Author Topic: Speaker Cable Factor  (Read 1715 times)

Offline sheepboy

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Speaker Cable Factor
« on: Sep 07, 2011 at 11:12 PM »
Experts, How many percent factor does a good speaker play in sound production. in your own opinion and what brands do you use? Ty in advance.
Dcs Puccini & Uclock, Pass Labs x350.5 Power Amp,Sonus Faber Memento,Voodoo Power,IC&Speaker Cable

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
Re: Speaker Cable Factor
« Reply #1 on: Sep 08, 2011 at 08:16 AM »
My advice, be careful in getting the speaker cable for your system as they could be use as a tone control. What i mean is that if your system sound so malambing, you could use a cable with a bright/fast signature, like Nordost cables. Kung gusto mo naman ng medyo mataba with still the smoothness of the highs compared to Nordost, Acoustic Zen Satori comes to mind.

Understand your system and decide the sound you want (malambing, neutral or bright and dynamic).  Read reviews of cables to find out their signature sound and this could be your guide which cables to audition.

Typically, Copper will have more body in the mid and lower registers. Silver will sound more extended in the highs, with faster mids and lows. For me the quality os the material, either copper or silver is used. The higher the purity, the better. I also prefer solid core than stranded cable. The downkall of solid core, it is very stiff.

I hope this helps.
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline Dilbert7

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 09:11 AM »
as a standard, use AWG#12 or bigger. You have enough tone control on your system (bass / treble, cross-over, pre-amps, equalization, etc). there is no need for the cable for the cable to be another tone control - it is not their function. Be careful with monsters and magicians!

Offline sgxp

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 09:28 AM »
..Be careful with monsters and magicians!

at sa mga feelingerong audiofools trying to justify effort, cost and the height of their kilays to themselves, lalu na dun sa kabila heheheh
gumby>h80>mod. ip360 / yggy>joti>mod. hd650

Offline edwin

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • My day is not complete without music
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 10:05 AM »
as a standard, use AWG#12 or bigger. You have enough tone control on your system (bass / treble, cross-over, pre-amps, equalization, etc). there is no need for the cable for the cable to be another tone control - it is not their function. Be careful with monsters and magicians!

I am a purist, meaning trying to minimize those tone control, equalizers, etc in my audio chain, as i beleive they adulterate the sound.

Do you have a dedicated 2 channel set-up? Home theater system is different as you need all the effects to feel the impact on the movie. 2 channel audio is how to capture the soul of the recording.

Good for you if you don't hear any difference between a budget and high-end system. You don't need to spend a great amount of your hard earned savings.
LaptopWin19,AO,Fidelizer
Hermes
Pontus 2
Mapletree
Van Alstein
DeCapo BE
Spacedeck
Hana SL
Vetere

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #5 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 11:03 AM »
SGXP97,

Para clear tayo can you tell me kung anong website nung sinsabing mong kabila na puro taas kilay

at sa mga feelingerong audiofools trying to justify effort, cost and the height of their kilays to themselves, lalu na dun sa kabila heheheh

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #6 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 11:06 AM »
yet another speaker cable debate thread?
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #7 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 11:17 AM »
I played around with Purist Audio Design and Analysis Plus cables from speaker wires to power cables and IC's. An all PAD cabling provides a very quiet background albeit lacking in liveliness. The solution is to add in the mix cables with the opposite sound characteristics, in my case AP, until you get the balance that sounds good to you.

It's good if you know a dealer who will let you home audition different cables prior to purchasing.
« Last Edit: Sep 10, 2011 at 11:19 AM by lithium_deuteride »
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Online at_sunset_blvd

• Trade Count: (+667)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • ReLax & ClosE YoUr EyEs, FeeL tHe tOneS
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 232
« Reply #8 on: Sep 10, 2011 at 02:53 PM »
Cables are just 5% emphasis on the whole system but great quality cable really do have a tad of improvement in the sound reproduction as to my experienced. As for me I would really go for a good brand & built so it's just a matter of choice, budget & contentment, these are just my 2 cents  ;)
The NeverEnding World of Tweak'n...

Offline sheepboy

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Speaker Cable Factor. Mod pls lock
« Reply #9 on: Sep 11, 2011 at 02:52 PM »
Interesting opinions and suggestions. Am already satisfied with the answers. Thanks everyone. Mod pls lock.
Dcs Puccini & Uclock, Pass Labs x350.5 Power Amp,Sonus Faber Memento,Voodoo Power,IC&Speaker Cable