Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 494604 times)

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #3510 on: May 20, 2012 at 12:01 PM »
Gasol ang may kasalanan for this loss, unfortunately.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2635
« Reply #3511 on: May 20, 2012 at 12:05 PM »
di na ko nanood after the third quarter, nakahabol pa pala ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3512 on: May 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM »
and Kevin Durant is the best player in the NBA right now.. he plays all 48mins and he shows up in the clutch.. for a Laker fan, I can accept losing to a team led by this guy..

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3513 on: May 20, 2012 at 12:07 PM »
nice pass Pau..  :D

you don't make that kind of pass when freakin' Kevin Durant is right there

ugh.. nakakainis. break this team apart and start all over again

and Kevin Durant is the best player in the NBA right now.. he plays all 48mins and he shows up in the clutch.. for a Laker fan, I can accept losing to a team led by this guy..

+100

bakit ganon? OKC just schooled my team, but i don't hate them at all.  :D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3514 on: May 20, 2012 at 12:21 PM »

+100

[/quote]

Same for me... but really, even before the series started and even during the regular season, I honestly felt the Lakers did not have the right team to make the push all the way to the finals.  And honestly, OKC is not a team that is as polarizing like Miami or the Lakers or Boston. The players of OKC are typically quiet, unassuming...so, tipong di mo "ma-hate".

Still, it was obvious that if they had followed the game plan drawn up (for the entire 48 minutes), it could have been 3 - 1 for the Lakers.

nbc

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #3515 on: May 20, 2012 at 12:31 PM »

because except for their PG, OKC is a very humble team..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3516 on: May 20, 2012 at 12:33 PM »
With this kind of game, the Lakers surely missed the versatility of ODOM.
Very predictable ksi un mga plays nila during the end game.
High peak and roll by Gasol to Bryant and nakatingin lng un iba and dont move to their sweet spots.
The defense of Durant on Bryant also spelled the difference.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #3517 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:06 PM »

plus 100
he deserve to be the scoring champ and the MVP

he can teach LEBRON how to make those clutch shots

im not fan of or durant but when you see how he hit those clutch shots not only againts lakers
he deserve to be MVP
Love me or hate me.....

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3518 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:07 PM »
@nbc

yeah low profile team ang OKC, but they get the job done nonetheless. this team is really built to win a championship. ang bilis ng development nila, just 2 years ago they played as the no.8 seed against the Lakers but look where they are right now.

@puffalan84

Russel Westbrook still keeps on hoisting bad shots from time to time. if ever they do get rid of him (very unlikely with their success this year), most probably i'll be cheering for the Thunder as well.  

@steelcrazy

yeah, Odom could have been used to defend Durantula and provide much needed scoring off the bench.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 01:08 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3519 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:11 PM »
@nbc

yeah low profile team ang OKC, but they get the job done nonetheless. this team is really built to win a championship. ang bilis ng development nila, just 2 years ago they played as the no.8 seed against the Lakers but look where they are right now.

@puffalan84

Russel Westbrook still keeps on hoisting bad shots from time to time. if ever they do get rid of him (very unlikely with their success this year), most probably i'll be cheering for the Thunder as well.  

@steelcrazy

yeah, Odom could have been used to defend Durantula and provide much needed scoring off the bench.

ODOM not a good defender but he has the skills in offense and and create his own shots since he is tall and has good ball handling skills.
Aside from Kobe, nakanganga lng ksi un ibang teamates nya at kabado pumasa kya naaagawan.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3520 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:15 PM »
yeah he's not a good defender, but at least his height and wingspan could have been used to defend KD.

on the other Lakers, i can guarantee that Matt Barnes is a sure goner.

i believe his contract is only good until this season.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 01:16 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3521 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:24 PM »
yeah he's not a good defender, but at least his height and wingspan could have been used to defend KD.

on the other Lakers, i can guarantee that Matt Barnes is a sure goner.

i believe his contract is only good until this season.

LA still has a good line up. We cant blame them that much coz they have a new coach and new system to follow.
Actually they should be up 3-1 vs OKC if not for their collapses during games 2 and 4 where they're actually in total control 90 percent of both games.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3522 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:26 PM »
Pau Gasol: ''I didn't take a shot in the whole 4th quarter''

youtube video

based on a PeX member's observation, Pau had 2 options

1. shoot
2. lob to Bynum

after the game..

"That was a look that I had, and unfortunately I made a mistake."

see you in another NBA basketball uniform next year Pau
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 01:42 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3523 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:30 PM »
LA still has a good line up. We cant blame them that much coz they have a new coach and new system to follow.
Actually they should be up 3-1 vs OKC if not for their collapses during games 2 and 4 where they're actually in total control 90 percent of both games.

their collapses during games 2 and 4 = bad coaching along with stupid decisions by the players

they relaxed knowing they had a double digit lead

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #3524 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:45 PM »
LA should wait for the transformation Sessions into a Tony Parker.
Spurs had much success waiting for Parker to mature.

I would love to keep the Gasol-Bynum combo and just add a more solid wingman and off guard to support Bryant.
Sayang si Shandon Brown. He's a perfect reliever to Bryant and i'm sure he can compete with the energy of Westbrook.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #3525 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:48 PM »
What nanalo pa OKC? i gave up watching mid 4th qtr when the lakers were leading by 10pts. I knew kobe was playing great and so was worldpeace so sabi ko panalo na lakers and watched another channel.

Now i want to watch the replay ;D

Bring on San antonio - oklahoma! thats the series to watch.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3526 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:51 PM »
WTF talaga on Pau

another option was go hard to the basket and try to fish for a foul, maybe he could have gotten an and1 opportunity.

but really, WTF on the crosscourt pass attempt to MWP. they didn't need a 3, the game was freakin' tied.

although one can also think that Pau got intimidated by Perkins.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 01:57 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3527 on: May 20, 2012 at 01:58 PM »
WTF talaga on Pau

another option was go hard to the basket and try to fish for a foul, maybe he could have gotten an and1 opportunity.

but really, WTF on the crosscourt pass attempt to MWP. they didn't need a 3, the game was freakin' tied.

although one can also think that Pau got intimidated by Ibaka.  :-\

Sure it's easy to blame Pau on the bad pass.  But he is not the franchise player.  Maybe the play was not meant for him.  The pass was simply the summit of the Lakers collapse down the stretch.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3528 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:00 PM »
Sure it's easy to blame Pau on the bad pass.  But he is not the franchise player.  Maybe the play was not meant for him. The pass was simply the summit of the Lakers collapse down the stretch.

did you see how he attempted that pass? parang semi no-look pa. kaya mas nakakainis eh!  ;D

Reggie Miller commented that Kobe shouldn't have given up the ball to Pau. what do you think?

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3529 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:22 PM »
did you see how he attempted that pass? parang semi no-look pa. kaya mas nakakainis eh!  ;D

Reggie Miller commented that Kobe shouldn't have given up the ball to Pau. what do you think?

Kobe made that pass because he knew he had no more advantage at that point in the game.. Durant was too long and quick for him.. Should he have made the pass? Maybe, maybe not.. if he didn't, he'll just be caught with a bad shot and the clock running down.. if he didn't, he could've forced it down the middle and kicked out to either Metta or Blake.. if he didn't, he could've asked for an isolation or a re-pick..

just a lot of ifs.. you can blame Pau for that stupid pass.. you can blame Kobe for not taking the shot.. but the bottom line is that the Thunder made great adjustments in the 4th and the Lakers didn't.. Bynum never got to his positions and Kobe was forced to take jumpers against a long Durant..

we can blame all we want but at the end of the day, the Lakers still lost to the better team.. and come Tuesday, I'd still watch and hope that the Lakers win another one because even though OKC is better, I'm still a Laker fan..
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 02:29 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3530 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:24 PM »

Yup it was really a telegraphed pass.  I think it has been fairly established already that Pau is not a money guy.  Even when he was the main guy in Memphis.  It's simply not in his DNA.

As for Kobe, it was the right decision.  He was doubled.  And Pau should have just simply returned the ball back to Kobe.

Lots of factors that led to the loss from the players and coaches as well.  Maybe if those factors never happened early on, the Lakers wouldn't be in the position where Pau made a bad pass.

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3531 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:28 PM »
Kobe made that pass because he knew he had no more advantage at that point in the game.. Durant was too long and quick for him.. Should he have made the pass? Maybe, maybe not.. if he didn't, he'll just be caught with a bad shot and the clock running down.. if he didn't, he could've forced it down the middle and kicked out to either Metta or Blake.. if he didn't, he could've asked for an isolation or a re-pick..

just a lot of ifs.. you can blame Pau for that stupid pass.. you can blame Kobe for not taking the shot.. but the bottom line is that the Thunder made great adjustments in the 4th and the Lakers didn't.. Bynum never got to his positions and Kobe was forced to take jumpers against a long Durant..

we can blame all we want but at the end of the day, the Lakers still lost to the better team..

+1 on everything you said. the thing that pisses me off (really!) was how Pau attempted that pass considering it was a very crucial play for the Lakers.

do you guys still expect the Lakers to win 3 straight against the Thunder?  ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3532 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:29 PM »
Yup it was really a telegraphed pass.  I think it has been fairly established already that Pau is not a money guy.  Even when he was the main guy in Memphis.  It's simply not in his DNA.

As for Kobe, it was the right decision.  He was doubled.  And Pau should have just simply returned the ball back to Kobe.

Lots of factors that led to the loss from the players and coaches as well.  Maybe if those factors never happened early on, the Lakers wouldn't be in the position where Pau made a bad pass.

+1 on this too. i wouldn't be blaming Pau if they (as a team) protected that lead in the 4th quarter.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3533 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:30 PM »
+1 on everything you said. the thing that pisses me off (really!) was how Pau attempted that pass considering it was a very crucial play for the Lakers.

do you guys still expect the Lakers to win 3 straight against the Thunder? ;D

expect, no.. wish, yes.. I'm a Laker fan, after all.. ;D
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 02:31 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3534 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:38 PM »

i'm looking forward to major changes for the Lakers in the off-season. ;D

what would you do to improve the roster? do you think Mike Brown is the right coach for this team?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 02:39 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3535 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:39 PM »

Hehe... same here. If all the stars (even the ones in L.A.) align properly, there is always the possibility.  ;D

If the rumor mill is to be believed, Dallas wants to package Odom and Marion as a trade for Pau Gasol.  Wonder if that is a good move...? Hmmm...

nbc
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 02:45 PM by nbc »

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3536 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:41 PM »
If the rumor mill is to be believed, Dallas wants to package Odom and Marion as a trade for Pau Gasol.  Wonder is that is a good move...? Hmmm...

nbc

would Gasol play the 5 in Dallas? everybody knows Dirk plays the 4 spot

i want Beasley. if he can get his head screwed properly, he's a potent scorer. and he's only 23

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3537 on: May 20, 2012 at 02:46 PM »
would Gasol play the 5 in Dallas? everybody knows Dirk plays the 4 spot

i want Beasley. if he can get his head screwed properly, he's a potent scorer. and he's only 23

Before the Sessions announcement, Beasley was the one almost traded to the Lakers. Yup, he would also have been a good choice given that he can score.

nbc

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3538 on: May 20, 2012 at 03:02 PM »
i'm looking forward to major changes for the Lakers in the off-season. ;D

what would you do to improve the roster? do you think Mike Brown is the right coach for this team?

for now, I'd keep Mike Brown.. the lockout really messed up his entry to the Lakers.. the Lakers may have fared better if there was no lockout.. I'm no fan of Brown but I'll give him a chance to get a proper start and take it from there..

as for the roster, that Beasley trade that fell through at the last minute could have been big for the Lakers.. Kobe and Metta could have gotten a lot more rest if there was a more capable backup than Matt Barnes.. and to be honest, I would have preferred Ebanks over Barnes to spell Metta.. he's raw but he's eager..

if they can get a great deal for Pau in the off-season, I'd let him go.. maybe they can give him back to Memphis for his brother this time.. ;D if not, I'll wait until the trade deadline.. who knows, maybe he'll get back to the Pau Gasol that played in 2010..

the Lakers need better scoring at the 3 spot and a 4 that plays as hard as Jordan Hill with the skills of Pau..

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3539 on: May 20, 2012 at 03:38 PM »
Maybe the play was not meant for him

''The Lakers forward had made a crucial error that led to Durant's three, receiving a pass on the right wing and ignoring both the open jumpshot and the possible lob pass to center Andrew Bynum. He swung the ball timidly to Metta World Peace instead, and Durant stole the pass and buried his 26-foot three from atop the arc as the 18,997 on hand went quiet.

It was, without question, a mental mistake. One Lakers source said Gasol -- who had just 10 points and five rebounds -- hadn't swung that pass all season long.
The play, the source said, is designed either for Gasol to shoot or to find Bynum down low for an alley-oop (Bynum was open, too).''

link
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012 at 03:54 PM by 5zig3n »