Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205715 times)

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2013
« Reply #1350 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 06:10 PM »
THAT WAS A GREAT GAME! Kudos to the Glowing Goldies! Game One is yours...

I am sure Game 2 and 3 will be a thriller!

ANIMO!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline mattia

• Trade Count: (+165)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1351 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 06:11 PM »
Very true, breaks of the game talaga after UST's turn over after a time out but they still played good defense and didnt lose composure.
Correct as Jeric said, it's their experience that won them the game.

When the game is on the line, it's all about HEART and that's what UST have PURE HEART!
Vindication for Coach Pido if UST can finish DLSU on Saturday.

Actually, may underlying statement yun "inom na lang ako San Mig Beer" kasi inulit pa ni Pido nung huli.  Remember, SMB owns LaSalle.  Loko rin si Pido!

Offline coastal

• Trade Count: (+265)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1352 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 06:15 PM »
Seriously di namin alam na time expired na pala!!! Nagaabang pa kami ng referee's call tapos na pala! Anti-climatic he he he!

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #1353 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 06:33 PM »
classic..
The Pats way...

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1354 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 06:44 PM »
Tengena naman oh... LOL.

Manalo or matalo, si Alvin Teng, panalo pa rin.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1355 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 06:46 PM »
THAT WAS A GREAT GAME! Kudos to the Glowing Goldies! Game One is yours...

I am sure Game 2 and 3 will be a thriller!

ANIMO!

kabayan Growling Tigers na yata tagawa sa kanila ngayon.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1356 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 07:01 PM »
That was a great game. Lakas ng mga import ng UST. Congrats!

Bawi tayo on the next game! Animo La Salle!

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #1357 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 08:06 PM »

oo nga...talo ung mga import ng la salle.

Go USTE!!!
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1358 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 08:09 PM »
oo nga...talo ung mga import ng la salle.

Go USTE!!!

LOL!!!  :p

nbc

Online comet

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #1359 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 08:23 PM »
kabayan Growling Tigers na yata tagawa sa kanila ngayon.
OT lang, Naalala ko tuloy yung pe shorts dati nung glowing goldies pa ang tawag, gold na short shorts!

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 372
« Reply #1360 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 08:29 PM »

Yup, Abdul is an import all right ..... I'm never in favor of these imports (my posts in the old threads), but here they are.

It's a good thing that the NCAA has stopped this unfair, albeit legal practice ..... hope the UAAP adopts it as well.

Abdul was locally recruited by UST of course, unlike DLSU which has long employed sports agent/s in the US - imagine that, a collegiate team with formal & systematic US recruitment.  ;)

By the way, I can guarantee that DLSU's import playing in Season 78 will be the best import. Ever.
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013 at 08:30 PM by newwaveboy »

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1361 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 08:45 PM »
Abdul is an import all right but he is not a tall, huge dominating import like those from San Beda.
In fact, Abdul was slowly developed thru the years playing for UST. I still recall he wasnt even a starter in his first year.
Mas grabe pa nga un sa FEU they have two imports alternating at the post but of course they are not that dominant.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1362 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 08:55 PM »
Yup, Abdul is an import all right ..... I'm never in favor of these imports (my posts in the old threads), but here they are.

It's a good thing that the NCAA has stopped this unfair, albeit legal practice ..... hope the UAAP adopts it as well.

Abdul was locally recruited by UST of course, unlike DLSU which has long employed sports agent/s in the US - imagine that, a collegiate team with formal & systematic US recruitment.  ;)

By the way, I can guarantee that DLSU's import playing in Season 78 will be the best import. Ever.
I'm kinda out of the loop in UAAP, I'm curious who that import DLSU is bringing-in on season 78. Is this the Mbala guy?  I won't deny that DLSU has a good recruitment team. During my years in school, Allado, Ritualo drove brand new cars back which were rumored to be provided by La Salle while we see Abdul of UST riding tricycles.
http://www.slamonlineph.com/high-school-college-d-league/karim-abdul-rides-tricycles-just-like-you-and-me

I like this Abdul guy. Has a good feel for the game. Didn't expect he has some range on those shots.
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013 at 08:56 PM by sientobente »

Offline -sniper-

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uwOL4rB-go
  • Liked:
« Reply #1363 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 09:10 PM »
Abdul has improved a lot the past two years. from a mere reliever, to UST's dominant center. he has also developed his mid-range shooting. is this also his last year?
sa nakinabang at humakot sa ht at audio set-up ko na ipinundar ko MAG-ISA, may balik yan......

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1364 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 09:28 PM »
I'm kinda out of the loop in UAAP, I'm curious who that import DLSU is bringing-in on season 78. Is this the Mbala guy?  I won't deny that DLSU has a good recruitment team. During my years in school, Allado, Ritualo drove brand new cars back which were rumored to be provided by La Salle while we see Abdul of UST riding tricycles.
http://www.slamonlineph.com/high-school-college-d-league/karim-abdul-rides-tricycles-just-like-you-and-me

I like this Abdul guy. Has a good feel for the game. Didn't expect he has some range on those shots.

Yup, it's the Mbala kid ..... and he will be the best one yet. Guaranteed. The kid is that good.

No offense, but its no coincidence that in the UAAP/NCAA, "good recruitment" is a direct result of crony este corporate sponsorship.

Like what I've been posting for the longest time, such a thing is considered illegal in the US NCAA ..... even a small incident wherein a potential recruit was given pieces of clothing by a booster, made for suspensions and headlines in the US NCAA.

Here in Da Pilipins, garapalan ang pag-recruit nang local HS & Filam players by cronies este corporate executives/tycoons ..... ex. shortly after Jeron goes Taft, we see Alvin Teng become an assistant coach of SMCorp's ABL team ...... the late Bobby Parks given a juicy NU post ..... players driving around new cars (you forgot Mike Cortez bro, he was driving around a new one too).

IMO the UAAP, NCAA and especially the PBA, has become a microcosm of Philippine governance, society and business ..... bigat ano.  ;D

Anyways, let's all enjoy the games.

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1365 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 09:33 PM »
Walang kapatid-kapatid in the game kanina, 'no?  I liked the fact that Jeric and Jeron were really pushing each other in that one rebound scene.

nbc

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1366 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 10:06 PM »
What? An import for DLSU? I thought the import referred to was Perkins.

I like Abdul more, aside from Kurt Long than any other imports who played in the UAAP and NCAA.
Simple lng un dalawa. They played tough and with their heart. Hindi sila mayabang at marumi maglaro.

Also about the Growling Tigers, Coach Pido molded and patterned their game the Jaworski style.
What amaze me is that they really play tough but not dirty.
I never expect Ferrer to be this tough after 3 years in the league.
Aside from being one of the top scorers of the Tigers, he's also the best perimeter defender. Hindi takot sa bangaan despite his thin frame.

Paolo Pe reminds me of Wilmer Ong.
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013 at 10:09 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline frontANDcenter

• Collector
  • @dandarWIN
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #1367 on: Oct 02, 2013 at 11:06 PM »
I managed to watch Mbala during the PCCL Tourney while he was still playing for SWU (South Western University) and man, was he a force inside. Reminds me of Zach Randolph in a way. .. I also heard this story before the season started about a tune-up game DLSU had against a PBA team where Mbala scored 30 something points.

Regarding the recruitment process here in the Philippines which in a lot of ways create this line dividing the "haves" and the "have nots" in the UAAP. At first, I had some reservations regarding the matter until I finally submitted to the fact that basketball is indeed a physical sport where players may suffer injuries that can even threaten their careers.   It's only economically reasonable for these kids, or in this case, their parents, to accept the best offer schools can provide while their talents are still "bankable".

As a Thomasian, I know we don't have the kind of luxury most schools have to attract top recruits but at the end of the day, the student-athletes win. Not only will they get compensated for doing something they love but more importantly, they will get education from schools their parents cannot realistically afford.
« Last Edit: Oct 02, 2013 at 11:21 PM by frontANDcenter »

Offline titan

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #1368 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 12:57 AM »
Napapasin nyo ba si kevin Ferrer after maka shoot, nag twe- twearking. :)

Go USTe!!!

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #1369 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 03:53 AM »
Mbala is the real deal.  Barring injuries, DLSU has a potential dynasty in the making. 

They can go big, real big, but still have one of the best backcourts in Vosotros and Jeron.

They just need to go through Pido first.  ;D

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1370 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 05:22 AM »
Regarding the recruitment process here in the Philippines which in a lot of ways create this line dividing the "haves" and the "have nots" in the UAAP. At first, I had some reservations regarding the matter until I finally submitted to the fact that basketball is indeed a physical sport where players may suffer injuries that can even threaten their careers.   It's only economically reasonable for these kids, or in this case, their parents, to accept the best offer schools can provide while their talents are still "bankable".

As a Thomasian, I know we don't have the kind of luxury most schools have to attract top recruits but at the end of the day, the student-athletes win. Not only will they get compensated for doing something they love but more importantly, they will get education from schools their parents cannot realistically afford.

Beg to differ bro ..... no amount of economic reasons can justify or hide the fact that what these crony/corporate sponsored schools are doing is completely unfair, blatantly unethical and illegal.

It goes against everything which a collegiate league should stand for ..... that is promoting sport, brotherhood, equality and fair play.

I'm glad that UST hasn't gone this route, despite having the means to do so ...... like Steve Uytengsu keeps saying, "win and compete with integrity".

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
« Reply #1371 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 08:44 AM »
Anybody seen the Teng brothers get tangled after a free throw, muntik nang magaway haha o drama lang to spice things up.

Anyway, it would be interesting if the rumoured transfer of Franz Pumaren in the NU coaching side next year would finalize.
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline nbc

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1372 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 08:54 AM »
Anybody seen the Teng brothers get tangled after a free throw, muntik nang magaway haha o drama lang to spice things up.

Anyway, it would be interesting if the rumoured transfer of Franz Pumaren in the NU coaching side next year would finalize.

I don't think it was drama. The heat of the moment kind of thing... playing to win.

nbc

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1373 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 10:20 PM »

muntik na nga manalo ang DLSU dahil sa 3 points nung import nila

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1374 on: Oct 03, 2013 at 10:27 PM »
Beg to differ bro ..... no amount of economic reasons can justify or hide the fact that what these crony/corporate sponsored schools are doing is completely unfair, blatantly unethical and illegal.

It goes against everything which a collegiate league should stand for ..... that is promoting sport, brotherhood, equality and fair play.

I'm glad that UST hasn't gone this route, despite having the means to do so ...... like Steve Uytengsu keeps saying, "win and compete with integrity".

it pains that even at this level,money already talks, not in basketbal but isnt it that two potential star players of UST volleyball were paid este recruited by NU to play for them even if the two were honed and developed by UST in thier high school team.

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
« Reply #1375 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 02:30 AM »
I admit this post is wildly off-topic but it is still college basketball related:

The UV Lancers just beat Southwestern University 3-2 in the finals of the CESAFI tournament in Cebu (some of your favorite and future UAAP/NCAA players came from the CESAFI).

The amazing part is that SWU actually led UV 2-0, UV fought back to tie the series, and then won on a last second shot in Game 5 of the finals.

Offline sabsar

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #1376 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 04:59 AM »
Actually, may underlying statement yun "inom na lang ako San Mig Beer" kasi inulit pa ni Pido nung huli.  Remember, SMB owns LaSalle.  Loko rin si Pido!

Pido also works for San Miguel - as an assistant coach for Petron.

Offline sabsar

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1377 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 05:00 AM »

Jeric Teng (allegedly) was supposed to play for DLSU. But Franz Pumaren thumbed it down (he doesn't see eye to eye with Alvin Teng).

Offline sabsar

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1378 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 05:03 AM »

There is a group that 'recruits' the Nigerians/imports. NCAA & UAAP teams just call them.
A few months ago, there was a rush to have one in the NCAA teams since this will be the last year they can have an import as a new player.

Offline puffalan84

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #1379 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 06:50 AM »
glad to know puro home grown na lang sa ncaa next year..

jeric teng was phenomenal in game 1.. hope the other teng  gets his turn this saturday para may game 3.. btw, is ferrer's tounge longer than miley? :)..
The Pats way...