Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 494550 times)

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #2130 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 12:14 AM »
^ good point bro, worst record gets higher combination in lottery kaya lang I don't think they will intentionally lose a game for the lottery because they need to develop winning attitude lalo na sa younger players nila.. And  also the Fans, lalo na yung mga season ticket holders baka di na umulit next year..

and unlike in NFL where the worst team automatically gets 1st pick, sa NBA at least nasa 4 teams ang vying for 1st pick.. although may chance din yung ibang non-playoff teams pero mababa na chance nila..

even if they lose ALL of their games,that still doesn't guarantee a shot at landing the #1 pick.correct me if im wrong,pero you get what, a 25,30% shot,at best?

unless they have the luck of orlando back in the 90's,if memory serves me right e they got shaq in 93 and penny in 94.

besides,imo,teams who tank games should be fined and should be stripped of their picks.kaso,pano mo nga naman malalaman if they're intentionally losing games,or talagang ganun lang ang talent (or lack thereof) nila?
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012 at 12:15 AM by pao9307 »

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2131 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 01:37 AM »
talk about turning back the clock:

SA and Boston!

team you don't want to face in the first round:

west: memphis

east: knicks (since im obviously a knick fan  ;D )

what's yours?

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2132 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 05:56 AM »
And now for some DWade news that completely makes me hate on him:

Wade wants NBA Olympic players paid. 

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7801502/nba-olympians-compensated

What a douche. Where's your sense of honor or pride to represent your country?! You play in the Olympics for honor and glory (and medals should be enough compensation). Instead of worrying if the Euro teams have improved, you're more worried about getting a slice of the jerseys team USA sell and what not. Dude! You're getting boatloads of money even when you sleep via endorsements. What's a little sacrifice for the red, white and blue every four years, eh?

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2133 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 07:54 AM »

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7801502/nba-olympians-compensated

What a douche. Where's your sense of honor or pride to represent your country?! You play in the Olympics for honor and glory (and medals should be enough compensation). Instead of worrying if the Euro teams have improved, you're more worried about getting a slice of the jerseys team USA sell and what not. Dude! You're getting boatloads of money even when you sleep via endorsements. What's a little sacrifice for the red, white and blue every four years, eh?

through the years I have developed my dislike with this guy, i just hate the way he plays and now his attitude, darn
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #2134 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 09:13 AM »
Holy sheeet!

LAkers manhandling the Spurs. On the Road! Without Kobe! And Metta World Peace burning hoops like the player formerly known as Ron Artest!

Oh, and there's Bynum with 19 rebound at the half (whole Spurs only got 18 total) and 24 and counting as we play the 4th Q.

Will the LAkers predictably let the Spurs back? Let's see.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #2135 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 09:23 AM »

dywane wade wasn't the first one to speak about this and it's actually Ray Allen. do you hate him too? Wade was asked about the issue and just gave his opinion. he just said they "should" and not "must" pay those who are participating in the olympics. it's not like he's saying he's not gonna play unless they get paid.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012 at 09:23 AM by leomarley »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #2136 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 09:29 AM »

even if they lose ALL of their games,that still doesn't guarantee a shot at landing the #1 pick.correct me if im wrong,pero you get what, a 25,30% shot,at best?

unless they have the luck of orlando back in the 90's,if memory serves me right e they got shaq in 93 and penny in 94.

besides,imo,teams who tank games should be fined and should be stripped of their picks.kaso,pano mo nga naman malalaman if they're intentionally losing games,or talagang ganun lang ang talent (or lack thereof) nila?

yeah I remember that Orlando getting another 1st pick, Cwebb to Penny..
The Pats way...

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2137 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 09:34 AM »
talk about turning back the clock:

SA and Boston!

team you don't want to face in the first round:

west: memphis

east: knicks (since im obviously a knick fan  ;D )

what's yours?

I'm not concern with the KNicks, unless Amare plays.. Mas nakakatakot is Sixers I think, their D is just superb, pero sa west Memphis should really be avoided..

Ot. medyo D fanatic kais ko..
The Pats way...

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #2138 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 09:40 AM »
dywane wade wasn't the first one to speak about this and it's actually Ray Allen. do you hate him too? Wade was asked about the issue and just gave his opinion. he just said they "should" and not "must" pay those who are participating in the olympics. it's not like he's saying he's not gonna play unless they get paid.

Yeah, I knew Ray Allen first mentioned it. Shows that a green uniform fits Ray coz it made him look like he's all about the money.

It doesn't matter who says it. Kobe says it and I hate on him so fast he be ready to enroll in the Battousai System.

It's just disturbing that these millionaires complain about pennies that would benefit more going into the pockets of Team USA basketball when they're probably set for life.

Any way you cut it, you place an opinion suggesting how you should get paid if you play in an event like the Olympics, you bypass patriotism in lieu of the all mighty moolah. I swear the Dream Team never thought of money when they played in Barcelona in 1992.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #2139 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 09:50 AM »

Any way you cut it, you place an opinion suggesting how you should get paid if you play in an event like the Olympics, you bypass patriotism in lieu of the all mighty moolah. I swear the Dream Team never thought of money when they played in Barcelona in 1992.

agree.. the 1st dream team played for honor, glory and redemption.. coz they knew its a once in a lifetime for them to get their medals... pinagaagawan pa nga yung mga slots which even nagka issue pa ang tampuhan.

but now, i guess nothing is about the medal anymore.. nawala ang pride.... dapat siguro wala munang mga nba professional players sa basketball sa olympics.. make them hungry again... make hard for them to acquire that medal... and their mindset will change.

these guys kasi, they know that its easy for them to be included in the olympics e.. kaya binabalewala nalang.  unlike before during pre dream team 1.

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2140 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM »
I'm not concern with the KNicks, unless Amare plays.. Mas nakakatakot is Sixers I think, their D is just superb, pero sa west Memphis should really be avoided..

Ot. medyo D fanatic kais ko..

the way the knicks are playing D,you SHOULD  be a fan. ;D

the sixers?right now?nah.they couldn't guard anyone at this point.

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2141 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 11:05 AM »

money should NEVER even be in the same sentence as patriotism. :-\

but i just did that. ;D

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2142 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 11:06 AM »
and hey,NY won against milwaukee!

playoff bid starting to look good! :)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #2143 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM »
Gotta love the UTAH JAZZ ..... like a few other teams, they could have started tanking a few weeks ago, to get those coveted high draft picks.

Their GM has publicly stated that they wont tank for draft picks ..... and they are showing it - fighting tooth and nail for that last playoff spot.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012 at 11:17 AM by newwaveboy »

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2144 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 11:35 AM »
the way the knicks are playing D,you SHOULD  be a fan. ;D

the sixers?right now?nah.they couldn't guard anyone at this point.

I'm a Knicks fan bro sa EC, kaya lang I don't think their D is enough for the playoffs.. Sixers, Celtics, Bulls, Heat.. These are the class in terms of D..
The Pats way...

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2145 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 11:39 AM »
and hey,NY won against milwaukee!

playoff bid starting to look good! :)

yeah I was wrong.. but Bucks is playing better  na ah, good move yung trade nila kay Ellis, need to fix their D..
The Pats way...

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2146 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 11:42 AM »
agree.. the 1st dream team played for honor, glory and redemption.. coz they knew its a once in a lifetime for them to get their medals... pinagaagawan pa nga yung mga slots which even nagka issue pa ang tampuhan.

but now, i guess nothing is about the medal anymore.. nawala ang pride.... dapat siguro wala munang mga nba professional players sa basketball sa olympics.. make them hungry again... make hard for them to acquire that medal... and their mindset will change.

these guys kasi, they know that its easy for them to be included in the olympics e.. kaya binabalewala nalang.  unlike before during pre dream team 1.

si coach K pa rin ba?
The Pats way...

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2147 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 12:39 PM »
Holy sheeet!

LAkers manhandling the Spurs. On the Road! Without Kobe! And Metta World Peace burning hoops like the player formerly known as Ron Artest!

Oh, and there's Bynum with 19 rebound at the half (whole Spurs only got 18 total) and 24 and counting as we play the 4th Q.

Will the LAkers predictably let the Spurs back? Let's see.

http://www.nba.com/video/games/spurs/2012/04/11/0021100866_lal_sas_recap.nba/index.html

Kobe-less Lakers blow out the Spurs with MWP's 26 points and Bynum's monster 30 rebounds!!!  Baka naman pumusta muna si Gregg Pop tutal leading naman sila eh. Hehe.  But seriously, this is good for the Lakers, learning how to play without Kobe.

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2148 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 01:47 PM »
Hold your horses :)

I’m reading a lot of reports coming out about my comments re: the Olympics and compensation. And I want to clear this up personally...I responded 2 a specific question asked by a reporter on my thoughts of Olympians being paid. I never asked to be paid to PLAY. What I was referencing is there is a lot of Olympic business that happens that athletes are not a part of. It’s a complicated issue. BUT my love 4 the game & pride 4 USA motivates me more than any dollar amount. I repped my country in 2004 when we won the silver medal and stood proudly to receive our gold medal in 2008 in Beijing. It’s always been an honor for me to be a part of the USA Olympic family & I’m looking forward to doing it again in London this summer.

From DWades FB Page Click Here

He is basically saying the producers or whatever of the Olympics are making money out of the Athletes etc BUT money is not an issue etc.
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012 at 01:49 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2149 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 02:19 PM »
Hold your horses :)

From DWades FB Page Click Here

He is basically saying the producers or whatever of the Olympics are making money out of the Athletes etc BUT money is not an issue etc.

I think Wade was playing for a different country in 2004.. Kasi silver nakuha niya eh.. Bronze lang yung Team USA nung 2004.. ;D

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2150 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 04:26 PM »
^ He must be really fatigued then and spo should give them some rest till the playoffs ehehehe

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2151 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 07:05 PM »
yeah I was wrong.. but Bucks is playing better  na ah, good move yung trade nila kay Ellis, need to fix their D..

their trade for ellis really doesn't help their D imo.  :-\

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2152 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 07:06 PM »
http://www.nba.com/video/games/spurs/2012/04/11/0021100866_lal_sas_recap.nba/index.html

Kobe-less Lakers blow out the Spurs with MWP's 26 points and Bynum's monster 30 rebounds!!!  Baka naman pumusta muna si Gregg Pop tutal leading naman sila eh. Hehe.  But seriously, this is good for the Lakers, learning how to play without Kobe.

this guy is a helluva center as long as he keeps his head on straight.wow. :)

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2153 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 07:09 PM »
and has anybody noticed or given props to how Melo is playing lately?

it's like the Melo of old.  ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2154 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 07:59 PM »
GO NEW YORK GO NEW YORK GO!  :D ;D

i sense a big upset if they go up against the Miami Heat in the 1st round. :D ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012 at 08:09 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2155 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 08:09 PM »
GO NEW YORK GO NEW YORK GO!  :D ;D

if they go up against the Miami Heat in the 1st round.. i sense a big upset  :D ;D

yeah, a big upset.. a big number of New York fans will be upset.. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012 at 08:10 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2156 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 08:12 PM »
yeah, a big upset.. a big number of New York fans will be upset.. ;D ;D ;D

LOL  :D :D :D

if Orlando would dump SVG in the offseason, i think Larry Brown would be a good replacement.  ;)
« Last Edit: Apr 12, 2012 at 08:15 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2157 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 09:20 PM »
LOL  :D :D :D

if Orlando would dump SVG in the offseason, i think Larry Brown would be a good replacement.  ;)

i disagree bro.if d12 stays (a big IF),larry brown would just grate on him too.tingin ko ang magugustuhang coach ni dwight e yung napaka passive.

paging Mike d' antoni.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2158 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 09:44 PM »
paging Mike d' antoni.

hahaha..  :D

nakakasar na talaga si D12.. to the point na nabawasan na ang inis ko kay Lebron.  ;D

would you agree that D12 = KSP?  ::)

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2159 on: Apr 12, 2012 at 10:32 PM »
hahaha..  :D

nakakasar na talaga si D12.. to the point na nabawasan na ang inis ko kay Lebron.  ;D

would you agree that D12 = KSP?  ::)

sya na nga daw pumalit kay LBJ this year e.

gusto ko na nga si lebron bro,sya ginagamit ko sa 2k12 ngayon.  ;D