Author Topic: The Religion Thread  (Read 360606 times)

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The Religion Thread
« Reply #2550 on: May 04, 2017 at 12:02 PM »
The bible showed us how to response to someone not really seeking the truth but just want confrontation.

Jesus said "neither will i tell you ..."

LOL. That's the best you got? And if you get ganged up you'll raise Matt 10:22?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not seeking your "truth". This a religion thread, questions will be asked and may even be debated on. And it's quite hypocritical of you to say I'm confrontational when you're the one calling names.

Offline JT

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2551 on: May 04, 2017 at 12:24 PM »
LOL. That's the best you got? And if you get ganged up you'll raise Matt 10:22?

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not seeking your "truth". This a religion thread, questions will be asked and may even be DEBATED on. And it's quite hypocritical of you to say I'm CONFRONTATIONAL when you're the one calling names.

Dissappointed? Nah, your response is perfect for me to explain many things including responding to such attitude. So thank you.

And when you are back, please google the difference between debate and confrontation then post it in here to have a clear understanding if you do have a case in your claims
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017 at 12:34 PM by JT »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2552 on: May 04, 2017 at 01:13 PM »
Why? You trust google now?

Offline hotrod

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Yippie-kay-yay!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2553 on: May 04, 2017 at 06:17 PM »

Baka naman Herbert Spencer hindi Hubert  :)

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2554 on: May 04, 2017 at 06:37 PM »
Herbert was born 1820, if he's that guy, he's a pretty smart baby having given the world the five "scientific principles" that year.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017 at 06:41 PM by bumblebee »

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2555 on: May 04, 2017 at 07:49 PM »
Why? You trust google now?

I'm sorry, I know now na mahina ang pang intindi mo. And I need to be more considerate. 

Did I say I don't trust google ? Or what I said is it contains both true and false information so who decides which is right?

Have you already googled the difference between debate and confrontations?  Why don't you review your replies and see if they qualify as debate.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2556 on: May 04, 2017 at 07:58 PM »
I'm sorry, I know now na mahina ang pang intindi mo. And I need to be more considerate. 

Thank you. That's very christian of you ;D

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2557 on: May 04, 2017 at 08:17 PM »
Thank you. That's very christian of you ;D

Just went thru your recent posts and did not really find any meaningful nor really informative nor intellectual reply that adds values.  Just side comments and criticisms.

Matthew 7:6 teaches us “Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces".

So no point going thru this argument further.  Good luck na lang sa iyo,

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2558 on: May 04, 2017 at 08:25 PM »
From googlemaster to a dog and swine ;D you really are something aren't you?

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #2559 on: May 04, 2017 at 09:13 PM »
Mas mukha yatang heart kaysa earth ...

But how could it change so fast into that shape if NASA claims these are actual pictures of the earth? the recent being in 2015.

Which picture is telling the truth?

From NASA web says it is pear-shape in some ways so somehow it will show in the pictures right?
https://image.gsfc.nasa.gov/poetry/ask/a11818.html

bro yun posted ko na link shows earth without the water bodies, hence the odd shape.
ninjababez online ..

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2560 on: May 04, 2017 at 09:15 PM »
I got nothing to say further on pre-adamic age as the bible is not directly saying that.  And yes, 6k-7k years old is my approximate guess.

6,000 years (or 5,964 years to be exact) is not the age of the earth.  it's the age of mankind starting from creation of Adam to present.
the actual age of the earth is around 4.567 billion years.  the bible supports this with some sort of calculation.

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2561 on: May 04, 2017 at 09:25 PM »
the actual age of the earth is around 4.567 billion years.  the bible supports this with some sort of calculation.

bro baka pwede ma explain mo ito, or kung may link ka.  may mga videos din ako pinanonood online; mga religious groups debunking carbon dating.
ninjababez online ..

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2562 on: May 05, 2017 at 04:44 AM »
bro yun posted ko na link shows earth without the water bodies, hence the odd shape.

Actually I'm more inclined to believe the picture (and article) you posted rather than the perfect circle and esp that pear shape from Neil DeGrasse-Tyson (as latest claim from NASA).

NASA claims to have thousands of satellites in outer space yet not able to produce an actual picture of the earth. 

Offline ninjababez®

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2563 on: May 05, 2017 at 05:41 AM »

NASA claims to have thousands of satellites in outer space yet not able to produce an actual picture of the earth. 

actually, yun thousands of satellite na yun di talaga makukunan ng pic ang earth, kasi di naman sya ganun kalayo from earth.  imagine taking a selfie pic, tapos braso mo singhaba lang ng sa kangaroo.  pero meron naman na-launch na mga probes, mas malayo pa sa moon; bakit nga naman walang picture ang mga ito sa likod ano?
ninjababez online ..

Offline JeromeA

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I am not in danger, I am the Danger
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 307
« Reply #2564 on: May 05, 2017 at 06:15 AM »
actually, yun thousands of satellite na yun di talaga makukunan ng pic ang earth, kasi di naman sya ganun kalayo from earth.  imagine taking a selfie pic, tapos braso mo singhaba lang ng sa kangaroo.  pero meron naman na-launch na mga probes, mas malayo pa sa moon; bakit nga naman walang picture ang mga ito sa likod ano?

this is very true. pero natawa talaga ko sa braso ng kangaroo. hahahahahahaha..

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2565 on: May 05, 2017 at 07:50 AM »

Meron na. Taken from 1 million miles away.

Offline dpogs

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 483
« Reply #2566 on: May 05, 2017 at 07:56 AM »
ang moon kapag tinitingnan ko at pinipicturan ko bilog na bilog pero may mga article na ang actual shape ng moon ay parang lemon :) :) :)

same din kaya kapag napicturan ang earth from the moon? kaya bilog na bilog ang mga picture ng NASA?

There is none righteous, no not one.

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2567 on: May 05, 2017 at 09:12 AM »
The picture you see is light being reflected. As you know, there is no light in space so you really can't tell the actual shape of things.

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2568 on: May 05, 2017 at 09:14 AM »
Pati ba naman buwan nakalimutan pa ...

I ingles mo na lang sinasabi mo ... masakit tignan mga pangungusap kung saan mga simpleng salita kinakalimutan natin.

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2569 on: May 05, 2017 at 10:44 AM »
The picture you see is light being reflected. As you know, there is no light in space so you really can't tell the actual shape of things.

In short hindi peke ang mga picture ng NASA?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2570 on: May 05, 2017 at 11:06 AM »
^You mean the 1972 Blue Marble? I don't have any reason to say it's fake.

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2571 on: May 05, 2017 at 11:13 AM »
bro baka pwede ma explain mo ito, or kung may link ka.  may mga videos din ako pinanonood online; mga religious groups debunking carbon dating.

sorry bro, wala ako link.  i just discovered the calculation when i got curious on six days creation.  i admit i am not a religious person but i literally fell down on my knees and prayed upon verifying the figures.
i would really love to share it bro but i cannot just post it here since it's quite a lengthy explanation and would require me to draw.  maybe i should try to come up first with a simple write up or some sort  of presentation so that i could easily share it with anyone.   

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2572 on: May 05, 2017 at 03:56 PM »

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #2573 on: May 05, 2017 at 04:07 PM »
Bakit ka nagdududa? Kung may mas tama kang paliwanag kung saan nailalathala mo ang tunay na hugis ng ating mundo bakit hindi ka paniniwalain. Mahirap magpaliwanag gamit salita lang lalo sa mga bagay na pwede gamitan ng mga gamit tulad ng mga satellite, at iba pa para patunayan ang tunay na hugis ng ating mundo.

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2574 on: May 05, 2017 at 05:08 PM »
Bakit ka nagdududa? Kung may mas tama kang paliwanag kung saan nailalathala mo ang tunay na hugis ng ating mundo bakit hindi ka paniniwalain. Mahirap magpaliwanag gamit salita lang lalo sa mga bagay na pwede gamitan ng mga gamit tulad ng mga satellite, at iba pa para patunayan ang tunay na hugis ng ating mundo.

Kung binasa mo yung artikulo, hindi sa hugis kungdi sa kapamaraan nila ginawa yung famosong BLUE MARBLE. Nasusulat doon na "Then we wrapped the flat map around a ball. My part was integrating the surface, clouds, and oceans to match people’s EXPECTATIONS of how Earth looks from space. That ball became the famous Blue Marble. "

Bakit nga ba walang aktwal na litrato ang mundo?

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2575 on: May 05, 2017 at 05:35 PM »
In short hindi peke ang mga picture ng NASA?

Here's live video if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM

Offline dpogs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • love and discipline
  • Liked:
« Reply #2576 on: May 05, 2017 at 05:52 PM »
Kung binasa mo yung artikulo, hindi sa hugis kungdi sa kapamaraan nila ginawa yung famosong BLUE MARBLE. Nasusulat doon na "Then we wrapped the flat map around a ball. My part was integrating the surface, clouds, and oceans to match people’s EXPECTATIONS of how Earth looks from space. That ball became the famous Blue Marble. "

Here's live video if you're interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtU_mdL2vBM

Sir jt.. I dont think theres a worldwide conspiracy among scientist airplane owners companies ahuttles makers etc to hide the true shape of earth...

Theres some verses in the Bible indicating that the shape of the earth is round (may not be perfect circle) pero masasabi natin na spherical ang shape ng earth.

Offline majoe

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2577 on: May 05, 2017 at 07:16 PM »

go figure sir.  400km ang distance ng ISS, 600km ang hubble space telescope.  diameter ng earth ay 12,742km.  i plot mo as triangle.  tingin mo may available na lens para ma capture ng buo ang earth in full detail?  segment lang ng earth ang kaya nila ma capture kahit na naka wide angle lens pa.  in comparison, para kang umakyat sa pinaka mataas na building sa makati tapos gusto mo kunan ng picture ang buong land area nito.

kaya nga stitching lang ng images ang paraan para mabuo ang isang picture.   

Offline Nelson de Leon

• Trade Count: (+141)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let us lead by example
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 291
« Reply #2578 on: May 05, 2017 at 07:45 PM »
May ginawang experiment via laser. They took a laser, mounted it onshore and measured the target by 15 meters on a boat. They marked the level of the target and moved the boat away mga 500 meters. They noticed that the laser aim was higher than when measured in 15 meters.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012D using Tapatalk

Offline JT

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • GOD RULES!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2579 on: May 06, 2017 at 01:07 PM »
kaya nga stitching lang ng images ang paraan para mabuo ang isang picture.   

See this statement "Then we wrapped the flat map around a ball. MY PART WAS INTEGRATING THE SURFACE, CLOUDS, AND OCEANS TO MATCH PEOPLE's  EXPECTATIONS OF HOW EARTH LOOKS FROM SPACE. That ball became the famous Blue Marble. "

Again, its not the stitching that I am concerned with.  It is the fabrication to make the picture conforms to the expectation of the people. Its the tampering I am concern with. Who knows what else has been changed.  Regardless,  it is no longer the truth as integrity is compromised.  It means the original picture does match the texbooks taught to us in school, and even in universities or science websites.

I understand the limitation of satellites cam orbiting at inner space (low earth orbit). How about those in outer space?  Check their videos and pictures, and there are anomalies as well.  For other posts here that is related, lets analyze them in Science thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But probably the main reason why I am highlighting this now (as this is a religious thread) is because we need this kind of critical thinking when trying to understand the bible. Every Word must be considered to understand the full truth otherwise we can be deceived. 

Be like the Bereans in Acts 17:10-11 "10 Then the brethren immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea. When they arrived, they went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily to find out whether these things were so."

For example. Someone  will say the bible said  "Spare the rod, spoil the child".   Sounds good but can you even find the exact verse in the bible?  No, actually its a modern proverb made up to sound like it is biblical. 

The closest verse is in Proverbs 13:24 "He who spares his rod hates his son, But he who loves him disciplines him promptly. " which give a totally different view (just like the BLUE MARBLE).
« Last Edit: May 06, 2017 at 01:41 PM by JT »