Author Topic: NBA FINALS 2010  (Read 100747 times)

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA Playoffs 2010
« Reply #180 on: May 14, 2010 at 01:01 PM »
Accept less money na lang si LBJ and go to El-Ay and learn from Kobe. Hehehe

I am beginning to doubt how good a leader Lebrag is coz without a doubt he's got talented teammates surrounding him, and yet he always fails to deliver in the end. IMHO, he looks too damn content. He lacks the hunger and drive to will himself to the next level. Yung killer instinct, yung determination to succeed no matter what the cost wala ako nakikita sa kanya. He's too close to his teammates, like he can't put distance or limit to what his involvement with them should be. All he's got now is arrogance.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #181 on: May 14, 2010 at 02:56 PM »
I think Lebron would be a better fit in Chicago than in NY.  ;) I wonder though if there's a possibility Wade & Lebron would team-up.

he is big apple bound... no not the knicks but the brooklyn nets... yes the former new jersey nets, why?
1. new coach (his choice)
2. new arena
3. jay-z
4. young talented core (brook lopez, devin harris, courtney lee, terence williams and sige isama na natin si yi) add lebron and another superstar.
5. new MULTI-BILLIONAIRE owner

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #182 on: May 14, 2010 at 03:39 PM »
i didnt even know that NJ doesnt have a team anymore :o

brooklyn nets na pala.

I was rooting for the celtics kasi yabang nyan si LBJ. Good natalo nanaman. He can try for the finals next year in a knicks uniform.

GO SUNS!
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #183 on: May 14, 2010 at 03:50 PM »
yup, kaya nman nila Boston eh.. feeling ko tlga coach ang problem sa Cav. sayang tlga.. Go Boston!!!!!!!!! beat Magic and LA!

Very big factor.
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: May 14, 2010 at 03:55 PM »

he is big apple bound... no not the knicks but the brooklyn nets... yes the former new jersey nets, why?
1. new coach (his choice)
2. new arena
3. jay-z
4. young talented core (brook lopez, devin harris, courtney lee, terence williams and sige isama na natin si yi) add lebron and another superstar.
5. new MULTI-BILLIONAIRE owner

Nakalimutan mo yung #6. They could potentially draft John Wall for the 1st overall pick. :)

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #185 on: May 14, 2010 at 04:17 PM »

BTW, these are the same "clowns" who were unanimous in predicting that Cleveland was going to win the East semis, so take it for what it's worth. 

But I'd like to join the circus and make my own fearless forecast for the conference finals:  Orlando in 7, and LA in 6.  :)  Orlando has more weapons to test Boston's defense, and Superman is on a mission.  On the other hand, LA seems like it can match up well against PHX in almost every position (except PG again), and they can play the type of defense that will probably decide this series.

We deserve better.

Offline kimpOy

• DVD Guru
  • make your own road!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2010 at 04:44 PM »
Nakalimutan mo yung #6. They could potentially draft John Wall for the 1st overall pick. :)

oo nga pala john wall is as good as a net

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2010 at 08:21 PM »

BTW, these are the same "clowns" who were unanimous in predicting that Cleveland was going to win the East semis, so take it for what it's worth. 

But I'd like to join the circus and make my own fearless forecast for the conference finals:  Orlando in 7, and LA in 6.  :)  Orlando has more weapons to test Boston's defense, and Superman is on a mission.  On the other hand, LA seems like it can match up well against PHX in almost every position (except PG again), and they can play the type of defense that will probably decide this series.

Me too. But I think boston is really playing well that they can also match up with Orlando. my prediction: LA in 6, Boston in 6. :D

Boston vs. LA in the finals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Offline garee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • "your look, sounds familiar"
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: May 14, 2010 at 10:06 PM »
LA vs Boston in Finals....so that the Lakers have homecourt unlike with the Magic...

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: May 15, 2010 at 06:45 AM »
AP - A look at the matchups in the NBA conference finals, which begin this weekend (with regular season and playoff records):

No. 2 ORLANDO MAGIC (59-23, 8-0) vs. No. 4 BOSTON CELTICS (50-32, 8-3).

Season Series: Magic, 3-1. All four games were decided by single digits, the closest being Orlando's 96-94 victory on Jan. 28 when Rashard Lewis made the winning layup with 1.3 seconds left. Vince Carter had three 20-point games for the Magic and Lewis averaged 18.

Storyline: Instead of the expected playoffs rematch with Cleveland, the red-hot Magic get one instead with the resurgent Celtics, who knocked out the top-seeded Cavaliers. Orlando won the final two games of last year's Eastern Conference semifinal series, including Game 7 in Boston, to end the Celtics' title reign, then ousted Cleveland to reach the NBA finals. The Magic come off the most lopsided four-game sweep in playoff history, beating Atlanta by a combined 101 points.

Key Matchup I: Jameer Nelson vs. Rajon Rondo. The point guards have been two of the best players this postseason. Nelson, who missed the series against the Celtics last year, is averaging 20.5 points. Rondo has been Boston's top all-around performer, averaging 18 points, 11.1 assists and 6.3 rebounds, and his athleticism could be tough for Nelson.

Key Matchup II: Dwight Howard vs. Kendrick Perkins. Howard has been dominant when he's been able to avoid foul trouble and stay on the court, shooting a playoff-best 68 percent from the floor. Still, the Celtics believe Perkins can defend him 1-on-1, which means they wouldn't have to double-team and leave Orlando's 3-point shooters open.

X-factor: Kevin Garnett. Last postseason, the Magic faced a Celtics team without Garnett, who seems to be getting healthier and more effective with every game this spring. He scored at least 18 in all six games against Cleveland, capped by a 22-point, 12-rebound night in the clincher. With the undersized Lewis at the position, the Magic can be susceptible against a top power forward. But Garnett has to show he has the mobility to chase Lewis around the perimeter.

Prediction: Magic in 7.

No. 1 LOS ANGELES LAKERS (57-25, 8-2) vs. No. 3 PHOENIX SUNS (54-28, 8-2).

Season series: Lakers 3-1. Los Angeles held the high-scoring Suns to just 95.3 points per game in its three victories. The Suns' lone victory, a 118-103 win at home on Dec. 28, came when reserves Jared Dudley, Goran Dragic and Leandro Barbosa all were in double figures. Only one game came after the new year. Kobe Bryant averaged 27.5 points.

Storyline: After long rests following second-round sweeps, the Lakers and Suns finally get back on the court. Phoenix at last got past longtime nemesis San Antonio, but now faces an even mightier foe, as the Lakers again looked like the best of the West in their sweep of Utah and are four wins from a third straight trip to the NBA finals.

Key Matchup I: Bryant vs. Jason Richardson. Bryant shot 54.4 percent against Phoenix this season, second-highest among the 12 teams he faced at least three times, according to STATS, LLC. (He shot 62.3 percent against Memphis.) Averaging 21.9 points, Richardson has been terrific in the playoffs after being anything but against the Lakers in the regular season. He shot only 31 percent overall and made just 3 of 21 3-pointers.

Key Matchup II: Pau Gasol vs. Amare Stoudemire. Both All-Stars are scoring better than 20 points per game in the playoffs, with Gasol shooting 56 percent and averaging 13.1 rebounds. The Lakers have the frontline height and depth to make things tough for Stoudemire, and they held him to 2-of-15 shooting in their Nov. 12 rout. Stoudemire averaged 24.3 in the other three meetings.

X-Factor: Robin Lopez. The Suns need every big body they can get against the Lakers, and believe their former starting center will be available in this series. Lopez has been out since March 28 with a bulging disk in his back.

Prediction: Lakers in 5.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2010 at 06:46 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #190 on: May 15, 2010 at 07:49 AM »
I like the Celtics' chances against the Magic.  You can almost throw away the head to head match up during the regular season as Boston is just jelling and peaking now.  Not to mention getting healthier.

Knocking off the the team w/ the best record as well as the MVP must count for something.  Also the Cavs owned the Magic during the season and Boston schooled the Cavs, ergo the Celtics over the Magic? Maybe!

Offline T33K0Y

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #191 on: May 15, 2010 at 07:22 PM »
 First to go down was Wade.. then Lebron.. and now it's Howard's turn..  

Same here.. I believe it'll be the Celtics over Magic in the end.

I think the Magic, particularly Howard, has a tendency to fade in big games. Just like how he and the Magic (except for Hedo Torkuglu) crack under pressure in last year's finals against the Lakers.  Whereas, for the Celtics, this has never been an issue.. they have proven in the past that with all their key players healthy, it'll be hard to defeat them.  ;D  
« Last Edit: May 30, 2010 at 11:17 AM by T33K0Y »

Offline thebat

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2186
« Reply #192 on: May 15, 2010 at 11:29 PM »
Celtics syempre mananalo sa east finals  ;D!

Bad trip wala sa sched ng ESPN or Star Sports 1st game on monday 3:30am. Wala ring sched online tong BTV! Channel surfing nanaman to!
Yamaha AVR-S80
Panasonic VIERA TH50PV80H – 50″ PLASMA TV
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: May 15, 2010 at 11:51 PM »
Celtics syempre mananalo sa east finals  ;D!

Bad trip wala sa sched ng ESPN or Star Sports 1st game on monday 3:30am. Wala ring sched online tong BTV! Channel surfing nanaman to!

BTV televised yun game.

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: May 16, 2010 at 09:55 AM »
BTV televised yun game.

Live 3:30am? Sure?
Yahoooooo!
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: May 16, 2010 at 10:08 AM »
Yahoooooo!

saw the ad sa btv...3:30 am sa btv then 9am yata sa solartv.

Offline thebat

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: May 16, 2010 at 10:44 AM »
saw the ad sa btv...3:30 am sa btv then 9am yata sa solartv.

Thanks so much for the tip!
Yamaha AVR-S80
WDTV
ROKU TV stick
Nextbase portable dvd

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: May 16, 2010 at 10:52 AM »
Excerpt from a Stephen A Dmith interview:

Is Kobe happy or sad LeBron did not get to the NBA Finals?

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/05/14/stephen-a-smith-on-dc-celtics-lakers-seems-like-destiny/

I think Kobe the competitor has got mixed emotions. He would love to beat LeBron James, but at the same time he’s also of the mindset, “How dare you compare this guy to me and he hasn’t even won anything yet.”  Thats what Kobe is about. Kobe is the same as MJ in that regard. “I have got the rings to show what I have accomplished. I love LeBron James, I think he is a flat-out superstar’ — this is Kobe talking, not that he said this stuff officially, but his mindset, knowing him the way that I do, he’s of the mindset that, “Look, man, win a ring. Do what I do, do what MJ has done, before you get measured as being along the same lines of greatness as we are.” Let’s be careful here and give credit where credit is due, because Kobe’s mindset is, “I had to win championships before I was mentioned in that breath. I thought that was the code. I thought that was the rule. Why are we violating it for this guy?”

Offline pao625™

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #198 on: May 16, 2010 at 12:38 PM »
Yahoooooo!

yup, live un sa  btv. 3:30 est un game 1, sa solar sports replay na..

Offline mzepol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #199 on: May 16, 2010 at 04:37 PM »
First to go down was Wade.. then Lebron.. and now it's Howard's turn..  

Same here.. I believe it'll be the Celtics over Magic in the end.

I think the Magic, particularly Howard, has a tendency to fade in big games. Just like how he and the Magic (except for Hedo Torkuglu) crack under pressure in last year's finals against the Lakers.  Whereas, for the Celtics, this has never been an issue.. they have proven in the past that with all their key players healthy, it'll be hard to defeat them.  ;D

Good observation. Boston's "aging" stars are taking down this generation's "superstars" one by one. Wade, Lebron, and now possibly D12 then finally Kobe. Anu nga kaya no? Sana magkatotoo.  ;D

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: May 16, 2010 at 05:27 PM »
Good observation. Boston's "aging" stars are taking down this generation's "superstars" one by one. Wade, Lebron, and now possibly D12 then finally Kobe. Anu nga kaya no? Sana magkatotoo.  ;D

but Kobe's not part of that group.. he's actually part of the "aging" stars.. so ang tanong, sino ang matitira sa kanilang matatanda sa huli?

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: May 17, 2010 at 05:04 AM »
Celtic green = Superman's Kryptonite.  ;D  What a dud by Howard so far in Game 1!  Doc Rivers should let Nate play and make him dunk on Howard now.

but Kobe's not part of that group.. he's actually part of the "aging" stars.. so ang tanong, sino ang matitira sa kanilang matatanda sa huli?

Yeah - it's more like Boston liquidating this year's All-NBA First Team one by one (except for Durant of course). Aabot nga kaya kay Kobe?  LA-Boston in the Finals would make a lot of us here very happy.   
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010 at 05:14 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: May 17, 2010 at 05:35 AM »
Boston vs Orlando...Celtics in 6  ;D

Offline ditoy_eagle

• Trade Count: (+156)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: May 17, 2010 at 06:03 AM »
Hanep galing ng Boston!  Ang lupet nila if after Lebron, si Superman naman next na paiyakin nila...then si Kobe hehe
Thanks to the PMPC for the award - Digital Movie Sound Engineer of the year in the 28th Star Awards!

Offline torque

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • break the cycle!
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: May 17, 2010 at 06:10 AM »
Boston 92-88  ;D
3 more wins to NBA Finals...

Offline blackie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #205 on: May 17, 2010 at 06:33 AM »
Excerpt from a Stephen A Dmith interview:

Is Kobe happy or sad LeBron did not get to the NBA Finals?

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/05/14/stephen-a-smith-on-dc-celtics-lakers-seems-like-destiny/

For one, I think Nike should rethink it's strategy in putting it's big endorsers together to dream matches that haven't happened yet....  This is not the only time where you see collaterals up where Kobe and Lebron are faced against each other.  Well they haven't met yet and it's only Kobe who is alone at the end to face whoever wins in the East.  Yes, We are all witnesses... to how you can come so close and just let it slip away.

Go Boston. Go Sheed.
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: May 17, 2010 at 06:58 AM »
Rooting for LA-Boston Finals.... ;D ;D

Im riding on the Green bandwagon....not that I think the Lakers can manhandle them, but I admire these guys being underdogs and proving all the so called NBA experts wrong.

Offline Blade

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: May 17, 2010 at 09:51 AM »
Rooting for LA-Boston Finals.... ;D ;D

Im riding on the Green bandwagon....not that I think the Lakers can manhandle them, but I admire these guys being underdogs and proving all the so called NBA experts wrong.
this would be back in time...classic...

celts are playing good coz you cant underestimate the heart of a champion...

but kobe's heart of a champion is bigger...hehehe...
 ;D 8)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #208 on: May 17, 2010 at 10:59 AM »
It seems its going to be a BOSTON Celtics-LOS ANGELES Lakers FINALS again! YAHOO! :D
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #209 on: May 17, 2010 at 11:05 AM »
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium