Author Topic: NBA 2012 Season  (Read 494597 times)

Offline LoneWolf

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The Mystery of LeBron James
« Reply #4680 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 01:58 PM »
I also don't understand why LBJ (who's always quoted by the media as having the power of an NFL player) is not driving to the basket like crazy?!?!

Allen Iverson had more drives in any given 4th quarter of the playoff games he played, than LeBron did for the entire game!!  My points on why I don't understand:

- If I was as big and strong as LeBron, I'd take it to the hole everytime.  There is a high chance that if someone defends my drive to the basket, I will get a whistle from the referee because I am a 3-time MVP and I have that 'respect' from the referees.  'Di ba kakagawa lang ni LBJ ng monster 45-point 15-rebound game last Game 6 of the ECF?!  Why the sudden change of pace on offense?!

- If I was playing with such a big chip on my shoulder, I will take it to the hole everytime because that will lead to many opportunities.  Don't tell me he is being bothered by the OKC defense.  He's a great passer!!!  If he gets smothered by Durant, Ibaka & Perkins while driving to the whole, he can dish off to Bosh & Haslem as either of them will be free after receiving a double team.

- LeBron needs to work on his post-up game.  Can't help but compare.. MJ and Kobe, although shooting guards, can really post up whoever is guarding them.  They can either finish with a fade-away jumper or a breakaway lay-up, but the bottom line is, they have a post-up game.  Where is LeBron's post-up game?  He received 3 Regular Season MVP awards, without showing a respectable post-up game.  If you think he has a post-up game, then why is Miami not using him to post-up the opposing PF/SF?  He's bulkier than Durant, and quicker than Ibaka, so I don't see him losing these match ups IF HE'S USING HIS SKILLS TO THE FULLEST!

I don't consider myself as a Heat/LBJ hater.. I just don't understand the logic behind LBJ's untapped potential.
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012 at 01:59 PM by LoneWolf »
Don't fight it

Offline praktikal

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 40
Re: NBA 2012 Season
« Reply #4681 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:00 PM »
the more pressure the more you can not execute well. now, sino ba sa 2 teams ang pressured?

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4682 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:02 PM »
the more pressure the more you can not execute well. now, sino ba sa 2 teams ang pressured?

If a team (let's say, the Heat, in this discussion) cannot execute, 'di ba dapat the superstar will take control of the offense?  I don't mind a superstar hogging the ball, for as long as he will make the right decisions (score or pass in the crucial moments).  I still see an inconsistency in LeBron's aggressiveness.  He is a very gifted player, and I hope he uses his talents "more".
Don't fight it

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4683 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:11 PM »
does LBJ has the nerve? takot masisi? hanggang basa lang ako about NBA kaya di ko nasubaybayan ang galaw at play. kamusta ang coaching style ni kabayan? baka naman sa coaching ang may deperensya?

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4684 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:12 PM »

pressure determines the winning attitude, established players who are winners thrive on pressure in basketball game, kaya madalas naririnig yung this is what separates men from the boys

sabi nga ng madaming nag post, isang game pa lang naman yan long way to go but you just cant help notice the attitude of LBJ tuwing 4th quarter, while other superstars of his stature would be very agressive during the 4th quarter specially when the game is on the line, LBJ is consistently non existent sa 4th.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #4685 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:14 PM »
yan na... dami nang nagsulputan na mga intellectual analysis bakit natalo ang Miami...

kapag talo puro James ang sisi...
kapag nanalo kay Wade ang praises...

tsk tsk tsk...

lets go HEAT!!!
There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4686 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:20 PM »
does LBJ has the nerve? takot masisi? hanggang basa lang ako about NBA kaya di ko nasubaybayan ang galaw at play. kamusta ang coaching style ni kabayan? baka naman sa coaching ang may deperensya?

Well, I feel for kabayan, kasi binabastos lang siya harap-harapan ng players niya.
Here's LeBron bumping (or hitting) Erik's shoulder, pretending he doesn't see Spoelstra, after their loss last year to the Mavs:

There's an Animated GIF version of that, just can't post it right now because blocked 'yung Animated GIF webpage at work.
Don't fight it

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4687 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:22 PM »
yan na... dami nang nagsulputan na mga intellectual analysis bakit natalo ang Miami...

tsk tsk tsk...

lets go HEAT!!!

dpogs walang intellectual analysis, you dont need intellect to say that a player is non existent when the game is on the line, you just need common sense and understanding of the game, its a plus kung dati ka ding naglalaro ng basketball

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #4688 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:23 PM »
pag natalo ang Heat kay Lebron ang sisi hindi ba pwede ang mga kakampi niya ang sisihin?
pag OKC naman ang natalo kay Westbrook ang sisi, hindi din ba pwede ang mga kakampi niya ang sisihin?

bakit kaya?

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4689 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:24 PM »

tsk tsk tsk...

lets go HEAT!!!

Unless LeBron steps up when it matters the most (last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter) consistently, this (blaming him for the loss) will always be the case in social media as well as basketball discussions.

Also, the people that don't explain why they are "blaming" LeBron for a Heat loss are the real haters. :)
Don't fight it

Offline praktikal

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4690 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:25 PM »
amigos, gusto kong malaman bakit laging na kay LBJ ang puna? baka naman basang basa na ang moves nya? sakaling sya nga ang go-to guy, hindi ba madali kung magiging decoy sya? o natitsek pa din?

pero base sa mga usap-usapan din dito sa office without watching the game mukhang lamang ang OKC para sa akin. between the two teams kasi parang anghit este ang Heat ang may mabigat ng pasan to win. whereas ang OKC manalo o matalo wagi pa rin. tama ba?

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4691 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:26 PM »
dpogs walang intellectual analysis, you dont need intellect to say that a player is non existent when the game is on the line, you just need common sense and understanding of the game, its a plus kung dati ka ding naglalaro ng basketball

+1  Haters gonna hate, but there are also basketball fans, who just want to discuss their take on games..
Don't fight it

Offline rexFi

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vroom
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4692 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:29 PM »
KD >> LBJ sa 4th Q nung Game 1
Wade SUCKED all game (I can't believe I'm saying this because he is my favorite player than leBron since 2006).

Sayang points ni Battier...
Good job, good effort...

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #4693 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:35 PM »
wala man lang akong narinig na mga intellectual analysis nang masupalpal ng Heat ang Celtics...

tsk tsk tsk... hays...

game 1 pa lang yan dami niyo nang sinasabi... tingnan na lang natin kung sino ang makapanalo ng apat para malaman kung sino pupulutin sa kangkungan...

GO HEAT!!!

Offline LoneWolf

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #4694 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:36 PM »
amigos, gusto kong malaman bakit laging na kay LBJ ang puna? baka naman basang basa na ang moves nya? sakaling sya nga ang go-to guy, hindi ba madali kung magiging decoy sya? o natitsek pa din?

pero base sa mga usap-usapan din dito sa office without watching the game mukhang lamang ang OKC para sa akin. between the two teams kasi parang anghit este ang Heat ang may mabigat ng pasan to win. whereas ang OKC manalo o matalo wagi pa rin. tama ba?

Bro, check out this article from Zach Lowe, a respected writer from Sports Illustrated, on his analysis of a recent game (2012 NBA Playoffs vs. Indiana) and try to remember how you saw LeBron play in Game 1 of this year's Finals.
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/05/16/lebron-james-heat/
Don't fight it

Offline bolong68

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4695 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 02:42 PM »
Ewan ko lang kung may nag-post na nitong trend ng games lost ng Miami:

1st round - 1 game
2nd round- 2 games
3rd round (ECF)-  3 games
4th round (NBA Finals)- 4 games (?)

Offline pao625â„¢

• Trade Count: (+27)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • break it down!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 95
« Reply #4696 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:00 PM »
game 1 pa lang yan! babawi HEAT! maraming adjustment na kailangan especially defense sa lowpost! daming easy baskets sa ilalam... Lockdown D dapat! GO HEAT!

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4697 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:07 PM »
hmmm...

ang dami na namang mga intellectual analysis na nangyayari sa thread... TALO KASI MIAMI... bad trip.

err.. meron ba nakalagay dito na bawal mag intellectual analysis ang ibang members? ::)

+1
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:24 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #4698 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:07 PM »
Bumalik 'yung dating laro ni Bosh..., non-factor nanaman  >:(
Walang kalatuy-latoy sa opensa at lalo na sa depensa.
Na outwit at na out-hustled si Bosh ng big men ng OKC, lalo na ni Collison.  :-[

LBJ played decent, but not great. 'Di ko alam kung bakit sila nag-pipilit tumira sa labas, mas maganda naman resulta 'pag nag  drive to the basket sila  ??? Sana hayaan na lang ng Big 3 kila Chalmers at Battier 'yung outside shooting.

Although talo Miami, nakita naman na may chance sila against OKC, madami kasi nag akala na OKC will just massacre Miami. Makanakaw lang sana ng isang panalo sa homecourt ng OKC medyo maganda na chances ng Miami.  ;)

Let's Go Heat!

2nd half performance was their doom. hope this will not be repeated in game 1. am sure coach SPO will adjust.  ;)

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #4699 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:08 PM »
being down 0-2 wont be that bad as MIA will have 3 consecutive games played at their home court so malaking advantage yan sa MIA and definitely disadvantage for OKC should they split their first 2 home games.
mia really needs to win game 2 because okc as we all know is really capable of beating any hometeam.. Hope lbj repeats his game 6 performance in ecf, they really need him to deliver.. Go spo, prove them pinoy rules..
The Pats way...

Offline 2fast2furious

• Trade Count: (+100)
  • DVD Guru
  • Vrooom!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 78
« Reply #4700 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:14 PM »
Wade SUCKED all game (I can't believe I'm saying this because he is my favorite player than leBron since 2006).

Good job, good effort...
naging tentative lahat sila on the 2nd half.  >:(

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #4701 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:23 PM »

Good job, good effort...

i agree. although Lebron only made 7 points in the fourth, he never really received any crucial help specially from DWade. (big fan of Wade as well)

sayang pa naman yung pag shutdown nila kay Harden hindi nakapag-capitalize ang Heat due to poor offensive executions ni Coach Spo. puro sila na-inlove sa jump shots. Lebron should turn on the switch again like he did in games 6 and 7 in the ECF.

Offline warmaster

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Guru
  • My body... My temple...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #4702 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:26 PM »

Good job, good effort...

sayang nga points ni battier, baka di na maulit yang ganyang scoring niya. wade had 19 points, respectable for some but when you're the leader of the team more is expected of you, lalo na sa end game. in fairness kay lebron he made shots and sank free throws in the fourth. tingin ko dito more on lack of defensive execution ng miami sa end game. spo should adjust to avoid a 2 nothing hole

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4703 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:27 PM »
@dpogs

bakit pag nananalo ang Miami, puro kangkungan at olats at bwa ha ha ha lang ang nababasa namin sa posts mo? ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:28 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #4704 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:31 PM »
@dpogs

bakit pag nananalo ang Miami, puro kangkungan at olats at bwa ha ha ha lang ang nababasa namin sa posts mo? ;D

nagaantay lang ako ng mga intellectual analysis niyo paano nanalo ang Miami...

nagsusulputan kasi mga intellectual analysis kapag natatalo ang Miami...

saka wala akong alam sa mga ana-analysis na yan... basta ang alam ko... ang Knick ay pinulot sa kangkungan.. ang Pacers ay pinalamon ng alikabok... at ang boston ay sinupalpal ng Miami...

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #4705 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:32 PM »

ka noli less of a pressure sa OKC kase nag over achieve na sila kung tutuusin, mabilis na sila nakarating sa champioship compared to others

ang heat madaming factors working for them, experience,, current league mvp with them and lbj pronouncing he will get multiple championship for the team,

yung aura kase ni lbj sobrang lakas ng dating as if he is the king of the world kaya mataas ang expectations sa kanya

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #4706 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:32 PM »

saka wala akong alam sa mga ana-analysis na yan... basta ang alam ko... ang Knick ay pinulot sa kangkungan.. ang Pacers ay pinalamon ng alikabok... at ang boston ay sinupalpal ng Miami...

@5zig3n
read the bold phrase hahaha! jk ;D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4707 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:35 PM »

err.. di ba ang daming napabilib ni Lebron dito after that 45 point performance in game 6 of the ECF?  

allergic ka sa mga so-called intellectual analysis na yan? ;D

just like sir Onkyo606 said, common sense and understanding of the game lang ang kailangan. ;)

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4708 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:35 PM »
@5zig3n
read the bold phrase hahaha! jk ;D

alam mo, nakakarami ka na eh. ano? suntukan na lang oh. >:(

hahahaha  ;D :D

Offline 5zig3n

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #4709 on: Jun 13, 2012 at 03:37 PM »
btw, i know leomarley personally. baka kasi meron umepal sa asaran namin eh. ::) ;D