Author Topic: NCAA / UAAP 2013  (Read 205742 times)

Offline newwaveboy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 372
Re: NCAA / UAAP 2013
« Reply #1380 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 07:19 AM »
Like I said, its a great thing that the NCAA has seen the light and finally put a stop on these imports.

Basketball is one sport in which the country has an ENDLESS amount of local talent to fill out every collegiate league many, many times over.

One can go to any barangay-level league anywhere and immediately see a handful of collegiate prospects.

Unfortunately, it looks like a good many years til the UAAP does the same.

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #1381 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 09:13 AM »
Scored patron tix for tomorrow's game ;D

Animo!!!

Offline nbc

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #1382 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 09:37 AM »

Animo!!!

Animo USTe!!!

Ang bali-balita, eh, markado daw si Ferrer bukas.

nbc
***Take a Walk on the Dark Side***

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #1383 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 10:16 AM »
Yes the UAAP should also stop the recruitment of imports. But I don't mind getting half Filipinos like Perkins and Newsome. At least they can play for the PBA and the national team.

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1384 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 11:58 AM »
posible bang may sindikato sa UAAP? meaning kahit gusto mag champion ng UST di pwede dahil sa sindikato?
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Verbl Kint

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 258
Re: Re: NCAA / UAAP 2013
« Reply #1385 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 12:00 PM »
Yes the UAAP should also stop the recruitment of imports. But I don't mind getting half Filipinos like Perkins and Newsome. At least they can play for the PBA and the national team.

With current FIBA regulations, a player needs to have a pinoy passport at age 16 to play for the country. Last I heard, Newsome and Perkins do not qualify.

Offline jonjon

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • Collector
  • 41 steels and counting
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 326
« Reply #1386 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 01:04 PM »

Animo!!!

Baka me extra ka pa 2 sir? hehehe

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #1387 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 01:18 PM »
maiba naman, hanep mag dunk yung kobe paras, ang tindi to think na high school pa lang pala yun
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline krets pulpol

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • what's your major malfunction numb nuts!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1582
what?! are you talkin' to me!!!

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #1389 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 01:31 PM »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1390 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 01:32 PM »

Filams should be okay ...... they're Filipinos too. However, it should be controlled, screened and limited.

I remember when DLSU had more than half of its team made up of Filams (via their sports agent in the US of course) e.g. Cortez, Allado, Wilson, Ramos, etc.

Even a commercial league like the PBA has long realized the negative impact of having too many Filams - it instituted rules limiting the number per team ..... how come a collegiate league didn't follow suit.

Even ADMU's Fr. Tito Caluag wrote a scathing editorial then, admitting that his school and a few others were wrong in loading their lineups with Filams ..... that these Filams we displacing deserving local players, all in the name of trying to win a championship.

Offline elim

• Trade Count: (+94)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #1391 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 02:00 PM »
Long live the scalpers

http://www.sulit.com.ph/index.php/view+classifieds/id/24599470/UAAP+76+DLSU+VS.+UST+FINALS+ROUND+2+TICKETS

Haha. My friend also sent me the link. Sabi nya huntingin namin. Amp tindi ng sources nito.
i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee319/ielim/Faithful%20Sound%20brands%202_zpsttoewu3h.jpg

Offline krets pulpol

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1392 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 02:25 PM »
bogus account yata, last two numbers xx haha pero dapat i-meet up yan tapos ipakulong for extortion!

Nampucha, mas mahal pa sa any foreign concert or NBA game this October sa Arena.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1393 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 02:31 PM »
Filams should be okay ...... they're Filipinos too. However, it should be controlled, screened and limited.

I remember when DLSU had more than half of its team made up of Filams (via their sports agent in the US of course) e.g. Cortez, Allado, Wilson, Ramos, etc.

Even a commercial league like the PBA has long realized the negative impact of having too many Filams - it instituted rules limiting the number per team ..... how come a collegiate league didn't follow suit.

Even ADMU's Fr. Tito Caluag wrote a scathing editorial then, admitting that his school and a few others were wrong in loading their lineups with Filams ..... that these Filams we displacing deserving local players, all in the name of trying to win a championship.
Sir, I think that never happened where DLSU had ever had a year where half where Fil-ams. Allado and Cortez never even played in the same decade. Maierhofer was after Cortez' tenure. Wilson and Ramos were scrubs. Plus in DLSU, we have an intercollege league called LSAL, some of our players were standouts in that tournament like Aldeguer.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1394 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 06:48 PM »
Sir, I think that never happened where DLSU had ever had a year where half where Fil-ams. Allado and Cortez never even played in the same decade. Maierhofer was after Cortez' tenure. Wilson and Ramos were scrubs. Plus in DLSU, we have an intercollege league called LSAL, some of our players were standouts in that tournament like Aldeguer.

Yup, it did .... plus Alvin Castro, Mon Jose, Mac Cardona, etc ...... some would likely be non-Filams, but the point is they were US-based/trained people recruited to play here - most via agent Mike Gonzales to boot.

Willy Wilson was never a scrub ..... very intelligent player even then. Manny Ramos was definitely a PBA-scrub, but he fared well in the UAAP.

I never mentioned Maierhofer ...... he definitely came post-Cortez.

Like I said, Filams should be welcome, but needs to be screened, controlled and limited. Way too many local-based talents to fill-up the leagues many times over.

Sports agents should be banned in the collegiate leagues ...... in the US NCAA, a player who deals with a sports agent formally voids his NCAA eligibility.

Offline puffalan84

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 429
« Reply #1395 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 07:44 PM »
dapat talaga may limit ang recruiting..
cardona i think is not a filam, ng-tryout lang sya afaik.. medyo ot, if i remember parang si willie wilson ung na accused ng game fixing, parang sa kanya sinisi ung last finals nila, kawawa ung bata nun.. with fans watching live and  tv na may replay, i doubt mag ka lakas ng loob ang players na magbenta ng laro..
« Last Edit: Oct 04, 2013 at 07:57 PM by puffalan84 »
The Pats way...

Offline sardaukar

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Don't Panic!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1396 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 08:00 PM »
With current FIBA regulations, a player needs to have a pinoy passport at age 16 to play for the country. Last I heard, Newsome and Perkins do not qualify.

I didn't know that. That's too bad.

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1397 on: Oct 04, 2013 at 08:46 PM »
dapat talaga may limit ang recruiting..
cardona i think is not a filam, ng-tryout lang sya afaik.. medyo ot, if i remember parang si willie wilson ung na accused ng game fixing, parang sa kanya sinisi ung last finals nila, kawawa ung bata nun.. with fans watching live and  tv na may replay, i doubt mag ka lakas ng loob ang players na magbenta ng laro..

IIRC it was Mike Cortez who was the subject of those beta rumors ...... the kid just had a bad game and he gets burned at the stake.

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #1398 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 12:44 AM »
Yup, it did .... plus Alvin Castro, Mon Jose, Mac Cardona, etc ...... some would likely be non-Filams, but the point is they were US-based/trained people recruited to play here - most via agent Mike Gonzales to boot.

Willy Wilson was never a scrub ..... very intelligent player even then. Manny Ramos was definitely a PBA-scrub, but he fared well in the UAAP.

I never mentioned Maierhofer ...... he definitely came post-Cortez.

Like I said, Filams should be welcome, but needs to be screened, controlled and limited. Way too many local-based talents to fill-up the leagues many times over.

Sports agents should be banned in the collegiate leagues ...... in the US NCAA, a player who deals with a sports agent formally voids his NCAA eligibility.
I'm not sure where you got this info. The Mike Gonzales/AMG problem wasn't the recruitment agency that got these guys, it's an agency that was rumored to limit some of the player's playing time if they don't sign up with them.

To break down those 3 names you mentioned, Mon Jose's dad was a star athlete in DLSU and it was only natural for his family to choose La Salle. Same story as Alvin Castro. Then on Mac Cardona's part he tried out for several schools here in Manila. I even heard that DLSU wasn't even his first choice. It's just that he wasn't deemed good enough by the other schools. These guys weren't even highly touted players when they came in(and this includes Mike Cortez). The people highly publicized back then as DLSU's prized recruit after Ritualo were BJ Manalo, Carlo Sharma and Nicole Hernandez  O0

Anyway, I read from a facebook post that in the finals between DLSU vs UST. The one who wins the 1st game always losses the series. Is this true?
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2013 at 12:59 AM by sientobente »

Offline newwaveboy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1399 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 04:49 AM »
I'm not sure where you got this info. The Mike Gonzales/AMG problem wasn't the recruitment agency that got these guys, it's an agency that was rumored to limit some of the player's playing time if they don't sign up with them.

To break down those 3 names you mentioned, Mon Jose's dad was a star athlete in DLSU and it was only natural for his family to choose La Salle. Same story as Alvin Castro. Then on Mac Cardona's part he tried out for several schools here in Manila. I even heard that DLSU wasn't even his first choice. It's just that he wasn't deemed good enough by the other schools. These guys weren't even highly touted players when they came in(and this includes Mike Cortez). The people highly publicized back then as DLSU's prized recruit after Ritualo were BJ Manalo, Carlo Sharma and Nicole Hernandez  O0

Anyway, I read from a facebook post that in the finals between DLSU vs UST. The one who wins the 1st game always losses the series. Is this true?

I'm quite sure that it's Mike Gonzales ..... even the great (just kidding) Quinito Henson raved a few times about the guys contributions.

I never said anything about formally signing up with them or any other agency. It is possible that some might have signed up or something. It's the fact that a school deals with such an entity to recruit potential players - makes for an uneven playing field.

Filams per team, per season, etc should have been controlled then. The PBA saw the cons of having too much Filams, that it put up tight rules & a cap, even then ...... the collegiate leagues should have followed suit.

Cardona was indeed a tryout reject (IIRC it was JRU) before landing with DLSU ...... Mon Jose was a classmate from way, way back - heard that he went abroad and one day saw him playing in the UAAP.

My point is, there should be no organized (by an agency or agent) and systematic recruitment of Filams and US-trained Pinoys for the collegiate leagues ..... also, put a stop to these imports ...... there's an endless amount of local talent to cover every collegiate league from Batanes to Sulu.  ;)

Yup, you are correct; the loser of game1 between these two, went on to win the series ..... goes to show the closeness of the matchups between these two.

I should know, I was there live and screaming during those 90's matchups ....... those were indeed memorable games. As always, great effort from both teams.

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #1400 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 05:13 AM »
bogus account yata, last two numbers xx haha pero dapat i-meet up yan tapos ipakulong for extortion!
di ba na-click yan to show the number, anyway the account has been suspended na yata
ninjababez online ..

Offline pao9307

• Trade Count: (+257)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 460
« Reply #1401 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 07:40 AM »
di ba na-click yan to show the number, anyway the account has been suspended na yata
yes,click to see the complete number.tingin ko naman legit.inayawan ko lang.San ka nakakita ng seller who would ask you to email your complete name and id number before ka bentahan?!
Anyway,mamaya na.

Bawi tayo La Salle! :D

Offline krets pulpol

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1402 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 09:15 AM »
At one point gusto ko na ring matapos yung finals para matapos na yung kalokohan ng mga scalpers na yan! Mathematically that's more than 1,000% markup. May sindikato talaga dyan sa Araneta ticketing kasi sila din ang kumikita pag may ganyan. Palaging ang rason "minsan" lang naman sila kumikita. They are called professional scalpers! Parati namang may events pati concerts eh.

Taun taon na lang yan di na nasolusyonan. Last year ba sa Ateneo-UST? Eto kasi ang garapalan na talaga eh. Sadly, may pumapatol pa rin sa ganyang presyo.

Offline BusyChild

• DVD Guru
  • Act your rage.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1403 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 02:26 PM »
Go, LA SALLE!!!
May you get everything you want, but nothing that you need.

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1404 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 03:34 PM »
DLSU vs UST Game 2 on Chanel 2.
Expect tons of commercials.

Down 17 in the 2nd quarter, now only down by 1 ang UST 7 mins left 3rd kanto.
Never Say Die USTE!
« Last Edit: Oct 05, 2013 at 05:02 PM by steelcrazy »
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #1405 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 05:34 PM »
Go La Salle. Maintain the Lead in the 4th Quarter!
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline steelcrazy

• Trade Count: (+112)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I'm the Love Guru.
  • Liked:
« Reply #1406 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 05:44 PM »
DLSU played tough takes Game 2.
Great dominating game by AVO and Norbert Torres.
Game 3 this coming Sat. Oct 12 at MOA Arena.
Gee yoU aRe yoU!

Offline CoolTOYZPH

• Trade Count: (+166)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Break-in done... time to enjoy the music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 73
« Reply #1407 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 05:46 PM »
Animo La Salle!
Where is the Love? BEP

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #1408 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 06:00 PM »
There will be a Game 3!! ANIMO LA SALLE!!!
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline leomarley

• Trade Count: (+33)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 49
« Reply #1409 on: Oct 05, 2013 at 06:15 PM »
Congrats for winning game two, La Salle. UST bawi tayo sa next Saturday! One For UST!