Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205719 times)

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2012
« Reply #720 on: Sep 23, 2012 at 08:43 PM »
Like I said, this UAAP season has been a standout, in terms of close games, wild finishes & great comebacks.

Parks was (finally) clutch ..... though, I would have given the best player of the game to Mbe.

That was probably the best game I've seen Mbe play ..... the guy clearly didn't want his last UAAP game to be another heart-breaker.

========================================================================

The Final Four series will be a blast ..... UST-NU games this season, have been epic.

An ADMU-DLSU matchup will always be fun ..... if it's ADMU-FEU, I have a feeling that the match-up will be more competitive this time (bring in the Bringas brothers, Magtulis & the Salvas).  >:D
I agree, I like the guard from FEU I forgot his name, cogoy Yata.. not as talented as Kiefer but he is dangerous in open court, I like him more than Romeo..
The Pats way...

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #721 on: Sep 23, 2012 at 09:18 PM »
woot! 2nd place and twice to beat ang UST! Tigers wag nyo sayangin yan! Go USTe! ;D

Offline brainwashed

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Addict
  • Brainwashed by our teachers and all their rules!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #722 on: Sep 23, 2012 at 10:36 PM »
I agree, I like the guard from FEU I forgot his name, cogoy Yata.. not as talented as Kiefer but he is dangerous in open court, I like him more than Romeo..

FEU's guards are Garcia, Romeo and Tolomia. All are very dangerous in open court. Perhaps you are referring to Pogoy, sounds like Cogoy ;D, who also knows how to work his way to the basket.

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #723 on: Sep 23, 2012 at 10:54 PM »
FEU's guards are Garcia, Romeo and Tolomia. All are very dangerous in open court. Perhaps you are referring to Pogoy, sounds like Cogoy ;D, who also knows how to work his way to the basket.

yeah Pogoy nga, tnx, I think he's a combo guard..
The Pats way...

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #724 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 08:19 AM »
This is the best chance that UST has to re-enter the Finals & possibly take the championship .... they have a narrow championship window, with many key players on their last year of eligibility.

They've handled NU before, albeit via very close games.

Should ADMU enter the Finals against UST ..... it just might match the intensity of their 2006 Finals match-up ..... IMO that was one of the best UAAP Finals series ever.

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #725 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 08:39 AM »
Many pundits actually thought UST would be 4th and it would be NU on 2nd place (moral of the story: never judge the season using the pre-season).  Pido should be venerated now, regardless if UST does not make the finals.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #726 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 10:26 AM »
This is the best chance that UST has to re-enter the Finals & possibly take the championship .... they have a narrow championship window, with many key players on their last year of eligibility.

They've handled NU before, albeit via very close games.

Should ADMU enter the Finals against UST ..... it just might match the intensity of their 2006 Finals match-up ..... IMO that was one of the best UAAP Finals series ever.
[/b]

i agree. watched the whole series back in 2006 at Araneta Coliseum but UST should've swept Ateneo back then if not for the error of leaving Doug Kramer open below the basket in the last second of the first game. sa side pa naman ako ng Ateneo nun nanood and kami lang ng GF ko ang nagcelebrate dun na nakapaligid buong Ateneo supporters. ;D sarap panuorin ng "Go USTe!" chant ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #727 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 10:51 AM »
^ That 2006 Finals series between UST & ADMU was one for the books ..... all down-the-wire games, including Game 3 which went into OT.

That series showed, once again, that nerves of steel are sometimes more useful than talent - when it came to big games in the UAAP ...... Jojo Duncil just took over that series, while JC Intal wilted under pressure. 

By the way, that Game 1 last-second second by Kramer was a result of great "fake-play" from Norman Black ..... if anything, it was a master coach (Black) taking a rookie coach (Jarencio) to school on that instance.

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #728 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 11:30 AM »
woot! 2nd place and twice to beat ang UST! Tigers wag nyo sayangin yan! Go USTe! ;D

Yep and I'm glad NU made it. Historically, laging delikado UST sa FEU kapag knock-out games eh.

Viva USTE!

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #729 on: Sep 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM »
^ That 2006 Finals series between UST & ADMU was one for the books ..... all down-the-wire games, including Game 3 which went into OT.

That series showed, once again, that nerves of steel are sometimes more useful than talent - when it came to big games in the UAAP ...... Jojo Duncil just took over that series, while JC Intal wilted under pressure. 

By the way, that Game 1 last-second second by Kramer was a result of great "fake-play" from Norman Black ..... if anything, it was a master coach (Black) taking a rookie coach (Jarencio) to school on that instance.

i agree but it was just to delay the inevitable. contra-puelo ang UST sa Ateneo that season.

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #730 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 06:00 PM »
Lol at FEU. from possible 2nd place twice-to-beat status to 5th place and kicked out of the Final Four ::)

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #731 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 06:01 PM »
Great game by la salle and feu! Grabe nga ang mga laro ngayon! Admu vs la salle for final 4!

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #732 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 06:01 PM »
Nice game! Great effort by the DLSU team, naghabol ng 10 points in 4th quarter.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #733 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 06:02 PM »
Wow. That was some game! It's La Salle-Ateneo. DLSU won 69-66 over FEU. What a 4th Quarter that was! La Salle came back after being down 10 early in the 4th. They lead by 7 with less that a minute. FEU scores back-to-back threes in 8 seconds to cut it to 1. And the La Salle defense just held on from there.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2012 at 06:06 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline Wiggum

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 342
« Reply #734 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 06:09 PM »
I suppose some Ateneans wanted payback against FEU. But an Ateneo-La Salle match-up in the Final Four is not bad either.  :) Tall order for La Salle, but this is a nice win to build on.

UST-NU is also going to be an exciting match-up to watch on Sat.
« Last Edit: Sep 26, 2012 at 06:27 PM by Wiggum »
We deserve better.

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #735 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 06:34 PM »
I was able to catch the game (3rd and 4th Q) on live streaming.

Congrats to DLSU.  That was a great come from behind win ;)

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #736 on: Sep 26, 2012 at 07:05 PM »
Actually mas maganda panoorin ang UST-NU or FEU-La Salle match-up this season.  ;D
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #737 on: Sep 27, 2012 at 08:54 PM »
This will be a great Final Four.  8)

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #738 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 12:44 PM »
any live stream links?
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #739 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 01:01 PM »
Go USTe!

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #740 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 02:12 PM »
And they're headed back to the Finals! UST grabs the first Finals slot with a 63-57 win over NU. wala talaga masyado suporta si Parks.. After Mbe, wala na.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2012 at 02:16 PM by boredfilmmaker »

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #741 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 02:17 PM »
wala talaga masyado suporta si Parks.. After Mbe, wala na.

agree.

with the loss, would it have any effect on the back-to-back MVP bid of rayray? will karim abdul be able to snatch it?
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #742 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 02:35 PM »
any live stream links?

isn't this on studio 23? waiting for the ateneo-la salle match ^-^

Offline boredfilmmaker

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #743 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 02:35 PM »
agree.

with the loss, would it have any effect on the back-to-back MVP bid of rayray? will karim abdul be able to snatch it?

Parks is already MVP. Elims lang kasi. He'll be awarded sa Finals together with Jeron Teng for ROY.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #744 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 07:16 PM »
ADMU-UST for the championship ..... a compelling Finals it will be:

** For one last time, we get to see a Black-Jarencio clash ..... scientific ball versus lakas ng loob

** Fitting that ADMU & Black gets one last chance to erase the stigma of the 2006 Finals upset by UST

** Fitting that UST be the one to prevent ADMU from getting the 5-peat ...... thus preserving the mojo of the 4-peat

** Jesuits vs Dominicans ...... one more time. There's actually some serious ribbing going on, between these orders ..... heard more than a few during my student years.  >:D

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #745 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 07:49 PM »
ADMU-UST for the championship ..... a compelling Finals it will be:

** For one last time, we get to see a Black-Jarencio clash ..... scientific ball versus lakas ng loob

** Fitting that ADMU & Black gets one last chance to erase the stigma of the 2006 Finals upset by UST

** Fitting that UST be the one to prevent ADMU from getting the 5-peat ...... thus preserving the mojo of the 4-peat

** Jesuits vs Dominicans ...... one more time. There's actually some serious ribbing going on, between these orders ..... heard more than a few during my student years.  >:D

Exciting finals! I remember 2006. Watched live the painful losses by our team. Duncil and Ababou murdering us. Only the Coach NB drawn up play - aka the Doug Kramer 1 sec. shot was memorable for me! haha! nevermind the two other games after.  ;D ;D ;D

It's gonna be a really exciting finals. UST has the most mobile center in the league who does everything. Good players on all positions. Bench scoring, which ateneo is lacking, is also fantastic with UST. Hopefully, Coach NB and the boys pull out all their aces out of their sleeves and surprise the UST team.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #746 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 08:05 PM »
Ateneo looks like the underdog goin into the finals against UST.
They could have gone 0-2 against UST this season had Coach Black been called for a technical foul during the last few seconds of their last game.
UST is on a roll. Coach Pido's growling tigers are playing with lots of confidence specially Kevin Ferrer who gained confidence watching Kevin Durant leading OKC to the NBA Finals.

Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #747 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 08:09 PM »
^^ Like I said, that 2006 Finals was probably the best one in the UAAP ..... I've been watching college hoops for a looong time ..... that 2006 Finals was indeed one for the books. 

All down-the-wire games, with a deciding Game 3 going through a nerve-wracking OT ..... Duncil took over, while Intal cracked under pressure.  ;)

This upcoming Finals will mean a lot of things for Norman Black ..... he gets the chance to go out with the biggest bang possible (5-peat) ...... he gets one final chance to erase the pain of the 2006 loss.

I'm rooting for USTe (they're the clear underdogs) ...... but I'll be hoping more, for a great and controversy-free series - whoever wins.

IMO, this UAAP season has been one for the ages. It's only fitting that we get a Finals series which will make the sport proud.
« Last Edit: Sep 29, 2012 at 08:10 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #748 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 09:04 PM »
^ amazing kiefer, parang sya pa ang veterano kesa Kay Webb.. Great effort by la salle stopping slaughter..
The Pats way...

Offline leomarley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #749 on: Sep 29, 2012 at 09:23 PM »
i'm excited for my alma mater! this will be a repeat of the 2006 season but i think UST has the edge in this series. sana makakuha ako ng tickets for the 2nd game.