Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 497682 times)

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #1500 on: Feb 26, 2012 at 09:31 PM »
Lebron might try the dunk contest… if the winner received a million dollars

LeBron James in unquestionably one of the most violent dunkers in the game today, and could easily compete with anyone in the league in a slam dunk contest if that’s something he wanted to do. But up until this point, despite empty promises and a tease from time to time, he hasn’t decided to commit.

At All-Star media availability in Orlando on Friday, I was able to ask James why he hasn't chosen to participate. And as much as fans may not like the answer, with LeBron now in his ninth season, it's not an answer he’s likely to change at any point in the future … unless, of course, first prize was $1 million.

''It's just not me, I'm not a dunk contest type of guy,'' James said. ''I'm an in-game dunker. I kind of improvise during the game. But, I don’t know. I'm not for scoreboards and all that type of stuff.''

But if they offered the winner a million dollars?

''Then I’d reconsider,'' he said. ''Wouldn't you?''

« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2012 at 09:31 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1501 on: Feb 26, 2012 at 09:54 PM »
The slam dunk contest is ok. There's nothing wrong with it as far as I'm concerned. It's the superstars chickening out that leaves fans hanging and wishing for "better" dunks, which is easier said than done. I found this year's dunks creative at most. But the absence of Lebron, Wade, Howard, Griffin robs the event of any panache.

I love the upgraded Hocus Pocus dunk. It was hard enough to dunk blindfolded, but to do a two-handed 180 blind is pure wow for me.

i think it was not boring at all, that dunk using two balls catching both in the air and over a team mate is almost impossible to do had i not seen it was done i wouldnt believe it can be done,

that lights off dunk too is a hard thing to do reverse 360 combined with windmill and with a darkened area at that, even when i was playing, i can do a 360 lay up from a fast break and i never missed but never had i get to do a reverse 360, i always end up not getting to face the ring when its time to release the ball

the reason why it became boring was because it was done through fan voting, nawala yung excitement ng live crowd plus yung mga side comment ant reaksyon ng mga judges
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1502 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 02:24 AM »
Sabi nga ni Barkley it's not a good idea to let people who "voted for Bush twice" vote on the winner LOL

With regards to Lebron considering if the prize was a million bucks, well, it just goes to show how much of a competitor he is. Jordan, Wilkins, Dr.J didn't need the money to join the dunk contest. They just wanted to one up the competition and show who's the best, creative and powerful dunker in the league. I agree that Lebron might choke when all eyes are on him and the pressure is on.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1503 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 10:28 AM »
Jeeezuz Lebron. Grow some balls and learn to go for the kill already! What the heck was that freakin pass for?!

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #1504 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 10:34 AM »
Jeeezuz Lebron. Grow some balls and learn to go for the kill already! What the heck was that freakin pass for?!

;D so what else is new??  alam ko na ano wala si lbj.. "killer instinct".. he can hunt, he can shoot, pero he cant kill and clean..

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1505 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 10:35 AM »
chance for lebron to be the hero and shoot the three and guess what? he passed the ball.. as usual. lol.

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1506 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 10:39 AM »
Get Lebron on the Kobe system!

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1507 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 10:56 AM »
Sana pumasok na lang yung tira ni Wade. Para magka-idea si Spoelstra na pag last play dapat mag-inbound na lang si Lebron. ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2012 at 10:57 AM by sardaukar »

Offline vortex1

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 51
« Reply #1508 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 11:06 AM »
Now That's an All-Star Game!

I noticed that if there's no pressure Lebron can shoot the ball easily... 6/8 3pts.

but if there's stress... as usual hehhee... he made a bad pass. he was frustrated not because they lost but because he buckled again hehehe.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #1509 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 11:08 AM »
;D so what else is new??  alam ko na ano wala si lbj.. "killer instinct".. he can hunt, he can shoot, pero he cant kill and clean..

thats for sure
he did not even push himself to ask his colleagues that he can be a treat to shot and not to pass
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #1510 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 01:08 PM »
DWade made a glaring turnover, too. The East would have taken the lead.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1511 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 04:51 PM »
Get Lebron on the Kobe system!

:D ;D

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1512 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 06:42 PM »
pati ba sa all star issue si lbj hehehehe
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 960
« Reply #1513 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 07:18 PM »
Kawawa naman is Lebron. Fiesta na naman mga critics dun sa turnover nya kanina. Crucial pa naman.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1514 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 08:54 PM »

mukhang ewan si Lebron dito :D

« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2012 at 08:58 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Nikkie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 67
« Reply #1515 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 09:10 PM »
^ Hindi naman mukang ewan. Nagpapakawacky talaga sila dyan. Si Rose lang ang hindi nakikijoin. Yan lang ayaw ko sa kanya. Parang mahiyain masyado.

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #1516 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 09:23 PM »
Kobe with a nasal fracture and concussion due to Wade's foul. If it was the other way around, Kobe would be suspended. Since Wade is the culprit, Stern isn't going to lift a finger against him.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1517 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 09:35 PM »
^ Hindi naman mukang ewan. Nagpapakawacky talaga sila dyan. Si Rose lang ang hindi nakikijoin. Yan lang ayaw ko sa kanya. Parang mahiyain masyado.

nagpapakawacky at the same time trying to look stupid.  ;)
my opinion sticks, mukhang ewan si Lebron dyan sa GIF na yan.  :D

it just shows how serious Derrick Rose is, even though it's just an exhibition game featuring the brightest stars of the NBA. i like his approach, humble and soft spoken and just letting his game do the talking.

i don't know if Derrick Rose really said this...

K.C Johnson ‏ @KCJHoop (Twitter)

DRose: "I can dance. But there’s a time and place for that. And I don’t think that it was then and there."

Kobe with a nasal fracture and concussion due to Wade's foul. If it was the other way around, Kobe would be suspended. Since Wade is the culprit, Stern isn't going to lift a finger against him.

taken from another forum...  :D

Stu Jackson just issued a statement that the NBA has suspended Kobe for 1 game and has fined him $25,000 for the flagrant and unsportsmanlike blow that Kobe's nose inflicted on Wade's fist.

Said Jackson, "In all my years as a player, coach and executive in the NBA, I've never see anything so diabolical, especially the way Kobe willed himself to bleed from his nostril in order to elicit sympathy and make himself look like the victim." When told that Kobe had to be examined by doctors before being allowed to fly home to Los Angeles, Jackson said: "Typical. A guy as wealthy as Kobe can afford to have so-called 'doctors' on retainer to enable him to put on a big public relations charade. But we in the commissioner's office are wise to Kobe's socio-pathic machinations."

Jackson also stated that NBA doctors have examined Wade's fist. He is under sedation and round-the-clock observation. For the time being, the Miami Heat star is "resting comfortably."

Jackson also noted that the league may not be done dealing with Kobe. Jackson said that Kobe's five L.A. Laker championship teams may be stripped of their titles, and that Kobe himself may be banned for life under the new "basketball reasons" clause of the amended NBA "super-secret" internal guidelines. Jackson and David Stern are expected to rule on the matter when the full "basketball reasons" committee convenes on March 1. The other members of that committee are Mark Cuban, Dan Gilbert, and Ray Allen, as the player representative.

seriously, we could never know Wade's real intentions when he gave that hard foul on Kobe. i used to cheer for him when he first came into the league and won that championship with Shaq in 2006, but i lost respect for him when he and Lebron mocked Dirk Nowitzki during last year's finals.

« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2012 at 10:02 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline XanderCage

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1518 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 10:58 PM »
Now Kobe was within inches, screaming into James’ face, “Shoot the [expletive] ball!” And, still, LeBron’s instincts weren’t to take ball and deliver it down Bryant’s throat. Score on Kobe, win the game and tell him to go to hell.

“Yeah, he was telling me to shoot it,” James said. “I wish I could have that one back.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApOjSu2zyorrbu8J_dtZHTy8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_lebron_james_nba_allstar_022712

Offline Gob_Loves_Sony

• DVD Addict
  • If isn't sony, it ain't worth it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1519 on: Feb 27, 2012 at 11:31 PM »
Lupin nun mga dunks ni lbj..mas okay pa kesa dun sa nanalo sa slam dunk..ano nga uli pangalan nun?

Offline beknat

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1520 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 07:08 AM »
may iniinda kasi si D. Rose kaya ganyan sya.
si Lebron ganyan talaga kahit noon pa.
nagsilabasan na naman mga critics ni Lebron, napapansin lang sya pag may ginawa syang hind maganda.

saan kaya lilipat si Dwight?

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1521 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 08:21 AM »

gustu nya laging magpa CUTE but in the end his face turn sour.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1522 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 08:58 AM »

D-Rose looking all serious like a boss! I love it! He's not gonna act like a fool dancing like he's won something right there and then. The expression on his face as he looks on Lebron and company is freakin awesome. I wish he could've shouted to Lebron at the end of the game "Why don't you dance now, you freak?!"

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1523 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 09:23 AM »

Carmelo: *I'm just gonna smile and let the world know what we already know*

Kobe: Are you fcuking kidding me?! Pu$$y!

Lebron: An arrow hit me in the knee and robbed me of my balls. Again.

Offline wengkapre

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • DVD Guru
  • Listen and you'll see
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 114
« Reply #1524 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 09:41 AM »
oo nga, mukhang enjoy na enjoy nga si lbj dyan, sana he took the shot, para naman yung audience ang nag-enjoy, kelan pa sya magmamature kung takot syang mag hit or miss during crunchtimes?
Denon3312|B&W602S2|SVS PBSB2k|10dfs|NAD502|JDLabs|HTPC

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1525 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 11:11 AM »
'cmon guys, let's give Lebron a break. we've been too harsh, at least he's consistent in...

CHOKING  ;D :D

Lebron chokes at NBA All Stars 2011

Lebron chokes at NBA All Stars 2012

haha.. panalo yung Lebron video NBA All Star game 2011.  :D :D

« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2012 at 11:12 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline jjames1881

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1526 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 11:47 AM »
seriously, we could never know Wade's real intentions when he gave that hard foul on Kobe. i used to cheer for him when he first came into the league and won that championship with Shaq in 2006, but i lost respect for him when he and Lebron mocked Dirk Nowitzki during last year's finals.

Yeah really classy on their part.  ::)

But still may sakit na nga si Dirk, tinalo pa din sila. 

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1527 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM »
'cmon guys, let's give Lebron a break. we've been too harsh, at least he's consistent in...

CHOKING  ;D :D

Lebron chokes at NBA All Stars 2011

Lebron chokes at NBA All Stars 2012

haha.. panalo yung Lebron video NBA All Star game 2011.  :D :D

Wawa naman si papa Lebron, andaming nang-aapi  :'(

Yung 2011 vid, medyo out of context. 50 secs remaining pa sa laro, tapos may 19 secs pa sa shot clock. That was actually a good pass. Players shouldn't jack up 3's that early in the shot clock. Si Bosh ang maysala dun sa play na yun.

Sa 2012 naman, the pass to Deron was actually a really good pass, sa pangalawang tsansa lang sya nagkamali.

Hindi rin ako fans ni Lebron, pero I'd wait until he screws up in a meaningful game before I heckle him(again). Katuwaan lang naman yang all-star.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2012 at 12:19 PM by rusty »

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #1528 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM »
Yun nga e. Katuwaan na nga lang yang All Star game, and he still didn't have it in him to shoot the ball when they needed him to shoot it. He could've accelerated and overpowered Kobe for a drive and a tie and having 2 or 3 inches on Kobe, he could've pulled up for a winning 3-pointer. But no, he had to add this end game to his greatest no hits.

Last year's Finals vanishing act wasn't meaningful enough?

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #1529 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 12:27 PM »

Carmelo: *I'm just gonna smile and let the world know what we already know*

Kobe: Are you fcuking kidding me?! Pu$$y!

Lebron: An arrow hit me in the knee and robbed me of my balls. Again.

i always root for the East sa ASG.

when i saw this pass,3 letters lang crossed my mind: WTF. :-\

he could have played hero,but opted to play goat instead.