Author Topic: General HD S-3D News  (Read 83799 times)

Online dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
Re: General HD S-3D News
« Reply #90 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 12:48 PM »
What are the sizes of the TVs sir? Do you have a pic of the IR emitter? or integrated na sa tv?

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #91 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 03:01 PM »
Pre-selling starts today at GB4 Avant Abenson. Promo period April 21-May 15. The Samsung 3D LED TV UA-40C7000 (40") at SRP P169,900 at 0% 12mths payment.

It comes with a free Samsung 3D Blu-ray player BD-C6900 + two 3D glasses + Monster vs Aliens 3D BD disc
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2010 at 03:02 PM by pchin »

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 03:15 PM »

nice Paul, but at 40" I think its expensive huh

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 03:26 PM »
Yup Luther, it's indeed very mahal for a 40" display size. The manufacturer is taking advantage of the new tech & selling them at a high premium. Can't afford it at the moment...will have to wait for a few years & hopefully it'll be more reasonable by then. :-[ 

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #94 on: Apr 21, 2010 at 03:35 PM »
What are the sizes of the TVs sir? Do you have a pic of the IR emitter? or integrated na sa tv?

What pchin said. That's the size of the one I took a pic of (the first photo).

I also think it's too expensive, even if it's at the same price level as our Southeast Asian neighbors (according to the PR rep). And so far, it's only Monsters Vs. Aliens that is available in 3D locally. Other movies will follow, surely, but it'll be slow.

The IR emitter is integrated in the TV. There are two models of glasses. One is USB charged and the other makes use of a watch battery. Both can go for reportedly 4-6 hours.
« Last Edit: Apr 21, 2010 at 03:39 PM by Dan »

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 03:42 PM »
I just hope it can get much cheaper soon or else this steep tag price will shoo away potential adopters, another reason for 3D to fail once again. The battery life of the 3D glasses is another letdown 4 to 6 hrs. is very short compared to my 3D vision glasses w/c can stay up to 40-60 hrs. Thanks for the FR.

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 04:46 PM »
The battery life of the 3D glasses is another letdown 4 to 6 hrs. is very short compared to my 3D vision glasses w/c can stay up to 40-60 hrs. Thanks for the FR.

Whoa...I'm already complaining when I need to recharge my cell phone every 48 hours. ;D The frequent recharging is indeed inconvenient to the consumers. It should operate in similar situation as your 3D vision glasses. Then again the seller might argue there is only one available 3D movie & last about 2 hours so 4-6 hours are plenty to play with. ;D

With the high price & lack of 3D contents will discourage many consumers.

The IR on my glasses kept de-syncing as it struggled to choose which screen to sync with even when I kept focus on just one screen.

It seems the glasses is really problematic. When the glasses de-syncing, what's the effect? I presume it would distract your enjoyment while watching the 3D demo, another big let down.  :-[ Well, hopefully after 3 years the 3D tech will mature & better technolgy will be introduced to solve all the above issues (provided it can survive that long). :-X

With the 3D genesis & constant evolution, I feel it's very risky to enter into 3D world now unless of course we have lots of dough to burn. ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2010 at 04:52 PM by pchin »

Offline Dan

• Trade Count: (+133)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 217
« Reply #97 on: Apr 22, 2010 at 06:46 PM »

It seems the glasses is really problematic. When the glasses de-syncing, what's the effect? I presume it would distract your enjoyment while watching the 3D demo, another big let down.  :-[ Well, hopefully after 3 years the 3D tech will mature & better technolgy will be introduced to solve all the above issues (provided it can survive that long). :-X

The de-synching only happened since there were three screens in front of us. That's not a problem of the TVs themselves  ;D just the ill-preparation of the PR people handling the event.

If you have just one 3DTV in front of you, I'm sure it won't be a problem. As an aside, the de-synch effect was the glasses flickering and the monitors going back to a "double-image" effect. But re-synching was pretty fast, just turn away and turn back to the monitor again.

By the way, if anyone's interested (and I don't know exactly which thread to post this), I was at the launch of Nvidia's newest SKUs today -- the GT470 and GT480. I spoke to the Nvidia country representative and he said that the 3D vision glasses (and 120hz monitors for the PC) will be widely available to the country this year.

The 120hz monitors will be supplied by Samsung. But Nvidia 3D vision and Samsung's 3DTVs use completely different technologies, so don't expect one pair of glasses to work on both screens.

Offline Clondalkin

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Tea the gift of life...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #98 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 01:28 AM »
Pretty impressed with Panasonic's 3D plasma that started selling today in Tokyo.  Pero nasobrahan yata ako sa demo because I had a headache on the train ride home.

Offline pchin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 06:26 AM »
The de-synching only happened since there were three screens in front of us. That's not a problem of the TVs themselves  ;D just the ill-preparation of the PR people handling the event.

If you have just one 3DTV in front of you, I'm sure it won't be a problem. As an aside, the de-synch effect was the glasses flickering and the monitors going back to a "double-image" effect. But re-synching was pretty fast, just turn away and turn back to the monitor again.

I see, tnx Dan. This is an expensive product & they can't even launch it properly. Their ill-preparation may discourage some potential consumers.  ;D

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 09:17 AM »
They should show the same program/demo on multiple 3D HDTVs and de-synching would not be an issue.  Or the battery of their glasses/emitters could be low already?

Before the actual demos, I thought the field of view would be affected somehow by wearing glasses and/or the 3D image per se.  Im glad I was wrong - although they have to find a technical solution to the general effect in color saturation by the "darkened" glass.

The Viera 3D plasma is supposed to be compatible with various 3D techs (Frame Sequential, Side By Side and Top & Bottom among others).  I wonder which would produce the best 3D.

Among the demos I watched, the beach volleyball butts are the most interesting in terms of potential (and imagination).   ;D..as for animations - not really impressive as we are so used to CG in the first place.  Iba talaga kapag totoong tao or bagay as it really felt like looking into a glass window.  The bunker shot by the most famous Japanese golfer at the moment was pretty nice sandblast flying slowly out of the TV and towards your face.    Paano kaya kukunan yon?   ;D

Very nice 1st gen plasma nonetheless.  I hope Sony's 3D LCD in June would be equally impressive.  An excellent method of 3D delivery can now be brought to the living room already albeit 54V still felt kinda small for 3D.
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2010 at 09:24 AM by Clondalkin »

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 02:03 PM »

I see, tnx Dan. This is an expensive product & they can't even launch it properly. Their ill-preparation may discourage some potential consumers.  ;D

hehe lame marketing, they should've just positioned the 3 TVs back to back.

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Apr 24, 2010 at 02:17 PM »
Among the demos I watched, the beach volleyball butts are the most interesting in terms of potential (and imagination).   ;D..as for animations - not really impressive as we are so used to CG in the first place.  Iba talaga kapag totoong tao or bagay as it really felt like looking into a glass window.  The bunker shot by the most famous Japanese golfer at the moment was pretty nice sandblast flying slowly out of the TV and towards your face.    Paano kaya kukunan yon?   ;D

I have a similar 3D demo, its a car skidding through a gravel bed road. Its pretty impressive as if the stones are coming out of the screen and hit my face. Being shot by 2 cameras, I'm not sure if they can use a zoom feature w/ that.

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #103 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 11:15 AM »
Pre-selling starts today at GB4 Avant Abenson. Promo period April 21-May 15. The Samsung 3D LED TV UA-40C7000 (40") at SRP P169,900 at 0% 12mths payment.

It comes with a free Samsung 3D Blu-ray player BD-C6900 + two 3D glasses + Monster vs Aliens 3D BD disc

Singapore stores have a similar offer like this, but you'll be getting a 46" for P160k already. After getting a first demo last weekend, I'm now in love with 3D  :)  But would you really recommend to wait instead of buying now? Anyway, my current plan is to wait for my other installments to end by September first  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2010 at 11:16 AM by RNIverson »

Offline Clondalkin

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 01:52 PM »
Puro 1st gen palang naman ang mostly demo materials.  So personally, I have no problem waiting for contents to be more abundantly available.  Maski sa Tokyo BS 11 would only start limited 3D broadcast sa May, and there's nothing much 3D to watch at home yet.  However, it would be interesting to watch 2010 World Cup in 3D assuming such broadcast would be made available in your area.

And I would be interested to see first the quality of 3D image that Sony can produce.  Sa June 2010 pa yon.

Nga pala, how is the color saturation of the Samsung 3D LED-LCD?  The plasma 3D image really looked like a smooth glass

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2010 at 02:06 PM by Clondalkin »

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2385
« Reply #105 on: Apr 26, 2010 at 09:46 PM »
3d is just not for me. I get dizzy all the time. I'm pretty weak on this kind of stuff :(,

Btw I was watching bloomberg news one time and it says 3d causes an attack. I don't remember if its stroke, seizure or something in that nature. I will try to google it. ;D

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Apr 27, 2010 at 09:19 AM »
Was only able to wear the glasses for a minute, and first thing I noticed is that the picture is dimmer and the so-called double edges are barely noticeable. BTW, does this mean an AVR upgrade also for 3D?  :-X

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Apr 28, 2010 at 11:27 AM »
3d is just not for me. I get dizzy all the time. I'm pretty weak on this kind of stuff :(,

Btw I was watching bloomberg news one time and it says 3d causes an attack. I don't remember if its stroke, seizure or something in that nature. I will try to google it. ;D

Medical experts say people w/ eye problem suffer from the effects you mentioned, brader Ray.

". . . Are you or your kid wondering what everyone is oohing and aahing about when watching the Avatar 3D movie or other 3-D films? Or does 3D viewing cause you or someone you know to experience headaches, stomachaches, motion sickness, confusion, or boredom...?

In order to view 3D stereo images (in 3-D movies, 3-D posters, pictures, books, etc.) you must have two eyes that work together simultaneously as a coordinated team. Two working eyes are definitely required! Check your equipment before continuing.

Looking in the mirror to make sure you have two eyes and that they are both open at the same time is NOT an adequate inspection of your 3D viewing equipment. If you are having trouble seeing 3D, this might mean that you have problems with your binocular (two-eyed) vision or stereo vision (3D vision)."

http://www.vision3d.com/whycant.html

So, S3D is really not for everybody you got to do some serious eye check first before investing on this amazing tech.  :)

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Apr 28, 2010 at 11:55 AM »
Was only able to wear the glasses for a minute, and first thing I noticed is that the picture is dimmer and the so-called double edges are barely noticeable. BTW, does this mean an AVR upgrade also for 3D?  :-X

Yes sir, its darker by 40-50% LED 3D TVs or high lumens projectors are more advisable 3D displays.

3D A/VR upgrade is not a must right now. Most 3D Tvs that was launched still use HDMI 1.3, what I do is connect  directly the player to my display using HDMI(player to TV) and use optical cable for 5.1 sound(player to A/VR). I just dont know when PS3 3D firmware arrives if I can use the same setup.

Btw, my A/VR doesnt recognize the 3D signal coming from the player when I tried to connect it using the HDMI cable.

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Apr 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM »
Toshiba announces a glasses-less 3D TV

JAPANESE ELECTRONICS MAKER Toshiba has unveiled a 3D HDTV that doesn't require viewers to wear glasses.

Toshiba's mobile display division has built the 21-inch auto-stereoscopic high-definition display using the same technology that will power Nintendo's upcoming 3D handheld. The only difference is that Toshiba's display uses it on much bigger screen real estate.

Toshiba's technology uses an integral imaging system called a "light field" display to create 3D without glasses over a thirty degree viewing angle.

The 3D effect without glasses is done using a "multi-parallax" method. This reduces eye fatigue and makes the 3D image change depending on where the viewer is placed while watching the screen.

The display supports a 1280x800 widescreen with 480 cd/m2 brightness. Toshiba claims its built-in lens sheet controls luminosity to make its brightness on a par with normal 2D screens.

Toshiba always seems happy to announce its research and development prototypes to the public so we doubt this is anywhere near ready for sale yet. There seems to be no release information available anywhere and we expect that Toshiba will be getting this one re-badged by OEMs. µ

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Apr 28, 2010 at 09:14 PM »
PS3 3D Firmware Update . . . Out Now!

An update to the PS3™ system software was released on April 22, 2010. You can use this update to upgrade your system software to version 3.30.

PlayStation®NetworkMain features in system software update version 3.30

■ Support for 3D stereoscopic games
3D stereoscopic games are now supported
As of April 22 2010, there are no 3D stereoscopic games available for the PlayStation®3 system. The release schedules for 3D stereoscopic games will be announced later.

Connect the PS3™ system to a TV that supports 3D stereoscopic display using an HDMI cable.

If the TV in use supports 3D stereoscopic display, the screen from which you can set the TV size will be displayed when adjusting the video output settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to adjust the settings.

http://asia.playstation.com/sg/en/support/osUpdate/PS3
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2010/04/22/firmware-3-30-features-hidden-extras/#more-81008

. . . now give us the games. ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2010 at 09:19 PM by dts-HD 3D »

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 12:22 AM »
Denon's Got 3D Blu-ray Players, Too

There may be few 3D Blu-rays available now, but come June/August when both the DBP-1611UD and DBP-2011UDCI are released, the situation should be looking up. Both players can handle 3D Blu-rays, as well as CD/DVD, SACD and DVD-Audio formats.

They're compatible with Netflix and YouTube streaming, and connect to the internet via Ethernet. 1GB storage capacity for downloading stuff from BD-Live, and Bonus View is of course supported. Both are DLNA 1.5-certified for audio/video/photo streaming.

In regards to differences between the two models, the DBP-2011UDCI has Anchor Bay Technologies' decoding Engine and Scalar technology, and Burr-Brown 32-Bit, 192-kHz Audio DACs for better quality HD audio. It can decode all HD audio formats from Dolby and DTS, and supports third-party controllers by way of the RS-232 port. I'm waiting to hear back from Denon as to further differences between the models.

Out in August, the DBP-2011UDCI will cost $799 and the DBP-1611UD will be more affordable at $399 when it hits in June.

Source: http://gizmodo.com/5525197/denons-got-3d-blu+ray-players-too
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2010 at 12:24 AM by dts-HD 3D »

Offline RNIverson

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 09:38 AM »
3D A/VR upgrade is not a must right now. Most 3D Tvs that was launched still use HDMI 1.3, what I do is connect  directly the player to my display using HDMI(player to TV) and use optical cable for 5.1 sound(player to A/VR)

Thanks for this info, no AVR upgrade means less gastos  ;D  Haven't tried connecting optical cable to AVR, I assume there'd be no difference in sq?

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 11:54 AM »
That I have to agree sir RNI  ;D  but eventually I believe we still have to upgrade to HDMI 1.4 when it becomes the standard I/O.

Yes, no difference Coaxial or optical cable they provide the same result for AC3 & DTS.

Offline eksi

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • I'm Arsenal!
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Apr 29, 2010 at 12:08 PM »

Yes, no difference Coaxial or optical cable they provide the same result for AC3 & DTS.

I agree po

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Apr 30, 2010 at 04:19 PM »
Panasonic Adds New, Larger 3D TVs To Line Up

Panasonic has finally announced more details as to what it has in store for the world of 3D TV, both here in the U.S. and in global markets.

Following the company's move to increase 3D TV production, the firm has revealed plans which include the release of larger 3D TVs in Japan, and the continued roll-out of their growing 3D plasma range on an international level.

International Plans

Panasonic's global plans now finally include launch dates for its Viera VT25 line. This comes after a succesfull demo of the 3D technology at numerous Best Buy stores and after their VT20 line sold out completely here in the U.S.

On May 3, Panasonic will ship its 50-inch and 54-inch VT25 models; the 50-inch model will cost $2,600, and the 54-inch will cost under $3,000. A month later in June, the company will roll-out two more models, in 58-inch and 65-inch sizes. These larger sets will naturally carry a larger price tag--the 58-inch Viera TC-P58VT25 will set you back just shy of $4,000, while the 65-inch TC-P65VT25 model will cost around $4,300.

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: May 02, 2010 at 04:09 PM »
ESPN 3D to show soccer, football, more

Sports broadcasting will enter a new dimension in 2010 ... the third dimension, as ESPN will unveil the industry's first 3-D network.

ESPN 3D will showcase a minimum of 85 live sporting events during its first year, beginning June 11 with the first 2010 FIFA World Cup match, featuring South Africa versus Mexico, ESPN and ABC Sports president George Bodenheimer announced.

Other events to be produced in 3-D include the 2011 BCS National Championship Game, college basketball and football contests, up to 25 World Cup matches and the Summer X Games. Additional events will be announced at a later date.

"ESPN's commitment to 3-D is a win for fans and our business partners," Bodenheimer said in a statement. "ESPN 3D marries great content with new technology to enhance the fan's viewing experience and puts ESPN at the forefront of the next big advance for TV viewing."

ESPN has been testing ESPN 3D for more than two years, even showing a USC-Ohio State college football game in select theaters and to 6,000 fans at the Galen Center on USC's campus.

"This is a turning point for 3-D," Consumer Electronics Association CEO Gary Shapiro told USA Today.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4796555

Offline rap2x

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: May 02, 2010 at 06:16 PM »
Very nice informations sir. :)

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: May 03, 2010 at 12:25 AM »
tenks sir bosing. ;D

Online dts-HD 3D

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: May 03, 2010 at 12:30 AM »
What you can watch on your 3D Blu-ray player: monsters, aliens, but not Avatar

Sony has announced that its animated comedy Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs will get a UK 3D Blu-ray release on 14 June. Sony is also re-releasing the motion-capture 2006 film Monster House and the computer-animated adventure Open Season (which was made in 2D) in the 3D Blu-ray format this year And Disney's motion-captured 3D film A Christmas Carol is slated to get the 3D Blu-ray treatment in the fourth quarter of 2010.

Meanwhile, 20th Century Fox will be bundling Ice Age 3D with the Panasonic Blu-ray player that is in store now – but it will not be available to buy separately until March 2011. Universal's Coraline also comes bundled with the Panasonic player, but that will be available separately from September.

So in the next 18 months or so, we should be seeing, among others: How to Train Your Dragon; Toy Story 3; Space Chimps 2; Shrek Forever After; Cats & Dogs: The Revenge Of Kitty Galore; Step Up; Piranha; Resident Evil: Afterlife; The Hole; Legend Of The Guardians; Saw VII; Jackass; Tron: Legacy; Yogi Bear; The Cabin in the Woods; Tangled; Drive Angry; Gnomeo & Juliet; Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II; Cars 2; The Smurfs; and Alvin And The Chipmunks 3 sitting on the shelves at HMV and Best Buy.

And yes, probably even a 3D version of Avatar.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2010/may/02/3d-blu-ray-player-avatar