Author Topic: Samsung DLP TVs (L3 and L6)  (Read 12896 times)

Offline redkoji

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Samsung DLP TVs (L3 and L6)
« on: Jul 25, 2003 at 12:24 PM »
Are there any interested in buying one. Please let us know. You can PM us or call at 893-8011
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2005 at 10:19 AM by firewired.info »

Offline pilsen

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
Re: SAMSUNG DLP T.V
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004 at 08:21 AM »
How much for the 43 inch DLP one?

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004 at 06:39 AM »
Redkoji,

How much is the replacement bulb nowadays? In addition, would you be able to help us find out if the Samsung DLP really takes a longer time to show video on the screen during cold and hot "reboots" --- that is, power on, power off and then power on again?

For some reason, mine does and the only way I can fast track it sometimes is that I power off by disconnecting the power cord from 220vac source.

-jackryan 8)

Offline pilsen

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2004 at 10:53 PM »
someone told me today in WEstern filinvest that the bulb goes around for 30k. I don't know how right that is.

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 09, 2004 at 08:27 PM »
Are there any interested in buying one. Please let us know. You can PM us or call at 893-8011

sir, sent u PM...you may txt me at (0917)320-0633, am interested

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jul 08, 2004 at 03:46 PM »
Questions for owners of Samsung DLP RPTV:

I was looking for the original thread but somehow could not find it. Anyway, calling the owners of this set, hope you can answer a few questions:

1. Are you using it for viewing local cable tv? I have SkyCable and wondering how this would look on the Samsung. Is it bad, or good enough to be watchable?

2. How is it for watching 4:3 broadcasts -- does it have a good stretch feature?

3. I've read in some forums that this set is "problematic." How reliable is the set? Is local customer service good?

4. Estimated bulb life? How much is a replacement?

5. Is fan noise an issue?

6. Bottom line = Are you happy with your set?

Many THANKS in advance!

Offline animated

• Collector
  • Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jul 12, 2004 at 10:19 AM »
hi brod slowhand,

we have a 61" WS DLP at home, so my answers don't necessarily apply to the other models. :)

1. Are you using it for viewing local cable tv? I have SkyCable and wondering how this would look on the Samsung. Is it bad, or good enough to be watchable?
we try to avoid watching local TV using the DLP to preserve the bulb.. but then, my family and i find ourselves watching cable on it all the time. (hirap kasi bumalik sa maliit na screen.. hehehe  ;D) regarding skycable... the clarity varies per channel e... some are really really bad (like NBN) while others are particularly clear (like NHK). the guys who installed it insist that it's the signal that determines the picture quality, which makes sense actually...

all in all... it's watchable (most often naman the channels that have really bad picture quality are those people rarely watch... like the arab channels)

2. How is it for watching 4:3 broadcasts -- does it have a good stretch feature?
i'm quite OC about the stretch feature... so when i watch local TV or cable, i switch it to normal mode... but not because the pic quality goes down.. i just can't stand stretched faces.  ;D but then may option din siyang "panoramic" mode. which just stretches the side while trying to maintain proper proportions at the middle part of the screen. try to demo it sa store to see for yourself and see how you like it. :)

3. I've read in some forums that this set is "problematic." How reliable is the set? Is local customer service good?
well... we've already had our set replaced... there was one pixel burned out sa screen (yup, i'm OC enough to spot that from the couch.  ;D hehehe), it turns out, mali yung pagkakabit ng bulb, it was too close to the mirror so it burned that spot sa mirror. it took too long for the replacement parts to arrive, so we asked to replace the whole set, which they did.

they new set hasn't given any significant problems as of yet. it is kinda high manitenance though...

not really sure about the life span.. 3000 hours daw. haven't asked the price for replacement yet. :(

well... how can i explain this, if you want to hear the fan... you will hear it.  :P basically, it's like cooling fans sa PC. once you get used to it, you don't really hear it anymore... but generally, the fan is quiet. (as an extra precaution, my dad puts another fan near the exhaust, and that fan's noisy. but like i said, when you get used to it.. you don't hear it anymore. :) )

6. Bottom line = Are you happy with your set?
in a word, YES! verily.  ;D like i said, it's a bit high maintenance, but other than that, it's a very good purchase. :)

hope this helps!  ;D
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2004 at 10:43 AM by animated »

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Jul 12, 2004 at 11:07 AM »
Thanks animated, for your detailed replies. Much appreciated!

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Aug 30, 2004 at 05:51 PM »
On the Samsung DLP T.V the life of the bulb is around 8000 hours....While on the LCD its 60,000 hours

Just for your info

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Aug 30, 2004 at 06:00 PM »
Hey Guys,

We are trying to schedule a group buy activity this September and October for Samsung, Sony and Panasonic...Just in case sumama ang Sharp...d masmaganda.

In regards to this, can you let us know the best offer that you have on a particular model.  Para pag na schedule po natin yun group buy...pinakamaganda yun offer na makukuha nyo sa amin.

Thanks...

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #10 on: Aug 30, 2004 at 07:16 PM »
Sounds like a great idea.
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline Kups

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Sep 27, 2004 at 08:30 PM »
wait for the new model.  better greyscale & contrast ratio.  if we could get the US model mas maganda

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Oct 03, 2004 at 08:58 AM »

not really sure about the life span.. 3000 hours daw. haven't asked the price for replacement yet. :(

well... how can i explain this, if you want to hear the fan... you will hear it.  :P basically, it's like cooling fans sa PC. once you get used to it, you don't really hear it anymore... but generally, the fan is quiet. (as an extra precaution, my dad puts another fan near the exhaust, and that fan's noisy. but like i said, when you get used to it.. you don't hear it anymore. :) )

I think 3000 would be too short... might be 8000 hours is just right.

I wonder and if anyone can help find out, whether putting extra exhaust fan would help prolong the bulb and unit life. I noticed that when you turn it off, make sure you don't unplug from power source since the fan is still running probably to bring the bulb temp to a lower temperature first...  which brings me back to my original question, would putting extra fan to suck out the generated heat prolong the bulb life ???

-jackryan 8)

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Oct 15, 2004 at 01:37 PM »
Mga DLP boys,

Do you notice a bit of lip sync or audio/video sync problem when watching DVDs? I do notice it now after changing my DVD player.

Offline v0elker

• Collector
  • They say jump and you say how high
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Oct 17, 2004 at 05:16 PM »
andito na ata newer samsung dlp rptv's. saw the 50 incher @ automatic centre, greenbelt this afternoon. they also have the latest philips plasma displays, the one with the ambielight and the other with the flat nxt speakers as well as the lcd tv with the wireless support. ooops ot hehe

yung samsung dlp na may pedestal on display sa glorietta, they're huge pala

wait for the new model.  better greyscale & contrast ratio.  if we could get the US model mas maganda

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Oct 22, 2004 at 09:17 PM »
Mga DLP boys,

Do you notice a bit of lip sync or audio/video sync problem when watching DVDs? I do notice it now after changing my DVD player.

Is the problem a function of your new dvd player then? i've tried about 3 dvd players on my sammy dlp and have no problems so far... what was your original dvd player vs your new one now?

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Oct 25, 2004 at 08:40 AM »
I used to have a Pioneer DV-633A and I didn't notice the minor lipsync issue.

I now have the Pioneer DV-676A and I now have a minor lipsync issue. It's more evident in some DVDs than others. I also tried it with my friend's TEAC DVD player and it also had minor lipsync issues.

I traded-in my Marantz SR-4500 for the 5500 which has a lipsync delay feature and everything is okay now.   :)

You'll only get to notice the delay when you have an actor which talks very fast like Eddie Murphy for example. Maybe I already had the lipsync problem before but I'm only sensitive to it now.

Here's a good article on the subject:   http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/specsformats/AV_lip_sync_delay.html

By the way, Tony, after selling my Xbox, hindi na Xbox addict yung anak ko. Counter-Strike addict na siya ngayon!  :-)

Is the problem a function of your new dvd player then? i've tried about 3 dvd players on my sammy dlp and have no problems so far... what was your original dvd player vs your new one now?

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Nov 25, 2004 at 09:30 PM »

By the way, Tony, after selling my Xbox, hindi na Xbox addict yung anak ko. Counter-Strike addict na siya ngayon!  :-)

pre, mas matindi yan... I am going to dispose 2 out of 5 xbox consoles that I have... my wife is beating me to death since my son's grade degraded this quarter :-(

I'll be connecting my new Sony 400megachanger DVD with progscan to the Samsung DLP this weekend... sana sulit... supposedly this is also SACD compatible...

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 09:43 AM »
Jackryan,

Please PM me where and how much you bought your megachanger. Mukhang good idea yan ha. Kaso I will need one with DVD-Audio since I have invested so much on this already.

By the way, 3,000 hours is indeed a low figure for the bulb's life since mine already has 3,700 hours usage.

I'm glad your DLP is fixed already.

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 09:43 PM »
Jackryan,

Please PM me where and how much you bought your megachanger. Mukhang good idea yan ha. Kaso I will need one with DVD-Audio since I have invested so much on this already.

By the way, 3,000 hours is indeed a low figure for the bulb's life since mine already has 3,700 hours usage.

I'm glad your DLP is fixed already.

I ordered it in the US... from Amazon and have it shipped through a balikbayan box for 30 US$ lang (promo kasi) ;-)

Yup, it's 8,000 hours... can you pm the sequence to go to service mode... 

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Nov 27, 2004 at 06:01 PM »

I ordered it in the US... from Amazon and have it shipped through a balikbayan box for 30 US$ lang (promo kasi) ;-)

Yup, it's 8,000 hours... can you pm the sequence to go to service mode... 

OT: Here's the exact model
Sony DVP-CX985V 400 Disc Progressive DVD / SACD Player

Anyway, the Samsung tech persons came here this morning and also promptly replaced my main switch... at no cost bro to me even when I can't produce anymore my orig receipt... I understand the said part was shipped way from Korea based on my complaint about a week ago.

I was able to see how the whole DLP is configured inside up to the mirror components and how the main screen can be detached very quickly. It just took them about 30 minutes to fix my main switch. Apparently it just got misaligned but yet they replaced the whole thing when I indicated my preference for total replacement.

Kudos to Samsung... customer service has greatly improved by leaps and bounds... I think they'll make Sony (I use to be a big fan) and even Philips (I also own a Pixel View) a run for their money on customer service fundamentals --- pleasing the customer and ensuring customer trust and loyalty is maintained !!!

CHEERS !!!
-jackryan 8)

« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2004 at 06:05 PM by jackryan »

Offline art00

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Nov 28, 2004 at 11:56 AM »
Sir Jack:

** Hi.  Since you ordered your Sony from the U.S., it must be Region 1.  Is there a way to make it multi-region or, at the very least, configure it to play Reg 3 dvd's too? Like a key press sequence on the remote control, just like on a Samsung player? All of my discs are either Reg 1 or 3.  I really don't care much for other regions.

** Thanks.

art00

Offline jackryan

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: Nov 28, 2004 at 01:26 PM »
Sir Jack:

** Hi.  Since you ordered your Sony from the U.S., it must be Region 1.  Is there a way to make it multi-region or, at the very least, configure it to play Reg 3 dvd's too? Like a key press sequence on the remote control, just like on a Samsung player? All of my discs are either Reg 1 or 3.  I really don't care much for other regions.

** Thanks.

art00

nope. i don't have the info. i have two more dvd players attached to the dlp for that purpose plus if things fail, I got the ever reliable mod xbox to depend on too.

this is more designed for my R1 titles (like those tv series and war docs, plus concerts) and a number of mp3 favorite cd's.

:-)
-jackryan 8)

Offline mYKi

• Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: Apr 28, 2005 at 06:40 AM »
Has anyone tried tweaking their sets by going to the service menu? It's heavily discussed in avsforum but I'm a bit scared to try it out. All I did was change the Gamma from 4 to 0.

Myki

Offline rene_canlas

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2005 at 01:13 AM »
Nakakatakot talaga, since:

a) There is no "Reset to Factory Default" option so you'd better remember the original settings before you start messing around with the SM.

b) From what I read, some options there may be capable of damaging the TV if misapplied or changed by inexperienced users.  Tread carefully!

c) If Samsung finds out you messed with the SM, bye-bye warranty!

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 12:11 AM »
What is the difference between the 2nd and the 3rd generation? There are still old stock of the 2nd gen and I can get a 50 for the price of the 42 3rd gen.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: Oct 09, 2005 at 01:21 AM »
Any L6 users?

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: Oct 09, 2005 at 02:58 AM »
Guess Who is the newest member of the SAMMY DLP CLUB?  ::)What a great post this will be! Kaya MOD PARC ;D, hurry to this lucky member's home and take a good DIGIPIC of it. Im sure many will be waiting for this! ;)
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline PARC

• Konsehal
  • DVD Guru
  • http://www.flickr.com/photos/parc/
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: Oct 09, 2005 at 11:42 AM »
Guess Who is the newest member of the SAMMY DLP CLUB? ::)What a great post this will be! Kaya MOD PARC ;D, hurry to this lucky member's home and take a good DIGIPIC of it. Im sure many will be waiting for this! ;)

Hehehe may be next year na angelo. Nauna na nga si pareng Levi.:)

PARC

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: Oct 09, 2005 at 02:49 PM »
Any L6 users?

hi i have a SP-61L6HR, i've had it for a month