Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205737 times)

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2012
« Reply #600 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 12:10 PM »
Ateneo has a tricky match against the tigers later. From a purely offensive standpoint, UST can match up, particularly if their threes start falling and Abdul can get position for rebpunds.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #601 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 02:18 PM »
Ateneo has a tricky match against the tigers later. From a purely offensive standpoint, UST can match up, particularly if their threes start falling and Abdul can get position for rebpunds.

Ateneo is somehow predicatble. They dont really have an outside shooting gunner like Kirk Long, Jai reyes before that can open up the defense for their BIG men to dominate down low.
They are also a bit shallow at the point guard position. Perhaps he should consider making the adjustment of moving Ravena to the point guard position.

UST always never say die kya i never count them out sa final 4.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 at 02:23 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #602 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 04:17 PM »
tinalo daw ng UST and Ateneo kanina by one point?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #603 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:19 PM »
tinalo daw ng UST and Ateneo kanina by one point?

Yeah. 71-70. Down by as much as 19points. UST rallied 30-11 in the third quarter. Never say die till the end. Oh well. back to the drawing board for the blue and white. Never expected Ateneo to go 13-1 this season. more like 10-4 for them this season. A little shaky at the point.

Everybody in the third quarter was being complacent and ball movement stagnated with Juami who opted to jack up shots and was looking for more assists than move the ball around. turnovers killed ateneo and also Aljon Mariano, Teng, etc.

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #604 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:31 PM »
Yeah. 71-70. Down by as much as 19points. UST rallied 30-11 in the third quarter. Never say die till the end. Oh well. back to the drawing board for the blue and white. Never expected Ateneo to go 13-1 this season. more like 10-4 for them this season. A little shaky at the point.

Everybody in the third quarter was being complacent and ball movement stagnated with Juami who opted to jack up shots and was looking for more assists than move the ball around. turnovers killed ateneo and also Aljon Mariano, Teng, etc.

does it mean there is something to look forward to for UST? Im a Thomasian but has been frustrated many years already because of the kind of tem UST gets to build after the last championship.

is the younger Teng a big loss for UST? I was expecting he will play for the Tigers but ended up with LSL

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #605 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:48 PM »
does it mean there is something to look forward to for UST? Im a Thomasian but has been frustrated many years already because of the kind of tem UST gets to build after the last championship.

is the younger Teng a big loss for UST? I was expecting he will play for the Tigers but ended up with LSL

I still see shakiness from UST in the clutch ...... UST has had a long drought of tough-minded guards e.g. David, Singson, Ong, etc.

IMO if UST is to contend big this year, Teng has to lead them by being consistent .... it's now or never for him. 

=============================================================================

The minute that it was announced that Danding "Crocodile" Cojunagco will retake the godfather role for DLSU basketball ...... I immediately placed a bet with some friends that the younger Teng would eventually sign-up for DLSU.

The younger Teng looks to be a better player than kuya.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #606 on: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:52 PM »

Yes. UST has something to look forward to. They are final four contenders and if by chance they may find themselves in the finals if things go their way. They have very good wing men and a very mobile but a bit undersized center. Unfortunately, consistency and their shots falling in would determine how far they will go. Once you take out Karim, your next big man would be Pe who is not yet there but is improving. UST is dangerous, if things start clicking for them they can score in a bunch - demonstrated in this game. they dropped a 30-11 run against the blue and white.
« Last Edit: Jul 19, 2012 at 05:58 PM by questforthegoodlife »

Online vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 985
« Reply #607 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 11:51 AM »

i was able to watch the replay of ADMU vs UST and DLSU vs UE.

mas pino ang kilos nitong batang Teng at parang buo kumpyansa.  tska parang di bara bara masyado gaya ng kuya nya nung rookie year nya.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #608 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 12:14 PM »

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #609 on: Jul 20, 2012 at 03:31 PM »

Prior to Teng going to UST, there was high hopes grabe ang lakas nya sa high school pero sa college di ko yata nararamdaman, one game he is good, another game he does not exist, di katulad nug dati, nag stand out talaga ang players ng UST, ngayon wlaang masasabing go to guy, tsamba tsamba lang panalo, pakiramdam ko natatalo yung kalaban nila hindi sila yung nanalo

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
« Reply #610 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 06:14 PM »
Ateneo routs NU.
If Ateneo plays the whole season the way they played against NU, then the 5-peat may be a foregone conclusion.

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #611 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 07:16 PM »
The UST loss happened at the right time for the eagles.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #612 on: Jul 22, 2012 at 08:06 PM »
Ateneo routs NU.
If Ateneo plays the whole season the way they played against NU, then the 5-peat may be a foregone conclusion.

Was watching the game courtside, just near the team bench and all i can say is, thank you UST. The coaching staff were active all throughout the game and the players were all listening to the different plays and defensive assignments from the ateneo braintrust. The lost killer instinct in the UST game, came roaring back in this game. On to Saturday. :D

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #613 on: Jul 23, 2012 at 06:24 AM »
The first game yesterday was more exciting - FEU beats La Salle by just 2 points. ;D

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 342
« Reply #614 on: Jul 23, 2012 at 07:01 AM »
This is a classic example of not thinking before tweeting.  :) Sinagasaan NU, UE and ADMU - all in a couple of tweets:

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/07/22/12/uaap-account-under-fire-overrated-tweet
We deserve better.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #615 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 03:40 PM »
Just watched the 2nd-half of a great match between UST & DLSU ...... UST winning via 2OT's.

Some quick thoughts:

1.) Where did this kid Mariano come from? ..... if this kid wasn't injured last year - good chance that UST would have entered the Finals ..... Mariano and Camus would have been fun to watch.

His offensive moves are way refined ..... kinda reminds me of a taller-version of Kiko Adriano from years ago.

2.) DLSU's Jeron Teng is clearly the better player than kuya ..... more versatile on the handle and shot-making.

Even this early, it's clear that he'll be having a great UAAP career .... he replicates what Joseph Yeo gave years ago.

3.) When he first arrived from the juniors, there was considerable buzz on DLSU's Joshua Webb ..... coming from a family with ties to hoops ..... turns out it was all hype, the guy is a dud.

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #616 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 04:11 PM »
Just watched the 2nd-half of a great match between UST & DLSU ...... UST winning via 2OT's.

Some quick thoughts:

1.) Where did this kid Mariano come from? ..... if this kid wasn't injured last year - good chance that UST would have entered the Finals ..... Mariano and Camus would have been fun to watch.

His offensive moves are way refined ..... kinda reminds me of a taller-version of Kiko Adriano from years ago.

2.) DLSU's Jeron Teng is clearly the better player than kuya ..... more versatile on the handle and shot-making.

Even this early, it's clear that he'll be having a great UAAP career .... he replicates what Joseph Yeo gave years ago.

3.) When he first arrived from the juniors, there was considerable buzz on DLSU's Joshua Webb ..... coming from a family with ties to hoops ..... turns out it was all hype, the guy is a dud.

1.) Mariano came from SBC i think. i might be wrong. but what i do know was that he tried out for ateneo and dlsu for college. wasn't picked up. went to the US to train. got back and was picked up by UST.

2.) agree but let's see how it turns out. He likes to take it strong to the basket while his brother likes to operate on the outside.

3.) He is the only player in DLSZ history to have his jersey retired. He is the LEGEND. =))

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #617 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 04:35 PM »
Go USTe! ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #618 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 04:39 PM »

3.) He is the only player in DLSZ history to have his jersey retired. He is the LEGEND. =))

WTF ....... is this true?  :D

Honestly, where would DLSU seniors hoops be without the vaunted NCAA Jrs. programs (SBC, MAPUA, SSC, etc) and of course that steady stream of Filams (via a US West-coast based sports agent) throughout the years.

Other than Maierhoffer, I can't recall any legit PBA talent that came from their HS's ..... nope, Dino Aldeguer doesn't count.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #619 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 04:42 PM »
1.) Mariano came from SBC i think. i might be wrong. but what i do know was that he tried out for ateneo and dlsu for college. wasn't picked up. went to the US to train. got back and was picked up by UST.

2.) agree but let's see how it turns out. He likes to take it strong to the basket while his brother likes to operate on the outside.

is maeihoffer from la sallezobel? i remmber webb and buenafe, mvp in juniors and both were expected to lead their respective teams.. Buenafe did more.. on his weight, webb not so much.. But may pag asa pa namn, especially webb kelangan lng ng break, playing time and dedication..
The Pats way...

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #620 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 04:48 PM »

Honestly, where would DLSU seniors hoops be without the vaunted NCAA Jrs. programs (SBC, MAPUA, SSC, etc) and of course that steady stream of Filams (via a US West-coast based sports agent) throughout the years.

Other than Maierhoffer, I can't recall any legit PBA talent that came from their HS's ..... nope, Dino Aldeguer doesn't count.

Larry Fonacier. from AHS.

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #621 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 04:59 PM »

Enrico Villanueva? also from AHS
« Last Edit: Aug 04, 2012 at 04:59 PM by 5zig3n »

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #622 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 05:41 PM »

Larry Fonacier. from AHS.

Enrico Villanueva? also from AHS

I think newwaveboy was referring to La Salle's high school. :)

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #623 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 05:47 PM »
I think newwaveboy was referring to La Salle's high school. :)

woops. haha! didn't see that.

Offline 5zig3n

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #624 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 05:59 PM »
woops. haha! didn't see that.

same here. sorry  ;D

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #625 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 08:59 PM »

Maeirhoffer is not from Zobel, he is from Palawan
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #626 on: Aug 04, 2012 at 11:00 PM »
Maeirhoffer is not from Zobel, he is from Palawan

He is from Sabang, Puerto Galera.

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #627 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 01:47 AM »
He is from Sabang, Puerto Galera.

Apologies, I meant Mindoro not Palawan
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #628 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 06:49 AM »
I know Maierhofer was from Puerto Galera ...... could have sworn, read somewhere that he played for LSGH or LSZ before joining the seniors.

UST's wins have been close ones ...... can't keep winning like that - ADMU & FEU will surely turn it up a notch after after the 1st round ..... NU & DLSU just needs to rack up some easy wins over the tail-enders and they'll hit their stride as well.

Offline brainwashed

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #629 on: Aug 05, 2012 at 06:59 AM »

UST's wins have been close ones ...... can't keep winning like that - ADMU & FEU will surely turn it up a notch after after the 1st round ..... NU & DLSU just needs to rack up some easy wins over the tail-enders and they'll hit their stride as well.

But the experience would surely benefit them come final four time. Winning close games against the favorites would also raise their confidence level up.