Author Topic: Projector screen  (Read 55851 times)

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
Re: Projector screen
« Reply #120 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 08:52 AM »
Before there were screen gains 2.0 and above. Because back then the technology of projectors werent as bright as those today.

With lumens increasing with the current crop of projectors today, you wouldnt need as much gain as before.

There is really no ideal, it all depends on you (just like your ears picking the right speaker). A gain of 1.3 is just right for me IMO. DIY's even have a falt gain of 1.0 and are happy with the outcome. So your eyes will really be the judge.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #121 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 09:20 AM »
Ano ba ang ideal screen gain? :)

Here's an explanation of what screen gain is and probably you can decide what screen gain to choose for your screen:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projector_screens_gain.htm
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline arudorin

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #122 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 02:35 PM »
Sir, anung brand 3D LED Pj mo?

Viewsonic PLED-W500 sir, only 720p @ 500 lumens but with 20,000 lamp hours..  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX0nYlhZZJo&feature=fvwrel
« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2012 at 02:37 PM by arudorin »
"quality in everything we do"

Offline trinity1123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #123 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 02:53 PM »
Before there were screen gains 2.0 and above. Because back then the technology of projectors werent as bright as those today.

With lumens increasing with the current crop of projectors today, you wouldnt need as much gain as before.

There is really no ideal, it all depends on you (just like your ears picking the right speaker). A gain of 1.3 is just right for me IMO. DIY's even have a falt gain of 1.0 and are happy with the outcome. So your eyes will really be the judge.
Agree ako dito,nandun sa gagamit yun at sa kanyang mata.Depende rin yan sa budget ng bulsa
Meron dito sa amin,yung mga OS at Kikuchi Grandview brands na almost 100 thousand pesos na ang halaga e
Meron din naman mura ,pero depende sa ganda ng projector syempre

Offline docelmo

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #124 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 07:38 PM »
Viewsonic PLED-W500 sir, only 720p @ 500 lumens but with 20,000 lamp hours..  ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zX0nYlhZZJo&feature=fvwrel

Thanks!

OT:
My (BenQ)w500 is now in the 2500hours mark, so i am deciding either replace the bulb or upgrade to 1080p w/ limited hours or look for an LED pj w/ 20000+ hours....been checking out optoma and lg led in the market.
Denon/ GoldenEar Technology/Onkyo/Optoma/Sansui/SVS

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #125 on: Mar 11, 2012 at 08:12 PM »
Here's an explanation of what screen gain is and probably you can decide what screen gain to choose for your screen:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/projector_screens_gain.htm
very good read thanks doc! :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #126 on: Mar 12, 2012 at 08:52 AM »
are non-tensioned pull-down screens prone to develop waves? what is the best way to prevent these waves?

what is the mechanics behind a tensioned screen? how does the manufacturer apply tension to it?

Offline ≧◉◡◉≦xrampage≧◉◡◉≦

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Mar 12, 2012 at 09:35 AM »
are non-tensioned pull-down screens prone to develop waves? what is the best way to prevent these waves?

what is the mechanics behind a tensioned screen? how does the manufacturer apply tension to it?

Sa tingin ko di mo puwede lagyan ng tension ang pull down kasi paran siyan motorize na may box na dun umiikot. Ang tension sa tingin ko need mo lagyan buong frame like the image below. Image taken from a fixed frame of Elite screen.

USER HAS BEEN BANNED.

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Mar 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM »
Sa tingin ko di mo puwede lagyan ng tension ang pull down kasi paran siyan motorize na may box na dun umiikot. Ang tension sa tingin ko need mo lagyan buong frame like the image below. Image taken from a fixed frame of Elite screen.

yung mga hindi self-locking screen na naka tali once pulled, do they fall on the tensioned screen category? may tension kasi palagi, hinihila ng spring ang screen ;D

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #129 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 03:52 PM »
mga Bro,

when is gray screen fabric better?
toy

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Mar 15, 2012 at 04:49 PM »
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline sultan72

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #131 on: Mar 21, 2012 at 09:45 PM »
Sir pekspert kindly pm me pricelist for pj screens 90" to 100" pulldown manual and motorized tensioned.
Thanks

Offline R1DVD

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Mar 24, 2012 at 05:12 PM »
Question lang po sa mga gumagamit ng motorized or manual rool up screen.  Does the screen sway when airconditioning is turned on?  My aircon is at the back wall, roughly 12 feet from the front wall where I intend to mount the screen.  Napansin ko kasi na yung blinds on side wall sway gawa ng aircon.  When I go to the front wall, I can still feel the air movement there, no matter where I direct the aircon louvre.  Am a bit worried that screen movement might affect our viewing experience. On the other hand baka naman hindi rin mag-sway yung screen because of the weight of the bar attached to the lower part of the screen.  Ano po ba ang experience ninyo on this?

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #133 on: Mar 24, 2012 at 10:10 PM »
Question lang po sa mga gumagamit ng motorized or manual rool up screen.  Does the screen sway when airconditioning is turned on?  My aircon is at the back wall, roughly 12 feet from the front wall where I intend to mount the screen.  Napansin ko kasi na yung blinds on side wall sway gawa ng aircon.  When I go to the front wall, I can still feel the air movement there, no matter where I direct the aircon louvre.  Am a bit worried that screen movement might affect our viewing experience. On the other hand baka naman hindi rin mag-sway yung screen because of the weight of the bar attached to the lower part of the screen.  Ano po ba ang experience ninyo on this?

yes. there is a possiblity that it would sway. But adding weight sa bar that you were mentioning would help lessen.

Offline R1DVD

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Mar 25, 2012 at 06:15 PM »
yes. there is a possiblity that it would sway. But adding weight sa bar that you were mentioning would help lessen.

Thanks.  Fixed frame might be the better option for me then.  Having a hard time deciding as I don't want to part yet with my Kuro.  Planning sana to put the screen in front of the plasma.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Mar 26, 2012 at 12:30 PM »
Just ordered my 100" EzFrame from Amazon.  Quoted seafreight via my suking Courier is $90.00 all in.   ;D ;D

Offline R1DVD

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Mar 26, 2012 at 02:23 PM »
Just ordered my 100" EzFrame from Amazon.  Quoted seafreight via my suking Courier is $90.00 all in.   ;D ;D

Sent you PM

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Mar 26, 2012 at 08:38 PM »

anong PJ ang kapares ng EzFrame mo brader?
toy

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 09:11 AM »
Thanks.  Fixed frame might be the better option for me then.  Having a hard time deciding as I don't want to part yet with my Kuro.  Planning sana to put the screen in front of the plasma.

The Kuro is an excellent TV but I think you'll enjoy movies more on a projector set-up. Go for at least a 100" screen. Bigger is usually better as long as your room will allow. I'm sure you'll not regret it. ;)  
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2012 at 09:12 AM by Billabong »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 10:02 AM »
anong PJ ang kapares ng EzFrame mo brader?

Most likely Pana AE7000  ;)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 11:54 AM »
Most likely Pana AE7000  ;)

wowie!!
toy

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #141 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 12:29 PM »
wowie!!

Kumuha kana din kasi ng ganyan sir Jim ;D

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 12:38 PM »
ok na ko sa baby brother nyan. Wait ako from Gnew if game na siya, copycat lang ako.

cant wait for May
toy

Offline R1DVD

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 02:25 PM »
The Kuro is an excellent TV but I think you'll enjoy movies more on a projector set-up. Go for at least a 100" screen. Bigger is usually better as long as your room will allow. I'm sure you'll not regret it. ;)  

Actually dumating na yung Optoma HD33 (1080p, 3D) pero I dont have a screen yet (I'm just projecting it sa wall muna) since I'm having a hard time deciding between a fixed frame or a motorized screen (double setup with the plasma at the back of the motorized screen).  Unfortunately, maximum screen size that I can use is 92" which is pretty big na rin.  I'm leaning more on a fixed frame (Sable or EZframe) 92" screen. Forexworld gave me a price quote of $50 for seafreight. Will probably order na rin. Yes, watching movie on a PJ is really much better than watching on my plasma.
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2012 at 02:27 PM by R1DVD »

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 02:50 PM »
Actually dumating na yung Optoma HD33 (1080p, 3D) pero I dont have a screen yet (I'm just projecting it sa wall muna) since I'm having a hard time deciding between a fixed frame or a motorized screen (double setup with the plasma at the back of the motorized screen).  Unfortunately, maximum screen size that I can use is 92" which is pretty big na rin.  I'm leaning more on a fixed frame (Sable or EZframe) 92" screen. Forexworld gave me a price quote of $50 for seafreight. Will probably order na rin. Yes, watching movie on a PJ is really much better than watching on my plasma.

$50 shipping is cheap for a 92" pj screen. What is the size of the shipping box?

I was quoted $120 by forexworld on a 106" elite manual screen using this shipping box dim, 103"x5.5"x5.5" & 25 lb weight. But this is the quote including delivery to leyte though.

Offline Weng!

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 02:54 PM »
ok na ko sa baby brother nyan. Wait ako from Gnew if game na siya, copycat lang ako.

cant wait for May

Hi bro,

I will probably order the ar100 by this week from visual apex. I will pay them through wire transfer as HSBC only charges $28 for the wire.

Amazon sells the ar100 from a 3rd party seller at a slightly higher price than visual apex.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #146 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 03:09 PM »

Sir try mo kontakin si pekspert. I think meron cyang tensioned motorized screen.

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 03:26 PM »
Hi bro,

I will probably order the ar100 by this week from visual apex. I will pay them through wire transfer as HSBC only charges $28 for the wire.

Amazon sells the ar100 from a 3rd party seller at a slightly higher price than visual apex.

Oks, once done.
 pa-PM diskarte ng pagbili mo, and pano shipping arrangements from visual apex to shipper at presyo. gagayahin ko na lang. :) thanks

toy

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #148 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 03:26 PM »

Oo nga brader Jim, ano pa inaantay mo.. he he he
Walang Setup

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Mar 27, 2012 at 03:28 PM »
Oo nga brader Jim, ano pa inaantay mo.. he he he

isa -isa lang at baka mahalata ng misis ko hahaha, unahin ang mas mahal, para pag bili ng screen muka ng mura  ;D
toy