Author Topic: SHARP APHRODY  (Read 5848 times)

Offline RIVER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
SHARP APHRODY
« on: Mar 11, 2002 at 09:29 PM »
Hey Guys,

I am planning to buy a new 29" Sharp Aphrody at Pph18,900.
Is it a wise buy?

Thanks.
???

Offline Alfie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Re: SHARP APHRODY
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2002 at 09:57 PM »

Hey Guys,

I am planning to buy a new 29" Sharp Aphrody at Pph18,900.
Is it a wise buy?

Thanks.
???

River You might want to consider the Samsung BIO, I believe it's in the same price range, and I find the resolution better, If you want a cheaper but same as SHARP features, the SANYO 29" I believe is more worthwhile, of course check out also the Kolin 29", they're all in the same class. ;) ;D
BTW Welcome to PinoyDVD ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline Jude

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2002 at 03:29 AM »
I agree with Alfie here, among 29" TVs of the same price range, the Aphrody's resolution appears to be not as high. Check out the thread "deciding on a TV" for more info.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 1970 at 08:00 AM by 1016344800 »

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2002 at 06:12 AM »
Hello River, Welcome to the Forum,

I have a Sharp Aphrody 29". It has good audio and component input that gives very good video. For the price its  worth it. The only problem I have are the front buttons. It malfunctioned only after a few months. The only reason I got this TV because I was in a hurry to buy since my old Sony got burned in Virra Mall when I had it repaired. IMHO I suggest that you save further and get a better TV. You can try to contact Cramps64, he has Toshiba and Sony widescreens for your budget. If Im going to buy now I will get a widescreen. Just my 2 cents.

levi

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re:SHARP APHRODY
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 09:01 AM »
i am presently using this "29 sharp aphrody" i bought this because of its component video input as compared with other brands within the price range. So far sa video ok sha sa mata ko--- ;D

problem ko lang NTSC system lang pala sha. i have several R4 PAL DVDs sent by my sis in Australia. kaya di sha pwede. Is there a way to place or add a PAL system on it?
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 09:05 AM »
Just saw an LG(forgot the model)29" about 18-19k ang price range...it has component in's. Ok naman ang video nya.
Walang Setup

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2003 at 01:14 PM »
i am presently using this "29 sharp aphrody" i bought this because of its component video input as compared with other brands within the price range. So far sa video ok sha sa mata ko--- ;D

problem ko lang NTSC system lang pala sha. i have several R4 PAL DVDs sent by my sis in Australia. kaya di sha pwede. Is there a way to place or add a PAL system on it?

Get a DVD player that can convert PAL to NTSC internally. ex Nextbase.

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2003 at 08:02 AM »
Ngii! i have to buy pala another DVD Player...anyway apat na lang itong R4 PAL DVDs ko..

ibig bang sabihin bro levi ang lalabas na signal from the nextbase DVD to my TV ay NTSC na?
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2003 at 09:03 PM »
Yup NTSC.

Offline LoBudget

• Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2003 at 11:48 PM »
are these wide screen tvs all flat? it may sound stupid to you guys, but i really wouldnt know.  ???

levi,

any idea if cramps64 still logs in? does he have a shop or does he just sell online?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 11, 2003 at 12:14 PM »
The Sharp Aphrody is not a widescreen. Its a conventional 29" TV. There are two versions of Sharp Aphrody. One is a semi flat (18T range) and the other one is a flat TV (30T range).

Offline LoBudget

• Collector
  • Keep low, move fast...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #11 on: Mar 17, 2003 at 12:37 AM »
anyone know if Cramps64 is still active or know where his shop is?

the 18k tvs, do they have discounts for cash buyers?

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Jun 20, 2003 at 12:28 PM »
i have a problem with my 29 semi-flat Sharp aphrody--- i hooked the TVs AUDIO OUT to my receivers TV/SAT IN. but i really cant get the best sound from it.-- :-\ to those who are using this model, what audio from the TV did u use? --- or talagang di lang maganda ang audio ng Tv model na to? --  ::) thnks for any response...

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Jun 21, 2003 at 09:32 PM »
You have to turn off the speakers so you can get an output from the audio out. You can find the option at the setup menu then choose audio then look for speakers. Turn it off then connect the audio out to your receiver. Once off, you can use the TV volume to adjust the audio out. Dont expect to have great sound. Its only coming from your TV. It is still a lot better than using the TV speakers.

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Jun 23, 2003 at 12:53 PM »
thnks Bro LEVI!! i will try that pagdating ko sa bahay mamaya...

Kasi if i compare the sound of the SHARP APHRODY to my SONY 21" TV it seems na mas maganda ang sound ng SONY--

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2003 at 11:51 PM »
This is how to turn on the service menu for the Aphrody 29 semi flat. Im not sure if it will work for other TV. Turn off the main power. While the TV is off, press the volume up and the channel up at the same time. While pressing both buttons press the main power and wait for a few seconds and the TV will turn on. The service menu will be seen on the screen.

Offline testinglang

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Jun 06, 2010 at 01:31 PM »
I have a question for the Sharp Aphrody TVs does it support HD component cables??? Im not sure if mine does but here is the model(I think) of my TV: Sharp Aphrody 21VFR95S and I can't seem to find any website on the net that contains specific specifications for the Sharp Aphrody TVs. I can't even find a users manual for it in the net because I lost my users manual