Author Topic: Philips blu-ray swap BDP2700  (Read 9080 times)

Offline hubes

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Philips blu-ray swap BDP2700
« on: Mar 19, 2011 at 02:15 PM »
Hi guys. Is this player any good? Saw this ad in the link below.

http://everythinginbudget.blogspot.com/2011/03/philips-great-blu-ray-swap-save-6000.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Everythinginbudget+%28Everything+In+Budget%29

Details
Leave your old movie player behind and elevate your movie watching experience to a new level with the Philips Blu-ray BDP2700 player. Swap your old movie console - any brand of Betamax, VHS, VCD, DVD, Laser Disc, micro DVD or any movie player - with a Philips Blu-ray BDP2700 and they'll slash P6,000 from your purchase bringing it down from Php14,990 to only P8,990!

Mechanics
Consumer can trade in their working and non-working, any brand of VCD, VHS, Betamax, DVD, Laser Disc, Micro-DVD or any movie player for a Philips Blu-ray player BDP 2700 for only P8,990, saving you P6,000 from a standard retail price of P14,900.
Interested consumers will have to bring the players they plan to trade in to participating stores and proceed to the Philips deposit station to surrender the player.
An in-store promoter will get the old unit and place a "Certified Philips Blu-ray Convert" tape on the unit.
The promoter will prepare the Philips Blu-ray player BDP 2700 and place a "Certified Philips Blu-ray Convert" tape on the box of the unit to indicate the application of the discounted price.
The customer can now proceed to the cashier to pay for the player. The cashier will apply the discounted price upon presentation of the Philips Blu-ray BDP 2700 unit with a "Certified Philips Blu-rap Convert" tape on its box.
Payment can be made through cash or straight credit card payment. No 0% interest scheme.
The stores participating in the promotion are listed below.
Promotion is valid from March 15 to April 3, 2011 only.
« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2011 at 02:16 PM by hubes »

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Philips blu-ray swap BDP2700
« Reply #1 on: Mar 19, 2011 at 03:40 PM »
THEY'RE churning this kind of trade gimmick because Philips is now reduced to a beggar brand begging desperately for decent market share. Why go for a Philips Blu Ray unit when even in Europe the brand's Blu Ray's are selling dismally, Audio/Video periodical after periodicals like WhatHiFi? and Home Cinema Choice and Home Theater choruses almost in unison that Philips BD has no distinguishing edge for it - mediocre picture quality (yes, BD player resolution is not created equal), slow, no Region-free models, and subpar DVD upscaling. If you check out Philips' pricing in North American terms, their BD's are often sold for a liquidated-level values - around $50 to $60. When a brand tries to sell it that low, it couldn't elicit respect, only the thought that the brand has failed in the line and wants to arrest its losses.

Ang kapal naman ng mukha ng local Philips, asking almost P9,000 along with a trade-in. In truth you're not truly getting a good trade-off, because P9,000 is like paying cash for a brand-new unit from far more superior names likes LG, Sony and Panasonic, their units poised on the cutting-edge of high-def innovations. And where can you clinched a P9K or lower model thats miles better than the stinky Philips? Of course hindi sa Abenson o sa appliance store ni SM. Find it here in PDVD, look for vendors like Anya or DOM. Philips' so-called BD top of the line is model 7500 which it retails for P24,000+ -- bwaha!ha!ha!

Offline w3icehands

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 20, 2011 at 08:30 PM »
i saw this one too in robinsons mall.
Nakakaenganyo yung gimik na ganun...as in gusto ko na patusin right at that moment.
But good thing I'm a research freak...gusto ko muna mapatunayan kung bang for the buck ito...sadly if Alice Go is right edi...sad nalang hahaha. So I guess hindi parin sulit bilin/swap yung Philips BD na yun...

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 20, 2011 at 10:33 PM »
AFAIK, Philips' presence in the USA is limited, having withdrawn from that market a few years back.  Although another company has licensed the brand (in the USA), so product released in the USA might not be the same those released in Europe.

Philips' products are mostly priced lower than the competition in Europe, so the quality trade-off might be reasonable.

Region-free for DVDs (on Philips player) is possible via codes from internet sites.  Bluray Region lock cannot be circumvented, but it is also not possible on other brand players (save for one or two with hacked firmware).

Bluray players are priced unreasonably high here in the Philippines, maybe it's the extremely limited demand.  So the 9k (net of trade-in), is okay.  But not cheap per se (we are talking about Bluray Players bought from appliance stores).  Pioneer Bluray players can be bought for 11k (without trade-in), and players from Xenon and Nextbase are around 10-11k.  

While the Philips might be a better brand that Xenon, BDP 2700 has only just 2.1 analog out (7.1 possible via HDMI),  while Xenon has 7.1 analog out and Nextbase has 5.1.  The 11k Pioneer also has 2.1 out.

As for the Philips BDP7500, I use one, it's a great player and loads superfast (even the reviews say so).   Unfortunately, it died on me a few months after purchase, It's still under warranty and it just might be a coincidental lemon unit but it sours my perception of Philips' durability. So my next player will not be a Philips.
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2011 at 10:40 PM by techdude »
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #4 on: Mar 21, 2011 at 06:28 AM »
Same topic posted here:

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,133942.msg1380509.html#msg1380509

Please read the responses at that thread.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

Offline JamesBond007

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 21, 2011 at 08:54 PM »
hi guys. those who are looking for good but lower price BD players, anya is selling them.  go to DVD Top Merchant Stores here in pdvd and you might just still catch one of those.  3D BD players are even priced at less than P10k.

cheers.

Offline gienr

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 22, 2011 at 05:09 AM »
Comments of Alice Go are worth looking into and they are very interesting

Offline ALICE GO

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 22, 2011 at 09:00 AM »
THANKS a lot Sir GIENR. What I'm trying to say is when a store or a brand takes up a Sale or a Trade-In scheme people has to have a "street-wise" wisdom to be equipped from being hoodwinked. The Philips BD7500, for instance, is actually being retailed for P30,000 in the Gokongwei-owned stores, and yet a fellow here has reported that what he got has conked out in less than a year. Much of what places like malls, or brands like Sony or Philips states as Sale! are qualifiable marketing gimmicks thats often delusion. The newspapers and billboards makers who announces these Sales makes more money than what the buying consumer could actually extract as decent savings from the real transaction. Sa palagay niyo ba if Philips has a fair-price policy to start with, it'd retail that lemony BD units for P15K - only to retreat a year later and compulsed to asked P9,000 na lang ngayong linggo?

"Real" sales are few and far between. One such case is when Rustan's holds a sale - for example in the domain of luxury goods because thats what Rustan's sells about as its bread&butter/pandesal&queso. When Rustan's does, thats where you'll find folks "camping out" as early as 5 am in a Makati parking lot awaiting for the pagbubukang-liwayway and the golden-sheen doors opened for whoa! bargains......

Tulungan natin instead mga vendors natin dito sa PDVD. They periodically swallow the trouble of importing these things, and they try their utmost best to share some presyong kapatid....

Offline Carlo777

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 84
« Reply #8 on: Mar 27, 2011 at 12:35 AM »
Very interesting comments made by Ms.Go.

Dealing with these super chain stores/malls are really a pain! On a different note my friend use to deal with them as a supplier and we all felt na "parang masama ata ang loob nila...pag kumikita ka!"

On the topic, Philips, is a company that gives you a sudden rush of joy, but then it plummets to quick desperation. Most of the Philips items I have, had great picture quality as long as they were operational, but unfortunately -They don't operate long enough :( 

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2626
« Reply #9 on: Mar 27, 2011 at 05:38 AM »
given a choice will you get this philips bd player or a branded 3d bd player for less than 8k? ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 27, 2011 at 10:20 AM »
Details
Leave your old movie player behind and elevate your movie watching experience to a new level with the Philips Blu-ray BDP2700 player. Swap your old movie console - any brand of Betamax, VHS, VCD, DVD, Laser Disc, micro DVD or any movie player - with a Philips Blu-ray BDP2700 and they'll slash P6,000 from your purchase bringing it down from Php14,990 to only P8,990!

It's not a good deal.

It's the lowest-end Philips BD player.  Regular price at Amazon UK is £78.46.  Converted, that's only P5,441.65.

Philips Philippines is saying that their regular price is P14,990.  Special discounted price is P8,990, complete with exclamation point ...  :D  

That's still a rip-off.

« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2011 at 10:22 AM by barrister »

Offline Prometheus75

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM »
I almost bought this unit myself before, until I found out that it wasn't capable of playing DTS-HD audio. Fortunately, my brother bought me a 3D-capable BD player by Samsung from the US instead (my TV's not 3D-compatible yet though, but that's another story :D)

I guess people do get what they pay for :-[
« Last Edit: Mar 27, 2011 at 10:37 AM by Prometheus75 »
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

jcruze057

« Reply #12 on: Mar 29, 2011 at 07:15 PM »
Hi guys. Is this player any good? Saw this ad in the link below.

http://everythinginbudget.blogspot.com/2011/03/philips-great-blu-ray-swap-save-6000.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Everythinginbudget+%28Everything+In+Budget%29

Details

Mechanics
Consumer can trade in their working and non-working, any brand of VCD, VHS, Betamax, DVD, Laser Disc, Micro-DVD or any movie player for a Philips Blu-ray player BDP 2700 for only P8,990, saving you P6,000 from a standard retail price of P14,900.
Interested consumers will have to bring the players they plan to trade in to participating stores and proceed to the Philips deposit station to surrender the player.
An in-store promoter will get the old unit and place a "Certified Philips Blu-ray Convert" tape on the unit.
The promoter will prepare the Philips Blu-ray player BDP 2700 and place a "Certified Philips Blu-ray Convert" tape on the box of the unit to indicate the application of the discounted price.
The customer can now proceed to the cashier to pay for the player. The cashier will apply the discounted price upon presentation of the Philips Blu-ray BDP 2700 unit with a "Certified Philips Blu-rap Convert" tape on its box.
Payment can be made through cash or straight credit card payment. No 0% interest scheme.
The stores participating in the promotion are listed below.
Promotion is valid from March 15 to April 3, 2011 only.
interested ako dito but i only have an external buffalo dvd rw...pwede ba iswap yun?

jcruze057

« Reply #13 on: Mar 29, 2011 at 08:11 PM »
It's not a good deal.

It's the lowest-end Philips BD player.  Regular price at Amazon UK is £78.46.  Converted, that's only P5,441.65.

Philips Philippines is saying that their regular price is P14,990.  Special discounted price is P8,990, complete with exclamation point ...  :D  

That's still a rip-off.

are any cheaper bd player for uder 5k?

Offline Conan

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 796
« Reply #14 on: Mar 29, 2011 at 08:44 PM »
are any cheaper bd player for uder 5k?

Unlikely.
Polk Audio Reserve R200
B&W 606 S2 Anniversary Edition
NAD C368 Integrated Amplifier
Cambridge CXA60

jcruze057

« Reply #15 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 08:55 AM »
interested ako dito but i only have an external buffalo dvd rw...pwede ba iswap yun?
pwede kaya?

Offline AC

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 333
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 03:55 PM »
ot:
wala lang.. nabasa ko kasi betamax.. naalala ko greatest fear namin magkakapitbahay noon...

manood ng bold tapos mag brownout..  hehe

Offline Prometheus75

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 04:02 PM »
ot:
wala lang.. nabasa ko kasi betamax.. naalala ko greatest fear namin magkakapitbahay noon...

manood ng bold tapos mag brownout..  hehe

^
"OMG, makikita ni nanay si Taboo 5!"
Going 3D, at last! (And I don't care it it's a fad.)

Offline BusyChild

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #18 on: Mar 30, 2011 at 04:06 PM »
^
"OMG, makikita ni nanay si Taboo 5!"

Or The Devil in Miss Jones. Kasi hindi ma-"eject" yung "bala" kasi brownout nga naman.

Hehehe...  ;D
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline paramount

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #19 on: Aug 26, 2011 at 09:29 PM »
hi, need help on my remote, it is not working on my bd player, where can i have it repaired? or can i fix it?