Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 494566 times)

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #2520 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 02:22 PM »
If the knicks can keep the game close every game - that's like eliminating lebron from the equation!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Honestly, Im more concerned from Wade than Lebron during playoffs. He is the one inspiring the team during crunchtime. Lets see how Lebron will fare this time. I believe even though HEAT won all games with KNICKS during regular season, one loss during the playoffs will shift the momentum. 

BTW. Im not against HEAT or any other team. Its just that for now I like Knicks to get the ring. Its been a long time and this is their chance.

Knicks was really good during Ewing/Starks time. Same with Utah's Malone/Stockton and Phoenix Barkley/Majerle/Johnson and Portland's Drexler. But sadly, they belong to the JORDAN era so hanggang 2nd best lang talaga sila.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 02:29 PM by JT »

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2521 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 02:37 PM »
BTW. Im not against HEAT or any other team. Its just that for now I like Knicks to get the ring. Its been a long time and this is their chance.

History repeats itself - we always hear that.

back in 99' - the knicks were number 8 - Ironically against MIAMI heat. They won, then advanced their way to the finals.

it was also from a compressed season. And the spurs were hot back then (Coming in at number 1 from the west, best overall record)...

so many similarities to an incident that is totally unrelated and immaterial to this season. hmmmm  ::) ::) ::)..... hehehehe 

Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2522 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 02:39 PM »
Honestly, Im more concerned from Wade than Lebron during playoffs. He is the one inspiring the team during crunchtime. Lets see how Lebron will fare this time. I believe even though HEAT won all games with KNICKS during regular season, one loss during the playoffs will shift the momentum. 

Oh and I just remember, Lebron, Anthony and Wade came to the nba on the same year. Lebron 1st pick, Anthony 2nd and Wade 3rd.  Its also exciting to see how Anthony will fare against the two.

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2523 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 02:41 PM »
Oh and I just remember, Lebron, Anthony and Wade came to the nba on the same year. Lebron 1st pick, Anthony 2nd and Wade 3rd.  Its also exciting to see how Anthony will fare against the two.

Bosh I think also came from that class.

Darko ata number 2. Sayang un, faded into oblivion.....

Yeah, that would be a nice......
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 03:08 PM by meat_eater »
Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2524 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 03:34 PM »
History repeats itself - we always hear that.

back in 99' - the knicks were number 8 - Ironically against MIAMI heat. They won, then advanced their way to the finals.

NY Knicks vs. Miami Heat - Game 5 1999 Playoffs Eastern Conference 1st Round

NY Knicks = Miami Heat's worst nightmare everytime they meet in the playoffs during the late 1990's  ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 05:35 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #2525 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 05:25 PM »
^ hehe di naman sana. Iba naman ang Heat ngayon (Wade+LBJ+Bosh) and I think kaya naman ni Spo si Woodson.

And si Melo di pa siya nakakarating ng 2nd Round, because of... himself, for now the guy is not a Winner although he's very good.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2526 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 05:35 PM »
Coach Spo is probably going to give his all this time because if he doesn't, he'll end up back here driving this. ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2527 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 05:39 PM »
^ hehe di naman sana. Iba naman ang Heat ngayon (Wade+LBJ+Bosh) and I think kaya naman ni Spo si Woodson.

updated and edited my post  ;D

And si Melo di pa siya nakakarating ng 2nd Round, because of... himself, for now the guy is not a Winner although he's very good.

im not really a fan of Melo, but no choice.. nasa team ko eh.  :D

i honestly feel the Knicks gave up too much in trading for him.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012 at 11:00 AM by 5zig3n »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2528 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 05:41 PM »
^^Nakarating na sa 2nd rd si Melo nung 2008-09. Umabot pa sila ng Western Conference finals. But he has never gotten past the 1st round without Billups.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 05:47 PM by rusty »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2529 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 06:20 PM »
^ ahh yes. 5 years with 1st round exits pala ;D now Billups, he's a Winner.
« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 06:22 PM by rex.reyesiii »

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #2530 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 07:22 PM »
Unsportsmanlike behavior in my opinion.
Noong natalo team ko, I accepted it and gave credit to the Mavs.
Zombie Fans, walang kamatayan, because you jump from one team to another, where is your loyalty in your favorite team  ???
Alam ko na, declare na lang that you are a fan of all the 30 NBA teams except Miami, on that case wala kang talo pag hindi nag champion ang Miami Heat. 29:1 ratio of winning  ;D

hindi ba ito nga mismo ang overriding sentiment last season?  ::)

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2531 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 07:25 PM »
sana NYK can pull off a giant upset =)

yeah! ;D

pero im torn,as much as i bleed orange and blue,parang ayoko ma-upset nila ang miami.i want to see them in the ECF,vs chicago or boston. ;D

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #2532 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 08:45 PM »
Unsportsmanlike behavior in my opinion.
Noong natalo team ko, I accepted it and gave credit to the Mavs.
Zombie Fans, walang kamatayan, because you jump from one team to another, where is your loyalty in your favorite team  ???
Alam ko na, declare na lang that you are a fan of all the 30 NBA teams except Miami, on that case wala kang talo pag hindi nag champion ang Miami Heat. 29:1 ratio of winning  ;D

Not really. Like you mentioned, people here should accept the fact that their team lost. But to curtail their desire to cheer for another team and deny them the satisfaction of lashing out at your team, well, that's just plain demanding. No way will any loyal fan do this. Cheering for a team that beats my team isn't riding a bandwagon. It's called hating. And nothing wrong with a little hate. Makes redemption that much sweeter.

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2533 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 08:54 PM »
para bang what he's suggesting is,if your team loses in the first round,turn off your tv,don't read anything related to the NBA until the season is over,don't post here until the next season starts since there's nothing to post on anymore since natanggal na nga yung team mo. ::)

asan nga naman team loyalty mo if pinanunuod mo ang ibang teams bukod dun sa team na 'loyal' ka? ::)

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2534 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:05 PM »
para bang what he's suggesting is,if your team loses in the first round,turn off your tv,don't read anything related to the NBA until the season is over,don't post here until the next season starts since there's nothing to post on anymore since natanggal na nga yung team mo. ::)

asan nga naman team loyalty mo if pinanunuod mo ang ibang teams bukod dun sa team na 'loyal' ka? ::)

ganito lang yan.. the enemy of my enemy is my friend  ;)

« Last Edit: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:06 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2535 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:11 PM »
ganito lang yan.. the enemy of my enemy is my friend  ;)

dami ko pang sinabi.sana yang quote mo na lang naisip ko.  ;D

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #2536 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:27 PM »
dami ko pang sinabi.sana yang quote mo na lang naisip ko.  ;D
knicks will be lucky to win 2 games against the heat, i like the knicks kaya lng i don't trust melo..
The Pats way...

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2537 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:31 PM »
knicks will be lucky to win 2 games against the heat, i like the knicks kaya lng i don't trust melo..

ako bro mas diskumpiyado ako kay stat e..kase parang kahit papano melo took it to the lakers what,3years ago?pero as for stat,parang wala pa talagang nagagawa sa post season.

im hoping chandler will be a big difference maker on defense.

kung bench ang basihan,mas magaling naman bench ng NY,imho.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2538 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:40 PM »

for me, parang equal lang ang bench..

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2539 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:45 PM »
Another adjustment cycle na naman ito para sa Knicks.. Parang they are always caught in this and matagal mag bounce back. Meaning, may ma-injure na key players, then their current roster eventually steps up and wins. Tapos pag balik ng injured players, maninibago na naman sila sa laro nila and it's very risky sa playoffs.

Sana talaga makalusot ang Knicks to the 2nd round of playoffs and we can still see JLin play his first playoff game.. another first milestone to be added to Linsanity!

It will be a tough battle against the HEAT though.. LBJ is just a monster out there and very determined to win.. and most of all, he's got something to prove talaga for all the haters out there :D

Offline pao9307

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2540 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:50 PM »
mga knicks fans dito e hoping against the inevitable e,di ba, bro 5zig3n?  ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2541 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 09:55 PM »
mga knicks fans dito e hoping against the inevitable e,di ba, bro 5zig3n?  ;D

miracles can happen  ;) :D

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2542 on: Apr 26, 2012 at 11:17 PM »
Guys, I rarely have time to watch a full nba game so i usually catch up on youtube with the NBA Top 10 plays of the day. Ano yun mga favorite niyo na monickers ng mga player? Here are some of my fave ones when they are featured on a highlight that I can remember:

1. Manu Ginobli - MANUvering his way...
2. Serge Ibaka - Serge IBLOCKa
3. Deandre Jordan - DeAndre 3000

Ano pa ba? :)

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 435
« Reply #2543 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 09:10 AM »
Not really. Like you mentioned, people here should accept the fact that their team lost. But to curtail their desire to cheer for another team and deny them the satisfaction of lashing out at your team, well, that's just plain demanding. No way will any loyal fan do this. Cheering for a team that beats my team isn't riding a bandwagon. It's called hating. And nothing wrong with a little hate. Makes redemption that much sweeter.

Nasanay lang siguro ko sa pagiging fair. Pag natalo team mo at kung anu-ano pa sinasabi mo sa team na tumalo sayo ng patas, to me that's sour graping (hard loser). Give credit when credit is due. After all this is a sports thread. Hindi naman 'to politics or religion na walang katapusan ang discussion. Sa sports me sure winner at loser.

Bash the team that beats your team, I no longer care. What ever makes you sleep through the night.

I'm beginning to love them haters.  ;D

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2544 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 09:18 AM »
Guys, I rarely have time to watch a full nba game so i usually catch up on youtube with the NBA Top 10 plays of the day. Ano yun mga favorite niyo na monickers ng mga player? Here are some of my fave ones when they are featured on a highlight that I can remember:

1. Manu Ginobli - MANUvering his way...
2. Serge Ibaka - Serge IBLOCKa
3. Deandre Jordan - DeAndre 3000

Ano pa ba? :)
malamang si marv albert to, the best nba anchor for me.. Right between the eyes...
The Pats way...

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2545 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 09:20 AM »
hmm.. me I'm a player first fan 1st Dr. J then Rodman/Jordan/Pippen then AI currently Wade.

Hate a Player First (Before the Team or not, just player hatin')

;D

Current Hate List

1. Melo
2. Boozer
3. J.Noah
4. Dalembert
5. Korver

whoa 3 Bulls  ^_^

Offline Battousai

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #2546 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 09:25 AM »
Nasanay lang siguro ko sa pagiging fair. Pag natalo team mo at kung anu-ano pa sinasabi mo sa team na tumalo sayo ng patas, to me that's sour graping (hard loser). Give credit when credit is due. After all this is a sports thread. Hindi naman 'to politics or religion na walang katapusan ang discussion. Sa sports me sure winner at loser.

Bash the team that beats your team, I no longer care. What ever makes you sleep through the night.

I'm beginning to love them haters.  ;D

True that. Only one team wins it all at the end and everyone should accept that fact. It's just the competitiveness spilling over through the forum that makes it entertaining and all of that is not to be taken seriously.

With that said...let the NBA hunger games begin! And as corny as it sounds...May the odds be ever in your team's favor. ;D

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2547 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 09:33 AM »
ako bro mas diskumpiyado ako kay stat e..kase parang kahit papano melo took it to the lakers what,3years ago?pero as for stat,parang wala pa talagang nagagawa sa post season.

im hoping chandler will be a big difference maker on defense.

yeah chandler sa d, and smith sa offense will make the difference. Ang mhirap kay melo, unlike his syracuse days, my pressure from lbj and wade, both went to finals already and ung isa may ring pa.. Wag lang pilitin ni melo, yun ang difference nila ni lbj, lebron knows how to make plays for his teammates lalo na pag gipit.. And lbj's d of course is above average..
The Pats way...

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #2548 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 09:35 AM »
^ Melo SUCKS! ^_^

;D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 343
« Reply #2549 on: Apr 27, 2012 at 09:38 AM »
Bobcats: Worst winning percentage in NBA history (0.106).  I don't think even landing Anthony Davis in the lottery will greatly improve their chances next year.  :P
« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2012 at 09:39 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.