Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 494555 times)

Online anya618

• Trade Count: (+3196)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • it PAYS to be patient ;D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2635
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #3630 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:12 AM »
nakabawi sa team nya for trading him....look who's laughing now... ;D

me possibility pang magchampion sila ;D
viber/cp# 09175040694 (PLS INDICATE USERNAME)

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #3631 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:17 AM »
Wow!  For someone famous for having that competitive fire, pang ilang blow-out elimination na ni Kobe itong loss sa Thunder?

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #3632 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:18 AM »
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3633 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:19 AM »
Wow!  For someone famous for having that competitive fire, pang ilang blow-out elimination na ni Kobe itong loss sa Thunder?

The thing is, it was only Kobe who had the "fire" in this game.

Even the coach was just so-so... and made a lot of wrong moves.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3634 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:20 AM »
BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

May nabuhay... :p

Team mo ang susunod.

nbc

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #3635 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:22 AM »
:)

50-50 pa ang Heat... pero ang Lakers deadball na...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3636 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM »
The thing is, it was only Kobe who had the "fire" in this game.

Even the coach was just so-so... and made a lot of wrong moves.

nbc

But being the franchise player, he has the unenviable task of lighting the fire under the team's collective behind.

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #3637 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:24 AM »

70-30 naman. home court nila.  :)

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3638 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:25 AM »

kasama na ni kobe si dirk....mag fishing.

Offline VenoM_Unleashed

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Movie Fan
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 435
« Reply #3639 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM »
I don't know what prompted me to watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaTElBljOE when LA was slowly falling apart  :-[

As much as I hate Kobe, I have to admit I admire his strong will to win. I was really looking forward to an LA vs Miami Finals Showdown.

Sana sa post game interview wala ng sisihang maganap  :-X

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3640 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:27 AM »

Ok lang yun... it was an accepted fact that the Lakers did not have the most competitive team at the start of this year.

However, the Heat, on paper, have 2 and a half superstars. And yet, i have doubts they can win a championship this year.

nbc

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3641 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:30 AM »
Sana sa post game interview wala ng sisihang maganap  :-X

I agree. OKC has been the better team all season. Now, will OKC be good enough against the Spurs? As Stephen A Smith said, the Spurs have no weakness.

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #3642 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:31 AM »
From the 2nd quarter onwards, the bigs seemed to have disappeared and only MWP and Kobe had the focus. When Westbrook and Durant started hitting those unguardable shots, that was it.

Somethings wrong with Gasol, really don't understand why his jumpers always seem to miss.

For the Lakers, I think they can still compete but should work on getting more cohesive as a team. They are times that they seem very disjoint offensively which is an end result of Mike Brown's not being able to replace the Triangle with another scheme.

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3643 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:32 AM »
I agree. OKC has been the better team all season. Now, will OKC be good enough against the Spurs? As Stephen A Smith said, the Spurs have no weakness.

I also feel it will be the Spurs who will be the better team over OKC.

nbc

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3644 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:34 AM »
Kobe's performance though was stellar. If only his team mates could match a fraction of his heart when playing.

that has always been the story for this Lakers the past 2 seasons.. no one else gives his best, game in and game out..

The competitive fire was there.. but one man can't do it alone.. Bynum was nowhere.. when he got that 3rd foul in the 2nd quarter, takbo agad sa bench kahit di naman siya pinapalitan.. he wasn't willing to risk it kahit possible last game na.. and no matter how competitive and strong willed your franchise player is, he's no God.. he can't will someone to do something he doesn't want to do.. and Mike Brown was just in panic mode.. he didn't know what to do anymore.. he was lucky Kobe was playing one hell of a game because if he wasn't, that game was over 1st quarter pa lang..

I think with this loss by the Lakers, the era of deliberate and big man basketball is over.. it's speed and athleticism now.. OKC, Miami, Denver.. even the Spurs and the Celtics thrive on the break now..

as a Laker fan, I'm not happy they lost.. but I can accept it.. regular season pa lang, it was just obvious they weren't going deep in the playoffs.. the new coach, the lockout, the CP3 "trade".. Odom leaving.. Gasol's uncertainty.. Bynum's immaturity.. the Fisher trade.. MWP's stupidity.. and Kobe's... well, Kobe being Kobe.. just too much drama in Hollywood.. at least their exit this time was competitive..

next year na lang uli.. "NBA Finals" na panonoorin ko, OKC vs Spurs.. ;D
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #3645 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:35 AM »
Also rooting for the Spurs in the upcoming series simply because I'm a sucker for what they call vintage. ;D
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #3646 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:38 AM »
sad to say, Kobe Bryant's era ends today.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3647 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:41 AM »

The competitive fire was there.. but one man can't do it alone.. Bynum was nowhere.. when he got that 3rd foul in the 2nd quarter, takbo agad sa bench kahit di naman siya pinapalitan.. he wasn't willing to risk it kahit possible last game na.. and no matter how competitive and strong willed your franchise player is, he's no God.. he can't will someone to do something he doesn't want to do.. and Mike Brown was just in panic mode.. he didn't know what to do anymore.. he was lucky Kobe was playing one hell of a game because if he wasn't, that game was over 1st quarter pa lang..

I think with this loss by the Lakers, the era of deliberate and big man basketball is over.. it's speed and athleticism now.. OKC, Miami, Denver.. even the Spurs and the Celtics thrive on the break now..

as a Laker fan, I'm not happy they lost.. but I can accept it.. regular season pa lang, it was just obvious they weren't going deep in the playoffs.. the new coach, the lockout, the CP3 "trade".. Odom leaving.. Gasol's uncertainty.. Bynum's immaturity.. the Fisher trade.. MWP's stupidity.. and Kobe's... well, Kobe being Kobe.. just too much drama in Hollywood.. at least their exit this time was competitive..

next year na lang uli.. "NBA Finals" na panonoorin ko, OKC vs Spurs.. ;D

This however was not the first time Kobe lead a team in an elimination game at that and got blown out.  Being the franchise player, you have to lead the way to inspire your teammates.  Before he was inserted in the 4th, he sat on the bench looking exasperated.  He has to egg his teammates even from the bench since they all look up to him.

Maybe it didn't help that blame game he pulled off during last game's press conference.

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #3648 on: May 22, 2012 at 11:50 AM »
Actually, i'm not really too disappointed with the Lakers versus OKC series as it was mostly competitive except for the 1st game.

It was a bad sign when Kobe had a lot of points in the 1st quarter pa lang. it means that the rest of the team wasn't prepared from the start.

I actually believe that the Lakers would do a lot better next year. Maybe Jordan Hill might be a better at PF than Gasol whose contract isn't worth it from the production he is getting.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012 at 11:55 AM by daigoro »

Offline thenorthface

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3649 on: May 22, 2012 at 12:16 PM »
kawawa ang staples center, nawalan bigla ng revenue haha

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3650 on: May 22, 2012 at 12:24 PM »
This however was not the first time Kobe lead a team in an elimination game at that and got blown out.  Being the franchise player, you have to lead the way to inspire your teammates.  Before he was inserted in the 4th, he sat on the bench looking exasperated.  He has to egg his teammates even from the bench since they all look up to him.

Maybe it didn't help that blame game he pulled off during last game's press conference.

Kobe was playing a game that most players would want to have.. at 33, facing elimination, in his 12th consecutive game in 21 days, and with all the wear and tear on his body, he was going hard to the rack and he was hustling.. he was dunking the ball, running the break.. for most players, that game was inspirational.. his teammates aren't kids.. they don't need to be told what to do.. they don't need to be called out on what they're supposed to do.. they just have to do it.. Metta did that.. Sessions did that.. but why can't Pau and Bynum do that? they're big men, literally and figuratively.. they don't need to be told.. and who wouldn't be exasperated at that point? Kobe was carrying the team by himself.. he kept them in the game.. he was doing everything he can to give the Lakers a chance.. all game long, you can see Kobe giving his all.. only Metta, Sessions and Ebanks followed his lead..

and besides, it's Kobe we're talking about.. he doesn't egg on his teammates.. he just shows them or shouts at them.. ;D

the Lakers live and die with Kobe.. but they don't live and die for Kobe.. that may not be a good thing about a team's best player but that's just him.. as I said, you can't make a guy do something that he just doesn't want to do..

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3651 on: May 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM »
^ that's a long post sir, but its Mike Brown's fault. I wish him out next season *parang si Boozer sa Bulls etc

anyway, its OKC in 6 for me vs. Spurs.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 343
« Reply #3652 on: May 22, 2012 at 12:32 PM »
Kobe Bryant, post-game: "I'm not fading into the shadows.  I'm not going anywhere.  We're not going anywhere.  I'm not going for that $#!+."    

Based on this article though, unless the Lakers find a willing trade partner, options for player movement are limited in the off-season.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-lakers-fyi-20120522,0,5226870.story

We deserve better.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
« Reply #3653 on: May 22, 2012 at 12:36 PM »
Kobe was playing a game that most players would want to have.. at 33, facing elimination, in his 12th consecutive game in 21 days, and with all the wear and tear on his body, he was going hard to the rack and he was hustling.. he was dunking the ball, running the break.. for most players, that game was inspirational.. his teammates aren't kids.. they don't need to be told what to do.. they don't need to be called out on what they're supposed to do.. they just have to do it.. Metta did that.. Sessions did that.. but why can't Pau and Bynum do that? they're big men, literally and figuratively.. they don't need to be told.. and who wouldn't be exasperated at that point? Kobe was carrying the team by himself.. he kept them in the game.. he was doing everything he can to give the Lakers a chance.. all game long, you can see Kobe giving his all.. only Metta, Sessions and Ebanks followed his lead..

and besides, it's Kobe we're talking about.. he doesn't egg on his teammates.. he just shows them or shouts at them.. ;D

the Lakers live and die with Kobe.. but they don't live and die for Kobe.. that may not be a good thing about a team's best player but that's just him.. as I said, you can't make a guy do something that he just doesn't want to do..

Very good points. Maybe I am just comparing Kobe to Jordan. Because Jordan is the player beng emulated by Kobe. Even with an older & veteran team, Jordan never failed to scold his teammates and instilling a sense of urgency.

But still he's the franchise player.  Not Pau, not Bynum. It is still a team game but the buck always stops with your franchise player...whether he likes it or not.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012 at 01:00 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline rexFi

• DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3654 on: May 22, 2012 at 12:41 PM »
Heat vs. Spurs

Jan 17 Win 120-98
http://cnnsi.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/01/17/31108_recap.html

Heat vs. Thunder

Mar 25 Lose 103-87
http://cnnsi.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/03/25/30352_recap.html

April 4 Win 98-93
http://cnnsi.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/04/04/31575_recap.html

I know the playoffs/finals will be different, but based on the Regular season records, the HEAT can win vs. these 2 teams in the West.

Heat in 7 vs. OKC
Heat in 6 vs. Spurs

Offline Furry

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Groovy baby, yeah!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3655 on: May 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM »
As much as i love the Lakers, i hate the immaturity of Bynum and hope this series has taught him a lesson. He needs to step up more next season and really ask for the ball, be aggressive for the whole game!

Offline daigoro

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
« Reply #3656 on: May 22, 2012 at 01:01 PM »
Actually, it's the only season wherein Bynum was relatively healthy. He has to improve his post moves. Perkins made him move too far out to make good shots and he dribbles a lot.

Online synchro_01

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 935
« Reply #3657 on: May 22, 2012 at 01:01 PM »
I kinda feel that Gasol played his last game as a Laker. It's been 2 years already since we last saw what sports analysts described him as "the most skilled big man in the planet". Those skills were nowhere evident this year and the last year.  Blake and Barnes could be on the way out as well.

They could trade Gasol and get more athletic players in return. They have a good future though in Jordan Hill plus the absence of Gasol will get Bynum more touches...something that he desires the most. Sessions will get more practice time to acclimate himself with the other players if he gets a full pre season training camp with them.  

This team will certainly need to re tool and come back geared to meet OKC next year because if they bring the same team again and meet OKC they still won't have a chance.
Pioneer Elite/Dynaudio/REL 7.1 THX
Pioneer DDJ SR2/Pioneer DM60/Mac Air M1
Sonos/NHT 2,1 sub sat

Offline 2fast2furious

• DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3658 on: May 22, 2012 at 01:05 PM »
Heat vs. Spurs

Jan 17 Win 120-98
http://cnnsi.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/01/17/31108_recap.html

Heat vs. Thunder

Mar 25 Lose 103-87
http://cnnsi.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/03/25/30352_recap.html

April 4 Win 98-93
http://cnnsi.com/basketball/nba/gameflash/2012/04/04/31575_recap.html

I know the playoffs/finals will be different, but based on the Regular season records, the HEAT can win vs. these 2 teams in the West.

Heat in 7 vs. OKC
Heat in 6 vs. Spurs

yup. heat can beat these west teams as long as they are healthy and complete.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012 at 01:07 PM by 2fast2furious »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #3659 on: May 22, 2012 at 01:11 PM »
Lakers: sa hinabahaba ng prosisyon... sa kangkungan din pala ang tuloy... :)