Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205722 times)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2011
« Reply #210 on: Aug 12, 2011 at 09:34 PM »
^sa tingin ko yan din yung dahilan kung bakit mas maraming UAAP players ang nasa PBA ngayon..

napapansin ko talaga that most of the players who make it sa PBA in the recent years, galing UAAP.. nung nag-4-peat ang UST, most of their players then established a career sa PBA.. Dennis Espino, Bal David, Rey Evangelista, Edmund Reyes.. yung 5-peat core ng Baste, si Adducul lang and it's a far cry from the career he could have had kung di siya pumasok sa MBA..

kung titingnan mo nga line-ups ng PBA ngayon, you can form the core of the UAAP champion teams in the past decade or so..

sa Ateneo, you have Tenorio, Villanueva, Fonacier, Gonzales, Alvarez, Intal, Kramer, Jai Reyes, Baclao, Al-Hussaini.. sa La Salle, Cortez, Sharma, Wilson, Cardona, Ritualo, Tang, Yeo, Maierhofer, Gaco.. sama mo pa si Allado.. kahit nga UE na di nag-champion in recent years makakabuo ng solid team with James Yap, Artadi, Tubid, Canaleta, Borboran, Espiritu.. may FEU ka pa with Santos, Miranda, Isip, Villanueva, Rizada, Chan..

mas may advantage talaga yung player na sanay na maglaro within a system.. sometimes nga when I watch the NCAA ngayon, nasasayangan ako sa mga players na magagaling individually.. I always wonder if they'd fit sa PBA..
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2011 at 09:35 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #211 on: Aug 12, 2011 at 10:41 PM »
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #212 on: Aug 12, 2011 at 11:31 PM »

haha! thanks sir! i see you got that from the goarchers.com post. i was gonna post the one from goateneo.com.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #213 on: Aug 13, 2011 at 09:50 AM »
^sa tingin ko yan din yung dahilan kung bakit mas maraming UAAP players ang nasa PBA ngayon..

napapansin ko talaga that most of the players who make it sa PBA in the recent years, galing UAAP.. nung nag-4-peat ang UST, most of their players then established a career sa PBA.. Dennis Espino, Bal David, Rey Evangelista, Edmund Reyes.. yung 5-peat core ng Baste, si Adducul lang and it's a far cry from the career he could have had kung di siya pumasok sa MBA..

kung titingnan mo nga line-ups ng PBA ngayon, you can form the core of the UAAP champion teams in the past decade or so..

sa Ateneo, you have Tenorio, Villanueva, Fonacier, Gonzales, Alvarez, Intal, Kramer, Jai Reyes, Baclao, Al-Hussaini.. sa La Salle, Cortez, Sharma, Wilson, Cardona, Ritualo, Tang, Yeo, Maierhofer, Gaco.. sama mo pa si Allado.. kahit nga UE na di nag-champion in recent years makakabuo ng solid team with James Yap, Artadi, Tubid, Canaleta, Borboran, Espiritu.. may FEU ka pa with Santos, Miranda, Isip, Villanueva, Rizada, Chan..

mas may advantage talaga yung player na sanay na maglaro within a system.. sometimes nga when I watch the NCAA ngayon, nasasayangan ako sa mga players na magagaling individually.. I always wonder if they'd fit sa PBA..

basketball nowadays is too systematic and becoz of scientific approach to the game, no all of the players have the freedom to display their talents thats why i dont think we'd see the likes TONY HARRIS, BILLY RAY BATES, MICHAEL HACKETT, CARLOS BRIGGS shooting the lights out of the arena.
sobrang defensive minded and approach ng mga coaches kya we dont experience much high scoring games anymore. and more to that teams forces a lot of turn overs kya mostly masakit sa mata un mga games.

i can compare it to the COW raised in nature by letting it have the freedom to eat grass and anything out there in the field to a COW scientifically fed with corn and vitamins quarantined inside barn.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2011 at 11:35 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #214 on: Aug 13, 2011 at 02:32 PM »
basketball nowadays is too systematic and becoz of scientific approach to the game, no all of the players have the freedom to display their talents thats why i dont think we'd see the likes TONY HARRIS, BILLY RAY BATES, MICHAEL HACKETT, CARLOS BRIGGS shooting the lights out of the arena.
sobrang defensive minded and approach ng mga coaches kya we dont experience much high scoring games anymore. and more to that teams forces a lot of turn overs kya mostly masakit sa mata un mga games.

i can compare it to the COW raised in nature by letting it have the freedom to eat grass and anything out there in the field to a COW scientifically fed with corn and vitamins quarantined inside barn.

I agree a bit with what you say. We definitely will not see anymore imports score at will every game. This is basically due to the team defense employed by the teams nowadays. There are still good individual defense-minded players, and there are still those who can be called import stoppers, but what makes it more difficult to score is the help defense used by the teams.

Tony Harris, Billy Ray Bates, Michael Hackett and Carlos Briggs are good offensive players. But they played in the PBA when the Zone defense was not allowed. They played in the PBA when the style of play was run-and-gun and only minimal defense was applied, except for instances when the defensive player wanted to get a message through, like Jaworski stepping into the path of a driving player or simply pretending to step into the path or punching Lastimosa in the gut, or Onchie dela Cruz spitting at his opponent's face, or Fernandez bringing down a driving Briggs, or the bruise brothers Relosa and Villamin ganging up on anyone who  enters into the lane. I doubt Harris, Bates, Hackett and Briggs would have scored as high as they did.

It's not a question of how good individual players are stunted by the scientific style of play nowadays, it's a question of how they can use these individual talents to work within the style of play and thus become succesful players!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Aug 13, 2011 at 04:22 PM »
before ksi its more of individual offense vs individual defense so magandang panoorin. then there's the ILLEGAL DEFENSE rule employed w/c gives advantage to great individual offensive players.
now its team defense employed so u need team offense to be successful, movements w/o the ball is certainly a must for the players to score nowadays.

In the PBA i really dont understand why they should limit the heights on imports to 6'6 and under, hndi na nga nakakaproma mga yan dahil sa scientific team defenses so why not go for unlimited height on import laden conferences para naman masanay mga Pinoy guarding very tall players w/c they usually encounter during international tourneys.

In the UAAP a good example is Ray Parks Jr. he just cant dominate the league w/ his talent.
in fact he's unimpressive compared to Ravena and Slaughter w/c are blending well with system of Coach Norman Black so both are playing very well despite being rookies.
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2011 at 04:34 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 985
« Reply #216 on: Aug 13, 2011 at 04:53 PM »
ibang level si ravena! ganda ng game! OT pa!

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #217 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 04:34 AM »
Ateneo showed a lot of character in that last game.  The only time they led was in OT, they were playing catch up all throughout.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Aug 14, 2011 at 02:52 PM »
the officiating seems to be getting worse as the tournament goes on in both the UAAP and NCAA.. and that annoying lane violation after a free throw needs to be scrapped.. it's being called at almost every shot.. minsan sa endgame pa in a close game.. parang referee na nag-dedecide kung sino mananalo..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 09:36 AM »
Moral boosting win by Adamson against DLSU yesterday, its long overdue that they should learn how to win close games so they can finally beat Ateneo come the 2nd round and even challenge them for the Championship.

UST w/the inside presence of ABDUL is certainly gona be a different team come the 2nd round.
Fortuna is quarterbacking well for this team.
The rookie Ferrer must now step up his game to a higher level so they can reach the Final Four.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #220 on: Aug 15, 2011 at 10:03 AM »
the officiating seems to be getting worse as the tournament goes on in both the UAAP and NCAA.. and that annoying lane violation after a free throw needs to be scrapped.. it's being called at almost every shot.. minsan sa endgame pa in a close game.. parang referee na nag-dedecide kung sino mananalo..

baka active pa mga gambling syndicates? kamusta naman ang players' "performance" minomonitor kaya ng mga opisyal ng uaap/nc?

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #221 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM »
Yan na, napasukan na ng negosyo

State-of-the-art MOA Arena to host next UAAP season

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/08/18/11/state-art-moa-arena-host-next-uaap-season

what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 11:23 AM »
may kumpetensya na ang smart-araneta coliseum  ;D

Offline blackie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Ayun eh!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 26
« Reply #223 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 11:48 AM »
Yan na, napasukan na ng negosyo

State-of-the-art MOA Arena to host next UAAP season

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/08/18/11/state-art-moa-arena-host-next-uaap-season

Got to see construction of this during an event at SMX a few months back.  It will be huge!  There is also  a "bird's nest" parking to accomodate all the cars that will flock  events!!!
Panasonic/Denon/Wharfedale/M&K/Pioneer

Offline frootloops

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+252)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #224 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 11:54 AM »
San Beda (8-0) vs San Sebastian (8-0) will be gunning for the lead tomorrow.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 01:23 PM »

4pm arena SJ?

hindi na ba uso bugbugan ng mga taga-beda at baste?  ::) ;D

go sbc fight!
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2011 at 03:13 PM by ojofool »

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 04:02 PM »
4pm arena SJ?

go sbc fight!

Yes 4pm.  Hope you got tickets?  Nagkaubusan na eh.

Yun bugbugan at rambulan wala na, lumipas na.  Gone are the hooliganism days.  

"From San Beda to the battlefield, march the sons of SBC.  Wearing colors of the Red and White, waving for our victory...."

F-I-G-H-T!!!
« Last Edit: Aug 18, 2011 at 04:21 PM by mattia »

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 04:05 PM »

its gonna be physical!!! its gonna be WAR!!!
i'm sure Beda players like Jake Pascual , Dave Marcelo, and the Somerand Twins will try to get the goat out of Baste's TOP GUN Abueva.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 04:24 PM »
Yes 4pm.  Hope you got tickets?  Nagkaubusan na eh.

Yun bugbugan at rambulan wala na, lumipas na.  Gone are the hooliganism days. 

"From San Beda to the battlefield, march the sons of SBC.  Wearing banners of the Red and White, waving for our victory...."

F-I-G-H-T!!!

ay  ;D  those were the good olddays. sa rizal coliseum palaging may away beda vs. baste o letsrun este letran. kundi batuhan ng bote sa bleachers na walang divider. o sa paglabas, huntingan hanggang harrison, taft etc hehehe

di ako manood pero may mga alumni na kilala ko, pero mga peace-men na kasi may arthritis at kung ano-anong maintenance medication na nilalaklak baka akayin ko pa sila. hehehe

kung vs. JRU manonood ako, sarap kumanta ng jose rizal hopia factory ;D tsaka noon make love not war sa bleachers pag jru kalaban  ::)

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #229 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 06:51 PM »
Aha sir ojofool, u'r messing with my letran knights.. Just kidding.. Kung pwede lang sana matalo sila pareho tomrow.. Hassle ang layo ng san juan.. Sana ibalik sa Rizal..
The Pats way...

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #230 on: Aug 18, 2011 at 08:28 PM »
4pm arena SJ?

go sbc fight!

mga panatiko din pala kayo. ang naexperience ko lng ay yung batuhan ng bote at coins noong panahon nila adducul sa baste at calaguio sa letran. syempre kinuha agad kunwari ni tita tits (asst prefect during my time) yung mga pangalan ng nakita nyang bedistang nakikijoin sa gulo, pero wala rin naman nangyari.  ;D i'm sure magkakainitan na naman bukas dahil parehong undefeated yung dalawa.
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 07:57 AM »
Aha sir ojofool, u'r messing with my letran knights.. Just kidding.. Kung pwede lang sana matalo sila pareho tomrow.. Hassle ang layo ng san juan.. Sana ibalik sa Rizal..

pasensya na po.

in fairness, sa ncaa wars noon, masarap ka-match ang letran kasi palaban.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 08:56 AM »
Lucky enough to secure ringside tickets for the "WAR" later ;D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 342
« Reply #233 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 12:26 PM »
Speaking of WAR, OT muna:  Major brawl involving the Georgetown Hoyas and the Bayi Rockets in an exhibition game in China.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ClAM3zXx-I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmG9G-ZwDDc
We deserve better.

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 02:55 PM »
Lucky enough to secure ringside tickets for the "WAR" later ;D

i expect a brawl in the making as the two unbeaten teams collide later on.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 985
« Reply #235 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 05:54 PM »
ganda ng laban! natalo rin beda sa wakas. :)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 05:58 PM »
and Baste it is! dinaan lang sa sipag ng Stags.. those offensive rebounds won it for them.. and I think masyadong naging predictable yung San Beda in their last few plays.. palagi sila dun sa back picks kay Lanete..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Aug 19, 2011 at 06:06 PM »
w/o Sudan, Baste players are very confident attacking the basket.

Great game by San Beda, they could have escaped defeat with a  3pt shot.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 09:13 AM »
Great win by FEU yesterday against ADU.
Great game by Aldrich Ramos. He really played aggressively attacking the basket.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #239 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 10:14 AM »
w/o Sudan, Baste players are very confident attacking the basket.

Great game by San Beda, they could have escaped defeat with a  3pt shot.

great game.. Abueva was really a beast, reminds me of Arwind Santos during his FEU days.. Beda was really predictable and who is their go-to-guy pag crunch time, parang wala..
The Pats way...