Author Topic: Samsung 2011 UA40D5000 / UA37D5000 / UA32D5000 LED TV Full HDTV Review  (Read 111854 times)

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
deciding pa e. get a 32incher na lang ulit for regular TV viewing then PJ  ::)

or maybe LA40D550 na lang. LCD na lang ulit  ::) idk yet..

buti i decided to get the 40d550 sulit with built in media player that plays mkv and .m2ts files
decodes DTS as well...

dapat 40d5000 kunin ko e...buti nalang hehehe
Love me or hate me.....

Offline oznola

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1459
I hope the refund gets approved or you'll end with no TV, no money.

i know.i emailed the contact person just now asking for updates.wag lang magkakataon na ganun ang mangyayari.kawawa sila sa akin if that happens....i made sure i got everything documented and covered if this will go the long way...

Offline nivazoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
sirs! does the ua40d5000 have a vga out? vga cable kasi yung cable ko from pc to tv ko...ayaw ko na sana mag hdmi since hassle kasi mahaba yung vga ko at nasa kisame pa!! please help of meron vga..tia

Offline Quitacet

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
i know.i emailed the contact person just now asking for updates.wag lang magkakataon na ganun ang mangyayari.kawawa sila sa akin if that happens....i made sure i got everything documented and covered if this will go the long way...

What's the update, oznola?

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
What's the update, oznola?

well, i already bought a LA40D550 to replace it last monday. last update i got was that the cheques are released every friday. will email the contact person now to ask for updates. tinatamad ako tumawag.been busy enjoying the backlight bleed free lcd TV  ;)

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
well, i already bought a LA40D550 to replace it last monday. last update i got was that the cheques are released every friday. will email the contact person now to ask for updates. tinatamad ako tumawag.been busy enjoying the backlight bleed free lcd TV  ;)

Congrats. Enjoy your tv

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Congrats. Enjoy your tv

thank you. :)

here,i got a reply yesterday.

Sir,

I followed up your cheque and as per our accounting department, yours will be released on Friday the next week since it was submitted last week Tuesday to them. We're very sorry sir for the inconvenience. I'll just deposit immediately to your account the cheque once I received it.

Offline Night

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Matindi ba talaga bleeding ng model na to? Pinag pipilian ko kasi 37d5000 or yung bagong sony na 32" ex310. TIA!

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Matindi ba talaga bleeding ng model na to? Pinag pipilian ko kasi 37d5000 or yung bagong sony na 32" ex310. TIA!

prone talaga mga LED's even with other brands. not sure pero yang Sony model na yan ata yung may issue din but not sa backlight.much worse ata. may thread recently about it.

im happy with my LCD.yun na lang masasabi ko.  :)

Offline sentineldot88

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
I just recently bought UA37D5000 to replace my series 3 LCD, bought it for less than 30k in an appliance store in Makati. So far so good naman, and ang layo diff between an LCD and LED tv. The 37" consumes only 100 watts.  Im so spending the long weekend watching HD movies hehehe....

Offline [r0n1n]

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
buti i decided to get the 40d550 sulit with built in media player that plays mkv and .m2ts files
decodes DTS as well...

dapat 40d5000 kunin ko e...buti nalang hehehe

@ sir raider, do you mean 40d5500 (kulang ata ng isa zero hehe)? if yes, I also have the same model as yours. may question lang sana ako regarding mkv. i have a WDTV media player that does NOT play mkv unless you convert the movie using mkvmerge. the problem is, i have to convert each and every MKVs that i have before i watch it on my WD.

good thing, our tv plays MKVs. i plan to connect my external hdd via the usb port, and output the sound from the optical port of the led tv to my receiver. the question is, will I still be able to output true dts/dolby via optical port if the source (hdd) is connected to the usb port of the led tv? baka kasi pro logic lang yung output in case. i haven't connected it yet, kasi medyo maikli yung current optical cable ko. so i wanted to make sure na gagana before i purchase a longer optical cable.

thanks in advance!
Paradigm Studio 10 | Anthem MRX310 | Power Sound Audio XS30 | Mirage Prestige

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
@ sir raider, do you mean 40d5500 (kulang ata ng isa zero hehe)? if yes, I also have the same model as yours. may question lang sana ako regarding mkv. i have a WDTV media player that does NOT play mkv unless you convert the movie using mkvmerge. the problem is, i have to convert each and every MKVs that i have before i watch it on my WD.

good thing, our tv plays MKVs. i plan to connect my external hdd via the usb port, and output the sound from the optical port of the led tv to my receiver. the question is, will I still be able to output true dts/dolby via optical port if the source (hdd) is connected to the usb port of the led tv? baka kasi pro logic lang yung output in case. i haven't connected it yet, kasi medyo maikli yung current optical cable ko. so i wanted to make sure na gagana before i purchase a longer optical cable.

thanks in advance!

hehehe
40D550 po un
not sure with your tv bro

but as far as i know 40d5000 meron pero 40d5500 ewan ko hehehe

Love me or hate me.....

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
So,was told sa bahay na tumawag daw Samsung while i was sleeping (Friday afternoon). cheque was released na daw but sa monday na daw ma-deposit.idk if its because di nila na-save account details ko (gave it to them thrice already at may email pa ako!  :P )

emailed the contact person na the details again. well,at least matatapos na din....

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
hehehe
40D550 po un
not sure with your tv bro

but as far as i know 40d5000 meron pero 40d5500 ewan ko hehehe

Ah ok magkaibang model nga siguro. Anyway i've tried dolby and you can actually set the audio format sa tv but even when set to
Dolby, sa receiver e prologic p din   ??? ???

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
To maximize Allshare on your Sammy, download and install TVMOBILI on your Mac or PC.  No need for a media player.

;D

thanks sir for this, now I'm able to watch my movies on my tv kahit may gumagamit ng mac ko  ;D at mapapahinga ng din yung media player ko hehehe

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Finally the refund has been deposited last Monday.success na.  :D

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:

good news, ano pinalit mo sir?

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

Congrats.

Offline oznola

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

@ Ron1n  ;)

Thanks quitacet!  :)

Offline mrigil

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Pre when you say you switch to game mode on this tv you just basically switch to HDMI right? it doesnt really have a game mode? and bat ganun akala ko 100 hz motion rate nito bat sa manual optimum display nakalagay 1080P@60 HZ lang? can somebody explain i would definitely appreciate it. Thanks!

Offline mrigil

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
I also want to know how... Medyo ng may slight blurring kasi pay 60 Hz lang unlike sa 240 or 120 Hz...

guys any feedback on how we turn on the clear motion of 100HZ nakalagay ksi sa manula maximum output is 1080P@60HZ mejo contradicting kung ganun

Offline spacebulate03

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
i don't know kung natanong na before, have not backread the entire thread, tatanong ko lang kung may naka encounter na sa inyo ng problema pag naka network yung tv.

while playing movies sa usb/external hard drive, nababasa nya yung mga movies ko pero pag sa network galing, may error na "unsupported file format" daw. 720p na mkv lang yung sinususubukan kong i-iplay. thanks sa makakakasagot

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
guys any feedback on how we turn on the clear motion of 100HZ nakalagay ksi sa manula maximum output is 1080P@60HZ mejo contradicting kung ganun

as far as i know clear motion rate is the same as the response time sa other tv iba lang tawag ng samsung...
truemotion and clearmotion are different....hth
Love me or hate me.....

Offline tinoysounds

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
gurus,

just purchased a UA40D5000 yesterday...
can you pls give me the best configuration / settings so i can have the most out of it???
TIA ;D

Offline porsche996

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
gurus,

can you pls give me the best configuration / settings so i can have the most out of it???
TIA ;D

How was it? I'm planning to buy this weekend. Matindi ba talaga ang backlight bleeding?

If I purchase the UA40D5500 mas ok ba yun? or same lang ang difference lng is smart tv?

Offline [r0n1n]

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
If I purchase the UA40D5500 mas ok ba yun? or same lang ang difference lng is smart tv?

They basically are the same, tiningnan ko yung specs e isa pang difference bukod sa Smart tv yung 5500 e yung "Eco Label". Ginoogle ko nga, eto sabi sa Samsung website:

The EU Eco-label 'Flower' helps European consumers to identify quality products that are less harmful to the environment.

What is the EU Eco-label?

Established in 1992, the EU Eco-label 'Flower' is an official certification scheme to help European Consumers to identify quality products that are less harmful to the environment.

All products bearing the 'Flower' have been checked by independent bodies to comply with publicly available third party environmental criteria. These criteria take into account all aspects of the products' environmental impact through production and use to end-of-life.

Hindi naman pala ganun ka-relevant yung Eco label na yun, imho. So I guess it boils down if you prefer smart tv or not. Noong una, sabi ko di naman kelangan smart tv. pero nung nakabili ako, natuwa ako  ;D pwede nang mag FB at youtube sa tv  :D

Offline tinoysounds

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
gurus,

TIA ;D

update guys: my newly purchased LED tv will be replaced anytime this week.... found 1 dead pixel on the left side...

Offline knockonsilence

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
planning on buying UA40D5000, how much is this on sight and sound? and are there any freebies or just add-in product?. and is there a subtitle settings like changing font, outline and shadow or none at all? what format of subtitles it recognizes? this tv is gonna be used mostly for watching cable tv shows, dvd and downloaded movies/anime [mostly with subtitles].

and i'm also torn on buying samsung UA40D5000 or sony KLV-42EX410, for sony has a bundled Home Theater, though samsung has more hdmi, usb and can play more files..i think..at mas magandang tignan.. this  is oure first time buying LED tv.... need your help..

Offline tinoysounds

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
gurus,

the room i placed the 40D5000 have many windows ( quite bright )...
what will be the best picture setting to match this....

Offline porsche996

• Apprentice
  • Liked:

Hi Guys,

Is this normal? I've purchased a Samsung UA37D5000 and I think I have backlight bleeding? Shall I return this unit and have it replaced, or this is just normal?

Picture:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/71021937@N07/6424721805/

Thanks!
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2011 at 08:58 PM by porsche996 »