Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205741 times)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2011
« Reply #150 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 12:11 AM »
sayang, used to follow this kid nung nasa baste jUniors pa sya together with bringas who played for La Salle but I heard will be playing with Baste again after completing his 1 year residency.. they were unbeatable then..
Buenafe was on the same level as Ritualo during his Beda times..  

anyway, from what we all saw last weekend, mukhang Ateneo and Adamson are the teams to beat this year..

and Parks' shooting stroke? simply amazing, parang ang dali..  :)  

mas bagay si Buenafe and Bringas sa NCAA where its more of individual talents in display compared to UAAP w/c i feel is more systematic team play.
parang nakakadena si Ryan dto sa UAAP pigil un laro nya just to fit into Ateneo's system but no doubt he proved too many times that his talents excels above them all during crunch time.

Ray Parks Jr is indeed a fine shooter. Yes ang ganda ng strokes nya, but he still has to develop those slashing power drives na may pasabit para foul counted just like how his father played in the PBA before.
« Last Edit: Jul 21, 2011 at 03:20 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #151 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 05:49 AM »
It's because of an alleged serious charge vs buenafe, yes.  And from what i heard, Ateneo asked him to go so buenafe "voluntarily" left the team.  So at least for the record, he was not technically removed from the squad.  In return, they were able to convince the girl not to press charges anymore. 

And Buenafe is not permanently out of the team yet.  He can still crack the lineup next year.

The Ateneo did not ask him to go, nor did they ask the girl "not to press charges".

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #152 on: Jul 21, 2011 at 10:23 AM »
sayang, used to follow this kid nung nasa baste jUniors pa sya together with bringas who played for La Salle but I heard will be playing with Baste again after completing his 1 year residency.. they were unbeatable then..
Buenafe was on the same level as Ritualo during his Beda times.. 

anyway, from what we all saw last weekend, mukhang Ateneo and Adamson are the teams to beat this year..

and Parks' shooting stroke? simply amazing, parang ang dali..  :) 

i still remember how dominant the cubs were when ren-ren, jenkins mesina, mike bravo ang jomalesa were playing together, tapos off the bench si xavier nunag. they were so dominant, never threathened in any game. 1st half pa lng 30+ na ang lamang sa kalaban. ibang klase talaga ang cubs, farm team ng uaap seniors  ;D

CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Jul 22, 2011 at 01:13 AM »
i still remember how dominant the cubs were when ren-ren, jenkins mesina, mike bravo ang jomalesa were playing together, tapos off the bench si xavier nunag. they were so dominant, never threathened in any game. 1st half pa lng 30+ na ang lamang sa kalaban. ibang klase talaga ang cubs, farm team ng uaap seniors  ;D

Thanks to Ato Badolato.

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 985
« Reply #154 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 06:27 PM »
nagkalat na naman uste...haba pa ng oras ubos na timeout...okay din yung tolomia ng feu

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #155 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 07:00 PM »
Tinalo ng UP ang Ateneo!!!

sa 1st quarter nga lang. hehe

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #156 on: Jul 30, 2011 at 09:28 PM »
nagkalat na naman uste...

a won game lost.... >:(
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 05:21 PM »
Altamirano finally realized that he has to involve Mbe in his offensive plays for them to have a chance at winning.. tamang tama lang at against Adamson niya ito ginawa..

so far, it looks like only Ateneo is sure to make the Final Four.. the remaining 3 slots will be a dog fight between FEU, Adamson, La Salle, UST and NU..

La Salle seems to be getting their rhythm but I think it also has to do with being up against struggling teams (UP, NU, UE).. if they beat Adamson next Saturday, the favorites better take notice.. FEU and Adamson, so far, have been playing to the level of their opponents.. kung mahina kalaban, they get overconfident and cocky.. kaya pagnaunahan, nagkukumahog maghabol.. kapag natsambahan sila by teams like UP and UE, yari sila..

maganda rin pala laban sa last place.. UP at UE.. ;D

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #158 on: Jul 31, 2011 at 09:23 PM »
a won game lost.... >:(

I still maintain my opinion on Pido. His team is composed of prolific 3pt. shooters and a workhorse in camus but his decisions as a tactician / strategist is still questionable. He may be a good motivator / comedian but as a good coach.... :D He used up all his timeouts with around 3 or 4min left in the game. He still persistently fielded in kevin ferrer when FEU was catching up. The turnovers in the last 3 or 4 possession of UST in the last 3 min to 2nd min could have been prevented with a good play in breaking the press FEU was applying.

He won 2006 against Ateneo in the championship bec. he had good wing players in Jojo Duncil, and Dylan Ababou. Jervy Cruz was a good force in the paint. That was a fluke and will never be repeated again. Kevin ferrer may blossom but still quite raw as can be seen in yesterday's game.
« Last Edit: Aug 01, 2011 at 11:46 AM by questforthegoodlife »

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 11:17 AM »
the finishing kick has always been the problem of UST since pido took over. they always crumble during the last five minutes of each of their games. they won't reach the Final Four if they play that way.

yes, pido may be a good motivator. but it seems that he does not know which buttons to push when the going gets tough, especially during end game. motivation is one thing. player rotation, however, is an entirely different animal.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #160 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 12:50 PM »
Does anyone know how much good seats will cost to watch the games at Araneta?
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 12:59 PM »
Does anyone know how much good seats will cost to watch the games at Araneta?

Patron and Lower Box are the good seats in Araneta. If you get Upper A, the very first three rows would still be ok.

Patron = Php300 (i think)
Lower Box = Php250(or could be 300 and Patron would be Php350 already).

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 01:08 PM »
Patron and Lower Box are the good seats in Araneta. If you get Upper A, the very first three rows would still be ok.

Patron = Php300 (i think)
Lower Box = Php250(or could be 300 and Patron would be Php350 already).

During Eliminations, tickets would be pretty much in this range.  However, come Championship, alam ko nagmamahal na. 

To be sure you can check out Ticketnet at araneta :  http://www.ticketnet.com.ph/2006/index.php

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #163 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 01:26 PM »
Thanks Questforthegoodlife and Mattia,

Appreciate the replies.  Will try to catch Ateneo/UST this Thursday if schedule permits ;D
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #164 on: Aug 01, 2011 at 06:42 PM »
I still maintain my opinion on Pido. His team is composed of prolific 3pt. shooters and a workhorse in camus but his decisions as a tactician / strategist is still questionable. He may be a good motivator / comedian but as a good coach.... :D He used up all his timeouts with around 3 or 4min left in the game. He still persistently fielded in kevin ferrer when FEU was catching up. The turnovers in the last 3 or 4 possession of UST in the last 3 min to 2nd min could have been prevented with a good play in breaking the press FEU was applying.

He won 2006 against Ateneo in the championship bec. he had good wing players in Jojo Duncil, and Dylan Ababou. Jervy Cruz was a good force in the paint. That was a fluke and will never be repeated again. Kevin ferrer may blossom but still quite raw as can be seen in yesterday's game.

i had the chance to watch camus and with my little undertsnading of basketball. this guy is a very good talent, tall and fast and with a fighting heart.

yung mga player ng USTE naghihirap lumamang kaso pag nag habol na kalaban, yung diskarte ng coach ang susundin kaya ayun sablay.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #165 on: Aug 03, 2011 at 06:43 PM »
i forecast FEU to play Ateneo in the finals but is Ramos and Cawalig play the way they're playing recently, mukhang sablay prediction ko.
Lelembot lembot ksi un 2 main mans ng FEU, buti pa si Tolomia kht rookie at maliit he plays aggressively at buo ang loob.
mukhang napasama un pag sali ni Ramos at Cawalig sa Smart Gilas coz now they're playing out of position.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Aug 03, 2011 at 07:22 PM »
i had the chance to watch camus and with my little undertsnading of basketball. this guy is a very good talent, tall and fast and with a fighting heart.

yung mga player ng USTE naghihirap lumamang kaso pag nag habol na kalaban, yung diskarte ng coach ang susundin kaya ayun sablay.

Yes, camus is very good. I expect Nico Salva and Chris Camus to rough it up tomorrow.

Not sure if anybody can confirm this, but i'll pay more attention during the timeouts and coach pido "orchestrates" a play. Somebody pointed out this in another forum - "O, ____ bigay mo ung bola kay ____ at siya na bahala dumiskarte" what the hell!?!?

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Aug 04, 2011 at 03:11 AM »
Pido did a play like this against Ateneo in the finals. He basically told Duncil "Ikaw na bahala, Jojo" or something to that effect.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Aug 04, 2011 at 11:25 AM »
Yes, camus is very good. I expect Nico Salva and Chris Camus to rough it up tomorrow.

Not sure if anybody can confirm this, but i'll pay more attention during the timeouts and coach pido "orchestrates" a play. Somebody pointed out this in another forum - "O, ____ bigay mo ung bola kay ____ at siya na bahala dumiskarte" what the hell!?!?

i'm sure all coaches give freedom to their main man when its crunch time.
Bigay mu un bola kay MJ sya na bahala db?
Question is, if that player has the heart to put in the BIG SHOTS, he will deliver.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Aug 04, 2011 at 02:24 PM »
Lamang ang UP ng 12 points 7 minutes left in the game.  And they're doing this against FEU, a pre-season favorite.

I hope they pull off the upset.

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 342
« Reply #170 on: Aug 04, 2011 at 02:58 PM »
^ Final score: UP 76, FEU 63.  ;D
We deserve better.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Aug 04, 2011 at 04:28 PM »
^ Final score: UP 76, FEU 63.  ;D

GALING NAMAN ;D  Walang pasok sa UP bukas? ;D 

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Aug 04, 2011 at 05:23 PM »
^ More like, walang papasok bukas.  :)  Bawi na lang FEU on Sunday vs. ADMU.  Should be a good one.
We deserve better.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Aug 05, 2011 at 01:09 AM »
Question is, if that player has the heart to put in the BIG SHOTS, he will deliver.

Of course coaches can give their franchise players isolation plays. However, bahala na si MJ play still operated under the triangle offense which was a counter to Detroit piston's "Jordan Defense" to shut MJ down. Kinda like what you see in NU with Bobby Ray Parks jr. Shut him down, you basically seal the game 50% in your favor. Unless Mbe steps up and another player also, then you have a fight on your hands.

Looking at the game earlier Pido gave too much freedom to fortuna! ;D less ball movement. it makes their offense quite predictable. Let fortuna score all day long shutdown everybody. Coach pido = Allan K. Comedian / motivator. A team that lives and dies by the three usually dies.

Answer to your question = the player may have the biggest heart to put in the big shots but if no plays or situations are created for him to make it then you just got a really good player with a big heart relying on pure athleticism and looking for a mismatch. Hence, the pba style (all heart, too much one on one plays ) fails at international basketball. Pang showtime lng.
« Last Edit: Aug 05, 2011 at 01:10 AM by questforthegoodlife »

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Aug 05, 2011 at 02:42 AM »
Hence, the pba style (all heart, too much one on one plays ) fails at international basketball. Pang showtime lng.

Sa totoo lang, hindi na siya showtime.   :(

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Aug 08, 2011 at 12:17 AM »
Big win by UST over UP.
Fortuna was solid. No wonder Pido has so much confidence on his point guard.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Aug 08, 2011 at 06:30 AM »
And Ateneo pretty much proved they were truly unbeatable in the first round.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Aug 08, 2011 at 08:49 AM »
And Ateneo pretty much proved they were truly unbeatable in the first round.

complete dominance in the 1st round by the Eagles.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Wiggum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Aug 08, 2011 at 03:26 PM »
Does the UAAP still give an automatic berth in the Finals for the team that sweeps the eliminations?  And if so, will it just be a semifinal match-up then between the 2nd and 3rd seeds?

« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2011 at 03:27 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Aug 08, 2011 at 04:00 PM »
Ateneo seems to be cruising its way to the UAAP finals again.  With a powerhouse lineup in Slaughter and Ravena, mahirap talunin ang Ateneo.

The NCAA is more interesting with the Stags and San Beda having an identical 7-0 record.  Behind Abueva's triple double earlier this afternoon, the Stags beat gutsy Arellano and tied San Beda at the top.  Their next games will be on Wednesday against Mapua and JRU respectively.  Should they win and keep their clean slates, it will be a colossal battle on August 19 against the two rivaling schools.  These two teams met last year in the Finals and SBC won.    The Stags is seeking revenge while the Lions is trying to prove that, even without an import, they can beat the Stags!  Ayos na ayos to...