Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205713 times)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2013
« Reply #1171 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 01:44 AM »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Hitman

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • Signature Move: The Sharpshooter
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 52
« Reply #1172 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 05:51 AM »
Time and time again, wala namang napatunayan si Bo when it comes to coaching. Ewan ko ba bakit siya piniling kapalit ni Norman. That's what you get for getting a cheap coach.

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1173 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 08:18 AM »
First to disclose, I'm from ateneo and i watched the game live. The fans from DLSU side were heckling and one even threw a mineral water bottle at Bo perasol. So understandably with Bo perasol being hot headed from the bone headed calls from the ref, he felt wronged and went after the guy who heckled the hardest. What I didn't like was araneta security not throwing out the fan immediately and moved too slow to create distance between Coach Perasol and the fan heckling fan wasn't even approached to stop all the shouting and heckling given that the game was over and the situation was escalating.

I wasn't there and I'm from DLSU so take that into consideration when you read my comment. I don't know if the thing about the water bottles is true. If it is then whoever threw it should indeed have been thrown out by security. But from what I understand, yung hinabol niya, was merely heckling him (and not the same one who threw a bottle) and I don't believe you throw out a heckler, however noisy or pointed his comments become. You'd practically have to throw out the entire statium. On both sides.

Coaches always tell their players to ignore the crowd and concentrate on the game. All the more the coach should be above whatever comment came his way. He should have known better. And at this point, I suppose (hope) he already does.

Online newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #1174 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 08:32 AM »
Time and time again, wala namang napatunayan si Bo when it comes to coaching. Ewan ko ba bakit siya piniling kapalit ni Norman. That's what you get for getting a cheap coach.

The funny thing is ....... it's highly unlikely that Bo Perasol came at a cheap rate.

This is MVP - much like Danding, these cronies will throw money at all their endeavors.

====================================================================

FEU on a serious slide ...... that long break was absolute killer for them.

Offline questforthegoodlife

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 132
« Reply #1175 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 09:32 AM »
I wasn't there and I'm from DLSU so take that into consideration when you read my comment. I don't know if the thing about the water bottles is true. If it is then whoever threw it should indeed have been thrown out by security. But from what I understand, yung hinabol niya, was merely heckling him (and not the same one who threw a bottle) and I don't believe you throw out a heckler, however noisy or pointed his comments become. You'd practically have to throw out the entire statium. On both sides.

Coaches always tell their players to ignore the crowd and concentrate on the game. All the more the coach should be above whatever comment came his way. He should have known better. And at this point, I suppose (hope) he already does.

Just to clarify, the water bottle being thrown happened after Coach Bo went after JJ Atayde. This was when coach Bo was being restrained and led to the dugout. The dlsu fan in section 312 was being pointed by fans from the Ateneo kaso there were no security around and when security did arrive (by his lonesome self) the situation was diffused by cooler heads prevailing on both sides. Buti nalang, or else the incident could have escalated quickly and turned violent.

Also, I agree with what you said. I did not like that he blew his top and went after a heckler. What I meant with the heckler (JJ Atayde) being thrown out was that it was clearly obvious during that point when coach Bo was already having a heated exchange should they have already stepped in and did not let it escalate further. They just let them exchange heated words with coach Bo being restrained only at that point and JJ Atayde slowly backing away and still shouting something (didn't hear what was being said).

Anyway, heckling is part of the game. All fans of all teams including ateneo, heckle and jeer at the opposing team - coaches and players should be able to hold their tempers and ignore the crowd.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2013 at 09:35 AM by questforthegoodlife »

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #1176 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 10:17 AM »
Di na kayo nasanay sa Ateneo-LaSalle games...  I miss the days we had to keep baseball bats at the trunk of the car.  Palibhasa bata at ang yayabang pa.  Pero kung rambol na, I'm sure kanya kanyang takbo rin yun.  :)

ADMU pala ako, and was pissed at how disorganized we are (again).  Welcome to the post-Black era.  Props to Vosotros and Teng.

Sana Chot or Olsen/Nash will be considered to coach for Ateneo.  The Champion coaches Banal and Black really do not have Ateneo roots  :-[.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1177 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 10:44 AM »
Di na kayo nasanay sa Ateneo-LaSalle games...  I miss the days we had to keep baseball bats at the trunk of the car.  Palibhasa bata at ang yayabang pa.  Pero kung rambol na, I'm sure kanya kanyang takbo rin yun.  :)

ADMU pala ako, and was pissed at how disorganized we are (again).  Welcome to the post-Black era.  Props to Vosotros and Teng.

Sana Chot or Olsen/Nash will be considered to coach for Ateneo.  The Champion coaches Banal and Black really do not have Ateneo roots  :-[.

Fellow Atenean as well.  Oo nga bakit hindi coach na may school roots?  Is Bo Perasol ba connected with MVP like Black was?

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1178 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 06:31 PM »
“Sabi ko, hindi tama sa akin. Baka akala niya siguro player ako na pwede niyang sigaw-sigawan… Akala niya siguro pababayaan ko siya. May sinisigaw siya na hindi ko lang nagustuhan,” Perasol said.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09/02/13/heckler-opens-incident-ateneo-coach

:o

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #1179 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 11:24 PM »
I wonder what Commish Chito will do.

Offline kiwimig

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1180 on: Sep 02, 2013 at 11:42 PM »
I wonder what Commish Chito will do.

loyzaga will not do anything. for me, i don't really care whether he is sanctioned or not. i think the ateneo community is the one who really got the raw end of the deal with his actions. let them deal with him. by the way, i'm from la salle. sabi ko nga, move on move on lang pag may time. :)

http://www.spin.ph/sports/basketball/news/loyzaga-wont-sanction-perasol-for-spat-with-fan

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1181 on: Sep 03, 2013 at 09:15 AM »

Give the guy a chance. Cheap coach or Champion coach can only do so much.

It even took the PBA Grand Slam Coach Norman Black 3 years to win his first UAAP title for Ateneo and becoz of Ateneo's continuous prized recruits, Coach Norm was able to win 5 in a row for them.

This year, there is no prized recruits for Ateneo and all must remember that Ateneo started on the wrong foot w/o Ravena. Should Ravena be playing at the start of the season, i'm confident to say that Ateneo's standings will be safely at the TOP 3 spot now.

Just look at Nash Racela at FEU, cheers he got a sweep on the first round but is he to blame now that they are on a losing streak? Of course not!

Race to the Final 4 is very interesting with NU and DLSU getting its momentum with FEU still hanging on and UST playing with a Never Say Die spirit.

I feel Ateneo players will rally behind their coach and play even harder in all their succeeding games.
I also feel the whole Ateneo community will be in full support of their coach even after that incident.
« Last Edit: Sep 03, 2013 at 09:18 AM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1182 on: Sep 03, 2013 at 10:16 AM »
Cheap attitude, cheap manners! Asal kanto! Sore loser!

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #1183 on: Sep 03, 2013 at 01:53 PM »
Norman Black had his share of outbursts over refs but not at fans
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #1184 on: Sep 04, 2013 at 03:45 PM »
UAAP suspends Ateneo's Perasol for outburst

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/09/04/13/uaap-suspends-ateneos-perasol-outburst

I guess commisioner Chito is consistent and fair in a way. Any precedent of outbursts should result to this.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1185 on: Sep 04, 2013 at 03:59 PM »
JJ Atayde has been banned for the whole UAAP season as well...
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline kiwimig

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1186 on: Sep 04, 2013 at 05:10 PM »
JJ Atayde has been banned for the whole UAAP season as well...

bawal na mag-heckle ang mga fans. :)

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1187 on: Sep 04, 2013 at 07:42 PM »
One game suspension for Coach Bo is fair enough, Commissioner Loyzaga has been consistent.
« Last Edit: Sep 04, 2013 at 07:42 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline Superman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1188 on: Sep 04, 2013 at 10:20 PM »
bawal na mag-heckle ang mga fans. :)

Onga! :D

Offline onedown

• DVD Addict
  • peace man!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1189 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 08:25 AM »
a fan banned? might as well play behind closed doors. hundreds [maybe thousands] of fans heckle the opposition in every game.
peace man!

Offline Hitman

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1190 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 09:50 AM »
I don't see any sense in banning a fan just because of heckling. Sadyang pikon lang talaga si Bo! Eh bakit siya hindi ibanned for life too? BoBo talaga!

Offline vinci

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 985
« Reply #1191 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 10:25 AM »
dati parang yung father ni nico salva na nakipagsagutan at hamunan kay ronald magtulis na ban din for the remainder of the season and umapela pa since last season na ni nico.  though di ko alam kung natuloy ba yun.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #1192 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 10:37 AM »
I think the fan being banned for heckling is fair.  Like freedom of speech, freedom to cheer or jeer is not absolute.  A line can be crossed even if it was just heckling.

Kahit sa NBA meron yan.  An Orlando Magic fan was banned for heckling Mutombo.  Even Wade's girlfriend was banned from sitting courtside from heckling. 

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1193 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 11:33 AM »
dati parang yung father ni nico salva na nakipagsagutan at hamunan kay ronald magtulis na ban din for the remainder of the season and umapela pa since last season na ni nico.  though di ko alam kung natuloy ba yun.

Yep. Nico Salva's dad got into a shouting match with FEU's assistant coach Ronald Magtulis after the latter challenged Nico Salva to a fist fight and the dad stepped in. The appeal was not granted.

The UAAP has a history of banning fans from the venue once they step out of bounds. So JJ Atayde being banned for the rest of the season is normal.

Offline retro12195

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #1194 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 11:35 AM »
I don't see any sense in banning a fan just because of heckling. Sadyang pikon lang talaga si Bo! Eh bakit siya hindi ibanned for life too? BoBo talaga!
;D
Luxman L430 Denon DL 110 Yamaha YP 700c Paradigm M7V3
B&W OPPO ONKYO 636 Mission

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #1195 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 12:37 PM »

Yep. Nico Salva's dad got into a shouting match with FEU's assistant coach Ronald Magtulis after the latter challenged Nico Salva to a fist fight and the dad stepped in. The appeal was not granted.

The UAAP has a history of banning fans from the venue once they step out of bounds. So JJ Atayde being banned for the rest of the season is normal.
i remember the arwind santos incident against one la salle's team manager..
The Pats way...

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1196 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 12:48 PM »
i remember the arwind santos incident against one la salle's team manager..

Salgado ung family name. i forget the first name already. He has a lifetime ban.

Offline mav14

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1197 on: Sep 05, 2013 at 02:41 PM »
Salgado ung family name. i forget the first name already. He has a lifetime ban.

Manny Salgado with the infamous "batok" incident.
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2013 at 02:43 PM by mav14 »

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #1198 on: Sep 06, 2013 at 12:25 AM »
Manny Salgado with the infamous "batok" incident.

Was this the hit and run incident?

Offline beknat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1199 on: Sep 06, 2013 at 08:27 AM »
pati lasalle na suspended the next season kasi may nalaman ang uaap board nun. ang alam ko yung isang player ng lasalle high school pa lang pero pinaglaro na sa college.tama ba?