Author Topic: Share your HTPC Setup  (Read 344646 times)

Offline Kato

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • Carpe Diem!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Share your HTPC Setup
« Reply #810 on: Mar 28, 2006 at 04:24 AM »
Hey Jpadua,

Looks like nocturnal creature ka rin ah hehehe ;D

I really like that slim black casing since it deviates from the typical HTPC look. The ATI X300 on the DFI RS482 Infinity is good enough for most video playback up to 720p (maybe even up to 1080p with a fast Athlon). The lone slot can be reserved for a good sound card na siguro. What other mobo's would you recommend for 1U configurations? Di na ako updated sa mga bagong motherboard brands/models after a long hibernation from PC hardware/modding. May mga modders din ba dito sa PinoyDVD?

Marami na bang slot-loading DVD drives available for this black casing?

By the way, I've been looking for a good wireless keyboard with touchpad (preferably RF) na black. Maybe you have something like this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00083Y0YG/ref=ord_cart_shr/103-6907445-6993425?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance&n=172282 but this one's silver.

I'm also looking for good heat pipes. Any local sources?

Dami kong tanong. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2006 at 01:59 PM by Kato »

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #811 on: Mar 28, 2006 at 11:34 AM »
nice one sir jpadua :D ... how much naman kaya it will cost..???

Offline jpadua

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #812 on: Mar 28, 2006 at 02:40 PM »
Hey Jpadua,

Looks like nocturnal creature ka rin ah hehehe ;D

I really like that slim black casing since it deviates from the typical HTPC look. The ATI X300 on the DFI RS482 Infinity is good enough for most video playback up to 720p (maybe even up to 1080p with a fast Athlon). The lone slot can be reserved for a good sound card na siguro. What other mobo's would you recommend for 1U configurations? Di na ako updated sa mga bagong motherboard brands/models after a long hibernation from PC hardware/modding. May mga modders din ba dito sa PinoyDVD?

Marami na bang slot-loading DVD drives available for this black casing?

By the way, I've been looking for a good wireless keyboard with touchpad (preferably RF) na black. Maybe you have something like this? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00083Y0YG/ref=ord_cart_shr/103-6907445-6993425?%5Fencoding=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&v=glance&n=172282 but this one's silver.

I'm also looking for good heat pipes. Any local sources?

Dami kong tanong. Thanks in advance.

Cheers!

Kato! yeah I guess nocturnal na ako ngayon! can't sleep till its like 5am hehehe.  Its really hard to find the Perfect mobo since not all of them have complete onboard stuff.

The reason why I chose to use the DFI Rs482 becuase it looks like the best all arounder.  The fact that it has VGA/DVI/S-VID/Component/Spdif optical/USB/Firewire/Gbitlan all on the back port is phenomenal for a mATX board.  The X300 like you said would be sufficient enough for DVDs 720p.  There are other boards out there that have better video capabilities also aimed at the HTPC market which use the Geforce 6150/nforce430 chipset.

ASUS, Foxconn, and Gigabyte. 
Asus= DVI output only, 5.1 Analog Audio, spdif via optional bracket
Foxconn= VGA output only, 7.1 Analog Audio, spdif, s-video, via optional bracket
Gigabyte= VGA output only, 7.1 Analog Audio, spdif via optional bracket, included S-video/Component breakoutbox

These are all great nvidia based boards and way better IGP than the Radeon Xpress200 (X300IGP) but lack connectivity options out of the box.
You would just have to be selective based on your display device (DVI or VGA). Your case should have an 2nd extra slot though for the spdif bracket which the Slim case does not have any option for unfortunately.  But if you do plan to use the HTPC for Audiophile Analog Audio, then you may use the extra slot for the Audiocard and just rely on VGA for your video, use a USB TV tuner.  It really all depends on how you want to use it.

As far as I know there is only the Panasonic Slimline Slotload.  Which I ordered a long with the Case.  You can find lots of laptop DVD drives here naman, but as for slot loads you really have to buy it outside the PI.

Ive been using the BTC wireless keyboard which could be had at 2K sa Octagon.  Its pretty good.  Its RF and has very good range compared to logitech keyboards.  Also the BTC has a built in Joystick/Mouse controller.  You can switch from Mouse mode to Joystick game mode with a function keypress on the keyboard.  I'm loving this keyboard, although I still find it hard to type since I am not used to the key layout (parang laptop) compared to a traditional keyboard.

What do you mean by heatpipes... you mean CPU heatsinks that use heatpipes?  I can recommend some if this is what you are looking for but usually these HSFs need big cases. 

Zalman 9600 (TipidPC.com contact SERVO)
Akasa EVO120 (TipidPC.com contact WAYCOOL)
Bigtyphoon 120mm fan (Rising Sun)
XP120 (TipidPC.com contact WAYCOOL)
Scythe Ninja plus 120mm fan (TipidPC.com contact WAYCOOL)

For GPU cooling, the Zalman VF700 or the new VF900 (uses heatpipe technology) these are the best in my opinion if you use a high end video card.  (TipidPC.com contact SERVO)

If you are interested in the DFI RS482 Infinity you can also contact WAYCOOL of TPC.
« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2006 at 02:44 PM by jpadua »

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #813 on: Mar 28, 2006 at 02:50 PM »
nice one sir jpadua :D ... how much naman kaya it will cost..???

considering that I only had 1 package shipped, it comes out more expensive.  This is the package I got:

Slim case
1U Athlon64/Opteron Cooler
Slimline Slotload DVD-RW w/IDE converter
P4 12v etender cable
PCIe/PCI Riser Cards
Windows MCE
Windows MCE Remote
Shipping

$495 USD. naging mahal since I ordered Windows Media Center, MCE Remote and a Slotload Slimline DVDrw.  Pero kung case lang I'm sure it would be cheaper. 

Slimcase, 1U Cooler, PCI Risercard is all you need and might cost you just about $135 + shipping, not sure though.

Offline Kato

• Collector
  • Carpe Diem!
  • Liked:
« Reply #814 on: Mar 28, 2006 at 11:42 PM »
Hey Jpadua,

Thanks for all the recommendations and leads.

Ive been using the BTC wireless keyboard which could be had at 2K sa Octagon.  Its pretty good.  Its RF and has very good range compared to logitech keyboards.  Also the BTC has a built in Joystick/Mouse controller.  You can switch from Mouse mode to Joystick game mode with a function keypress on the keyboard.  I'm loving this keyboard, although I still find it hard to type since I am not used to the key layout (parang laptop) compared to a traditional keyboard.

I saw this one too, but the built-in joystick won't work for me. I already ordered the Adesso RF Keyboard with built-in Touchpad from Amazon. The touchpad is a major advantage and convenience for me since I'm used to my laptop's touchpad. Plus, touchpads give me more precise control. RF wireless devices are much better than IR since you don't need a direct line of sight to get a connection between the host and controller.

What do you mean by heatpipes... you mean CPU heatsinks that use heatpipes?  I can recommend some if this is what you are looking for but usually these HSFs need big cases. 

Yeah, I prefer using heat pipes for CPU cooling. I'll check out the ones you listed.

Most probably, I'll settle for an HTPC case that I can get locally, since I'll just be converting my existing desktop PC (ATX form factor mobo) into an HTPC. I pretty much have everything na, except for a nice looking case. If I have the time, I might just custom-build the front panel and case just like the good ol' modding days. The black slim 1U case is just tempting, pero too constricted for my needs siguro.

Thanks again! Keep us posted on your slim HTPC project.

Cheers!

« Last Edit: Mar 28, 2006 at 11:44 PM by Kato »

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #815 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 04:27 AM »
Hey Jpadua,

Thanks for all the recommendations and leads.

I saw this one too, but the built-in joystick won't work for me. I already ordered the Adesso RF Keyboard with built-in Touchpad from Amazon. The touchpad is a major advantage and convenience for me since I'm used to my laptop's touchpad. Plus, touchpads give me more precise control. RF wireless devices are much better than IR since you don't need a direct line of sight to get a connection between the host and controller.

Yeah, I prefer using heat pipes for CPU cooling. I'll check out the ones you listed.

Most probably, I'll settle for an HTPC case that I can get locally, since I'll just be converting my existing desktop PC (ATX form factor mobo) into an HTPC. I pretty much have everything na, except for a nice looking case. If I have the time, I might just custom-build the front panel and case just like the good ol' modding days. The black slim 1U case is just tempting, pero too constricted for my needs siguro.

Thanks again! Keep us posted on your slim HTPC project.

Cheers!

You know I saw a nice looking black desktop case in villman makati cinema square... I wasnt able to check the brand though... Its not an htpc case but It can be modded it looks nice...

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #816 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 03:49 PM »
hi sir jpadua, i saw some nice looking case at cyberzone mega yaesterday, not sure lang if its for HTPC. i think the brand name is ASUS. malapit siya sa apple center ata. but the balck case you had posted is much nicer i think.

The price that you'd mentioned ba ($135 + shipping and $495) is the one with updated front panel with VFD?
The reason why I chose to use the DFI Rs482 becuase it looks like the best all arounder.  The fact that it has VGA/DVI/S-VID/Component/Spdif optical/USB/Firewire/Gbitlan all on the back port is phenomenal for a mATX board.  The X300 like you said would be sufficient enough for DVDs 720p.

There are other boards out there that have better video capabilities also aimed at the HTPC market which use the Geforce 6150/nforce430 chipset.
same ba yan sir sa nakita ko? (ASUS brand)

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #817 on: Mar 29, 2006 at 03:53 PM »
I upload the pic of the casing tomorrow.

Offline Kato

• Collector
  • Carpe Diem!
  • Liked:
« Reply #818 on: Mar 30, 2006 at 11:41 AM »
Hey Jpadua! ;D I found an RS482 for around USD 110. Is that a good price?
« Last Edit: Mar 30, 2006 at 11:52 AM by Kato »

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #819 on: Mar 31, 2006 at 03:56 AM »
hi sir jpadua, i saw some nice looking case at cyberzone mega yaesterday, not sure lang if its for HTPC. i think the brand name is ASUS. malapit siya sa apple center ata. but the balck case you had posted is much nicer i think.

The price that you'd mentioned ba ($135 + shipping and $495) is the one with updated front panel with VFD? same ba yan sir sa nakita ko? (ASUS brand)

Maraming 6150 mobos, meron ang Asus/Gigagbyte/MSI  I think the ASUS board is locally available....

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #820 on: Mar 31, 2006 at 03:58 AM »
Hey Jpadua! ;D I found an RS482 for around USD 110. Is that a good price?

Yeah thats about normal retail, got mine for P5,500 dito brand is DFI and its better than MSI in my opinion. I can ask kung meron pa syang stock if you need one.

Offline Kato

• Collector
  • Carpe Diem!
  • Liked:
« Reply #821 on: Mar 31, 2006 at 04:11 AM »
Hey JP! Good morning! 8) I saw the DFI RS482 Infinity too. Ricky's planning on building his own HTPC, so he might be interested too. How's the Athlon 64 in terms of running Windows XP and XP 64?

Also, what are good PSU brands these days (400W and up)? Are Enermax and Task still good?

« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006 at 06:46 AM by Kato »

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #822 on: Mar 31, 2006 at 04:25 PM »
Hey JP! Good morning! 8) I saw the DFI RS482 Infinity too. Ricky's planning on building his own HTPC, so he might be interested too. How's the Athlon 64 in terms of running Windows XP and XP 64?

Also, what are good PSU brands these days (400W and up)? Are Enermax and Task still good?

Athlon64 is an awesome cpu.  Runs really cool and fast too.  I would recommend A64s for HTPCs since it runs cool therefore your fan can run qieter.  As for the PSU, a lot of people love TASK.  Ive had experiences with task though... I blew up 3 Task PSUs already :D.  Enermax is still good, but not that quiet.  One of the better ones out there is the HEC winpower 430w.  Runs reall quiet to my ears, really efficient meaning no wasted power that translates to heat which translate to louder fans.  Very stable 12v rails. 

Offline Funky_Monkey

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Hi
  • Liked:
« Reply #823 on: Mar 31, 2006 at 05:20 PM »
Anyone know how to connect DVI from computer to those surplus TV's in Pier?  Or where to find the D4, D3 cables?  Or is there a converter cable that converts DVI to Component video?

Im currently using S-Video to connect the computer to the Wega but Im thinking there should be a way to connect to the TV digital to digital.

Offline Kato

• Collector
  • Carpe Diem!
  • Liked:
« Reply #824 on: Mar 31, 2006 at 06:34 PM »
Hey JP and everyone,

I'm just helping out Ricky build his HTPC. I'm working on a shopping list for him, but I'm not that updated on the latest brands/models and current prices. I'm sure most of you are more updated and may have better recommendations in mind, so I thought this would be a great collaboration for an educational and friendly cause. Please feel free to suggest other options/alternatives or make amendments to my draft list below.

Thanks guys! 8)

Ricky's HTPC Shopping List

A. Motherboard (Socket 939):

Option 1. Foxconn 6150K8MA-8EKRS (4.5K)
   Option 2. DFI RS482 Infinity (5.5K)

B. Processor (Socket 939):

Option 1. AMD Athlon64 3000+ (7K)
   Option 2. AMD Athlon64 3200+ (9.5K)

C. Memory

Option 1. 1 GB DDR 400 184-pin PQI (4.5K)
   Option 2. 1 GB DDR 400 184-pin Kingston (5K)

D. Hard Disk

Option 1. 80 GB Seagate SATA 7200 RPM (3.3K)
   Option 2. 200 GB Seagate SATA 7200 RPM (5.3K)

E. Optical Drive

Option 1. Liteon SOHW-1635S (3.4K)
   Option 2. LG Collins 16x GSA-4167B (2.6K)

F. Casing

Option 1. Regular ATX Case (?)
   Option 2. HTPC Case (?)

G. CPU Cooler

Option 1. Zalman 9600 (?)
   Option 2. Akasa EVO120 (?)

H. Power Supply

Option 1. HEC 550w WinPower HEC-550TW-ATF (4.2K)
   Option 2. Enermax 430w EG465P-VE (4.2K)

I. Miscellaneous

Wireless Keyboard (2.5K)
   IR Multimedia Remote (?)

Offline number1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • Liked:
« Reply #825 on: Mar 31, 2006 at 07:01 PM »
Sorry if this off-topic or highjacking the thread....

But where can one buy mid- to high-end to speciality computer parts, ie. motherboard, cases, cooler, cpu....

Brands like DFI, Asus (mid to high end), gigabyte, thermalright...etc

If you go to Gilmore and other places, all they sell there are the low-end stuff, which are sufficient enough for some people but not for the purposes that I'm building a PC for.

For example, I was looking for an Asus A8N32-SLI and Coolermaster Stacker 830, but no one seem to have them here. One shop offered to special order the Asus but will take a very long time....

I wish we had something like newegg.com over here.

« Last Edit: Mar 31, 2006 at 07:02 PM by number1 »

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #826 on: Apr 01, 2006 at 09:44 AM »
nice input sir kato.... :) i hope other member may list down their want-specs also...

may masamang balak si bro ricky :D hehehe...

Offline Kato

• Collector
  • Carpe Diem!
  • Liked:
« Reply #827 on: Apr 01, 2006 at 12:58 PM »
Anyone know how to connect DVI from computer to those surplus TV's in Pier?  Or where to find the D4, D3 cables?  Or is there a converter cable that converts DVI to Component video?

Im currently using S-Video to connect the computer to the Wega but Im thinking there should be a way to connect to the TV digital to digital.

Hey Funky_Monkey,

DVI is digital while Component video is analog. So you'll basically need a Digital-to-Analog converter.

If your video card is ATI-based, then you can easily use a DVI-to-Component adapter like this: http://www.cyberguys.com/templates/searchdetail.asp?T1=121+2288&dept=tch2&search=1ca02&child=1ca02-1

For other video cards, the solution is not as direct and will be more expensive as you may need a converter/transcoder. Check out this nice discussion: http://hometheaterhifi.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-251.html

I hope this helps.  ;D

Cheers!
« Last Edit: Apr 01, 2006 at 01:00 PM by Kato »

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #828 on: Apr 01, 2006 at 06:36 PM »
Sorry if this off-topic or highjacking the thread....

But where can one buy mid- to high-end to speciality computer parts, ie. motherboard, cases, cooler, cpu....

Brands like DFI, Asus (mid to high end), gigabyte, thermalright...etc

If you go to Gilmore and other places, all they sell there are the low-end stuff, which are sufficient enough for some people but not for the purposes that I'm building a PC for.

For example, I was looking for an Asus A8N32-SLI and Coolermaster Stacker 830, but no one seem to have them here. One shop offered to special order the Asus but will take a very long time....

I wish we had something like newegg.com over here.

tipidpc.com is a good source for mid to high end PC parts...just use their search tool.  I found an Asus SLI mobo and a CM stacker there... minsan meron minsan wala just keep visiting and searching...

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #829 on: Apr 01, 2006 at 06:49 PM »

Try amd64  3500 venice P12,100

C. Memory

Option 1. 1 GB DDR 400 184-pin PQI (4.5K)
   Option 2. 1 GB DDR 400 184-pin Kingston (5K)

try also Geil Dual Channel 1GB P4,600

D. Hard Disk

Option 1. 80 GB Seagate SATA 7200 RPM (3.3K)
   Option 2. 200 GB Seagate SATA 7200 RPM (5.3K)

250GB Seagate sata 6,000 kaso 2 weeks pa bago magkaroon... I can get it for you

E. Optical Drive

Option 1. Liteon SOHW-1635S (3.4K)
   Option 2. LG Collins 16x GSA-4167B (2.6K)

Benq 1640 the best DVDRW in my opinion burns well on any disc! playable on regular DVD players also

F. Casing

Option 1. Regular ATX Case (?)
   Option 2. HTPC Case (?)

for a tower case the best is an Antec P180 Quiet and Great Cooling and Minimalist design.

G. CPU Cooler

Option 1. Zalman 9600 (?)
   Option 2. Akasa EVO120 (?)

The Zalamn 9600 is good I have one...
Akasa havent tried the evo 120

Scythe Ninja is the best one coupled with a 120mm fan - most efficient and very very silent... 120mm fan on low is better than a Zalaman9600 on high.  I can get one also... have to check the price though and availability.
Thermaltake tornado 120 best budget HSF, just change the fan to a 120 panaflo

H. Power Supply

Option 1. HEC 550w WinPower HEC-550TW-ATF (4.2K)
   Option 2. Enermax 430w EG465P-VE (4.2K)

I'd go for the winpower

I. Miscellaneous

Wireless Keyboard (2.5K)
   IR Multimedia Remote (?)

Not available here....
If u can still find a BTC wireless keyboard, maganda yun 2K kaso out of stock sa Octagon Stores ... check nalang for availability
IR Remote... I can get a Sapphire Theatrix TV tuner that uses the ATI Theater550 chip. Comes with a very nice remote thats also MCE compatible... I can get it for P4,300

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #830 on: Apr 01, 2006 at 10:55 PM »

Foxconn ... cons .. no dvi , s-video output is bad, you need an adaptor to get spdif digital audio out
                  pros  ..hd acceleration , purevideo , faster usb2 thruput, good overclocker

DFI   .... cons no HD acceleration, slower usb2 thruput, more difficult to buy , wala ata stock ngayon

......pros great overclocker , was able to get 2.4 Ghz A64 3800 xp equivalent from an A64 200o xp. , video out looks better for me , even sa VGA lang, complete set of video and audio outs.

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #831 on: Apr 01, 2006 at 11:09 PM »
Thanks so much guys esp Kato,Jpadua and jamban ;) pls keep it coming since there are a lot of factors to consider pala and hindi lang yung price ??? As for the price difference naman konti lang pala increments so i feel mapapamahal ako by always saying na since small diff alng naman sa price ill get the better one na :P :P :P

Offline timMCE

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #832 on: Apr 02, 2006 at 12:51 AM »
hi everyone, hi jay -- boss, I got the some channel guides to work but some are still out of sked. have you had a chance to fool around with TVXB and MCE yet? can you send me the .ini files... thanks

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #833 on: Apr 02, 2006 at 09:10 AM »
hi everyone, hi jay -- boss, I got the some channel guides to work but some are still out of sked. have you had a chance to fool around with TVXB and MCE yet? can you send me the .ini files... thanks

Hi Timmy, actually I havent played around with TVXB yet, havent installed MCE pa.. but I think I do have my old inifiles.. the ones that worked before...

Give me your email address I'll send it to you... see if it works.. although this ini file was for an older version of TVXB... the time nung wala pang bladerunner.

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #834 on: Apr 02, 2006 at 09:45 AM »
Kato, Ricky...

I think I've found an affordable mATX case (that can be oriented horizontally for an HTPC) that may be available locally!

It's made by chenbro... and I do know for a fact that Chenbro has local distro's here... You may have seen these cases already without you knowing... if you go to restaurants you might notice POS (point of sales) PCs where your waiter enters your order... thats the one...

There are two kinds of front bezels for this case... the one you see in the resto's is one... but maybe if you could talk to a Chenbro distro you can ask them to get the other facia which is more HTPC'ish...

« Last Edit: Apr 02, 2006 at 09:46 AM by jpadua »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #835 on: Apr 02, 2006 at 05:27 PM »
Wow cool looking case jpadua 8) Im not so particular about having athin htpc case kasi mahal ;D I'd rather spend for the hardwares 8) Around how much po kaya itong case na ito? Matzter told me he saw a nice looking htpc case for on 2.9t ;)

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #836 on: Apr 02, 2006 at 07:06 PM »
wow...ganda... :)

hope to build na din my htpc (tipid htpc lang) hehe :) di pa matuloy tuloy..

Offline jpadua

• DVD Addict
  • www.m2systech.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #837 on: Apr 03, 2006 at 01:37 AM »
I think mura lang yung chenbro, shouldnt be more than 2k... if it is indeed the one used for POS

Offline Kato

• Collector
  • Carpe Diem!
  • Liked:
« Reply #838 on: Apr 03, 2006 at 07:26 AM »
Hey Everyone,

I've been contemplating on a new video card for my HTPC and now I'm leaning towards an MSI GeForce 6600, specifically this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0007WZO4I/

I think it's the strongest candidate for my purpose because of all its nice HD-related features here: http://www.nvidia.com/page/purevideo_support.html plus it's got all the HD outputs I need: YPbPr component, VGA and DVI/HDMI

I'm just not sure if MSI is a good brand when it comes to video cards, although I've known them for their motherboards in the past.

Do you think this is a wise choice or are there better alternatives within the same price range? Or are ATI Radeon X Series better?

Thanks! ;D

BTW, Jay, that's a great looking HTPC case. Not as sleek as the black 1U one, pero pwedeng pwede na, specially for only under 2K. Sayang, my current board is ATX and I've got quite a few cards and drives, so I'll definitely end up with a big fat box ;D ;D

Yo Ricky, do you still wanna go for a regular-sized ATX casing or with this very affordable Chenbro case? My brother-in-law's GF is going abroad next month and she has an unused MSI ATX LGA775 motherboard, GeForce MX 4000 video card and Pentium 4 3GHz LGA775 processor, etc. etc. Dapat assemble ng bro-in-law ko for her kaso di nila natapos. Do you want me to ask her if she wants to sell them? Sabi ko kasi benta na lang niya or bigay sakin ;D ;D I think pwedeng-pwede yun sayo if you're not going for the mATX board.

« Last Edit: Apr 03, 2006 at 09:30 AM by Kato »

Offline ronjet

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #839 on: Apr 03, 2006 at 08:33 AM »
I think mura lang yung chenbro, shouldnt be more than 2k... if it is indeed the one used for POS

pwede na nga yun if less 2k nga. :)