Author Topic: Sari-saring setup...  (Read 149336 times)

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
Re: My Happy Budget Meal Setup
« Reply #150 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 07:32 PM »
Lately, I found myself listening to music more and more when I got the T6. Was just looking for banana plugs earlier kaso natukso...

I'm really excited to set this one up

Don Master Ivan, packaged the Musiland Monitor 01 with some goodies which was a big plus in getting this awesome DAC! I'll post a review soon!  :)

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #151 on: Apr 21, 2012 at 11:01 PM »
Congrats Master sa mga bagong hakot! 8)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 04:55 AM »
Panalo Master Paul yung Musiland 01 + NAD 326BEE combo. No regrets in getting it. Kagabi ko pa ito pinapakailaman and hanggang ngayong umaga naka ngiti pa rin ako by the difference it has vs just using an avr or using a regular dvdp + the integ. amp.

I like the equalizer controls of the Musiland software that was included. Champion! I'm hoping to post more detailed reviews about it  ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2012 at 04:55 AM by sientobente »

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #153 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 05:00 AM »
Panalo Master Paul yung Musiland 01 + NAD 326BEE combo. No regrets in getting it. Kagabi ko pa ito pinapakailaman and hanggang ngayong umaga naka ngiti pa rin ako by the difference it has vs just using an avr or using a regular dvdp + the integ. amp.

I like the equalizer controls of the Musiland software that was included. Champion! I'm hoping to post more detailed reviews about it  ;)

Mukang napuyat ka bro ah... Congrats...
Walang Setup

Offline lncc63

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #154 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 05:45 AM »
"Sad Budget Meal" na ba?   :D

Congrats.  I'm lusting to get a Musiland too but ... I can wait.
RX-V3800
RTi A9+CSi A6+A4+FXi A6+2*DSW660
TH-P42V20 PJ-TX200
BDP-S370 D-KR10KU
Mede8er-500X2
XB

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 06:05 AM »
@Courage
Oo idol, I really wanted to do an A/B comparison with the gears I have. Buti nalang weekend  :D

@lncc63
hehehe, tama master sad for the wallet budget meal  ;D must-try talaga yung musiland, before i wasn't really a believer in the capability of an external DAC, but the musiland really impressed me. If you want a darker/warmer sound, the 01 is for you.  ;)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #156 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 06:41 AM »
Just wanted to share my impressions on the Musiland Monitor 01US I got from Watts Hifi

I got to listen to a few DACs in action before, CA DacMagic, SuperPro DAC, NAD DAC 1 etc. but it never got into my wishlist. Until a month ago, I happen to chance upon the 3 Kings(Don Ivan, Don Paul, Don Nelson) demoing the Musiland 03 in Watts Hifi. That's where the I was able hear the difference of what an external DAC can really do.

Using a laptop, straight from the 3.5mm jack plugged into a NAD 326BEE, the sound was ok in terms of clarity. Using the Musiland 03 via USB on the same int. amp the sound immediately became a lot livelier. Night and day difference. The sound was thicker and expressed more details. Those instruments at the background of the music was more audible. It me realize how the 1st setup was too laid back. Master Ivan explained that it's natural for a 3.5mm jack to sound that way because it only has a low output.

The next test was to use an entry level CDP(NAD 515BEE) and the same amp. The details you would hear coming from Musiland 03 are still more pronounced than using the cdp. Master Ivan's advice was, the laptop can become a good cdp because it can produce less jitter and can read files much faster than a regular cdp. Plus another advantage was it can play various music formats. So this made me think about it--- getting an external dac will save me more money compared to getting an entry level cdp.

Why did I end up with the 01 instead of the 03? I find the 01 leaning more towards the warmer side which was my sound preference. Now at home, I tried the dvdp + int. amp vs Musiland 01 + int. amp. I guess you know which one won. It's a no contest.  ;D

So if you'd like to experience hifi sound at a bargain price, the Musiland Monitor DACs are highly recommended  :)
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2012 at 06:48 AM by sientobente »

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #157 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 07:26 AM »
sunod sunod ang hakot ni master PSB (papa sientobente  ;D). Congrats! sulit talaga yan musiland, you will never go wrong with that. now its time to collect studio master recordings. Enjoy!
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #158 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 07:29 AM »
Just wanted to share my impressions on the Musiland Monitor 01US I got from Watts Hifi

I got to listen to a few DACs in action before, CA DacMagic, SuperPro DAC, NAD DAC 1 etc. but it never got into my wishlist. Until a month ago, I happen to chance upon the 3 Kings(Don Ivan, Don Paul, Don Nelson) demoing the Musiland 03 in Watts Hifi. That's where the I was able hear the difference of what an external DAC can really do.

Using a laptop, straight from the 3.5mm jack plugged into a NAD 326BEE via 3.5mm to RCA cable, the sound was ok in terms of clarity. Using the Musiland 03 via USB on the same int. amp the sound immediately became a lot livelier. Night and day difference. The sound was thicker and expressed more details. Those instruments at the background of the music was more audible. It me realize how the 1st setup was too laid back. Master Ivan explained that it's natural for a 3.5mm jack to sound that way because it only has a low output.

The next test was to use an entry level CDP(NAD 515BEE) and the same amp. The details you would hear coming from Musiland 03 are still more pronounced than using the cdp. Master Ivan's advice was, the laptop can become a good cdp because it can produce less jitter and can read files much faster than a regular cdp. Plus another advantage was it can play various music formats. So this made me think about it--- getting an external dac will save me more money compared to getting an entry level cdp.

Why did I end up with the 01 instead of the 03? I find the 01 leaning more towards the warmer side which was my sound preference. Now at home, I tried the dvdp + int. amp vs Musiland 01 + int. amp. I guess you know which one won. It's a no contest.  ;D

So if you'd like to experience hifi sound at a bargain price, the Musiland Monitor DACs are highly recommended  :)

Great review idol!
Congrats sa new hakots...

Mapakingan nga itong 01. Mukhang ok ito sa male ballad voices na masarap pampatulog ;D

Offline joko11

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • la dolce vita
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Apr 22, 2012 at 05:41 PM »
Great review idol! ;)

Mapakingan nga itong 01. Mukhang ok ito sa male ballad voices na masarap pampatulog ;D
pampatulog lang ba talaga brader louie? :D
Primum Nil Nocere

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 07:15 AM »
Great review idol! ;)

Thank you Master Idol Louie. Hindi po ako deserving tawagin idol, ikaw lang. May copyright na yan sa iyo  :D

Bili na ng Musiland Idol, budget mo lang para sa almusal mo yun  ;)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 07:20 AM »
sunod sunod ang hakot ni master PSB (papa sientobente  ;D). Congrats! sulit talaga yan musiland, you will never go wrong with that. now its time to collect studio master recordings. Enjoy!

Thank you master guru patrick  :) meron freebies sinama si master ivan sa Musiland. Studio Master recordings of him singing "My Way" and a super high resolution recording of Rebecca Black's "Friday"

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #162 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 07:30 AM »
Salamat po for purchasing a Musiland, Master Gerard.

the laptop can become a good cdp because it can produce less jitter and can read files much faster than a regular cdp. Plus another advantage was it can play various music formats. So this made me think about it--- getting an external dac will save me more money compared to getting an entry level cdp.

It's not really lower jitter, but the negative effects of jitter can be minimized with proper clock recovery by using the right gear. Read errors can also be corrected in a PC setup, as the data is normally read ahead of playback (instead of being read from the media in real-time, as with most dedicated players). This tends to make PCs more forgiving of less than perfect media.

The greatest advantage of a PC-based playback system is format and storage flexibility, which of course comes at the expense of convenience. Kanya kanya lang yan. :)
« Last Edit: Apr 24, 2012 at 07:31 AM by Stagea »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 07:36 AM »
Salamat po for purchasing a Musiland, Master Gerard.

It's not really lower jitter, but the negative effects of jitter can be minimized with proper clock recovery by using the right gear. Read errors can also be corrected in a PC setup, as the data is normally read ahead of playback (instead of being read from the media in real-time, as with most dedicated players). This tends to make PCs more forgiving of less than perfect media.

The greatest advantage of a PC-based playback system is format and storage flexibility, which of course comes at the expense of convenience. Kanya kanya lang yan. :)

Ayun, thank you for explaining this better Master Ivan. Salamat din in making me appreciate my old ass laptop by making me use it as a very capable cdp  :)

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 07:46 AM »
You're welcome, Master Gerard. Basta mapagana mo ng maayos yung WASAPI Exclusive mode or ASIO for sure mas maganda pa yan kesa dun sa nademo mo sa store.

We're presently finding a way to setup yung ASIO sa PC ni Rex. Baka over the PC Card slot na lang, hindi pa kasi USB 2.0 yung lappy.

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #165 on: Apr 24, 2012 at 06:42 PM »
Thank you very much and congrats master PSB for the purchase!!! Di pa pala gumagana WASAPI mo? May improvement pa yan for sure.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Apr 25, 2012 at 11:31 AM »
Thank you very much and congrats master PSB for the purchase!!! Di pa pala gumagana WASAPI mo? May improvement pa yan for sure.

Ok na yung Wasapi ko Don Master Nelson :) Nakaka-addict nga makinig ngayon   ;)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Apr 25, 2012 at 11:33 AM »
You're welcome, Master Gerard. Basta mapagana mo ng maayos yung WASAPI Exclusive mode or ASIO for sure mas maganda pa yan kesa dun sa nademo mo sa store.

We're presently finding a way to setup yung ASIO sa PC ni Rex. Baka over the PC Card slot na lang, hindi pa kasi USB 2.0 yung lappy.

Wasapi(Musiland) yung pinipili ko Master. Sinunod ko ang very thorough guide niyo na kasama sa CD  ;)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Apr 25, 2012 at 01:01 PM »
Ok na yung Wasapi ko Don Master Nelson :) Nakaka-addict nga makinig ngayon   ;)

Was there a change in depth and width ng stage?  :D

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 06:08 AM »
Was there a change in depth and width ng stage?  :D

Don Master Nelson, actually that's the exact difference I noticed vs playing a cd using a regular dvdp. Galing. wider soundstage even the sweet spot was surprisingly everywhere  ;D. Parang wala ako mapintas sa audio ko ngayon.  :D
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 08:27 AM by sientobente »

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 08:09 AM »
Can't believe after 6 days of getting a brand new amp, i got another one  :D Just can't pass up a good deal...

Cambridge Audio 550A vs NAD C326BEE
I just listened to both amps and made a comparo, I'll probably share my findings during the weekend  ;)

Now my wallet is like this  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2012 at 08:13 AM by sientobente »

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 08:21 AM »
Ang yaman talaga ni Master Gerard! Nangongolekta ng amps!  :o  8)
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2012 at 08:22 AM by Stagea »

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #172 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 08:26 AM »
Can't believe after 6 days of getting a brand new amp, i got another one  :D Just can't pass up a good deal...

Cambridge Audio 550A vs NAD C326BEE
I just listened to both amps and made a comparo, I'll probably share my findings during the weekend  ;)

Now my wallet is like this  ;D

Nagsisimula ka nang maging collector Idol!!! :o :o :o
Congrats again!!! ;D

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #173 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 08:50 AM »
binitin mo kami sir...feedback naman sa 2 amps :) btw, ung musiland mo, hindi pde ikabit rekta sa iphone/ipod noh?

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 11:53 PM »
Ang yaman talaga ni Master Gerard! Nangongolekta ng amps!  :o  8)

Naku master mga donation lang yan para sa aming mga hampaslupa.

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 11:54 PM »
Nagsisimula ka nang maging collector Idol!!! :o :o :o
Congrats again!!! ;D

Sana Idol Louie, pera nalang kinokolekta ko  ;)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 11:56 PM »
binitin mo kami sir...feedback naman sa 2 amps :) btw, ung musiland mo, hindi pde ikabit rekta sa iphone/ipod noh?

Yup master, pc based lang po yung musiland dac pero meron higher end na dac available ang musiland na pwedeng iphone/ipod. I'll post my feedback probably today :)

Offline beginner

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 04:41 AM »
Ngayon ko lang nacheck tong thread mo idol. Grabe pala hakot mo lately! Sunod sunod! Big time talaga mga AGM. Yung mezzo pwede mo i-partner dyan sa 550A. Para macompare mo sila. Hehe!

Offline Stagea

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 06:01 AM »
Ngayon ko lang nacheck tong thread mo idol. Grabe pala hakot mo lately! Sunod sunod! Big time talaga mga AGM. Yung mezzo pwede mo i-partner dyan sa 550A. Para macompare mo sila. Hehe!

I agree. Para multisystem ka na, parang TV. ;)

Offline Nelson de Leon

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Apr 28, 2012 at 07:27 AM »

I agree. Para multisystem ka na, parang TV. ;)

Ang nakarating sa akin, multi room daw si master PSB. As in iba ibang HT and audio room, iba ibang system.