Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 496794 times)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #3270 on: May 13, 2012 at 12:29 PM »
Metta factor...

Guarded Andre Miller and galinari most of the time.....both shot 2/19.

Gutty win.  You know when Pau Gasol had that six offensive rebound sequence that they are digging dip.

Kudos to Nuggets. Sinagad ang Lakers. Overachieved a lot.  In the end, they need someone who must take over, vs the by committee offense they have.  Last Nba champion who had no true superstar, were the 04 champs Detroit Pistons.  They really had great defense though.

With the effort they gave out, cant imagine Lakers putting up the same effort in G1 on tuesday vs OKC.  But this is the playoffs anything can happen!

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3271 on: May 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM »
Stephen A. Smith vs. Skip Bayless

espn video link

:D :D :D

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 953
« Reply #3272 on: May 13, 2012 at 12:49 PM »
Monster game by Gasol and a nice controlled game by Kobe. No need to have those 25 to 30 shot attempt nights for Kobe. He needs to realize that he is surrounded by a lot of talent that other teams can only dream of and by trusting these guys and letting their confidence build it will make his quest for his 6th ring far easier. Bynum had a poor shooting night but made up for it by coming up with 16 points, 18 rebounds and 6 blocks.

Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3273 on: May 13, 2012 at 12:51 PM »
You know when Pau Gasol had that six offensive rebound sequence that they are digging dip.

ayaw ma trade sa off-season  :D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 344
« Reply #3274 on: May 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM »
Just saw the sked for the OKC-LAL series. Games 3 and 4 at LA will be back-to-back games next Sat & Sun? Ang tindi naman...
We deserve better.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3275 on: May 13, 2012 at 01:07 PM »

WTF bakit andyan pa si Luke Walton? :D
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012 at 01:07 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3276 on: May 13, 2012 at 01:15 PM »
(AP) - A look at the two Eastern Conference semifinal series (with regular-season and playoff records):

No. 2 MIAMI HEAT (46-20, 4-1) vs. No. 3 INDIANA PACERS (42-24, 4-1)

Season series: Heat, 3-1. Dwyane Wade averaged 22.7 points, hitting a jumper with 0.1 seconds left in overtime for one victory, and the Heat didn't miss him in the game he sat out with a foot injury. Miami won that one 118-83 on Jan. 4 and then routed the Pacers 105-90 about a month later, opening halftime leads of 62-39 and 68-39 in the two games. The Pacers blew a late lead in Miami on March 10 in their 93-91 overtime loss and finally broke through on March 26 with a 105-90 victory.

Story line: Miami is the overwhelming favorite to reach the finals out of the East, though Indiana doesn't feel like or talk like an underdog. The Pacers have some advantages, with All-Star Roy Hibbert at center, a solid point guard duo and a quality bench, so the Heat should have a tougher time in this series than they did in the early season matchups.

Key Matchup I: LeBron James vs. Danny Granger. James averaged 26.8 points, 8.5 rebounds and 6.5 assists against Indiana and figures to put up big offensive numbers, but his defense against the Pacers' leading scorer is just as important. Granger shot only 34 percent and scored just 13.3 points per game against Miami, though those numbers were skewed a bit by him managing just three points in 12 minutes before leaving with a sprained ankle in the Pacers' Feb. 14 loss.

Key Matchup II: Chris Bosh vs. David West. West had double-doubles in the two games that were competitive after doing little in Miami's two blowout wins, and his postseason experience will be a key for a Pacers team that doesn't have much of it. Bosh managed to average 15 points and shoot 51 percent in the first round against New York despite a couple of extra trips back to Miami after the birth of his son, and should be much sharper now in a regular routine.

X-Factor: Leandro Barbosa. With 14 points, outscored Miami's bench by himself in the lone game he played for Indiana against the Heat after his February acquisition. If he can come in and change the pace with his speed, it could hinder the Heat's ability to use their effective bigger lineup.

Prediction: Heat in 5.

---

No. 4 BOSTON CELTICS (39-27, 4-2) vs. No. 8 PHILADELPHIA 76ERS (35-31, 4-2)

Season series: 76ers, 2-1. Philadelphia easily won a pair of home games in March, a 103-71 victory on March 7 and a 99-86 win on March 23 in a game that featured a scary head injury sustained by the Celtics' Mickael Pietrus. Boston took the finale in a 103-79 home rout on April 8. Ray Allen scored 10 points in that game, but sat out one loss and missed all five shot attempts in the other.

Story line: Taking advantage of an injury-depleted opponent, the 76ers beat Chicago to become the fifth No. 8 seed to win an NBA playoff series and set up the renewal of an old East rivalry with the Celtics. Another Philadelphia victory now perhaps signals the end of Boston's Big Three, which is intent on at least one more lengthy playoff run first, and looked capable behind Kevin Garnett's terrific play in the first round.

Key matchup I: Paul Pierce vs. Andre Iguodala. Iguodala hit the winning free throws in Game 6 to send the 76ers to the second round and was in double figures in all three games against Boston during the regular season. The All-Star forward draws his usual tough defensive assignment now in Pierce, who led the Celtics with 21.2 points per game in the first round despite not shooting well and being bothered by some knee pain.

Key matchup II: Rajon Rondo vs. Jrue Holiday and Lou Williams. The 76ers' point guard duo combined for 31 points per game in the first round, with starter Holiday scoring at least 14 in every game. The dynamic Rondo averaged 16.8 points and 11.8 assists in the first round, shooting more than usual. He wasn't a scorer against the 76ers during the season, managing just 6.0 points per game, but the Celtics might need more now as Allen continues trying to find his shot following a late-season ankle injury.

X-factor: Spencer Hawes. Philadelphia's center averaged 15.5 points and 10.3 rebounds in the last four games after having a total of seven points and seven boards in the first two games of the series against Chicago. But it will be difficult to be that effective against Garnett, who can defend him inside and has an athleticism advantage on the perimeter.

Prediction: Celtics in 7.
We deserve better.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3277 on: May 13, 2012 at 01:36 PM »
I'm still surprised at how Kobe manages to shut down really young and really quick PGs at this point in his career.. Lawson single-handedly brought Denver back in the 3rd but Kobe totally shut him down in the 4th.. Lawson had no impact at all for Denver in the 4th..

I don't expect much in the 2nd round.. I'm just hoping they don't get swept.. keep the games close and give themselves a chance to steal it in the end..

Let's go Lakers!

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3278 on: May 13, 2012 at 02:48 PM »
the Lakers have one thing going for them in the 2nd round.. momentum.

let's pray the OKC Thunder would exhibit some form of rust in their prolonged rest after sweeping the Mavs.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012 at 02:56 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3279 on: May 13, 2012 at 04:58 PM »

;D  :D

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #3280 on: May 13, 2012 at 10:58 PM »
When asked if he would shake James Harden's hand:

Metta World Peace: I don't shake substitution's hands. He don't start.

Gotta love World Peace. Taking the question in context to the pre-jump ball greeting between players. ;D

Offline HD_MOVIES

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3281 on: May 14, 2012 at 05:15 AM »
nice win for the Heat.. LBJ and wade owned the Pacers..  ;D ;D ;D

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #3282 on: May 14, 2012 at 09:22 AM »
No sign of MVP jinx...yet on LBJ. He played like a Center and grabbed a season-high 15 rebounds and scored 32 points. Binuhat ni LBJ at Wade ang Heat. Questionable pa kung lalaro si Bosh sa 2nd game due to abdominal injury.

Let's Go Heat!

Offline frequenzy

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • stereotype
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 23
« Reply #3283 on: May 14, 2012 at 09:31 AM »
I expect this to be a short series as long as James and Wade are healthy

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #3284 on: May 14, 2012 at 09:36 AM »
No sign of MVP jinx...yet on LBJ. He played like a Center and grabbed a season-high 15 rebounds and scored 32 points. Binuhat ni LBJ at Wade ang Heat. Questionable pa kung lalaro si Bosh sa 2nd game due to abdominal injury.

Let's Go Heat!

ang basa ko "abnormal" injury... :D

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3285 on: May 14, 2012 at 09:48 AM »
@MettaWorldPeace

Basketball is off instinct .. Things I learned as kid sticks with me.. I learned how to play ball from drug dealers and thugs..

Mukhang may nagbabadyang... masubaybayan nga yang series na yan. ehehehe ;D

puro ganyan nasa Twitter ni Metta ngayon.

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3286 on: May 14, 2012 at 10:06 AM »
Mukhang may nagbabadyang... masubaybayan nga yang series na yan. ehehehe ;D

puro ganyan nasa Twitter ni Metta ngayon.

turukan niyo na ulit ng mga medicines si MWP! hehehehe! maybe he needs a special dose para sa playoffs... give him the same meds he took when they were champs =)

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #3287 on: May 14, 2012 at 10:13 AM »
@MettaWorldPeace
Although I'm trying to change , I love my hood 100% and every other hood and person who like me... I never forget Yal.. Believe that...

@MettaWorldPeace
I did not grow up classy , I grew up basically in a jungle .. Somewhat caged in.... I still have people caged in.. Hood mind frame..

@MettaWorldPeace
Pardon my upbringing and personality... One of my idols growing up and who taught me how to play ball was a black thug.. I do miss him...

Kung this is for show, baka kumuha lang siya sa textbook nila Chael Sonnen ng UFC etc. ^_^

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3288 on: May 14, 2012 at 10:35 AM »
MWP is the X factor for the Lakers. Not only can be defend the opposing team's main man but he can also give LA some decent contributions in the score board, he can shoot treys, drive to the basket, and collect garbage and turns them to gold.
I'm excited to see him play/defend against Durant/Harden when they face OKC in the semis in the west.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline ivannn

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #3289 on: May 14, 2012 at 10:46 AM »
and kobe trusts MWP =)

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #3290 on: May 14, 2012 at 11:04 AM »
aaanyway

^ list ng players that won MVP then NBA Title

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 459
« Reply #3291 on: May 14, 2012 at 11:49 AM »
Isa din sa dapat abangan bukas ang magiging reception ng OKC crowd toward "World Peace" (kuno). Parang boxer/mma fighter na 'yun mga psywar nya sa kalaban.  :o  ;D

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #3292 on: May 14, 2012 at 11:55 AM »
Fisher to his former teammate MWP..

''Good, old-fashioned Southern hospitality. That's the type of reception that I expect that he'll get, and that's fair game,'' said former teammate Derek Fisher, now a bench player for the Thunder. ''The fans will be excited. I'm looking forward to being on this side of these fans this time at this point in the season.
The Pats way...

Offline Battousai

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Akatsuki Leader
  • Liked:
« Reply #3293 on: May 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM »
OMG. I hope MWP goes crazy in OKC. The way he's feeding people with gangsta vibes via his Twitter, I'm guessing he's psyching out and trying to intimidate the rest of the OKC players. And the dude's no shook up wannabe thug. I just hope the series lives up to the hype and not turn into a one-way series. Really, no match up in the playoffs can match the drama of OKC-LAL.

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
« Reply #3294 on: May 14, 2012 at 12:56 PM »
Yeah MWP! :D

DO NOT FEAR THE BEARD!

ehehe

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3295 on: May 14, 2012 at 02:29 PM »
(AP) - A look at the Western Conference semifinal series (with regular-season and playoff records):

No. 2 OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER (47-19, 4-0) vs. No. 3 LOS ANGELES LAKERS (41-25, 4-3)

Season series: Thunder, 2-1. Oklahoma City won the first two meetings before the Lakers rallied from an 18-point deficit in the second half for a 114-106 double-overtime victory on April 22, a game marred by Metta World Peace's vicious elbow to Thunder swingman James Harden's head. Kobe Bryant averaged 24.3 points but shot 7 of 24, 7 of 25 and 9 of 26. Oklahoma City scored 102.7 points per game, even with Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook combining to shoot 14 of 56 in the finale.

Story line: What already would have been an anticipated postseason matchup added extra intrigue after World Peace's actions in the final days of the regular season. The teams played a good first-round series two years ago when the Lakers were NBA champions, but now the advantage may belong to the younger Thunder, who are well-rested following their sweep of Dallas. Meanwhile, the Lakers were stretched to seven games by Denver in a series that didn't end until late Saturday night.

Key Matchup I: Durant vs. World Peace. Forgotten after World Peace's elbow to Harden was the strong defense he was playing against the NBA's scoring champion. Durant ended up with 35 points but shot 11 of 34. He made 50 percent of his shots in the Thunder's two wins and is equipped to handle any trickery from World Peace, who returned from his seven-game suspension to make four 3-pointers in the deciding game against Denver in the first round.

Key Matchup II: Kendrick Perkins vs. Andrew Bynum. The centers have matched up against each other as Lakers and Celtics in the NBA finals, so there's a built-in rivalry. The Thunder then acquired Perkins from Boston last season so they would have an interior defender for the top West big men, and Bynum emerged as the best of them this season. Perkins has been bothered by a strained muscle in his right hip and can't afford to be slowed against Bynum, who had 16 points and a career playoff-high 18 rebounds in the Lakers' first-round clincher.

X-Factor: Derek Fisher. The Lakers have watched Fisher hit big postseason shots for years, but now is the first time they have to worry about it happening to them. The veteran guard plays about half the game off the Thunder bench and hit nearly 60 percent of his shots in the first round.

Prediction: Thunder in 6.

We deserve better.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #3296 on: May 14, 2012 at 02:44 PM »
(AP) - A look at the Western Conference semifinal series (with regular-season and playoff records):

No. 2 OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER (47-19, 4-0) vs. No. 3 LOS ANGELES LAKERS (41-25, 4-3)

Season series: Thunder, 2-1. Oklahoma City won the first two meetings before the Lakers rallied from an 18-point deficit in the second half for a 114-106 double-overtime victory on April 22, a game marred by Metta World Peace's vicious elbow to Thunder swingman James Harden's head. Kobe Bryant averaged 24.3 points but shot 7 of 24, 7 of 25 and 9 of 26. Oklahoma City scored 102.7 points per game, even with Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook combining to shoot 14 of 56 in the finale.

Story line: What already would have been an anticipated postseason matchup added extra intrigue after World Peace's actions in the final days of the regular season. The teams played a good first-round series two years ago when the Lakers were NBA champions, but now the advantage may belong to the younger Thunder, who are well-rested following their sweep of Dallas. Meanwhile, the Lakers were stretched to seven games by Denver in a series that didn't end until late Saturday night.

Key Matchup I: Durant vs. World Peace. Forgotten after World Peace's elbow to Harden was the strong defense he was playing against the NBA's scoring champion. Durant ended up with 35 points but shot 11 of 34. He made 50 percent of his shots in the Thunder's two wins and is equipped to handle any trickery from World Peace, who returned from his seven-game suspension to make four 3-pointers in the deciding game against Denver in the first round.

Key Matchup II: Kendrick Perkins vs. Andrew Bynum. The centers have matched up against each other as Lakers and Celtics in the NBA finals, so there's a built-in rivalry. The Thunder then acquired Perkins from Boston last season so they would have an interior defender for the top West big men, and Bynum emerged as the best of them this season. Perkins has been bothered by a strained muscle in his right hip and can't afford to be slowed against Bynum, who had 16 points and a career playoff-high 18 rebounds in the Lakers' first-round clincher.

X-Factor: Derek Fisher. The Lakers have watched Fisher hit big postseason shots for years, but now is the first time they have to worry about it happening to them. The veteran guard plays about half the game off the Thunder bench and hit nearly 60 percent of his shots in the first round.

Prediction: Thunder in 6.

I really like this series.. MWP made the difference last game but Durant is not Gallinari.. and If Lakers had trouble with TyLaw, hello Westbrook, faster and stronger.. maganda sa lakers they have the manpower to guard Durant, MWP and that guy who looks like Bruno Mars, who can also shoot from the 3..

I think experience will be the biggest factor.. So despite being slow in fast break, I'm going for LAL in 7..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3297 on: May 14, 2012 at 02:54 PM »
LA vs OKC will be the best semis series both from the west and east.
I want LA to win so they can play MIA for the finals.
Bryant will take on Westbrook for sure in the crucial stages of the ball games/series.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3298 on: May 14, 2012 at 03:16 PM »

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #3299 on: May 14, 2012 at 03:21 PM »

boss, pa OT... i like transformers and rodimus.. ano yung nakasulat sa sig banner nyo? di ko mabasa e..