Author Topic: LG 42LD460 Users  (Read 100049 times)

Offline roy128

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LG 42LD460 Users
« Reply #450 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 03:19 PM »
check ko nga yung white pattern nung unit ko

Offline aceaceace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #451 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 04:07 PM »
Bigger 42" brothers.. may "Dust" issue din ba ang mga units nyo?
According to most, regardless if you have your unit cleaned, it will still return..
Best solution is replace with a different model daw.
How true is this?
TIA! :)

where did you hear/read this?

mine's a 32. still too early to tell if it'll have this dust issue or not. so far it's clear :)

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • HD Player Enthusiast :)
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: Feb 15, 2011 at 05:11 PM »
^
@Ace
Click the link in my previous post.
I tried the same thing and alas, my LCD is starting to show those symptoms as well.
Konti pa lang naman.
Hi, bought my 37LD460 at SNS last Sept. 12, 2010.

I'm very happy with everything except until last month when I see these on the corners of the screen:

Watch video. Click below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKSxFzBAEmQ

I thought it was just soot on the screen, but it won't wipe off when i tried.  It's inside the screen.

What do I do to have them removed?   Thanks. :)

In Fairness to LG,

I called LG up (since I haven't gotten a reply from Vic via PM) earlier.
In less then 10 seconds, I was able to get in touch w/ a TSR.
Took accountability and even called me back when we got disconnected.

They have my record which means I don't have to give my address and cell # again to them.
They also know that I've been an LG customer for quite some time.

They will send a technician to take pictures since they don't have any records of dust getting in the LCD panel.

TSRs I've spoken to were very accommodating and took ownership.  Sila pa yung tawag ng tawag to tell me they're sorry for the inconvenience and are working on it, providing me updates as it happens.  Parang sila talaga yung may utang ng loob or something unlike my negative experience with Samsung where I've been passed around and people in Samsung doesn't even know that I've surrendered the TV back to them already.  The payment was a bit delayed from the committed time line.

Customer service will always make me consider LG in my next purchase.  I haven't felt being left in the air.  Todo ang after sales.. hindi yung puro branding and marketing lang at bahala ka na sa buhay mo aftersales.

Will update you guys as to what happens next.

Vic (SNS) is probably busy right now to reply to my PM.

To those who have the same issue, I suggest you call their hotline.  Based on my experience, I assure you that it will be a painless and pleasant experience talking to any of LG's TSRs.

Offline ron_bassbomber

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: Feb 16, 2011 at 01:12 AM »
if you check the manual, it can only power usb devices up to a certain amount. better get the ones that dont need external power. im using a 320gb WD elements, works fine :)

as for the difference in performance, some might work, some might not. :)

Im currently using 500GB but Im planning to upgrade it to 2 tera. I dont know which HDD to use, the one with external power adapter or the usb powered one.

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: Feb 16, 2011 at 12:18 PM »
UPDATE:

LG Technicians promptly visited my place just a few minutes ago.
Not the most impressive service vehicle but who cares as long as they still provide *excellent* customer service and *REAL* AFTER SALES (and not just pure claims/branding/marketing of AFTER SALES service).

Anyway, initially, with the TV off, I showed them that the TV was still in pristine condition.  No scratches/smudges, dents, etc.  Even the labels at the bottom were intact and the huge box is just right beside my bed.

When the TV was turned on, the dust were barely visible in the bright light of the room.  Turned it off and made the dust more apparent.  However, I think I have moved/eroded majority of the dust down for it to be less visible than the first time I saw and tried to wipe it. 

Although, there was no point in time that my LCD exceeded, matched or even came close to the amount of dust that's posted in the pictures above.  At most, it had much much less dust.. starting to accumulate pa lang and I probably have moved most of it away when I wiped it with soft microfiber cloth.

It seems that they have not encountered dust sitting inside the LCD screen.  Well, very mildly visible now that I have moved/eroded most of it.  I remember the TSR calling me back yesterday to tell me that, aside from 2 LG Phone Models, they do not have records/reports of LCD TV acquiring dust in between the backlight.

They have taken pictures (I'm not sure though if the quality can be used for any purpose) and copied the details of my receipt.  They told me if it's alright for them to replace the entire panel but retaining the case/chassis/bezel.  I said, ok lang as long as it will be a permanent fix.  I don't want you guys to be hassled with the same issue every three months.  I wouldn't want this issue to happen when my warranty expires din.

I also showed them an LG 22" LCD which sits almost in front of my 37LD460 and did the pure white test to show them how clear white was in my 4 yr old 22".  Like all of the LCDs in our home, it did not acquire any dust.

Now my question to you guys is, since all the other old LCDs in our house including the one in the same room does not exhibit dust accumulation, could replacing the panel (retaining the frame/chassis/bezel) be a permanent fix? 

Offline barash

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Feb 19, 2011 at 02:07 PM »
Bought mine late last year before christmas. Nag bleed after 2 weeks and may vertical line sa panel. Returned it na lng and got another brand. My brother has one and it seems to be working fine naman. Malas ko lng siguro. Sayang mura pa naman sana, considering its specs.
Audio Analogue
Verity Fidelio Encore
Clearaudio
Furutech
Onkyo
Atlantic Technology
SVS

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: Feb 20, 2011 at 02:49 AM »
^
Isolated case nga bro.. :)

Anyway, I already have a newly replaced (by LG technicians) brand new LCD Panel..
I'm burning it in.. hopefully this one would be for keeps.. :)

Offline secky74

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Collector
  • It only does everything
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Feb 20, 2011 at 10:41 AM »
The techs came by just a couple of minutes ago, replaced the board of my 42 incher, alas, all is fine and well... thanks to LG's aftersales... damn, they really are the best! =)
Again, thanks LG!

Offline iAMhitek

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Feb 20, 2011 at 10:51 AM »
bro, what's the name of the board?
indeed LG ata yan!

Offline secky74

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • Collector
  • It only does everything
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 04:16 AM »
Oh sorry bro, did not have time to ask, they installed it in like 5 mins, then tested it, that's it... ang bilis. =)

Offline Tukmolytes

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 08:06 AM »
Hi everyone,

I just want to ask if ever any of you tried using a WD Elements 1T or 1.5T on this model? I am planning to buy one but I need to know first if anyone had tried it on their unit.

Thanks in Advance.

Offline iAMhitek

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #461 on: Feb 21, 2011 at 08:30 AM »
Oh sorry bro, did not have time to ask, they installed it in like 5 mins, then tested it, that's it... ang bilis. =)

k bro.
sayang, I am sure  tech guys like me are interested to know what caused it para pag same thing happens sa OVER OVER out of warranty na LG TVs baka yan board na yan ang culprit din at magawaan ng remedya.
the hardest thing sa tech guys ay pinpointing exactly ang cause.
pag na pinpoint ang board, mas madali na pag repair.
on my part, I do servicing for my out of warranty electronic gadgets ----- cheaper and 100% sure ako na walang dagdag na problem at scratches.

Offline roy128

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Feb 24, 2011 at 02:16 PM »
guys na try niyo na ba mag play ng movies with m2ts file?,ayaw niya kasi maread, is there a way na mapalitan ng format yung video?.tia!

Offline Tukmolytes

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Feb 25, 2011 at 11:44 PM »
Hi everyone,

I just want to ask if ever any of you tried using a WD Elements 1T or 1.5T on this model? I am planning to buy one but I need to know first if anyone had tried it on their unit.

Thanks in Advance.

OK I'll answer my own question.

I bought a WD Elements 1.5T two days ago and it worked fine on my LD460 LG LCD.

Offline TimSavvy

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 01:26 AM »
^
PERFECT! :)
Btw, how much did the 1.5T elements cost you? is it the 2.5" passport or the 3.5"?

Offline Tukmolytes

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: Mar 01, 2011 at 05:41 AM »
^
PERFECT! :)
Btw, how much did the 1.5T elements cost you? is it the 2.5" passport or the 3.5"?

I bought the 3.5" with power supply. Cost 3,950.00 in Gilmore, QC.

Offline boopis

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: Mar 03, 2011 at 04:17 PM »
selling my 3 1/2 months used 42ld460 with ht805, need cash for car repair.

very seldom used once a week lang, 2hr movie x 4 weeks x 3.5 months =<28 hrs used.

with receipt from sns.

just pm me with your offer.

Offline xvtecx

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Mar 03, 2011 at 05:49 PM »
Guys is it normal na medyo bright yung 4 corners ng lcd ng ld460? iniisip ko kasi bleeding pero hindi naman siya grabe.

Yung sainyo ba full black talaga yung screen pag nasa all black na image or dun sa "no signal"?  :-\

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1457
« Reply #468 on: Mar 04, 2011 at 05:19 AM »
selling my 3 1/2 months used 42ld460 with ht805, need cash for car repair.

very seldom used once a week lang, 2hr movie x 4 weeks x 3.5 months =<28 hrs used.

with receipt from sns.

just pm me with your offer.

Please post this at the buy and sell section. Thanks!

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1457
« Reply #469 on: Mar 04, 2011 at 05:20 AM »
Guys is it normal na medyo bright yung 4 corners ng lcd ng ld460? iniisip ko kasi bleeding pero hindi naman siya grabe.

Yung sainyo ba full black talaga yung screen pag nasa all black na image or dun sa "no signal"?  :-\

back read.that might be back light bleeding issue you are encountering.

Offline roy128

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: Mar 04, 2011 at 07:02 AM »

wag mo ng hanapin, mababaliw ka lang, just enjoy your t.v

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #471 on: Mar 04, 2011 at 07:31 AM »
wag mo ng hanapin, mababaliw ka lang, just enjoy your t.v

X2. I just learned on that term "backlight bleeding" on this forum. Never knew it before. found out there's some issues with my almost 2year old LCD. pero di ko na lang pinapansin.. impt. thing for me is, i just enjoy watching movies and as long as it's not affecting the resolution, colors, pixels etc. Im fine with it.

Online Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #472 on: Mar 04, 2011 at 08:40 PM »
X2. I just learned on that term "backlight bleeding" on this forum. Never knew it before. found out there's some issues with my almost 2year old LCD. pero di ko na lang pinapansin.. impt. thing for me is, i just enjoy watching movies and as long as it's not affecting the resolution, colors, pixels etc. Im fine with it.

It affects blacks, and for a good number of pdvd peeps, deep blacks are a huge deal.

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Mar 09, 2011 at 12:58 PM »
I just ggot my new 42 LD460 yesterday from Anson's Trinoma. No backlight bleeding so far. Manufacture date was January 2011. I played "720p Troy.mkv" from my WD Elements external HDD connected to the USB port of the TV. And much to my surprise It finished playing the movie. I think this is the extended version w/ playing time of 3:16:02. Software version(Firmware) is 03.03.24

I must say this is really a bang for the buck 42 inch TV.

Offline sniper24

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Mar 17, 2011 at 08:59 PM »
 Guyz im new comers in this topic, pero nabasa ko naman from top to bottom yung thread.
 Based on summary mukhang mganda naman ang 42ld460, bsta wag lng mgbacklight bleeding.

Anyway, bka meron gus2 sa inyong mgupgrade sa LED model LG 42LE5500, Swap ko sna yung
 sa kin, brandnew to. need ko kc ng cash medyo kinapos lng kc ako sa budget.

Offline swordfish_0609

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 06:58 AM »
Guys, Im selling my 2-day old 42LG460...RFS??? Masyado malaki sa sala namin..Overkill daw sabi ni wifey..(tama n sya, overkill nga)...I am going for 32" lang...

No pics here, just imagine a brand new unit.

unit bought from Ansons @Home, ortigas.

PM or txt me na lang for the price...0920 9708188...

Complete with everything + yung free bracket..and of course with receipt for warranty (2 years)...

Offline lbjheat23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 12:00 PM »
I just ggot my new 42 LD460 yesterday from Anson's Trinoma. No backlight bleeding so far. Manufacture date was January 2011. I played "720p Troy.mkv" from my WD Elements external HDD connected to the USB port of the TV. And much to my surprise It finished playing the movie. I think this is the extended version w/ playing time of 3:16:02. Software version(Firmware) is 03.03.24

I must say this is really a bang for the buck 42 inch TV.

How much mo po nabili ito Sir? May HT na bang kasama or TV lang? THank you!

Offline lbjheat23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 12:02 PM »
Guyz im new comers in this topic, pero nabasa ko naman from top to bottom yung thread.
 Based on summary mukhang mganda naman ang 42ld460, bsta wag lng mgbacklight bleeding.

Anyway, bka meron gus2 sa inyong mgupgrade sa LED model LG 42LE5500, Swap ko sna yung
 sa kin, brandnew to. need ko kc ng cash medyo kinapos lng kc ako sa budget.

Swap for 42LD460 ba ito Sir? How much ang idadagdag? Or binebenta mo ito separately? (no-tradein)...Thanks!

Offline vortex1

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 04:00 PM »
How much mo po nabili ito Sir? May HT na bang kasama or TV lang? THank you!

37k 12mos. deferred.

Offline tim_possible

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 09:14 AM »
@TimSavvy
one-time lang ba pwede i-avail yung pag-replace ng panel because of the dust issue?
or pwede ulit palitan later on (kapag bumalik yung dust) basta within the warranty period?