Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205713 times)

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2011
« Reply #120 on: Jul 17, 2011 at 02:09 PM »
if Buenafe is still with Ateneo, why Austria is wearing no. 13?
The Pats way...

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #121 on: Jul 17, 2011 at 06:32 PM »

Buenafe does not own the rights to Ateneo's jersey no. 13. Since he is currently out of the line-up then Austria can wear it.

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Jul 17, 2011 at 06:35 PM »
I watched the first few minutes of the UP-NU game but turned the tv off. Medyo larong buko e. hehe

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #123 on: Jul 17, 2011 at 06:47 PM »
UST wins!

go USTe! ;D

Offline dencio105

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 205
« Reply #124 on: Jul 17, 2011 at 06:52 PM »
Yes go USTE!

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #125 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 07:26 AM »
I watched the first few minutes of the UP-NU game but turned the tv off. Medyo larong buko e. hehe

almost all teams except Ateneo (Slow deliberate PBA style) plays the run and gun type of game kya expect lots of turn overs.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #126 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 07:00 PM »
almost all teams except Ateneo (Slow deliberate PBA style) plays the run and gun type of game kya expect lots of turn overs.

Even if most teams play the  run-and-gun type of game, there is still a semblance of order in the plays. Maybe I'm just biased, maybe I just expect more from UP but it seems that every time I get to watch them play, I see botched play after botched play and players not knowing what to do inside the court. Sabi nga e 'pinabili lang ng suka'. But it's fun watching how the other teams are affected by their play!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #127 on: Jul 18, 2011 at 08:36 PM »
UP didn't play that bad against NU.. panget nga simula nila but they regrouped toward the end of the 1st quarter.. lamang pa nga sila after the 1st half.. that UP-NU game was actually better than the AdU-FEU game.. and UP is a much better team this year than they were the past 3 seasons or so..

dati, if they start the game down 1-14, tuloy na yung tambakan.. kahapon, they just settled down, ran their plays and got aggressive on defense at nakabawi na sila.. they were just down 5 with a little over 2 mins to play.. kulang lang talaga sila sa tao.. no legit go-to guy.. dinadaan lang nila sa energy eh.. but if they could sustain that high energy the entire game, they can upset some of the better teams this season..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 12:14 AM »
Even if most teams play the  run-and-gun type of game, there is still a semblance of order in the plays. Maybe I'm just biased, maybe I just expect more from UP but it seems that every time I get to watch them play, I see botched play after botched play and players not knowing what to do inside the court. Sabi nga e 'pinabili lang ng suka'. But it's fun watching how the other teams are affected by their play!

in short larong buko he he if this kind of trend continues lamang ang UST coz they can really shoot the lights out
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #129 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 12:47 AM »
you guys should watch the NCAA.. halos lahat ng teams dun parang walang plays.. you see one possession after another na isang player lang humahawak ng bola.. coast to coast pero di naman tumatama sa ring yung tira.. yung ibang team naman, 5 straight posessions, tres lang tinitira.. offensive rebound na pwede na i-putback, nilalabas pa para sa tres.. 1st quarter pa lang yan.. ang sakit sa mata panoorin..

Offline jhelenz

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #130 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 02:51 AM »
you guys should watch the NCAA.. halos lahat ng teams dun parang walang plays.. you see one possession after another na isang player lang humahawak ng bola.. coast to coast pero di naman tumatama sa ring yung tira.. yung ibang team naman, 5 straight posessions, tres lang tinitira.. offensive rebound na pwede na i-putback, nilalabas pa para sa tres.. 1st quarter pa lang yan.. ang sakit sa mata panoorin..
masakit pala sa mata,di na lang ako manonood  ;D

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 09:32 AM »

sorry to disagree as hindi naman halos lahat ng games sir, meron lang talagang teams na sobrang nag rerely sa talent and this usually happen sa mga new Teams especially when they're down by 10 or more..

Try  to appreciate also the defense, look at how Beda plays and I hate to say this, their offense is so-so this year but the defense is just really good..  (sorry Bedans) coz I think compare to Baste you don't really have that much talent this year on offense unlike 3 years ago.

Try watching well coached teams like Baste (ouch), Mapua, Beda, and of course my Letran Knights, these teams are really watchable and and I believe they can match up well with the big guns of UAAP.  :)

Letran vs. Baste on Wednesday 4PM..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 09:37 AM »

sobra na ksi fundamentally sound mga players ngaun eh, they seem to be injected w/ too much scientific knowledge at their young age kya un gigil na gigil he he. . .
they're taught to play w/ a lot of hassle and be very aggressive and these hassles produces turn overs and errors kya masakit tlga sa mata watching games with lots of errors and turnovers due to the hassles of the players.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2011 at 11:02 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 09:44 AM »
sorry to disagree as hindi naman halos lahat ng games sir, meron lang talagang teams na sobrang nag rerely sa talent and this usually happen sa mga new Teams especially when they're down by 10 or more..

Try  to appreciate also the defense, look at how Beda plays and I hate to say this, their offense is so-so this year but the defense is just really good..  (sorry Bedans) coz I think compare to Baste you don't really have that much talent this year on offense unlike 3 years ago.

Try watching well coached teams like Baste (ouch), Mapua, Beda, and of course my Letran Knights, these teams are really watchable and and I believe they can match up well with the big guns of UAAP.  :)

Letran vs. Baste on Wednesday 4PM..

adding insult to injury, i guess San Beda was/ is never good enough playing w/o an IMPORT.
even in previous years they wouldnt have beaten LETRAN all Filipino.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Jul 19, 2011 at 07:02 PM »
To that bald ref who officiated that Ateneo-DLSU game last Saturday: SCREW YOU BALDYMORT BURN IN HELL!

I assume, sir, based on the colors of your stars, that you are for Ateneo! I would have liked to add that he suffer the same fate as his namesake but that is too much to wish upon any person. So I'll just leave it to you. You said it well!

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258

Offline dmaximus

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • DVD Addict
  • "People should know when they are conquered."
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 05:48 AM »

buenafe is not in the line up anymore. heard there was a scandal that led to ateneo cutting him off.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 07:22 AM »
buenafe is not in the line up anymore. heard there was a scandal that led to ateneo cutting him off.

buenafe and de la cruz feud got them both out of the Ateneo line up for good.
« Last Edit: Jul 20, 2011 at 07:23 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Phobos

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Forum Nazi
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 08:43 AM »
I assume, sir, based on the colors of your stars, that you are for Ateneo! I would have liked to add that he suffer the same fate as his namesake but that is too much to wish upon any person. So I'll just leave it to you. You said it well!

Actually the stars indicate that I'm a mod, but yeah I am for Ateneo.

He got suspended for the entire 1st round:

http://www.malaya.com.ph/july19/sports4.html

JUSTICE!

buenafe and de la cruz feud got them both out of the Ateneo line up for good.

Care to elaborate? And if you could cite sources, that would be appreciated. All I heard was he flunked his subjects.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #140 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 08:52 AM »

Care to elaborate? And if you could cite sources, that would be appreciated. All I heard was he flunked his subjects.

there are no news sources re this, but online forums are buzzing with talks that he (buenafe) was accused with raping art dela cruz's gf...

from what ive personally heard/read may version na yung gf daw ang lumapit kay ryan nung nag away sila ni art... may version naman na nagiinuman sila and may flirting daw between the gf and ryan.. may version din na break na si art and the gf when this happened, and gawa gawa lang to ni art (propaganda) para siraan si ryan..

daming versions no? parang dvd?

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 10:03 AM »
there are no news sources re this, but online forums are buzzing with talks that he (buenafe) was accused with raping art dela cruz's gf...

from what ive personally heard/read may version na yung gf daw ang lumapit kay ryan nung nag away sila ni art... may version naman na nagiinuman sila and may flirting daw between the gf and ryan.. may version din na break na si art and the gf when this happened, and gawa gawa lang to ni art (propaganda) para siraan si ryan..

daming versions no? parang dvd?

all because of a girl.. wow..

OT. I don't know if it's just me, but parang only this year that rookies who were great in Juniors are excelling also in Seniors, karamihan kasi before are busts.. very few ang success transitions like Ritualo, Tenorio..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #142 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 12:20 PM »
all because of a girl.. wow..

OT. I don't know if it's just me, but parang only this year that rookies who were great in Juniors are excelling also in Seniors, karamihan kasi before are busts.. very few ang success transitions like Ritualo, Tenorio..

pinatos ba namn un gf ng teammate d of course they both cant be part of that team anymore.
masisira pa un chemistry ng team if both are still included
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 985
« Reply #143 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 12:25 PM »
pinatos ba namn un gf ng teammate d of course they both cant be part of that team anymore.
masisira pa un chemistry ng team if both are still included

ganyan ka seryoso siguro talaga ang basketball program ng ateneo. kahit gano ka pa kagaling, kung may problema sayo personal man or sa academics..aalisin ka nila..pwede pa naman sila mag develop ng ibang players.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 03:24 PM »
ganyan ka seryoso siguro talaga ang basketball program ng ateneo. kahit gano ka pa kagaling, kung may problema sayo personal man or sa academics..aalisin ka nila..pwede pa naman sila mag develop ng ibang players.

Ateneo is lucky to have recruited Slaughter and able to convince Ravena to stay otherwise w/o Buenafe and de la Cruz, they may just kiss their hopes for a 4peat goodbye.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 03:40 PM »

JUSTICE!

i thought it was becasue he was overweight?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 03:52 PM »

It's because of an alleged serious charge vs buenafe, yes.  And from what i heard, Ateneo asked him to go so buenafe "voluntarily" left the team.  So at least for the record, he was not technically removed from the squad.  In return, they were able to convince the girl not to press charges anymore. 

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 04:07 PM »
It's because of an alleged serious charge vs buenafe, yes.  And from what i heard, Ateneo asked him to go so buenafe "voluntarily" left the team.  So at least for the record, he was not technically removed from the squad.  In return, they were able to convince the girl not to press charges anymore. 

ganun? perhaps thats the consolation he got for giving Ateneo a triple crown during his 3 yr tenure.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #148 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 04:45 PM »
ganun? perhaps thats the consolation he got for giving Ateneo a triple crown during his 3 yr tenure.
sayang, used to follow this kid nung nasa baste jUniors pa sya together with bringas who played for La Salle but I heard will be playing with Baste again after completing his 1 year residency.. they were unbeatable then..
Buenafe was on the same level as Ritualo during his Beda times.. 

anyway, from what we all saw last weekend, mukhang Ateneo and Adamson are the teams to beat this year..

and Parks' shooting stroke? simply amazing, parang ang dali..  :) 
The Pats way...

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jul 20, 2011 at 05:58 PM »

yes sir, I know you are a mod.
Your stars are blue but they could have been colored green which would have then led me to think you were for La Salle.