Author Topic: Samsung 2011 UA40D5000 / UA37D5000 / UA32D5000 LED TV Full HDTV Review  (Read 111783 times)

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1458
baka nga di rin alam ng tech nila ang issue ng bleeding/clouding e.

exactly! di nga nila alam! lol he asked me repeatedly sa term. sabi ko back light bleeding, parang clouding sabi ko. nung ginagawa na nya yung report, "sir,clouding na lang lagay natin kasi baka pa-explain pa sa akin yung bleeding.baka puro dugo o pula isipin nila"  ;D ;D ;D made my day

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
exactly! di nga nila alam! lol he asked me repeatedly sa term. sabi ko back light bleeding, parang clouding sabi ko. nung ginagawa na nya yung report, "sir,clouding na lang lagay natin kasi baka pa-explain pa sa akin yung bleeding.baka puro dugo o pula isipin nila"  ;D ;D ;D made my day

LOL

and then we are supposed to trust these people to service our HDTVs when they conk.... hehehehehe

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
man,i totally forgot about the free bluray player! was surprised when the delivery man arrived last night. gave me my free bluray player.i didnt know what to do so i received it but didnt open it. not sure what to do with it now that the TV i got will be taken back soon when i get my refund.

the TV model that im planning to get as a replacement is also entitled to the same freebie bluray player promo.hmmmm....
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2011 at 08:34 AM by oznola »

Offline Daemon_Seraphim

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
HI everyone, just bought this tv. The colors and the text seem fuzzy and Im not sure which settings to change exactly. Any settings I can enable or change?
I am connected via HDMI 4 using my laptop.  Thank you very much. Hoping for your replies.

Offline abcerase

• Collector
  • Liked:
Thank you sir vic for the 37D5000! The crazy traffic last Saturday was all worth it! Able to fire up some HD materials, and my wife and I could say that it's a wise investment!

One thing I don't like is it exposed the inferior graphics of NBA 2k12..hehe :)

Thanks again!

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
so its 17 days now and looks like im gonna keep counting more. called them regarding my refund status, person i am in contact with says the refund request was rejected. says Samsung wants to send their "own" technician sa bahay muna to check again. unfortunately this technician is in Singapore and wont be back in a day or two. tentative schedule of this tech visiting will be this wednesday daw. tsk.this isnt going well.akala ko naman ok na......tsk tsk tsk  >:(

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Collector
  • Liked:
so its 17 days now and looks like im gonna keep counting more. called them regarding my refund status, person i am in contact with says the refund request was rejected. says Samsung wants to send their "own" technician sa bahay muna to check again. unfortunately this technician is in Singapore and wont be back in a day or two. tentative schedule of this tech visiting will be this wednesday daw. tsk.this isnt going well.akala ko naman ok na......tsk tsk tsk  >:(

In the meantime, mag-gather ka na ng data about backlight bleeds and/or clouding para maipakita mo sa kanya in the event na sabihin nyang technician na, he can't see anything wrong with your TV. Prove to him that consumers are not all dumb as they think.

Pag di nya alam ang clouding/bleeding, then he has no business in his line of work.

« Last Edit: Oct 17, 2011 at 03:34 PM by ezkerovalatzky »

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
In the meantime, mag-gather ka na ng data about backlight bleeds and/or clouding para maipakita mo sa kanya in the event na sabihin nyang technician na, he can't see anything wrong with your TV. Prove to him that consumers are not all dumb as they think.

Pag di nya alam ang clouding/bleeding, then he has no business in his line of work.

wednesday passed and no word from Sammy.im calling them first thing today and if that tech doesn't get dispatched today im making my complaint formal!

oh its gonna be impossible for him (tech) not to see the issue. its very obvious kahit na maliwanag ng konti halata na sa dark scenes talaga. if my 8 year old son sees it,i dont see how he cant.at wag sya magbibigay ng sablay na comments at gagamitin ko ito against them. im alowly losing my patience over this.ni walang nag u-update sa akin na na-reject pala yung refund request etc....i had to call pa,and nung isang beses na tumawag ako,i was told i will be called back but never heard anything back. tsk. oh well,magkakaalaman na lang soon...

wala silang karapatang gamiting ang "HIGH DEFINITION" sa products nila kung simple blacks lang di nila maipakita ng maayos sa screen!.  >:(

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
kaya ang Samsung ay hindi kasama sa list ng pinagpilian ko e. Dahil sa after sales.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
called them first thing thursday. spoke with the rep,asked what happened to the tech that was supposed to be dispatched out wednesday, she checked with the person in charge and got back to me saying that the tech will no longer be dispatched na and that the refund was re-submitted.

told her that its already taking a long time to get what needs to be done.almost a month na. tinanong ko how long i will wait again. she says 1-2 days daw ang processing nung request. sabi ko make sure na may tumawag naman sa akin to let me know kasi kung di ako tumatawag,di ko malalaman kung ano na ang status.

around lunch time,i got a call from the person in charge, she told me the same thing.refund request re-submitted yadda yadda yadda......  then i told her na ganun din sinabi nila sa akin several weeks back at nag antay ako at wala din nangyari....asked her what they needed from me pa para pag na-approve na e smooth na ang process. she asked me to email or fax a scanned copy of a valid id and my bank details (bank details i already gave her weeks ago). told her i was driving and that i cant take note of her email addy, asked her to send me one and that my email addy should be in the record already. she says its not  >:( so i had to dictate pa etc....

today,friday. no email. bwisit na yan!  >:(

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
sa inis ko,binuksan ko nga yung free bluray player and im gonna use that effin blupass!  >:(

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2669
^sayang, parang gusto ko sana iconsider ang model na ito konti na lang kasi difference sa price
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline JustinJao

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Gudam Sir Vic! pa send ([email protected]) nman po ng latest pricelist nyo ng mga LED & LCD TV and also with Home Theatre? Thanks and Regards!

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Gudam Sir Vic! pa send ([email protected]) nman po ng latest pricelist nyo ng mga LED & LCD TV and also with Home Theatre? Thanks and Regards!

sana dun ka na lang sa thread ng SnS nag post nyan. konting basa naman di yung walang pakundangang post na lang ng kung anong gusto  :P

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 134
^sayang, parang gusto ko sana iconsider ang model na ito konti na lang kasi difference sa price

Sir Philip, I have the 40D5000 and i'm very satisfied with it. the unit is very slim and i have it wall mounted in my condo. I use this tv to watch all the blu-rays i buy from you! hehe! :D This set has to be properly calibrated by turning down the backlight setting to 11 or 12 and adjusting contrast, etc. along with it. Out of the box it is on torch settings, with backlight turned to 20 and brightness to 100!!!

If you approach most LED's and LCD"s with their limitation with blacks never truly being black then youre fine. If you can't go Pioneer KURO.  ;D

But if youre just considering a new tv set maybe you can wait for another 6 months and as the new line of tv models will be released around march - may and they may have new features. I recently read that samsung was able to make a tv set work with only 1 side having LED's and still maintain the brightness. that would partially solve backlight bleeding with only 1 side having a row of LED's.

Offline Daemon_Seraphim

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Hi everyone! Care to share your calibrated settings?  I dont have any calibration device.  Thanks for your help.

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Sir Philip, I have the 40D5000 and i'm very satisfied with it. the unit is very slim and i have it wall mounted in my condo. I use this tv to watch all the blu-rays i buy from you! hehe! :D This set has to be properly calibrated by turning down the backlight setting to 11 or 12 and adjusting contrast, etc. along with it. Out of the box it is on torch settings, with backlight turned to 20 and brightness to 100!!!

If you approach most LED's and LCD"s with their limitation with blacks never truly being black then youre fine. If you can't go Pioneer KURO.  ;D

But if youre just considering a new tv set maybe you can wait for another 6 months and as the new line of tv models will be released around march - may and they may have new features. I recently read that samsung was able to make a tv set work with only 1 side having LED's and still maintain the brightness. that would partially solve backlight bleeding with only 1 side having a row of LED's.

tempting ;D

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

believe me,the bleeding on the unit i got is so bad that no setting whatsoever can lower it down to a tolerable limit. but yeah,some units seems good. an officemate recently got the same model from abroad and they say it doesn't have any issues.

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
believe me,the bleeding on the unit i got is so bad that no setting whatsoever can lower it down to a tolerable limit. but yeah,some units seems good. an officemate recently got the same model from abroad and they say it doesn't have any issues.

maybe they just don't know how to see it. At any rate, good for them.

@quest, i think having LEDs on just one side will result to a higher chance of bleeding as it will result to uneven lighting.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

@quest, i think having LEDs on just one side will result to a higher chance of bleeding as it will result to uneven lighting.

probably.sabi ko nga ok na yun kung wala kayo nakita.peace of mind nyo na yun  ;D

• Collector
  • Liked:

Sorry to hear that sir.

• Collector
  • Liked:

Haha! maybe, ignorance is bliss as they say.

@quitacet - as for the technology, the film used in the back lighting design helps focus and diffuse light, and used together with Local Dimming Technology and energy efficient LED bulbs.   so we'll see how this new technique helps. my next tv upgrade hopefully would be in 3-5 years from now. Hopefully large scale production of OLED's are done. :D

article on LG's new set.

LG Display Develops World's Most Energy Efficient LCD TV Panel

Seoul, Korea (October 9, 2011) – LG Display [NYSE: LPL, KRX: 034220], a leading innovator of thin-film transistor liquid crystal display (TFT-LCD) technology, today announced it has developed a 47-inch Full HD LCD panel, featuring vertical single side LED backlight technology, that offers maximum brightness while consuming less electricity than other LCD TV panels over 40 inches in size and even normal PC monitors over 20 inches in size.

The newly developed LCD panel achieves the world's lowest power consumption rate among large LCD panels by dramatically reducing the number of LED lamps used while maintaining a high level of brightness. To reduce the quantity of LED bulbs used, LG Display introduced its own backlight technology in which LED lamps are attached vertically to a single side of the panel, a world first for such technology.

Despite its large size, the 47-inch LCD panel uses only 28W, less than the power consumption of most 20-inch PC monitors which use between 30~50W. The LCD panel also delivers 400 Nits of brightness suitable for HD TVs through a three-film structure which helps focus and diffuse light, together with Local Dimming Technology and energy efficient LED bulbs.

Making it ideal for commercialization, the 47-inch LCD panel offers outstanding picture quality through its full HD resolution and ultra-slim design highlighted by its minimal 8.5mm bezel, in addition to its improved energy efficiency which will ensure cost savings for consumers.

"Together with our business partners, LG Display has developed this LCD technology to continue our commitment to improving energy efficiency with environmentally friendly solutions," said Shin Ho Kang, vice president and head of LG Display's LED Development Department. "We will continue to invest in developing more energy efficient technologies that can bring greater value to both the market and the environment."

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
finally got the email @ Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 2:22 PM  :P

Offline Daemon_Seraphim

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Pag may isang maliit na dead pixel ba ibabalik nyo pa for replacement? Halata lang siya pag tinignan closely.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Pag may isang maliit na dead pixel ba ibabalik nyo pa for replacement? Halata lang siya pag tinignan closely.

kung ako,a definite YES! because once makita ko na may issue kahit gaano kaliit, (a dead pixel is a big deal actually!) hindi ako matatahimik.it will always be at the back of my mind  :-\

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
got a call from Samsung. refund was approved last friday. i just need to send them a scanned copy of a valid ID and the bank details and they will deposit the amount to my account. finally!  :)

Online anya618

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
got a call from Samsung. refund was approved last friday. i just need to send them a scanned copy of a valid ID and the bank details and they will deposit the amount to my account. finally!  :)

ano balak nyo ipalit sir?

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
ano balak nyo ipalit sir?

deciding pa e. get a 32incher na lang ulit for regular TV viewing then PJ  ::)

or maybe LA40D550 na lang. LCD na lang ulit  ::) idk yet..

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
so,TV was picked up/pulled out last night. wala man lang abiso like i asked dun sa contact person nila.sabi ko let me know at least a day before pag kukunin na para siguradong may taong sasalubong.we were minutes away from leaving the house last night nung nag text yung kukuha.

no word on the refund if it was deposited already to my account. sabi nung nag pick up,once ma-receive sa office nila yung TV,dun pa lang i-process.

buti na lang at ilang araw kami wala sa bahay.

Offline ezkerovalatzky

• Collector
  • Liked:
so,TV was picked up/pulled out last night. wala man lang abiso like i asked dun sa contact person nila.sabi ko let me know at least a day before pag kukunin na para siguradong may taong sasalubong.we were minutes away from leaving the house last night nung nag text yung kukuha.

no word on the refund if it was deposited already to my account. sabi nung nag pick up,once ma-receive sa office nila yung TV,dun pa lang i-process.

buti na lang at ilang araw kami wala sa bahay.

I hope the refund gets approved or you'll end with no TV, no money.