Author Topic: SVSound speakers  (Read 218117 times)

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
Re: SVS speakers
« Reply #600 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 02:29 PM »
brader mac, bukas ko na ipadala ang brackets. sobrang busy yesterday kaya di nahabol. padala ko sa apcargo kasi may freight collect mode sila. will forward you the tracking number right after mapadala.

p.s. were not connected with coca cola. my wife just loves collecting coke from around the world. i will tell her to change flavor and start collecting pepsi, brader jake will be backing us up ;D ;D ;D

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #601 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 06:28 PM »
may lakad kagawad. enjoy kayo at pictures!

and besides, ayoko ko munang pumunta dyan sa graceland. baka ma-hypnotize nanaman ako dyan.  :D

brader kagawad na miss ka namin kanina. ok lang naman kung nag punta ka kasi wala ng available stocks  :o ganito kabilis maubos pala ito. hindi pa yan masyado na advertise (partida na)  :) pila ka na kagawad parang kalhati ng dadating na shipment eh naka reserve na  ;D ang masasabi ko lang it is worth the trip  ;)

Offline ǝʞɐɾ ʎzzɐɾ

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 13 x 3 = 1 O O !!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 50
« Reply #602 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 07:20 PM »
Kapag nakita ni Jazzy Jake itong mga pic, kukulo ang dugo niya!  ;D ;D ;D

^^^ hahahay.......no offensement to sir Jake ;D

i was just about to the say that...  ;D

p.s. were not connected with coca cola. my wife just loves collecting coke from around the world. i will tell her to change flavor and start collecting pepsi, brader jake will be backing us up ;D ;D ;D

OT na kayo ah!  hahahahaha!
˙ ˙ ˙ ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp - ıp - ɯɐp

Offline jao143

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Going back to a more simple set-up ;(
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #603 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 07:49 PM »
it was nice seeing you again sir mike at sir mar. Finally met sir von and other pdvd members. I really love listening to those svs speakers that is why i went home with a pair of fronts and a center. No availble stock of surrounds unfortunately. These speakers really appealed to my taste, imho, really neutral. Not bright and not warm, just right. We listened to a few tracks of salena jones, very nice vocals. Watched celine dione's concert, again these speakers did not disappoint us. We also watched terminator salvation, once again very superb performance for these speakers.

I highly recommend the svs speakers ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2011 at 08:17 PM by jao143 »
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #604 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 08:15 PM »
it was nice seeing you again sir mike at sir mar. Finally met sir von and other pdvd members. I really love listening to those svs speakers that is why i went home with a pair of fronts and a center. No availble stock of surrounds unfortunately. These speakers really appealed to my ta, imho, really neutral. Not bright and not warm, just right. We listened to a few tracks of salena jones, very nice vocals. Watched celine dione's concert, again these speakers did not disappoint us. We also watched terminator salvation, once again very superb performance for these speakers.

congrats brader ;)
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #605 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 08:18 PM »
at sir tirso, bakit wala ka kanina? Akala namin sabay ka kay sir von?
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #606 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 08:21 PM »
at sir tirso, bakit wala ka kanina? Akala namin sabay ka kay sir von?

di naman ako nakakaalis ng sunday and besides eh matagal pa ang march hehehehe

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #607 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 09:07 PM »
brader kagawad na miss ka namin kanina. ok lang naman kung nag punta ka kasi wala ng available stocks  :o ganito kabilis maubos pala ito. hindi pa yan masyado na advertise (partida na)  :) pila ka na kagawad parang kalhati ng dadating na shipment eh naka reserve na  ;D ang masasabi ko lang it is worth the trip  ;)

oo nga. good to hear you liked the svs set. definitely worth the investment.  :)

pero ako happy na sa speakers ko. tsaka may ibang pinagiipunan ako. kaya nga ayaw kong pumunta dyan at baka magbago pa isip ko.  ;)

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #608 on: Jan 09, 2011 at 09:22 PM »
Nice seeing Mike, Fernan, Von and one other pdvd member (sorry forgot the name). Too bad, didnt get to meet Joseph - he was leaving Graceland when we were coming in.

Congrats to sir Fernan for the new set of SVS speakers and advance congrats to sir Comet's friend who will be receiving his new SVS speakers in the next few days!

Sir Mike - thanks for the cds and the bd discs! ;D

Sir Fernan - pics of the mounts below:

Till our next Graceland EB guys! ;)

Offline riven319

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #609 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 12:56 AM »
Nice to meet you sir Jao and nice meeting mike again kanina.  Sorry di na tayo nagabot sir macdon kala ko hapon na at nagdidilim na sa labas nawili rin kasi kami kakademo nung svs set....   and nung triple ultras hehe.

(...tsaka pag nagtagal pa ko dun baka magbago pa isip ko sa pagpasa kay sir jao nung set na I was checking out hahaha  ;D  )

Di bale now that I'm familiar with Mike's place...  pwede na ko makisawsaw next time..

After listening the scs-01 set I could say that what the reviews the members have been posting here are true.  These speakers are indeed neutral sounding and outperform their size.  The tweeters handle the highs really well considering they are silk and the sound is quite balanced.  They integrate well, of course, with the svs subs...

It's really worth a try if these are the characteristics you are looking for.  Thanks for the hospitality, sir mike.

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #610 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 03:40 AM »
it was nice seeing you again sir mike at sir mar. Finally met sir von and other pdvd members. I really love listening to those svs speakers that is why i went home with a pair of fronts and a center. No availble stock of surrounds unfortunately. These speakers really appealed to my taste, imho, really neutral. Not bright and not warm, just right. We listened to a few tracks of salena jones, very nice vocals. Watched celine dione's concert, again these speakers did not disappoint us. We also watched terminator salvation, once again very superb performance for these speakers.

Congrats brader Jao! ;D Set it up! :D
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 at 08:25 AM by stickfighter »

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 05:59 AM »
Nice seeing Mike, Fernan, Von and one other pdvd member (sorry forgot the name). Too bad, didnt get to meet Joseph - he was leaving Graceland when we were coming in.

Congrats to sir Fernan for the new set of SVS speakers and advance congrats to sir Comet's friend who will be receiving his new SVS speakers in the next few days!

Sir Mike - thanks for the cds and the bd discs! ;D

Sir Fernan - pics of the mounts below:

Till our next Graceland EB guys! ;)

Sir Mar, please reserve... ;D
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 08:17 AM »

congrats sir! nice meeting you too! nice speakers you took home with you! probably you took a day off today sa work to set it up  ;D

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #613 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 08:19 AM »
di naman ako nakakaalis ng sunday and besides eh matagal pa ang march hehehehe

naku brader ilang tulog na lang yan. balita ko may buyer ka na daw ng MA mo  ;) ako wala pa for my Mission Speakers  ;D if ever gusto mo punta PM or text me sama ulit ako  :)

oo nga. good to hear you liked the svs set. definitely worth the investment.  :)

pero ako happy na sa speakers ko. tsaka may ibang pinagiipunan ako. kaya nga ayaw kong pumunta dyan at baka magbago pa isip ko.  ;)

i had to listen again to the tracks that we played kina brader Mike when I got home to verify kung malaki ang difference sa AQ with my current setup  ;) well mas mayron detail dun sa SVS speakers that we auditioned. problem is dito sa ating shall we justify it as hobby eh konting mayron or improvement means malaking gastos  ;D now have to find a good reason to my wife to buy these speakers. mayron na ako isa which is she will appreciate Celine Dion more hopefully pumasa ito sa kanya  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 at 08:28 AM by vtec3 »

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #614 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 08:38 AM »
naku brader ilang tulog na lang yan. balita ko may buyer ka na daw ng MA mo  ;) ako wala pa for my Mission Speakers  ;D if ever gusto mo punta PM or text me sama ulit ako  :)

i had to listen again to the tracks that we played kina brader Mike when I got home to verify kung malaki ang difference sa AQ with my current setup  ;) well mas mayron detail dun sa SVS speakers that we auditioned. problem is dito sa ating shall we justify it as hobby eh konting mayron or improvement means malaking gastos  ;D now have to find a good reason to my wife to buy these speakers. mayron na ako isa which is she will appreciate Celine Dion more hopefully pumasa ito sa kanya  ;D

Naku sir Von, good luck on convincing your wifey :)...

ako nga may ulitmatum na sa wife ko eh, kapag pinalitan ko daw itong svs speaker in one year, hihiwalayan nya daw ako... Fortunately for me, talagang excellent speakers itong SVS. I'm sure it will serve me well for a year until the next SVS upgrade... :)
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #615 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 09:02 AM »

ako nga may ulitmatum na sa wife ko eh, kapag pinalitan ko daw itong svs speaker in one year, hihiwalayan nya daw ako... Fortunately for me, talagang excellent speakers itong SVS. I'm sure it will serve me well for a year until the next SVS upgrade... :)

ha ha ha, dumadami na ang All SVS set-up  ;) baka dumating ang panahon mayron na din Team SVS dito sa Phil  ;)

calling brader Tirso it is your turn now  ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #616 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 09:12 AM »

truly...  :)

we have to learn na happy na tayo, kung hindi maging masyadong oc na tayo sa details and forget that the setups are for us to enjoy the movies as a whole.

or as they say, go for gold na agad para wala ng duda at alinlagan if what we have can still be improved.  ;D

Offline mike c

• Trade Count: (+154)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Subwoofer Freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 36
« Reply #617 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 10:06 AM »
for those interested in the incoming speakers ... it might be best to email me what models you are interested in.  it's getting hard to keep track of who's who reserving the speakers.

i've had to amend my order with SVS now to keep up with the orders.

[email protected]

thanks
www.mkcinternational.com
Power Sound Audio

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #618 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM »
for those interested in the incoming speakers ... it might be best to email me what models you are interested in.  it's getting hard to keep track of who's who reserving the speakers.

i've had to amend my order with SVS now to keep up with the orders.

[email protected]

thanks

Email sent sir Mike ;D
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #619 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 10:48 AM »

Brader Von - we only live once, so dont deprive yourself of something better - you deserve it!  ;)

Sabi nga ni Rocky Balboa - Go for it!  ;D

Offline fattyacid

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Captcha Master Solver Skill Level 18
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 34
« Reply #620 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 10:59 AM »
Silip silip lang muna sa SVS. Pero mukhang dito lahat papunta so "I'ts...." na rin siguro ako. Para di mahawa sa sars. :D
Be better than the Theater.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 11:09 AM »
Silip silip lang muna sa SVS. Pero mukhang dito lahat papunta so "I'ts...." na rin siguro ako. Para di mahawa sa sars. :D

kung planning mode ka palang, its really good that you audition these speakers + the subs na rin, atleast you have the benefit of not changing from one speaker or sub to another. just get the best your money can buy already para ika mo nga, wala ng sars...

and i think svs should be high on your list.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 11:14 AM »
ha ha ha, dumadami na ang All SVS set-up  ;) baka dumating ang panahon mayron na din Team SVS dito sa Phil  ;)

calling brader Tirso it is your turn now  ;D

brader sir mike is just a call away ;) ;) ;)

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #623 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 11:15 AM »

ITS SVS OR NOTHING

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM »

Brader dont forget may M series pa na SVS ;) ;) ;)

Offline jao143

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #625 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 11:21 AM »

Brader dont forget may M series pa na SVS ;) ;) ;)

Brader, may L series pa daw sabi ni Macdon... ;D
LG65SK8500
Graham LS3/5a
Rega P8 Fono MC
Rotel RC1572/RB1552mkii
REL T7i
NADC538
Sony HTZF9/49X8500G

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #626 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM »

uy sariling kulam  :) go go go brader jao after a week upgrade ka na agad sa series M or L tapos abang ako ng pinaglumaan mo. dami naka pila dun sa darating na shipment eh. need ko pa benta Missions ko  :( but let us see baka naman magawaan na bili muna bago benta  ;D

truly...  :)

we have to learn na happy na tayo, kung hindi maging masyadong oc na tayo sa details and forget that the setups are for us to enjoy the movies as a whole.

or as they say, go for gold na agad para wala ng duda at alinlagan if what we have can still be improved.  ;D

mahirap bumisita sa thread na ganito na masyadong active, napapabilis ang palit tuloy :) siguro parang kotse din yung setup natin that after awhile we tend to want a newer one  :D
« Last Edit: Jan 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM by vtec3 »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #627 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 12:17 PM »

No idea on when the L-series would be released. Mahal na din yan cguro. :P

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 12:35 PM »
No idea on when the L-series would be released. Mahal na din yan cguro. :P

as i remember sir mike said. kaya s, m and l ang tawag sa series its because its small, medium and large. kaya i think for most of us, s and m would be the better choice.

m lang nga 85k na yung fs...  :o :o :o the L would definitely be...  :o :o :o

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #629 on: Jan 10, 2011 at 12:50 PM »
SML...san miguel light ;D