Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205718 times)

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2011
« Reply #240 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 10:32 AM »
Great win by FEU yesterday against ADU.
Great game by Aldrich Ramos. He really played aggressively attacking the basket.

That Nuyles guy can play (and he plays hard) kaya lang he keeps on taking long shots.. with his talent and his leaping ability Adamson could be a force this year, he just have to play smarter..
The Pats way...

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #241 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 11:19 AM »
That Nuyles guy can play (and he plays hard) kaya lang he keeps on taking long shots.. with his talent and his leaping ability Adamson could be a force this year, he just have to play smarter..

no doubt he is very talented but needs a lot of polishing offensively to be more consistent.
he'll be a great PBA player someday with the proper system so he can maximize his GOD-given talents.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #242 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 12:32 PM »
and Baste it is! dinaan lang sa sipag ng Stags.. those offensive rebounds won it for them.. and I think masyadong naging predictable yung San Beda in their last few plays.. palagi sila dun sa back picks kay Lanete..

Great game indeed.  Sweet victory for Baste and a disheartening loss for the Red Lions.  We had two opportunities to tie or win but couldn't execute well.  Great D by Baste, denying Lanete of a last second shot.  But dapat nung nakuha ni Dela Rosa sya na dumiskarte at hindi na pinasa kay Marcelo who was forced to take an off balanced 3 point shot. >:(

More than Calvin Abuva, I really feel Ronald Pascual was the main man during that game.  His timely rebounds, short stabs and three point shots killed us.

Napakagandang laban. Match na match! ;D  By the way, this is San Beda's first loss since last year's NCAA season :(

Some pics from my cellphone...

Sea of Yellow ...

Baser on two free throws

Sea of Red...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 12:54 PM »
I think yung maturity ng laro ni Ian Sangalang and the increased confidence of Ronald Pascual ang nagdadala sa Baste ngayon.. expected na kasi talaga yung performance ni Abueva.. malaking tulong yung paglaro nila sa PBA D-League especially for Pascual.. yung buzzer-beating corner jumper niya with 0.8sec left to win the championship sa D-League was really big for him..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 01:02 PM »
with Sudan, it could have been a different ball game but its now up to San Beda to prove they can win it all w/o an import.
they may lost the battle but not the WAR there's time to regroup and prepare for the next battle against the STAGS.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2011 at 02:27 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 01:18 PM »
with Sudan, it could have been a different ball game but its now up to San Beda to prove they can will it all w/o an import.
they may lost the battle but not the WAR there's time to regroup and prepare for the next battle against the STAGS.

Sudan hinted that he might be able to play in the second round ;D  But if you ask me, I'd really want San Beda to win with an All Pinoy cast ;D  Para wala ng masabi ;D

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 02:29 PM »
Sudan hinted that he might be able to play in the second round ;D  But if you ask me, I'd really want San Beda to win with an All Pinoy cast ;D  Para wala ng masabi ;D

me too. i wana be convinced they are worthy and also frankie lim as a good coach.
ALL FILIPINO para mas maganda ang laban. the Filipino Pride!

panindigan na sana ng San Beda to go ALL Filipino all the way atleast for this year at kung matalo, tyaka na ule sila mgpasok ng import next season.
« Last Edit: Aug 22, 2011 at 03:31 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 04:08 PM »
although i am a UAAP fan, i could not resist the urge to watch that game. and it was a really good game. during the first half, it looked like SSC was going to nail it easily. but beda rallied in the second half and even took the lead. it was a see-saw battle from there. abueva was definitely a beast in that game. but it was a team effort, for me. except that abueva and pascual imposed their will the most in the game.
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Aug 22, 2011 at 10:10 PM »
although i am a UAAP fan, i could not resist the urge to watch that game. and it was a really good game. during the first half, it looked like SSC was going to nail it easily. but beda rallied in the second half and even took the lead. it was a see-saw battle from there. abueva was definitely a beast in that game. but it was a team effort, for me. except that abueva and pascual imposed their will the most in the game.

mas matindi ksi bakbakan dto specially SBC vs SSC ksi eto tlga ang 2 elite teams dto, sayang un CSJL  at MIT ksi kulang sila sa manpower.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Aug 25, 2011 at 05:24 PM »
whats happening to DLSU? mukhang they wont make it to the Final Four back to back.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #250 on: Aug 25, 2011 at 06:57 PM »
whats happening to DLSU? mukhang they wont make it to the Final Four back to back.

I'm Green...win or lose...but it seems the boys lost their HEART when they lost to UE the other week...the boys need a lot of maturity...especially that it is supposed to be payback time this Sunday...
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Aug 25, 2011 at 08:15 PM »
I'm Green...win or lose...but it seems the boys lost their HEART when they lost to UE the other week...the boys need a lot of maturity...especially that it is supposed to be payback time this Sunday...

napansin ko wlang GO TO GUY ang DLSU. Marata is a big disappointment. Their guards arent as creative as the ones before. They seem to be loaded with Tall Players but since there backcourt arent that talented, their offense suffers.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Aug 28, 2011 at 12:55 PM »
UST is holding on to that 4th spot tightly now.. their win vs. UE puts them at 6-5 now.. malas lang and their last 3 games are against Adamson, FEU and NU.. they win 2 of 3 and they're in.. La Salle needs to sweep their remaining games starting today vs. Ateneo.. for NU naman, yesterday's heart-breaker against FEU and that 1st round loss against UE is going to haunt them.. 6-5 sana sila instead of 4-7..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 01:34 PM »
i feel UST will qualify for the 4th spot in the semis but they should pray that Ateneo sweeps so that they can go on a step ladder playoff rather than facing Ateneo outright in the semis.
pag step ladder bka makasilat pa sila against FEU and ADU but in the finals, Ateneo is thrice to beat should the sweep both elimination rounds.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #254 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 01:46 PM »
napansin ko wlang GO TO GUY ang DLSU. Marata is a big disappointment. Their guards arent as creative as the ones before. They seem to be loaded with Tall Players but since there backcourt arent that talented, their offense suffers.

Coach Jong Uichico will probably coach for the GA next season. Dindo is on the way out.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #255 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 01:59 PM »
He wasn't a very good coach the first time around. Hopefully that's no longer the case. Baka mamaya pang pro lang siya.

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #256 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 02:09 PM »
Yup, Uichico didn't do to well the first time around ..... even with the influx of Filams (Allado, etc). He was a nervous wreck during the tight games.

I remember that Finals series game with FEU ..... Ron Jacobs was practically coaching DLSU from behind the team bench.

Still, Uichico will likely do much better the next time around - if ever Dindo Pumaren is replaced.

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #257 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 02:44 PM »

It's starting to get obvious that Dindo is not Franz.
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2011 at 02:45 PM by Verbl Kint »

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #258 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 03:26 PM »
It's starting to get obvious that Dindo is not Franz.

except for Revilla, the talent is missing for La Salle.. Franz had the best players during his term.. bad timing for Dindo.. 
The Pats way...

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #259 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 04:00 PM »
DLSU has an excellent system...sadly the current crop of players does not fit the system, except maybe for a few...
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #260 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 04:34 PM »
Kukunin daw ng DLSU si Tim Cone haha  ;D

Joke  :D
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2011 at 04:34 PM by krets pulpol »
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 05:51 PM »
is topex robinson better than dindo or topex is just luckier getting better players?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 06:03 PM »
Topex is indeed lucky to have a great crew, when he was made SSC head-coach. He's still a newbie & it showed during the recent PBA DLeague.

He will get better really fast as he's also an assistant at ALASKA - even without Cone.
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2011 at 06:05 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 06:12 PM »
Topex is indeed lucky to have a great crew, when he was made SSC head-coach. He's still a newbie & it showed during the recent PBA DLeague.

He will get better really fast as he's also an assistant at ALASKA - even without Cone.

im wondering if someone like topex could do wonders for UST with its current crew

although mukahng maganda yata tsansa ng UST this year sa final four.

i have not been watching really, sanda sadali lang kase na mis ko na yung UST na dinodominate lahat :(

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 06:35 PM »
I don't think Topex could do better than what Pido has done so far.. Topex is looking like a great coach because he has a superior team.. I'm not saying he's not good but it's easier to coach a team if you have players that can do what you tell them to and do them right..

if you put Topex at UST, they'd be where NU is at right now, in my opinion.. I think Dindo would fare better than Topex if he had the UST lineup.. not too long ago, Dindo led UE to a 14-0 sweep with no legitimate superstar in the lineup.. he did lose to brother Franz in the finals but still, 14-0 is not an easy thing to do..

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 06:36 PM »
^ Probably not right now. Topex ran some triangle offense during his PBA DLeague stint.... he had some decent bigs to initiate the passing.

He won't have that luxury in UST.... Abdul is still raw.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 07:17 PM »
I don't think Topex could do better than what Pido has done so far.. Topex is looking like a great coach because he has a superior team.. I'm not saying he's not good but it's easier to coach a team if you have players that can do what you tell them to and do them right..

if you put Topex at UST, they'd be where NU is at right now, in my opinion.. I think Dindo would fare better than Topex if he had the UST lineup.. not too long ago, Dindo led UE to a 14-0 sweep with no legitimate superstar in the lineup.. he did lose to brother Franz in the finals but still, 14-0 is not an easy thing to do..

i was thinking the same that dindo might be better recalling the UE stint indeed, i couldnt even recall anyone from that roster, which mean there is no superstar indeed.

by the way a bit OT but waht happened to jervy cruz? I know he is in the pba but couldnt recall seeing him play

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 07:49 PM »
^ Dindo is a better coach right now than Topex ....... though like I said, expect Topex to accelerate much faster since he's exposed to the PBA more - with ALASKA no less.

By the way, that UE team that went 14-0 had more than a few very decent players ..... not superstars, but worthy enough to crack PBA rosters e.g. Borboran, Thiele, Espiritu, Arellano, Acuna, Lingganay & Paul Lee (still very raw then).

Jervy Cruz was never going to replicate his UAAP success into the pros.

He's undersized & a tad on the slow-side ....... though his post smarts, decent rebounding & his decent mid-range jumpers have brought him some minutes in Welcoat's PBA team (ROS).

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 07:55 PM »
Jervy is with Rain or Shine under Yeng Guiao.. his game really doesn't fit Yeng's system kaya wala siya masyadong playing time..

that UE team might have produced players that are in the PBA now but only Borboran really got to play.. Espiritu may soon get minutes in the coming season and Paul Lee as well after going no. 2 in the draft.. but if you compare that UE team with the other teams that did the same feat, you'd really wonder how they were able to do it..

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Sep 01, 2011 at 08:00 PM »
^ Dindo is a better coach right now than Topex ....... though like I said, expect Topex to accelerate much faster since he's exposed to the PBA more - with ALASKA no less.

By the way, that UE team that went 14-0 had more than a few very decent players ..... not superstars, but worthy enough to crack PBA rosters e.g. Borboran, Thiele, Espiritu, Arellano, Acuna, Lingganay & Paul Lee (still very raw then).

Jervy Cruz was never going to replicate his UAAP success into the pros.

He's undersized & a tad on the slow-side ....... though his post smarts, decent rebounding & his decent mid-range jumpers have brought him some minutes in Welcoat's PBA team (ROS).

now i remember, elmer espiritu si the slam dunk champion, eto yung mahaba ang reach, nakikita ko sya maglaro pero di babad, si thiele din

eto yata yung nag champion ang UST pero 14-0 and UE