Author Topic: Egreat R-Series(1073) R200 Users & Support Thread  (Read 93354 times)

Offline toys4geeks

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
Egreat R-Series(1073) R200 Users & Support Thread
« on: Jan 17, 2011 at 08:43 PM »
I updated both original posts below to contain the URL where to grab firmware
Egreat R200 & R200 Pro 1080P HD Media Player
Egreat R6B 1080P HD Media Player
EGR-R6B (R6B)   
1.0.1.10.rar (12.82MB)
EGR-R1 (R200/R200 Pro)   
1.0.5.39.rar (54.45MB)
a. check your fw version before upgrading
b. Antivirus check your PC :) ! Format a USB as FAT32
c. download the fw, unRAR (output is fw file: install.img) and copy to your USB
d. power off unit, ensure you are plugged to a UPS before starting firmware upgrade.
e. plug USB flash disk containing unRARed firmware

* fw posted only upon request.
** upgrades are high risk, UPS is a necessary precaution to avoid firmware corruption (ie. during flash, power goes off, can render your unit inoperable, voiding the warranty), and is not covered by standard RMA. This means, in a failed fw upgrade leading to an inoperable unit, shipping/return costs from CN to PHL is at customers expense,

Want to know what 2011 Egreat users say about R200 and R6B?  Egreat NMTsANNOUNCEMENT: New firmware released for Egreat R6B
WARNING: upgrade w/o UPS can render your R6B inoperable. Always use a UPS during firmware upgrade!
download firmware:
R6B EGR-R6B_1.0.1.10.rar
R200 EGR_R1_1.0.5.39.rar
REGISTER: just email your serial number to [email protected]

R200 (screenshots, pictures & quick start guide)

The manual that go with the egreat R-200 Pro box set leaves much room for improvement, esp. the english translation and quality of print.

So, when time permits,  I'll make the follow and post here (until i get my site up):

a. a quick start guide/howto for R200 Pro (screenshots, do's and dont's)  .. done toys4geeks R200 buyers, just email me, your serial number, will email  your *.pdf including warranty card.
b.
show how to install 3.5" internal SATA drive (up to 2TB)

b. Copy or move between internal disk and the 2nd SATA drive (reear bare sata connection)
eGreat R200 Pro can copy files between media. For best transfer rate between internal and 2nd  SATA drive using just the rear bare SATA connector.

FILE COPY

FILE COPY SCREENSHOTS (refresh to replay screenshots)

b. show the R200 Internet Media Service (IMS)
Main->IMS

b. setup wifi
c. access torrent

« Last Edit: Sep 23, 2011 at 02:16 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: NMT - Egreat R-200 Pro
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 09:13 PM »
Main Menu of Egreat R-200 Pro

Movies -
     I suggest you arrange your file into categories (Bluray, Movies, Movie Series, TV Series, Concerts)
     This will enable you to search for a movie faster.
     The R-200 also  has the capability to play your BD rip immediately by just pointing to the folder
     You can configure your Navi Key to either advance to a scene or change subtitle option
     You can set the subtitle to auto on or off

Settings -
     Audio, Video, Network and two others that i forgot. Posted a picture of this sa Egreat Thread.
     Audio - simple setting only, i prefer to choose RAW (Passthrough)
     Video - Aspect Ratio, Scan Mode, Brightness, Contrast
     Video - still trying to figure out the right balane, currently set Brightness/Contrast at 25.
     Video - Aspect Ration (16x9 or 16x10)
     Scan -  nilagay ko sa Auto (I think  :))
     Extra - This is where you set your Navi, Language, Font etc.

Will try to take picture of each menu if I will have time. But not until next week. Super Busy kasi  :(

I suggest also not to use HDD Dock as I encountered some difficulty which is probably cause by HDD parking. Madali lang naman magkabit/change ng HDD so why spend pa on power sa dock, save the earth  :)

« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011 at 09:34 PM by vtec3 »

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 09:32 PM »
Also the more HDD you connect to your R200 Pro the slower the boot time will be. So better talaga siguro yung HDD lang sa loob ng unit. Almost immediately after power on lalabas agad yung Egreat Screen. It will take around 20 seconds to be able to access both your HDD if mayron nakakabit na HDD Dock. The same or even faster sa Mede8er 300x ko  ;D

Isa pa pala that affects the boot time I guess is humahanap siya ng Wifi. Have not figure out how to disable this  ???

Yung interval ng forward navi button is around 2 minutes per slow press. But you can press continuously to go further. Easier way is to use the button which allow you to go to a specific time similar sa Mede8er.

Mayron din Zoom Button parang hangang 4x will check again. Diko na kasi ginagamit itong option na ito eh  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011 at 09:36 PM by vtec3 »

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 17, 2011 at 09:40 PM »
Malinaw naman generally even if yung setting nung brightness and contrast is set sa 25 projected on a 90" screen  ;)

Considering phone cam lang po ito and this is not a huge mkv file a little above 4GB lang  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011 at 09:41 PM by vtec3 »

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Egreat R200 & R200 Pro 1080P HD Media Player
« Reply #4 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 04:25 PM »
Hi all,

Opening the topic on R200/R200 pro here.

With eGreat making good in its promise - Realtek and Sigma based players about. This gives eGreat the flexibility to offer best of breed solutions on the two chipset.

R200 is Realtek and comes in two flavors R200 and R200 Pro (with Wifi module hindi dongle para pogi).

Most welcome are users to provide feedback and how it fares with your other players.

Let me share a thing or two about firmware...

NMTs  need to update firmware to fix problems, or enhance features, those gaps that they leave behind during product release. That may be the case for egreat but that's where pedigree comes in. You know they've been around for some time, and thus seen this phase and perfected their offers. and with the two chipsets in use in their expanded offering, you can expect better players that improve over time.

Those who catch up fix their problems. --- that's normal if you jump into the biz late (and you are still testing the market, and play catch up) or you just have buggy software, period. I trust all sellers here at PDVD are users of the product first than peddlers. I, for one, am a user.

Think about it : why fix when in aint broke? --- you risk your units to firmware corruption if you upgrade it. worse if power goes or fluctuate (i.e. your sister's blowdryer next room konked out as you upgrade) you end up with an expensive paper weight!!

Mind you, the R200 and R6B have the latest firmware -- beyond those posted in the website so I spared you the trouble of upgrading, (well... my selfish agenda was --  i dont want to upgrade my 70 R200 units sold  one by one so i had the factory do it, and made sure you get the only best).

So if you made a mistake (and afraid to admit)  downgrading the firmware, I'd help you, but you need to be honest bcoz one of the major RMA hassle is to ship all those goods back to the plant only for a reflash, not good for the environment and sure left you waiting for weeks months even.

IMHO,  egreat has good, and much mature firmware, so expect less updates coz all hoops that need jumping, they've seen and done it at least 5 years prior from the next distant player.

As a seller, reputation is all that is.. so I promise you this -- when new upgrades go out, i'll mail i test them first in our lab, list the changelog of  gains and fixes and be the first to advise the upgrades. I ask for patience and allow me some latitude to test for you.

It is with hope with this, all R200 from toys4geeks to be happy from day one until past their warranty. So you have more fun - AQ and PQ.

For now, spare yourselves from mods that just adds up to your pain, for that little gain. but any feedback on R200, let's list them down, i'll make sure eGreat gets then and make them listen with leveraged volume buys. And you help me minimize support concerns.

Here's the summary so far:

on R200 Pro :
- is cool and nice, can we get them  in black aluminum finish? (this i agree, solid black  or black in metal grain finish still :)
- have all cables include, like that m8r set (ready cables sets are nice, but is just junk to those with existing setup, it adds cost and weight)
- have batteries included, (batteries subject the goods to more scrutiny, i'd like receiving packages untouched by customs :)
- better AQ/PQ (ahh, may want to check your TV settings, this baby has the better PQ/AQ than my old C200 -love it)
- egreat has limited support. (on the contrary, toys4geeks buys get latest firmware, and i opened this forum so we can consolidate feedback (good or bad)
- LED remote (oh i would love to have that, coz my C200 has em)
- front panel controls, (hmm, nice to have but jacks the price up, i guess if there's an R200 Ultra planned, that's something to think about, i like its price vs. Popcorns and Xtreamers)
- USB DVD ROM option (egreat has this, but i did not order coz color does not match with the unit, get a slimline samsung/lg for the same job to match the color)
- extended warranty, even if it means paying extra (I am working on this, by paying extra you can get protection from equipment failure )

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2011 at 09:58 AM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
Re: Egreat R200 & R200 Pro 1080P HD Media Player
« Reply #5 on: Jan 21, 2011 at 05:53 PM »
^^^ yeah it does not need any firmware update if everything is well. A friend who bought a 31a unit stock(no firmware upgrade) since day1 is still using his unit worry and hassle free up to this day.

Sir jim thank you for the fast and smooth transaction of my friend's 3 xR200 pro. I tested it and it was so cool, ganda ng pq and sq out of the box and naka default lang settings unlike sa isa ko nmt na ina-adjust pa :( Ang ganda din ng casing, mamahalin tignan at mabigat sya, hindi paper weight ika ng ;D Till my next purchase sir. also changing the internal drive is so easy, hindi nakakatakot yung latch kasi solid talaga sya unlike sa iba na plastic at may screws pa ;D

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Feb 06, 2011 at 06:09 PM »
]INFO: R200 Pro firmware (1.00.39) released toys4geeks R200 pro 1.00.35 -> 1.00.39. (make sure you are on UPS when upgrading)
« Last Edit: Feb 06, 2011 at 06:12 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2011 at 12:06 PM »
Just wanted to share with you my non-professional review of the Egreat R200.

Box Contents

NMT player, Manual, Esata cable connection, Wireless network antenna, Power adapter and Remote control!

Front

Fronting this sleek silver aluminum casing is an LCD panel which shows you the following information during playback:

Resolution setting: 1080p/720p light's up in RED in the upper left hand corner of the panel
Play symbol: lights up in RED during playback
Image of a Disc: cut like a pizza pie, which rotates clockwise - alternately changing from YELLOW and RED lights
Time: shown in YELLOW, has hours:minutes:seconds (00:00:00) in exactly the same order
Connection: shows how the NMT is connected - HDMIlit in RED
On Indicator: lights up in BLUE when the NMT player is "on" and turns to RED when the player is "off"

The new and improved Egreat Logo, which has a lighter shade of silver for it to be visible from it's aluminum casing

Back

At the back, there is component video out, composite video, analog left & right audio, HDMI, optical and coaxial audio out, a LAN port and option on attaching a wifi antenna for wireless networking.

Internal Storage

You can manually "insert/load" an internal 3.5" HDD thru the side, upto 2TB capacity, by simply opening the access flap just like loading a cassette tape in our old tape decks sometime ago.

External Storage

Same as any other NMT player there is a slave USB port (for attaching the R200 to your PC for management and transfer of files in your internal HDD). Two USB ports and a unique Sata port for your external HDDs.

Remote

The remote is pretty straight forward. Most commonly used buttons are very easy to access. It would have been cool if it lit up just like the one provided on the S7A model :)

GUI

The Gui has changed drastically from the M31B, better now, black background with full color images when selected. 8)

Loading time is impressive. I still don't have an available internal HD, but connected 2 1TB external HD's on both USB ports behind the player. From the time I press the power button, upto the main MENU is shown on the LCD - 20 secs and another 30 secs to fully read the 2 1TB external HD's.

There is also a "preview" feature window on the movie file. As you press ENTER on the movie folder you wish to watch, there is a small screen to the right, which will show the preview of the film. Kinda like a picture in a picture effect on an LCD. ;)

Set-up Menu

Audio: offers Night Mode option, sets HDMI and SPDIF Output
Video: Offers Aspect Ratio, Scan Mode settings, Brightness, Contrast, DNR, Video System & SD Video System setting
Network: offers Wired Lan or Wireless set-ups
System: offers Language, Text Encoding, Subtitle Automation Recognition, Font, Login Control, BT and SAMBA, System Update, HDD Format, Restore Default and System Info.
BD/DVD: offers Audio, Subtitle, R/RW Auto-Play, Angle Mark and Bluray Folder AutoPlay
MISC: offers Resume Play settings, Slide Show Timing, Transition Effect, Ken Burns, Seamless Playback, Background Music, Screen Saver, Movie Preview and Navigation Key Function

Image Quality

IQ is superb. Is better, if not, equal to the M31B as far as I'm concerned. :)

Feature

Offers File Copy. Giving you the ability to transfer files from internal HD to external HD, whether it be thru SATA or USB connection. :)

Playability

So far it played every single file I threw at it. It also plays ISO files whether they be Bluray or DVD rip. ;)

During playback, there are several options for scanning a scene. You can scan a scene by jumping from chapter to chapter, scanning to a particular time frame and scanning using the scan bar. When scanning for a particular scene, as soon as you scan and find the scene you are looking for, movie resumes without pause unlike the M31B, where there is a lag/delay for a fraction of a second.

Also, during playback, you can access the set-up menu, at any given time, thru the "Set-up" button on the remote. The set-up menu will appear and the movie is paused and will be seen in as a background on the set-up menu with a watermark effect.

Sub-title is easier to manage than that of the M31B. You have the option to switch the subtitle "on" or "off," Time Sync, change the Color, Outline Color and Font Size.

Zoom option is also available. You can zoom a particular scene during playback, upto 8x it's original size.

Resume playback is also available. When returning to a file which you have accessed at some point in time, the screen will prompt for you to confirm resume playback or cancel. Choosing the latter will restart the film from the beginning.

Audio

Out of the box, the R200 offers the following:
Dolby Digital (AC3) Downmix: Yes
Dolby Digital (AC3) Passthrough: Yes
DTS Downmix: Yes
DTS Passthrough: Yes

Just like the M31B, it automatically detects the type of audio output of a given file. I have a file with DTS MA and another with DD TrueHD. During playback, the audio output reflected on the receiver is DTS core and Dolby Digital core respectively. My receiver is not capable of decoding Master Audio or TrueHD, so I wouldn't know if the player is actually capable of such, but the SQ is very, very good.

Conclusion

This is just my initial review of this product. PQ and SQ of this player is superb and navigation to go from menu to menu, folder to folder is pretty easy. Even if you don't read the manual, you will know your way around the player. I still have yet to play around with the network capabilities of this player when time permits.

Overall, I am very happy with this upgrade from the M31B. It's everything that I wanted on an NMT player and more...handed to me in a silver platter. Pure convience in every essence of the word. :)

Some screenshots taken during playback ;D

Austin Powers in Goldmember

Cool Runnngs

Incredible Hulk

Never Back Down

Warner Brothers: Coyote Fall

How To Train Your Dragon

Ratatouille

Legends of Jazz Showcase

Beyonce...I Am Yours

Dave Matthew's & Tim Reynolds Live

Offline THE Dream

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #8 on: Feb 11, 2011 at 12:03 PM »
Mga Bossing...inquire ko lang sa mga bumili ng R200. Have you tried the BT function? How was it? Was thinking of buying. Impt sa akin BT.

Salamat po...

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Last Edit: Apr 20, 2011 at 06:51 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline nogo

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #10 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:54 AM »
Hi mga bossing, I have a few questions regarding this unit.

1. As per review above by sir stickfighter, it will Passthrough AC3 audio, how about AAC? I own WD TV Live but some files with AAC format wont passthrough HDMI. (still unresolved issue of WDTV)
2. For audio sample rate i.e 96khz, will it passthrough HDMI without down sampling to 48khz? (unresolved issue of WDTV)
3. Will it play MKV file with compression header on? (An issue of the past of WDTV)
4. For video zooming, what is the increment per button press?

If the issues above (1-3) is taken cared of this unit, I think this would be the best media player relative to its price. I would surely replace my WDTV Live with this one.

Thanks

LG42LA6200
Marantz SR5008/NR1604(O)
BW685S2/Q3020 (O)
SVS PB1000/SB12NSD (O)
PCHA410
BD-F5500K

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Apr 12, 2011 at 08:16 PM »
can you send me a sample or torrent file for each of those you mentioned?  I can try. but I've never encountered files that wont play. I'd like to test it.
Dont quote me but very likely, knowing egreat, addressed nya lahat yan. for question 4, i'll check later.

Regards

t4g

1. As per review above by sir stickfighter, it will Passthrough AC3 audio, how about AAC? I own WD TV Live but some files with AAC format wont passthrough HDMI. (still unresolved issue of WDTV)
2. For audio sample rate i.e 96khz, will it passthrough HDMI without down sampling to 48khz? (unresolved issue of WDTV)
3. Will it play MKV file with compression header on? (An issue of the past of WDTV)

If the issues above (1-3) is taken cared of this unit, I think this would be the best media player relative to its price. I would surely replace my WDTV Live with this one.

Thanks

toy

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 01:09 AM »

Thanks

Hi sir Nogo. I think all the issues you have above is NOT an issue with the Egreat. But to be sure, I will check later when I get home and post results here.

Stand by... :)

Offline nogo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 08:51 AM »
Hi sir Nogo. I think all the issues you have above is NOT an issue with the Egreat. But to be sure, I will check later when I get home and post results here.

Stand by... :)

Thank you sir stickfighter.
LG42LA6200
Marantz SR5008/NR1604(O)
BW685S2/Q3020 (O)
SVS PB1000/SB12NSD (O)
PCHA410
BD-F5500K

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:08 AM »
Hi sir Nogo...was not very helpful here in giving you results. I went thru every single file I have stored on 4TB of files and I just realized that I don't have a single file with AAC. So...

#1 & #2 - Is there a way you can provide me a link where I can download such a file, so I may try it on the player? PM me the link of a file.

#3 - Sir Jim, would you know where I can access this option on the R200? I went thru every single option available under set-up and I can't find an option to play a file with compression header on.

#4 - Zoom increments: starts at x1 ---> x2 ---> x3 ---> x4 ---> x8, then back to x1 again.  :)

Offline nogo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 01:27 PM »
Hi sir Nogo...was not very helpful here in giving you results. I went thru every single file I have stored on 4TB of files and I just realized that I don't have a single file with AAC. So...

#1 & #2 - Is there a way you can provide me a link where I can download such a file, so I may try it on the player? PM me the link of a file.

#3 - Sir Jim, would you know where I can access this option on the R200? I went thru every single option available under set-up and I can't find an option to play a file with compression header on.

#4 - Zoom increments: starts at x1 ---> x2 ---> x3 ---> x4 ---> x8, then back to x1 again.  :)

Hi sir stickfighter, I just downloaded the files via torrent. Nakalimutan ko lang kung anong torrent site yun. D ko lang napansin yun dati kasi wla pa ako AVR nun, so naka-stereo yung config ko sa WD Live, it plays both audio and video. Nung dumating na AVR ko (Yamaha rx-v467), so changed my WD Live config to Digital Passthrough (HDMI), sad to say wala ng audio. What I did, I converted the mp4 file to mkv then  I used audioconverter (for PopCorn Hour) to convert audio to AC3. Then the 5.1 audio came out. Nagpost ako sa WD community but seems wala pa sila nagawa. Kaya mapilitan ako na palitan yung WD Live to another NMT o kaya HTPC na lang ako. But I still prefer NMT for portability and cost-efficiency in terms of power consumption.
LG42LA6200
Marantz SR5008/NR1604(O)
BW685S2/Q3020 (O)
SVS PB1000/SB12NSD (O)
PCHA410
BD-F5500K

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 06:29 PM »
Hi sir stickfighter, I just downloaded the files via torrent. Nakalimutan ko lang kung anong torrent site yun. D ko lang napansin yun dati kasi wla pa ako AVR nun, so naka-stereo yung config ko sa WD Live, it plays both audio and video. Nung dumating na AVR ko (Yamaha rx-v467), so changed my WD Live config to Digital Passthrough (HDMI), sad to say wala ng audio. What I did, I converted the mp4 file to mkv then  I used audioconverter (for PopCorn Hour) to convert audio to AC3. Then the 5.1 audio came out. Nagpost ako sa WD community but seems wala pa sila nagawa. Kaya mapilitan ako na palitan yung WD Live to another NMT o kaya HTPC na lang ako. But I still prefer NMT for portability and cost-efficiency in terms of power consumption.

I see...ok, I will check on the web, what files I can download with AAC, so I can test it. I will post results here. :)

Offline toys4geeks

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM »
@nogo -  from experience, wala pa ko sablay Egreat, kaya si stickfighter very eager to find out. I have numerous AAC pero not sure what to look for on your 1,2,3 (cant download now kasi concall si misis sa bahay :)
@stickfighter - Dunno if its just a matter of presenting a file that has compression header on and see if it place? isip ko baka Egreat does it automagically, never had the need for #3 :)
« Last Edit: Apr 13, 2011 at 10:21 PM by toys4geeks »
toy

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 08:03 AM »
It's finally here --

R200 limited edition  (in black)

ang pogi nito  ;)

Offline nogo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 08:57 AM »
@nogo -  from experience, wala pa ko sablay Egreat, kaya si stickfighter very eager to find out. I have numerous AAC pero not sure what to look for on your 1,2,3 (cant download now kasi concall si misis sa bahay :)
@stickfighter - Dunno if its just a matter of presenting a file that has compression header on and see if it place? isip ko baka Egreat does it automagically, never had the need for #3 :)

@toys4geeks - sana sir matry mo yung files na yun. Also from my last post "Also ask ko na rin kung kaya ng egreat R200 mag "bit-stream" ng HD Audio both Dolby and DTS without downstream to Dolby and DTS core only. Sa WD Live when I played Dolby TrueHD it registers Dolby TrueHD to the AVR but not for DTS MA, it only reads the DTS core."
. CAn you confirm it that it will passthrough raw audio stream when using an AVR that can decode DTS-MA and DTrueHD?

Thanks
LG42LA6200
Marantz SR5008/NR1604(O)
BW685S2/Q3020 (O)
SVS PB1000/SB12NSD (O)
PCHA410
BD-F5500K

Offline RU9

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #20 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 11:07 AM »
@toys4geeks, ask ko rin:

I play these files on my H0155.

VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB

Problem is the gap when the player changes from  VTS_01_0.VOB to VTS_01_1.VOB.
It is really annoying. I was expecting this to be continous.

Does this nmt--R200 solve the problem?

I can always merge the files, but more files will kill your patience.

« Last Edit: Apr 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM by RU9 »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 375
« Reply #21 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 01:56 PM »
@toys4geeks ......... sent you PM. Thanks.

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 08:12 PM »
@toys4geeks, ask ko rin:

I play these files on my H0155.

VTS_01_0.VOB
VTS_01_1.VOB

Problem is the gap when the player changes from  VTS_01_0.VOB to VTS_01_1.VOB.
It is really annoying. I was expecting this to be continous.

Does this nmt--R200 solve the problem?

I can always merge the files, but more files will kill your patience.

Hi sir...let me answer in behalf of sir Jim. Files with .VOB extensions are normally rips from original copies. I ripped one of my dvd's and saved it on my hard drive. Sad to say, the gap jumping from one file to another is still happening with the R200, but the gap is pretty short...just a fraction of a second. :)

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 08:16 PM »
@toys4geeks - sana sir matry mo yung files na yun. Also from my last post "Also ask ko na rin kung kaya ng egreat R200 mag "bit-stream" ng HD Audio both Dolby and DTS without downstream to Dolby and DTS core only. Sa WD Live when I played Dolby TrueHD it registers Dolby TrueHD to the AVR but not for DTS MA, it only reads the DTS core."
. CAn you confirm it that it will passthrough raw audio stream when using an AVR that can decode DTS-MA and DTrueHD?

Thanks

Hi sir Nogo, I will get to that link you sent me. Once I download it, I will test it for you. :)

As for your concern above, is your receiver capable of processing Dolby TrueHD and DTS MA? If it does, then you don't have a problem with bit-streaming HD Audio. In my case, my receiver is NOT capable of Dolby TrueHD and DTS MA, therefore, when I watch movies with Dolby TrueHD or DTS MA, it downstreams to Dolby and DTS core only. :(

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #24 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 09:17 PM »
Hi sir...let me answer in behalf of sir Jim. Files with .VOB extensions are normally rips from original copies. I ripped one of my dvd's and saved it on my hard drive. Sad to say, the gap jumping from one file to another is still happening with the R200, but the gap is pretty short...just a fraction of a second. :)

Posted this query in 4 different threads. This is my first reply. Thank you.
Is there an nmt that will play the video files gapless?

Thanks

Offline jgl

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #25 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 10:09 PM »
Can the R200 display moviesheets?

@nogo, I believe WDLive hasn't addressed the issue yet w/ AAC vids, and w/ your setup sound may come out using your WDLive if you set audio to Stereo and not Digital.

Offline theshade

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #26 on: Apr 14, 2011 at 11:56 PM »
Will this play 5.1 using coaxial or optical?  I can't seem to make 5.1 work.  I have a non hdmi receiver.

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 12:47 AM »
Posted this query in 4 different threads. This is my first reply. Thank you.
Is there an nmt that will play the video files gapless?

Thanks

That's the same question I have sir, but i really don't know if there is one. I don't bother or won't waste my time, kasi out of my 4TB compilation, I only have 1 file na ganyan sir. Cheers! ;D

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 12:48 AM »
Can the R200 display moviesheets?

Hi sir...pardon my ignorance sir, but can you elaborate more on what a moviesheet is? :-[
« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2011 at 12:51 AM by stickfighter »

Offline stickfighter

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Apr 15, 2011 at 12:50 AM »
Will this play 5.1 using coaxial or optical?  I can't seem to make 5.1 work.  I have a non hdmi receiver.

Hi sir, yes...you can establish a 5.1 surround sound using coaxial or optical. Make sure your settings for the audio is set to the correct setting. :)