Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 494571 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #780 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 07:54 AM »
One possible scenario, according to ESPN, is Noah+Boozer+Brewer+picks for DH.

Pero ayaw daw ng Adidas na magsama si DRose at DH sa isang team.

Noah+Boozer+Brewer?
If i were the Magic i'd take the Bynum+Gasol combo and ship DH to LA.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Yunarce

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #781 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 08:15 AM »
i agree! lakas din ng OKC! pero MIAMI yan this year. ;)

I agree Miami can we it all this year. IMO, these teams are the championship contenders for this year: MIA and CHI sa EAST and OKC and LAL/DAL sa WEST.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #782 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 08:58 AM »
Minnesota seem to have a good line up on papers. Young and talented. I hope they adapt swiftly to the Adelman system.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2011 at 09:26 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #783 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 09:23 AM »
The Wolves are fun! Ricky Rubio playing like a younger Steve Nash.. they could be like the Suns dati with Rubio, Love, Beasley, Williams and Barea running on the break.. they're not contenders but they will be fun to watch..
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2011 at 09:25 AM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #784 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 09:36 AM »
Indiana is a sure contender and i really like that Indiana kid HANSBROUGH. He gives a lot of energy for this team.
The addition of David West also gives the team some inside presence so the future looks good for Indiana.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2011 at 09:42 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #785 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 09:59 AM »
Holy crap is Ricky Rubio good at passing. Reminds me of Pistol Pete with those nice unexpected but pinpoint passes.

Re: Howard to Bulls

I'd love to see Dwight there. It would be great to have D12 at Chicago, but not at the expense of Noah. IMHO, Noah is the better all-around defender than D12. The Bulls center can practically guard any position out there and I like how active and pestering he can be to the opposing team. But I guess it's easy to include any other Bull other than Rose when it's Dwight. But right now, Chicago is set at all position and don't really need Dwight.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #786 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:01 AM »
The Mavs seem to think the lockout is still on.. they're down 27 against the Nuggets at the half after getting blown out by the Heat yesterday..

Offline Kd Jb

• Trade Count: (+113)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #787 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:01 AM »
Tambakers na naman dallas ayayay. Me championship hangover pa ata.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #788 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:11 AM »
Tambakers na naman dallas ayayay. Me championship hangover pa ata.

Their BIG men just cant run the breaks against  run and gun teams with athletic big men.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 938
« Reply #789 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:19 AM »
Now the loss of Chandler is being felt by Dallas.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline Yunarce

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #790 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:24 AM »
They really need a big man who can defend the rim and rebound. Man they are -13 from the rebounds and the their defense is worse. Denver is shooting like 57% from the field. This is just like last season where they stuggled early on the season and came to life in the Playoffs and took home the Championship. Still have high hopes for Dallas though. :D

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #791 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:34 AM »
Barea is having an awesome game for the wolves sayang talaga at pinakawalan siya ng dallas. Same goes for chandler and butler. Tsk tsk

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #792 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:38 AM »
They really need a big man who can defend the rim and rebound. Man they are -13 from the rebounds and the their defense is worse. Denver is shooting like 57% from the field. This is just like last season where they stuggled early on the season and came to life in the Playoffs and took home the Championship. Still have high hopes for Dallas though. :D

They lose Barea & Chandler and these two players played  significant roles last season so those shoes are too tough to fill in even with the addition of Odom.
Haywood (slow and soft), Nowitski, Odom, Terry and Kidd (old) dont match up well with the elite teams this season.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:40 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #793 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:40 AM »
If I know Mark Cuban he has something on his sleeve that is why he let go and didnt even bother to sign those 3 although they would have been crucial in thier repeat bid... I won't be surprised if D12 or D-Will or even both players end up in BIG D eventually.... I can feel it something big is coming up...

Offline Yunarce

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #794 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:44 AM »
If I know Mark Cuban he has something on his sleeve that is why he let go and didnt even bother to sign those 3 although they would have been crucial in thier repeat bid... I won't be surprised if D12 or D-Will or even both players end up in BIG D eventually.... I can feel it something big is coming up...

Yes I think the main reason for this is that they plan to sign D12 that is why they left a big Hole on the Center position. I just hope D12 would sign as there are other teams that are very desirable to join like the Bulls and the Nets.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #795 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 10:52 AM »
That will be an excellent move should Cuban be able to move DH to Dallas before their ship sinks deeper down the ocean with blows outs.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 435
« Reply #796 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 11:01 AM »
NBA's Artest to consider boxing?

by Lem Satterfield
Dec 24th, 2011

Los Angeles Lakers star Ron Artest, who goes by the name, Metta World Peace, has mused that he will consider being a professional boxer for a few bouts after his basketball career ends in a few years.

"I actually might sign with Floyd Mayweather's [promotional company.] I was talking to [promoter] Lou DiBella, and I was talking to Floyd, and I briefly spoke to [Top Rank Inc. CEO] Bob Arum," said Peace. "But I think I'm going to go and sign with Floyd Mayweather as a professional later."

Peace also shared his thoughts on the recent legal issues of Mayweather, the WBC welterweight beltholder whose recent 90-day jail sentence could jeopardize a potential matchup opposite WBO counterpart Manny Pacquiao.

Pacquiao is coming off November's controversial majority decision over Juan Manuel Marquez, while Mayweather (42-0, 26 knockouts) has targeted a May 5 return to the ring at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas against an opponent to be determined. Many have speculated that Pacquiao is his target.

But given the fact that Mayweather was sentenced to 90 days in jail starting on January 6, there is a significant doubt as to whether or not Maywhether will even be licensed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission's five-member committee, let alone, if he will even have time enough to begin training for any fight on that date.

"It's not good," said Peace. "He's tough enough. He'll get through it, come back and fight."

In the meantime, Arum has said that he might offer up a fourth bout with Marquez, or else, WBO junior welterweight beltholder Tim Bradley or WBA junior middleweight titleholder Miguel Cotto to Pacquiao during a January meeting.

Offline Kd Jb

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #797 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 11:02 AM »

Parang slogan lang ng nba tv "Big things are coming". Hehe

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #798 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 11:08 AM »
Wow! OKC just beat Minnesota. I'm sure they'll be a force to reckon with in the WEST.

Durant, Westbrook and Harden are carrying the team.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2011 at 11:10 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #799 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 11:29 AM »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #800 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 11:33 AM »
Bulls win in the opening game vs LA in a game that LA should've won.  Bulls were off in this game but LA couldn't execute properly in the end game.  Oh well, Bynum didn't play but I feel that, if they will not boost their lineup with one solid veteran sans Odom, LA has no chance this season.  As it is now, Kobe is being forced to carry the load but he is not that young anymore.  Right now, Sacramento leading at half vs LA, 49-40.  

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #801 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 12:00 PM »
If Cuban had brought everyone back, they would have been stuck with that team for the next 5 years without any flexibility for trades or free agent signings because of the new CBA. And it's not a particularly young team. I think they offered Chandler a big contract but only for 1 year--to maintain cap flexibility. Chandler chose NY.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #802 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 12:49 PM »
LAL about to lose (again), this time to SAC...sigh!! Lots of individual plays...Defense doesn't click...LAL misses Lamar, argh!

WE WANT THE TRIANGLE BACK!!!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline ABCmotorparts

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 630
« Reply #803 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 12:53 PM »
Or perhaps they miss the Zen Master,...

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #804 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM »
LAL about to lose (again), this time to SAC...sigh!! Lots of individual plays...Defense doesn't click...LAL misses Lamar, argh!

Sad.  And not just because Odom is gone. Or Bynum is out.  Kobe clicks when there is enough help offense and under a good coach like Phil Jax. :(  Especially now that he is old.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #805 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 12:54 PM »

Yes Odom was the perfect complement to Bryant. He's a good all around player, a threat in offense and certainly a great passer.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #806 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 12:56 PM »
Or perhaps they miss the Zen Master,...

Definitely.  As I said, they should've won the first game versus Chicago because Chicago didn't play well.  But they couldn't execute well in the dying minutes.  Under Coach Phil, di mo magaganon ang Lakers.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #807 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 12:59 PM »
I can only agree...

LAL w/o Pjax, w/o Lamar...Oh well!  :(

Mike Brown, good luck to you...with all your individualistic plays, there will be more injuries...Imagine if Lamar stayed, then the entry of McBob and Troy? It could have been a "better" team vs. last year...I guess the Zen Master and his Triangle is being sorely missed...SIGH!  >:(
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #808 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 01:06 PM »
I can only agree...

LAL w/o Pjax, w/o Lamar...Oh well!  :(

Mike Brown, good luck to you...with all your individualistic plays, there will be more injuries...Imagine if Lamar stayed, then the entry of McBob and Troy? It could have been a "better" team vs. last year...I guess the Zen Master and his Triangle is being sorely missed...SIGH!  >:(

I have a feeling that LA will have one solid acquisition halfway this season.  If they want to reach the finals again.  Sayang talaga yun CP3 trade.  Ibang istorya siguro kung si CP3 nasa Lakers :(

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #809 on: Dec 27, 2011 at 01:19 PM »
I have a feeling that LA will have one solid acquisition halfway this season.  If they want to reach the finals again.  Sayang talaga yun CP3 trade.  Ibang istorya siguro kung si CP3 nasa Lakers :(

I think they would start the same way even if the trade was approved.. No Gasol/Odom/Bynum and only CP3 added? tapos Kobe and CP3 don't complement each other pa.. still just 2 games in.. a lot could still happen kahit na 66-game season lang.. I still think they will be contenders even with just Kobe/Pau/Bynum.. dapat healthy lang lahat..