Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 494578 times)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #2640 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 02:08 PM »
Guards will normally see a drop-off in explosiveness & hops after recovering from ACL, MCL, etc injuries.

For bigs, it wouldn't be as crucial because of their ground-based games dowin in the paint.

For ACL's, a possible exception for losing hops was Bernard King ...... the man went on mad scoring binges after recovering from his injury, years ago..... old age (and a few other ailments) did slow him down eventually.

Just a sad day for NBA fans, regardless of team affiliation, when a player goes down with a major injury.

DRose is still young .... hope he comes back just as strong & explosive.

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #2641 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 04:45 PM »
leaked Brooklyn Nets logo and merchandise  ;D

it has Jay-Z written all over it  :D

lumipat na pala Chicago White Sox/Oakland Raiders sa NBA and sa Brooklyn lol ;D

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2642 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 04:50 PM »
Guards will normally see a drop-off in explosiveness & hops after recovering from ACL, MCL, etc injuries.

For bigs, it wouldn't be as crucial because of their ground-based games dowin in the paint.

For ACL's, a possible exception for losing hops was Bernard King ...... the man went on mad scoring binges after recovering from his injury, years ago..... old age (and a few other ailments) did slow him down eventually.

Just a sad day for NBA fans, regardless of team affiliation, when a player goes down with a major injury.

Also it usually takes 2 years to play at the same level pre-injury. So when a player gets back to playing ball, expect that player to regain his form after a year.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2387
« Reply #2643 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 05:01 PM »
^Meron pa pala  ;D

Hope Rose recovers. Remember Rose is an mvp type player. He is on another level. From the list, I can see only Bernard King, Mark Price and Tim Hardaway that are the really good ones. The other players listed are just avg. players to me.

I think guards have a harder time to recover from this injury bec. they are the ones that are faster, doing lots of cutting and jumping.  They might not be the same player before. I may be wrong.

Anyway I really like Dallas' chances. They are still the champs. They might have a few surprises. I also like San Antonio. ;D

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2387
« Reply #2644 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 05:03 PM »

Ya, I agree. That's why I didn't list Bob Lanier.

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2645 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 05:31 PM »

Flop? Jeff Van Gundy certainly thinks so

IMHO.. it was a moving pick by Chandler. BUT Lebron made sure to get the ref's call  :D
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 05:31 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 373
« Reply #2646 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 05:55 PM »

IMHO.. it was a moving pick by Chandler. BUT Lebron made sure to get the ref's call  :D

Very clear moving pick by Chandler .... blindsed = whiplash .... for normal mortals like us, that'll be a mean stiff neck in the morning.

Of course, Lebron helped sell the foul a bit.  ;)

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2647 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 06:40 PM »

that's how you sell a flop, flail your arms, drop to the ground clutching whatever part of your body was supposedly hit, and writhe with imagined pain!

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2648 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 06:47 PM »
when Lebron retires..

he should consider acting as his next profession.  :D
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 06:47 PM by 5zig3n »

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 938
« Reply #2649 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:04 PM »
The question here is becoming better after post ACL surgery not just merely playing again. Nene can't even jump now and block a shot just like he did when he had a last name. He Isnt even a good rebounder these days. He lost a lot of his hops after his ACL blew out on him. If he was better than before then I guess he won't be traded to Washingon for an always clueless Javale McGee. the Manimal Faried was outplaying him for the position as well and at the fraction of the cost plus its just his rookie year to boot.

I do hope and pray that Rose bounces back from his injury. I always root for the little man in the big mans game. However it would be far fetched to think that Rose will become better post ACL surgery meaning he will jump higher and become more explosive. That's simply asking for too much.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2650 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:36 PM »

I do hope and pray that Rose bounces back from his injury. I always root for the little man in the big mans game. However it would be far fetched to think that Rose will become better post ACL surgery meaning he will jump higher and become more explosive. That's simply asking for too much.

I think Kendrick Perkins would be an example who jumps higher and has been more explosive post-ACL.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:39 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2651 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:41 PM »
I think Kendrick Perkins would be an example who jumps higher and has been more explosive post-ACL.

losing a lot of weight (around 30lbs. or so) is the primary reason why Kendrick Perkins has been more explosive

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2652 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:48 PM »
losing a lot of weight (around 30lbs. or so) is the primary reason why Kendrick Perkins has been more explosive

Perkins already lost weight during the Celtic's 2008 title run. But even then he had no lift. 

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2653 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:54 PM »
http://blog.stack.com/2011/12/20/kendrick-perkins-battles-acl-injury-and-loses-31-pounds/

he suffered the ACL injury during game 6 of the 2010 NBA Finals against the Lakers

he lost a lot of weight before the start of this season. teammate Eric Maynor (OKC Thunder) noticed that...

''He’s getting up and down the floor better, he’s finishing better, defending a whole lot better''

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 08:02 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #2654 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 07:54 PM »
The question here is becoming better after post ACL surgery not just merely playing again. Nene can't even jump now and block a shot just like he did when he had a last name. He Isnt even a good rebounder these days. He lost a lot of his hops after his ACL blew out on him. If he was better than before then I guess he won't be traded to Washingon for an always clueless Javale McGee. the Manimal Faried was outplaying him for the position as well and at the fraction of the cost plus its just his rookie year to boot.

the quickness will still be there i think, yun nga lang bka may hesitations na, medyo cautious na..
The Pats way...

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2655 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 08:14 PM »
The quickness will no doubt will still be there however it's the explosiveness and the extreme jumping ability that will really take a hit. For such a small player, Rose can jump like he was equipped with springs. We also have to factor in the psychological aspect of getting injured once again.

Perkins lost a ton of weight which really helped him as a player. His weight might have been the issue in the first place why he blew out his ACL.  Is he better than before? Probably marginally because he moves quicker but how does an MVP like Rose even become better after ACL surgery? He is already the MOST VALUABLE PLAYER in the league. In terms of talent curve he may develop a jumper or a fade away to offset for the lost points gained through less devil may care drives to the basket.  Let's just pray that he recovers. It's sad to see a young player with the right attitude towards the game plus the right skill set as well go down because of injury. I hope he gets back on track and resumes his career.

Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #2656 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 08:29 PM »
http://blog.stack.com/2011/12/20/kendrick-perkins-battles-acl-injury-and-loses-31-pounds/

he suffered the ACL injury during game 6 of the 2010 NBA Finals against the Lakers

he lost a lot of weight before the start of this season. teammate Eric Maynor (OKC Thunder) noticed that...

Perkins came into the league for Boston as a 300lb rookie. He lost around 20-25lbs during the 2008 season as he will be a full-time starter. But even then he hardly had any lift despite being younger ànd pre-ACL. He regained the weight during the 2009 season as Boston was eliminated early. Then again gained weight when he had the ACL

When he signed with OKC, Perkins was close to 300lbs. Lost the weight and was down to around 270lbs. So the difference between the 2008 Perkins is around 5 to at most 10lbs.  But he is noticably more explosive now than his 2008 version.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 08:57 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2657 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 08:46 PM »
300lbs. for someone who isn't even a legit 7 footer is unacceptable

Kendrick Perkins + Glen Big Baby Davis = brick wall on defense for the 2008 - 2010 Boston Celtics

add KG to that equation  ;)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2658 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 09:13 PM »
OT for being non-NBA: Dito sa atin, may player na lalong gumaling after he tore his ACL. Si Gary David. He tore his ACL in 2008 (he was 30yrs old then) and now he's the leading MVP candidate for this season. The competition here is way below than that of the NBA, but still, he's gotten way better after he got injured.
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 09:35 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2659 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 09:27 PM »
OT for being non-NBA: Dito sa atin, may player na lalong gumaling after he tore his ACL. Si Gary David. He tore his ACL in 2008 and now he's the leading MVP candidate for this season. The competition here is way below than that of the NBA, but still, he's gotten way better after he got injured.

and definitely the schedule and number of games played in a season is waaay different.  ;D

Offline rusty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2660 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 10:15 PM »

But Nene did get better post-ACL. The 3 best years of his career that earned him a huge paycheck happened after surgery.

You mean he's a better shot blocker and rebounder before his injury? ???
Pre-ACL averages (2002-2003/2003-2004/2004-2005)
Rebounds per game
6.1/6.5/5.9
Blocks
0.8/0.5/0.9

Post ACL (2008-2009/2009-2010/2010-2011)*
Rebounds
7.8/7.7/7.6
Blocks
1.3/1.0/1.0
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3605/career;_ylt=AsNoNua_cPYwfRV7ArIwX5.vPKB4

And as for the rationale for Denver trading Nene to the Wizards, that's a whole different story altogether.

« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 10:20 PM by rusty »

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2661 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 10:53 PM »
Aside from the stats, i can vouch for Nene getting better after his ACL surgery.. He helped me big time in my fantasy league. Haha!

Anyway, going back to the playoffs, just saw the game winner of Durant... Wow, the basketball gods was with him for that final moment. Very exciting matchup!

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2662 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 10:58 PM »
And as for the rationale for Denver trading Nene to the Wizards, that's a whole different story altogether.

Nene was traded for 2 reasons..

1. the Nuggets overpaid for him ($67 million extension for 5 years)
2. the emergence of Kenneth Faried aka ''The Manimal''

Kenneth Faried is a bit undersized at the 4 (6'8 and 225lbs) and got abused by a lot of bigger PF's but Nene was constantly missing time due to injury and when he played, he showed some signs that he's on the decline.

Denver is obviously on a youth movement and Kenneth Faried has tons of potential to be a good PF in the NBA
« Last Edit: Apr 29, 2012 at 11:04 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2663 on: Apr 29, 2012 at 11:22 PM »
^
That and...
3. To gain cap room to sign Wilson Chandler
4. With the acquisition of Mcgee, Denver finally has a true center. With Denver's more structured environment, Javale may finally get his head screwed on straight and reach his enormous potential.

Online synchro_01

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2664 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 01:18 AM »
Bro it's not all stats that would show improvement of a player. Nag increase lang ng 1 to 2 rebounds per game gumaling na? Dami factors na pwedeng involved dun like increased playing time, quality of team mates etc. most importantly observe din dapat yung quickness laterally and yung reaction time ng player and his ability to guard his man.

For a 7 footer like Nene a 7 rebound per game average is totally unacceptable. For a 7 footer like him a 1 shot block average per game is downright underperforming. Wala naman shotblocker ang Denver noon except si Birdman who subs in for Nene and then yet he averaged just 1 per game.

He didn't become better post ACL. He just made his way back to playing shape.
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline rusty

• DVD Guru
  • Go Warriors!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2665 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 01:44 AM »
it's not all stats that would show improvement of a player. Nag increase lang ng 1 to 2 rebounds per game gumaling na? 

I would say that statistics better illustrate how Nene has improved rather that assuming this:
Nene can't even jump now and block a shot just like he did when he had a last name.

..when the numbers say clearly state otherwise.

For a 7 footer like Nene a 7 rebound per game average is totally unacceptable. For a 7 footer like him a 1 shot block average per game is downright underperforming. Wala naman shotblocker ang Denver noon except si Birdman who subs in for Nene and then yet he averaged just 1 per game.

Well, that's the just kind of player he is. It doesn't mean that he didn't improve post-ACL.  ::)

He didn't become better post ACL. He just made his way back to playing shape.
Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree about that.  ;)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2666 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 04:49 AM »
Spurs and Lakers cruise in Game 1..

great stats by the 2 Lakers twin towers.. Bynum with a triple-double of 10pts 13 rebs and 10blks.. ties playoff record in blocks.. Gasol with close to a triple-double as well with 13pts, 8rebs, 8asts.. and another solid game from Blake, Ebanks and Hill.. Kobe was being Kobe.. struggled in the 1st half but turned it on in the 2nd for 31pts.. Lakers looked good with Bynum focused on defense and letting Kobe and Pau take care of the offense.. it was a more fluid game for them..

I want to see Lakers-Spurs in the West.. 7 more wins to go for that.. ;D
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2012 at 04:50 AM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 343
« Reply #2667 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 05:02 AM »
^ Yeah, excellent team effort by the Lakers. Happy to see guys like Ebanks, Blake & Hill turn in good numbers and contribute.  Bynum's triple double (10 blocks :o) was the first in Lakers post-season history since Magic did it in the 1991 Finals. Hope he keeps it up.

Looking forward to the MEM-LAC opener later. This series will likely go the distance.
« Last Edit: Apr 30, 2012 at 05:09 AM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2668 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 06:21 AM »
Spurs and Lakers cruise in Game 1..

great stats by the 2 Lakers twin towers.. Bynum with a triple-double of 10pts 13 rebs and 10blks.. ties playoff record in blocks.. Gasol with close to a triple-double as well with 13pts, 8rebs, 8asts.. and another solid game from Blake, Ebanks and Hill.. Kobe was being Kobe.. struggled in the 1st half but turned it on in the 2nd for 31pts.. Lakers looked good with Bynum focused on defense and letting Kobe and Pau take care of the offense.. it was a more fluid game for them..

I want to see Lakers-Spurs in the West.. 7 more wins to go for that.. ;D

Spurs won game 1! woohoo!! Just the start the Spurs need to keep the momentum flowing.

Parker played well and Duncan did his usual numbers, with a ton opf help from the bench (as usual  ;D)

Hope to see the Spurs in the end.

OKC, LAL, MIA, CHI.... It doesnt really matter who they face, I just like to see this team compete and have Greg Popovich Hoist hist 5th NBA Title  ;D

Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #2669 on: Apr 30, 2012 at 06:23 AM »
looks like a miami sweep written all over it..tambak knicks.

premature.a 33 pt loss still counts as just 1 loss.

sana nga tama ako at mali ka. ;D