Author Topic: Help with problem setting room up | PC to LCDTV + Non-HDMI Receiver  (Read 574 times)

Offline j0hans0n

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • _____ally-challenged =|
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Hello pdvd, I've been a lurker since 2007. Now, I'm fixing my room up since i just finished school.

Do you guys know any alternative for this device (photo below; either coaxial or optical)? I have no HDMI in my receiver, thus I think this is the only way to get 5.1 from my PC to HT system. Since I plan to get an HDMI cable from PC HDMI Output (AV - still uncertain if my pc can do this) >> LCD HDMI Input then get the audio (5.1 digital) from this device to my receiver.

Other alternatives would be very much appreciated. :D

Anyhow, here's a bleak photo my room setup to orient you on my situation:

-TV cable coaxial (on the floor right now) will be run through the ceiling or the top board above cabinets.
-HDMI will be an alternative thus latag lang sa floor when I'm gonna watch movies. OR permanent in-ceiling.
-I'm in the process of cleaning my room, don't mind the batman on a chair stuff. hehe

Any other tips will be very much appreciated.

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2010 at 08:01 PM by j0hans0n »

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
Does you motherboard have on-board sound? If yes, check if it has an spdif connector. If none, then just get a sound card with optical or coaxial connections to connect to your receiver.
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2010 at 08:48 PM by jojitv »
SARS!!!

Offline j0hans0n

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • _____ally-challenged =|
  • Liked:
I opted for a VGA cable and a spdif coax connection. :) Now, im looking for a long VGA cable, out of stock kasi sa cdrking..

I'm also going to use mouldings for the run of the cable from my PC to my TV/Receiver. It will be run from my PC on the left then up the cabinets then down to my TV/Receiver.