBS, T&B, FS na, who knows - although baka hindi talaga puede ang HDMI 1.3.

What other media players are confirmed to be capable of playing half-SBS 3D other than the PCH?

In any case, if your main purpose of buying a media player is for 3D viewing, then your available and downloadable 3D contents are very limited.  So kung primarily 3D player ang gusto mo, just get the cheapest player in the market.  Tiyakin mo lang na kaya talagang i-play maski half SBS 3D man lang - kaya as in kayang ipag-STITCH yung dalawang video frames to create a single 3D image dahil kahit anong player, I think kayang mag-produce ng literally side by side images.  hehe.  Another possibility is that perhaps you simply switch your 3D manually to 3D mode - probably it's that straightforward for half SBS.  Full SBS is a different level of beast in terms of processing requirement.

Pero kung full BD playback ang usapan, Sigma lang ang choice mo.

« Last Edit: Jun 20, 2011 at 04:49 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline GTdiver

• Collector
  • Liked:
I doubt if it can play full 3D because its only 1080p. Which is why i'm wondering..

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
I doubt if it can play full 3D because its only 1080p. Which is why i'm wondering..

I doubt if any make or model of current gen media players can actually play full SBS, full Top & Bottom, full Frame Sequential, full whatevah...hehe

On the other hand, go check on SWEMUX.  That guy can make wonders with his full 1080p 3D encodes - that is, he has managed to make his 3D work so much hardware friendlier than other prime 3D encoders.  But his encodes require proper stereoscopic player as there are literally 2 files that have to be played simultaneously to produce the 3D image. So how would the NMT handle 2 files?

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
There is still a chance though...

I'm reading up on these new Passive 3D TVs from LG that use circular polarization instead of the usual active 3D using shutter glasses.

If what I read is correct a Passive 3D can fit in a single 1080p stream by splitting the vertical resolution in 2.

Again medyo technical but that's how movie theaters implement 3D (real 3D).

Offline GTdiver

• Collector
  • Liked:
Then the other NMTs can do it as well cause all are 1080p and HDMI 1.3?

Offline joshwachubby

• Collector
  • Liked:
To sci-fi,

Is there any mention of any FW update regarding multiple network sharing?? :) this has been talked about since 2008 as I searched the net. mediatank forum. I hope this is brought up with the PCH/SYABAS staff.

Thanks!
Toshiba 55XL700E
Onkyo TX-NR708
Polk Audio RTi A7's, CSi A6's, FXi A4's; DSW PRO 500 Subwoofer

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
So far nothing yet.

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 480
Ano kaya problema ng a200 ko? Minsan pag sinasaksak ko sa outlet, ayaw mag-on. Paglipat ko sa ibang outlet, ok na.

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2660
Ano kaya problema ng a200 ko? Minsan pag sinasaksak ko sa outlet, ayaw mag-on. Paglipat ko sa ibang outlet, ok na.

yung sa inlaws ko parang ganyan din. loose adaptor
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 480
Ah ok, thanks!

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Anyone else faced the CINAVIA wall on the latest full BD releases?  What's the work-around under Full BD Navigation? 

Simple BD Mode seems to be able to workaround CINAVIA, but Simple BD Mode could be problematic if the full BD is seamless-branching type.

Offline suavegabe

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
^what title has that? latest I have is Amazing Spiderman and it's playing flawless without CINAVIA.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Spider-man has NO CINAVIA kaya no problem.  Try mo any title na verified with CINAVIA - Expendables 2 for instance - CINAVIA + Seamless Branching.

^what title has that? latest I have is Amazing Spiderman and it's playing flawless without CINAVIA.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi Allan,

sa ISO and sa BDMV,  how can we tell if its Simple Navigation BD lite or Full Menu multibranch navigation? there a tool we can use?

TIA
toy

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
You can use Windows Explorer (I dont know the equivalent sa iMac) to browse through the contents of the Stream Folder under BDMV.  If there is only 1 very huge m2ts file that most likely contains the entire feature length, then that should be easily playable under both Simple BD or Full BD Nav.  If there are like bazillions and gazillions of m2ts files in numbered sequence, that's seamless branching.  OK lang sana if the movie is divided into sooooo many small m2ts files in a regular number sequence, but if patalon-talon ang numbering, then it's possible that the sequence of scenes will be messed up under Simple BD - in which case, kailangan ng Full BD Nav in order to access the correct Playlist.  Kaso, enabling Full BD Nav also means enabling all sorts of protection on the BD - Region Lock, Cinavia, Playlist Lock, among others - which in most previous cases, are effectively bypassed via Simple BD mode.

Sa Full BD ISO, I dont know because all my Full BDs are in BDMV Structure.  Perhaps there is some sort of "ISO-Exploder" utility so that you can analyze the contents of ISO container.  But the thing is, I notice that all Full 3D BDs are in single ISO naman - makes sense because you basically have 2 video streams played simultaneously, hence I imagine having 2 BDMV Structures for the left and right eye would be rather complicated.  Ive got the 3DBDs but not the appropriate player and TV so I dont know if some Full 3DBDs (in ISO) are also CINAVIA'd. 

With regard to PCH playback, there is BD Nav Setting within the SETTINGS.  Initially, I set it to Full BD Nav but then I realized there are films or contents where I simply want to go straight sa main movie without bothering to know the Special Features.  Thus my BD Nav setting is PROMPT -  meaning everytime I play a Full BD, the PCH asks me if I want to play via Simple BD (which is quite faster to load), or Full BD Nav.  I also noticed that there are Full BD rips that would only play perfectly (the main movie I mean) EITHER by Simple BD OR by Full BD Nav, but not both, hence, it's convenient to be able to select between the two playback/nav modes on every Full BD.  In the end I think the determining factor is still the ripped BD itself.

sa ISO and sa BDMV,  how can we tell if its Simple Navigation BD lite or Full Menu multibranch navigation? there a tool we can use?
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2012 at 01:09 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
OT.  Brilliant guys can workaround Cinavia by fixing the playlist.  Bright!!!

Offline Kobe Bryant

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
OT: my PCH-A200 hasn't been used since like it's been bought because of several NMTs inside the house like Mede8er, iXtreamer and TViX. I'm letting it go already now for 7,000 only with complete packaging. Less than 1 year old. SMS me at 0917-5365394 if you want it.

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
So happy with the online community support that i wanted to post. My old cdrking wifi broke down so i got another. I didn't realize that the new adapter had a different chipset and was not supported by the pch. Got online through the community forums and one guy compiled his own drivers and shared it via web. Got it working now and the speed is faster than before. I was also notified of a new fw that fixes some other bugs on the pch. Now that's what after sales support should be. Community support and a number of people owning a device really helps in getting the most out of our purchases.

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Anyone have had problems reading the contents of an external WD MyBook 3TB USB3.0 on their A200 or A210?  I just can't make it work on my units but my laptop confirms that the said external is OK.

I just noticed this last night as I have been using that 3TB MyBook exclusively on a laptop since Aug 2013 and it is actually my first 3TB MyBook.  2TB WD externals appear OK including Passport.  3TB external Buffalo is also OK.

Is there any workaround on this? - other than trashing that darn WD 3TB case and taking out the HDD inside?  hehehe

Thanks!

Offline scifi-fan

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
AFAIK, you will have to create 2 partitions. the 200 series cannot access any partition greater than 2TB.

Offline CMac

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 82
Use wdformatter. Only downside is that xp cannot recognize it.
Edit: Wd quick formatter
« Last Edit: Jan 13, 2014 at 01:58 PM by Setsuko »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
anyone knows where to buy remote control for a200? Tia..
The Pats way...