Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205703 times)

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2011
« Reply #450 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 01:47 AM »
I really think SBC has what it takes to win this year.

And if Abatayo goes to Mendiola (from Taytay) and Sudan goes back healthy, it could be another great season in 2012.  :D

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #451 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 08:07 AM »
I really think SBC has what it takes to win this year.

And if Abatayo goes to Mendiola (from Taytay) and Sudan goes back healthy, it could be another great season in 2012.  :D

And don't forget Adeogun Ola!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #452 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 05:48 PM »
so it's Baste and Beda again! Letran put up a good fight but Baste just wanted it more.. Abueva not in foul trouble is always the key for Baste..

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #453 on: Oct 19, 2011 at 07:39 PM »
Great game, kahit talo ok na rin.. We gave a good fight..
The Pats way...

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: Oct 20, 2011 at 11:04 PM »
so it's Abanilla for La Salle.. I wonder how he'd solve DLSU's offensive troubles seeing as he's more of a defense-oriented coach..

http://sports.inquirer.net/21135/la-salle-set-to-name-gee-abanilla-head-coach

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 02:49 AM »
DLSU has the potential to be a great half-court defensive team. They have size and the speed to do it, especially if the UAAP sticks to the farther 3 point line.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #456 on: Oct 21, 2011 at 03:32 PM »
DLSU has the potential to be a great half-court defensive team. They have size and the speed to do it, especially if the UAAP sticks to the farther 3 point line.

they have to inject a take charge guy as their players are all very inconsistent.
their 2 years set backs are becoz they just dont have enough firepower.
« Last Edit: Oct 22, 2011 at 03:21 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Oct 22, 2011 at 03:23 PM »
SBC vs SSC Game 1 Finals on Monday.
Lions are RED HOT!
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Oct 22, 2011 at 05:01 PM »
the Stags need production from their guards.. dito na talaga nila mararamdaman yung pagkawala ni Semira.. Del Rio has been non-existent all season.. he plays a lot of minutes but there's little production from him.. on a slump pa naman si Pascual.. kung walang tutulong sa Big 3 ng Baste, this is going to be another San Beda sweep..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Oct 22, 2011 at 05:34 PM »
the Stags need production from their guards.. dito na talaga nila mararamdaman yung pagkawala ni Semira.. Del Rio has been non-existent all season.. he plays a lot of minutes but there's little production from him.. on a slump pa naman si Pascual.. kung walang tutulong sa Big 3 ng Baste, this is going to be another San Beda sweep..

SBC seems to have adjusted playing w/o Daniels and the cohesiveness of the team is showing in their last few games. They are just peaking at the right time.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #460 on: Oct 24, 2011 at 06:30 PM »
SBC got game 1

first time i watched abvueva that long, mukhang kailnagan nyang mag adjust sa diskarte nya, he was the mvp but all i see in him kanina is yung sheer strength and galing, siguro gigil lang talag pero ang sama ng mga diskarte nya kanina, pilit na pilit yung mga tira nya kaya puro sapal ang inaabot

on another note, may anak na din pala si paras na nag lalaro, ang tnagkad at mukhang lalabas din na magaling eh.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #461 on: Oct 24, 2011 at 07:52 PM »
Convincing win by the RED Lions, somehow its Clear. They really can win w/o their Black IMPORT.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Oct 25, 2011 at 10:44 AM »
SBC got game 1

first time i watched abvueva that long, mukhang kailnagan nyang mag adjust sa diskarte nya, he was the mvp but all i see in him kanina is yung sheer strength and galing, siguro gigil lang talag pero ang sama ng mga diskarte nya kanina, pilit na pilit yung mga tira nya kaya puro sapal ang inaabot

on another note, may anak na din pala si paras na nag lalaro, ang tnagkad at mukhang lalabas din na magaling eh.

The Stags was in the game 3/4 of the way.  It was close, until Abueva lost it -- giving cheap shots after cheap shots.  He's good, no doubt.  He's the MVP.  And I thought he got rid of his "foolishness" in the court already, making him a really complete player.  But nope. He's still the "Beast", literally.  All brawns, no brains.  I mean, if you're the MVP and the heart and soul of the team, you gotta lead.  You gotta get past the emo.  Di pwedeng larong kalye Calvin.  He even taunted head coach Frankie Lim with an elbow motion while he was at the SBC bench.  This prompted Lim's son Melo to stand up and almost hit Abueva but Frankie Lim stopped Melo and calmed him.  So that's less one ticket to the PBA if Abueva wants to turn pro.  Di talaga nagiisip tong batang to.  Sayang, I hope he improves his mental tenacity because he is a very promising player.

On the other hand, San Beda really has a deep bench.  Lanete was shut down with only 6 points and was nowhere in the last 5 minutes but the bench of San Beda stepped up particularly Villahermosa (best player of game) and Amer Baser.

Game tomorrow is at 11:50am at the Araneta :o  Super aga noh? 

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Oct 25, 2011 at 10:52 AM »
kasalanan ng mga referees kung bakit naging madumi yung laro kahapon.. ang inconsistent ng tawagan kahapon.. konting tapik, foul.. siniko na, walang tawag.. kahit sino mapipikon sa tawagan ng referees.. San Beda is going to win this but sana naman hayaan nila yung mga player maglaro..

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Oct 25, 2011 at 03:16 PM »
Its gonna be a highly emotional and physical game tomorrow.
All praises for BIG Daddy Marcelo for finally filling up the BIG shoe vacated by their BLACK IMPORT.
Even Coach Frankie had mentioned in the past few games that Marcelo has already established his game due to the absence of Daniels.
Its gonna be the sweetest Championship for Frankie Lim and the SBC community if they can finish SSC tomorrow.

KEY to SSC win : Get other players involve. Their BEAST is vulnerable.
KEY to SBC win : Stay focus, contain the BEAST and let it run out of control.
« Last Edit: Oct 25, 2011 at 03:24 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline pa3ck608

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • DVD Addict
  • rebuilding mode
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #465 on: Oct 26, 2011 at 03:15 PM »
ayan champion ulit kahit walang import. congrats sa lahat ng bedista! U.I.O.G.D.
CA 650A+DACMagic | Denon 4311 | Onkyo 608
Polk RTiA3 | B&W 686 S2 | MS Mezzo 8 | MS Avant 906i

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: Oct 26, 2011 at 03:59 PM »
Congrats to Coach Frankie Lim and the 2011 San Beda Red Lions.
You deserve it. You've proven you are worthy of being the Champion.
There's just too much pride to win with an ALL-Filipino Line up.
You've proven to me that you can win without your Black Import.
I hope the Legacy continues.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #467 on: Oct 26, 2011 at 04:07 PM »
What a game!  Just got back from Araneta and it was a thriller indeed.  Buti na lang hindi pumasok yun 3 point shot ni Pascual in the dying seconds.  Had that went in, iyak lahat ng mga nakapula!  It was a low scoring ballgame, with both teams defending well.  Lanete again was shut down by the defense of the Stags but again, Dave Marcelo, Amer Baser and Semerad took up the cudgels. Marcelo's rebounding and timely baskets carried the Lions and he was awarded the Finals MVP.

Congratulations to the back to back NCAA champions and at All Filipino at that.   Let's end all talks that San Beda cannot win without an import.  

Will try to post pics in a while.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Oct 26, 2011 at 08:02 PM »
Marcelo getting Finals MVP was something I didn't expect.

Kudos to the Lions!

Offline steelcrazy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #469 on: Oct 26, 2011 at 09:06 PM »
Marcelo getting Finals MVP was something I didn't expect.

Kudos to the Lions!

He was San Beda's TOWER OF POWER, their SOLID ROCK in defense.
He just had a break out season. I'm looking forward to see him slug it out in the PBA.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: Dec 01, 2011 at 04:03 PM »
PCCL Final four na sa December 5.. rematch ang labanan agad.. San Beda vs. Baste tapos Slaughter vs. Fajardo sa Ateneo vs. UC.. round robin din ngayon yung Final 4.. looking forward to how Fajardo will play against the Manila teams.. he scored 49pts and hauled down 24rebs 2 days ago sa last 16 stage.. and his team scored 99.. kalahati sa kanya.. ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2011 at 04:05 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 04:17 AM »
Studio23 din ba? I'd like to watch this.

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 11:33 AM »
Studio23 din ba? I'd like to watch this.

yup.. studio 23 din.. live simula dec. 5..

on other news naman, I just read on twitter na binugbog daw ng SBC men's basketball team ang coach ng Baste women's volleyball team.. pati daw libero sinuntok..

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 02:13 PM »

that's the Baste coach on the ground..

this is going to make the Final 4 match on Monday even more interesting.. the Baste men's volleyball team and the Baste women's team coach called Beda's Ola Adeogun unggoy daw kaya nagkagulo.. Gorayeb, the Baste coach, threw the first punch daw tapos sinugod na siya.. one of Baste's lady players was also hit in the face.. si Crisostomo..

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 06:57 PM »

this is going to make the Final 4 match on Monday even more interesting.. the Baste men's volleyball team and the Baste women's team coach called Beda's Ola Adeogun unggoy daw kaya nagkagulo.. Gorayeb, the Baste coach, threw the first punch daw tapos sinugod na siya.. one of Baste's lady players was also hit in the face.. si Crisostomo..

puro daw! hehe ;D puro side ata ng San Beda ang lumabas sa media.
This happened at San Beda yata. Dapat di na pinatulan ni Frankie Lim at pinaawat na lang yung sagutan at asaran. kahit na ba tinawag na unggoy yung foreigner nilang player dapat di na pinalaki pa yung usapan. kaso kung minsan takaw away rin si frankie lim e. ;D matapang rin magsalita kaya imbis na hihinahon lalong lalala ang sagutan.

Offline mattia

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 07:03 PM »

Whole story:  http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/brawl-erupts-between-san-sebastian-volleyball-san-beda-basketball-teams

O eto buong kwento direct mismo from a spectator:  Actually nagsimula sa labas ng gym. May game ang Volleyball team ng Baste.  Lumabas si Ola and some women players started teasing him, Unggoy Unggoy thinking na di nakakaintindi ng tagalog.  Instead of confronting the girls, Ola went to Coach Frankie Lim. Nagsumbong.  Natural, Coach Frankie went to the girls at pinagsabihan.  Huwag naman daw bastos.  And Frankie came on strong.  Etong mga babae naman nagsumbong sa coach nila.  Si Coach, dahil nga sobrang tapang (grabe sa tapang talaga), pinuntahan si Frankie Lim without even knowing the whole story, and said something like "idiot Ka pala eh".  Naturalmente, nagsiklab si Frankie.  Hinabol si Coach na tumakbo, of all places, sa loob ng gym pa ng San Beda where the Basketball team was still practicing!  Ayun he got one solid punch from Frankie Lim, fell to the floor and got several pa from some players.  Swerte nya inawat ng mga girls nya.  Unang una, these Baste volleyball players shouldn't go around hurling racial slurs to people.  That's bastos kahit saan mo tignan.  Pangalawa, etong Coach naman should have cleared first with Frankie Lim what happened before asking for a fight.  Frankie did the right thing na pagalitan yun mga volleyball players.  Also, the Baste Coach asked for it.  He got what he deserved ;D

« Last Edit: Dec 02, 2011 at 07:54 PM by mattia »

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 08:18 PM »
seriously?! all that because a guy got teased by girls? ano yan elementary?

bakit sa interview ni Lim sa ANC kanina, men's team daw ng Baste nanukso? sabi rin ni Gorayeb..

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Dec 02, 2011 at 08:32 PM »
hard to react pero dapat naging mas sober si frankie lim, di naman pwedeng itama ng mali ang isa pang mali eh

dapat pinalagpas na lang nya pero depende din siguro sa tao eh, for someone like me na di naman nakipag away eversince, kaya ko palagpasin pero knowing frankie lim, hot headed sya even nung nasa pba pa eh kaya im not surprise about the reaksyon

eto lang problema, magdedemanda yung nagulpi eh di laking isyu pa
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Dec 03, 2011 at 06:09 AM »

Narecord daw sa CCTV.

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Dec 03, 2011 at 10:06 AM »
Whole story:  http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv/brawl-erupts-between-san-sebastian-volleyball-san-beda-basketball-teams

O eto buong kwento direct mismo from a spectator:  Actually nagsimula sa labas ng gym. May game ang Volleyball team ng Baste.  Lumabas si Ola and some women players started teasing him, Unggoy Unggoy thinking na di nakakaintindi ng tagalog.  Instead of confronting the girls, Ola went to Coach Frankie Lim. Nagsumbong.  Natural, Coach Frankie went to the girls at pinagsabihan.  Huwag naman daw bastos.  And Frankie came on strong.  Etong mga babae naman nagsumbong sa coach nila.  Si Coach, dahil nga sobrang tapang (grabe sa tapang talaga), pinuntahan si Frankie Lim without even knowing the whole story, and said something like "idiot Ka pala eh".  Naturalmente, nagsiklab si Frankie.  Hinabol si Coach na tumakbo, of all places, sa loob ng gym pa ng San Beda where the Basketball team was still practicing!  Ayun he got one solid punch from Frankie Lim, fell to the floor and got several pa from some players.  Swerte nya inawat ng mga girls nya.  Unang una, these Baste volleyball players shouldn't go around hurling racial slurs to people.  That's bastos kahit saan mo tignan.  Pangalawa, etong Coach naman should have cleared first with Frankie Lim what happened before asking for a fight.  Frankie did the right thing na pagalitan yun mga volleyball players.  Also, the Baste Coach asked for it.  He got what he deserved ;D

This definitely is not what San Beda teaches. You don't hit someone who is already down and defenseless. At kailangan pa bang awatin ng mga babae. hindi swerte yung coach dahil inawat ng mga girls, swerte yung coach kasi ang katapangan ng mga nanuntok at nanadyak ay hanggang sa makalamang lamang. At kung kabastusan man ang manlait mas kabastusan naman ang pagtrato ng di mabuti sa iyong mga panauhin.